Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2016 3:06 AM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ymir backstory finally reveal! And Historia looks gorgeous with her new hair style. Cant wait for translation.
Dec 28, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2014
Where did you find the spoilers? Edit: Found them.
Dec 28, 2016 11:16 AM

Mar 2014
where are the translations?
Dec 28, 2016 12:25 PM

Aug 2013
Finally back to the present. I can't wait for the translations.

Isn't this the titan that was in the first OVA?

keragamming said:
Historia looks gorgeous with her new hair style.

The female characters all looked gorgeous in this chapter.
Dec 28, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2015
Great, more time looping... we surely didn't get enough of those in recent years...

However, most anime involving this plot twist ended up being an masterpiece...
Dec 29, 2016 2:37 AM

Aug 2012
_Spectacled_ said:
Finally back to the present. I can't wait for the translations.

Isn't this the titan that was in the first OVA?

Yea definitely looks like it
Dec 29, 2016 4:44 AM

Sep 2016
is there any info about current ymir whereabouts ?
Dec 29, 2016 4:57 AM

Jul 2014
HISTORIA~!!! OMG SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!
i have been waiting ages to see her!!!
Dec 29, 2016 5:13 AM

Dec 2015
Still told us nothing of what Ymir is doing sigh. Has Historia just been given the death flag. Also what the hell is going on with the memories being changed?........
Dec 29, 2016 5:33 AM
Dec 2016
Okay but what was that ending? Why did he suddenly mention Misaka and Armin?? Is the memory of "the attack on titan" connected from the past to the future? Or was Eren just imagine stuff and manipulated his memory? I have so many questions
Dec 29, 2016 5:36 AM
Dec 2016
MoanaAvengers said:
Still told us nothing of what Ymir is doing sigh. Has Historia just been given the death flag. Also what the hell is going on with the memories being changed?........
I was shook by the last page. Why did he suddenly mention Armin & Misaka? Could it be that the memories or the determination of anyone with the Attack on Titan power goes through the past and future? Or was Eren just manipulating the memories?
Dec 29, 2016 5:39 AM

Jul 2014
Buthainaa said:
Okay but what was that ending? Why did he suddenly mention Misaka and Armin?? Is the memory of "the attack on titan" connected from the past to the future? Or was Eren just imagine stuff and manipulated his memory? I have so many questions

it's just another mystery or let's say hype for the next chapter
Dec 29, 2016 5:46 AM

Dec 2015
Buthainaa said:
MoanaAvengers said:
I was shook by the last page. Why did he suddenly mention Armin & Misaka? Could it be that the memories or the determination of anyone with the Attack on Titan power goes through the past and future? Or was Eren just manipulating the memories?

Hopefully it isn't manipulation otherwise this could bring a lot of the back stories down.
Dec 29, 2016 5:54 AM

Oct 2015
I think it just means there was an Armin and Mikasa in a previous Shingeki no Kyojin inheriter's line. What are the chances those same names would come up in Eren's lifetime, though...? Not sure I like or dislike that yet. Maybe Grisha had a deliberate hand in Mikasa and Armin being Eren's friends early on... From what I'm seeing Grisha's children are nothing more than a means to an end to him.

One thing I'm convinced of is that all the Survey Corps members will die by the end of this manga. Perhaps even all Eldians within the Walls. They tried to kill or eternally imprison Ymir before by giving her the Titan power and she ran straight into their hands again so she's fucked. How much of her memory did she have before she left, though? Was it all of it? Did she know they turned her into a Titan? That humanity outside the walls was not extinct?
MoonStar9Dec 29, 2016 5:59 AM
Dec 29, 2016 6:15 AM

Apr 2015
So basically the memory connects with every dimensions. After reading this chapter,just remembered the chapter 1 title which bothers me since the beginning.

It makes sense now.
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 29, 2016 6:36 AM
Jul 2015
nearbaskara said:
So basically the memory connects with every dimensions. After reading this chapter,just remembered the chapter 1 title which bothers me since the beginning.

It makes sense now.

Interesting, so by this token maybe they're going to fail, everyone will die, and this is Eren's message to the next attack titan.

I'm a bit disappointed by the last few chapters. Maybe I read a poor translation but it's starting to feel a bit jumbled and like they're dragging on the back story longer than they should. It's supposed to be wrapping up soon, but I'm getting the feeling they're going to milk it.
Dec 29, 2016 7:17 AM

Apr 2016
Finally we are back in present, that last page omg i hope this will not be some time travel shit.
Dec 29, 2016 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
hajime isayama make my head like a door which has a lot of key hole,and need to be open with just another couple of keys left and all will make sense in my mind haha.the theory about titan shifter memory was been said but if the last page of this chapter really a something that package with :time travel+confusing me.i will wait what will happen next XD
moestaticDec 29, 2016 8:14 AM
Dec 29, 2016 8:27 AM

May 2015
This chapter is really confusing. I need to backread.
Dec 29, 2016 8:34 AM

Nov 2011
Really interesting to see more of Ymir's past this chapter. In particular, the part where she addressed to Historia in that letter conveyed her honesty.

Now I wonder if Eren can even handle the power of the original Titan assuming if he can get his hands on it. Taking is one thing, mastering is another.
Dec 29, 2016 8:44 AM

Nov 2011
timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff.

Dec 29, 2016 9:01 AM

Nov 2015
Omg, what did I just read?! I didn't get the first page that why Hanji gets angry. And Sasha lives yay! They're just 9 member now. That's sad. THE LAST PAGE?? Did he give a warning to the future self without knowing, I mean future shifter. This manga blow up my head.

Dec 29, 2016 9:02 AM

Sep 2007
MoonStar9 said:
I think it just means there was an Armin and Mikasa in a previous Shingeki no Kyojin inheriter's line. What are the chances those same names would come up in Eren's lifetime, though...? Not sure I like or dislike that yet. Maybe Grisha had a deliberate hand in Mikasa and Armin being Eren's friends early on... From what I'm seeing Grisha's children are nothing more than a means to an end to him.

this bothered me a lot maybe you're right, remember what Zeke said when Erwin charged into the suicide attack in ch.81? he said : " how sad, they haven't learned a thing from the mistakes of their past. its a tragedy that king Reiss took the memories of the world away from them... because of that they make the same mistakes over and over again " so there's a possibility the same exact thing happened before maybe Eren have the ability to do the time loop thing just like Subaru in Rezero or going through alternative dimensions via " lines " like Steins;gate that could explain the mixed up memories from both past and future

this is confusing honestly xD i want an explanation in the upcoming chapters!!
Dec 29, 2016 9:32 AM

Oct 2015
Sarah-Sama said:
MoonStar9 said:

this bothered me a lot maybe you're right, remember what Zeke said when Erwin charged into the suicide attack in ch.81? he said : " how sad, they haven't learned a thing from the mistakes of their past. its a tragedy that king Reiss took the memories of the world away from them... because of that they make the same mistakes over and over again " so there's a possibility the same exact thing happened before maybe Eren have the ability to do the time loop thing just like Subaru in Rezero or going through alternative dimensions via " lines " like Steins;gate that could explain the mixed up memories from both past and future

this is confusing honestly xD i want an explanation in the upcoming chapters!!

Oh, god. Please, no time manipulation! That would seriously ruin Attack on Titan for me. It's just not that kind of series.
Dec 29, 2016 10:03 AM

Jun 2014
I'm in agreement with others above me in hoping there's no time travel/time manipulation involved. It doesn't really fit the series at all.

These last few chapters have been pretty confusing for me tbh, so I really need to go back and reread this stuff carefully. I'm pretty sure some of this confusing stuff will be clarified in future chapters as well.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 29, 2016 10:10 AM
Sep 2016
omg (*_*) that was so amazing!
I almost got a heart attack, so amazing !I think I will go back to the Hospital
Dec 29, 2016 10:26 AM

Jan 2014
The title of the very first chapter is “To you, 2000 years from now“

So I was right that this serious will be have something to do with Time Loop. Author is really amazing. He planned everything from chapter one.

5/5

I believe that this manga will end when Eren will open his eyes under the tree just like in the first chapter but this time he will remember everything from future.
Taito10Dec 29, 2016 10:48 AM
Dec 29, 2016 10:40 AM

Sep 2014
Okay now what's with those Eren Kruger's memories ? When he mentioned their names Mikasa and Armin shouldn't even been born yet. Don't involve anything with time travels please ..
Dec 29, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2013
Start of this chapter....ROFL!!!! LOve Hanji...."Why are you talking and posing alone?" XD Literally almost ROFL my ass off!! XD

HISTORIA!!! With MATURE QUEEN Hairstyle! X)

Ymir Backround....but looks like they will soon take the Titan out of her....Damn I hope she won't die that easily but that would be actually no surprise in SNK if she Died just like that.

SASHA IS OK! XD

....Wait....I am somewhat confused why did Eren kept his mouth shut...because it was just thought without prove? or the trauma that was with it.....Ah....O_O YEah..Eren Keep your mouth shut....HANDS OF FROM HISTORIA!!!

WAit...WTF!? WHY WOULD OWL KNOW ABOUT MIKASA AND ARMIN!?
JarjaxleDec 29, 2016 11:06 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 29, 2016 11:30 AM

Sep 2014
That last page damn, now this just got even more confusing >_< Still awesome though!
Dec 29, 2016 11:45 AM

Jan 2016
I'm honestly really confused. I hope a better translation will come soon.
Dec 29, 2016 12:28 PM
Dec 2016
Is it just me, or im just curious on the page where owl said to grisha "your sons".

plural, at that time grisha only had one child, i don't if this was a mistake from translation or something.
Dec 29, 2016 1:01 PM

Aug 2015
rigolotekitten said:
I'm honestly really confused. I hope a better translation will come soon.
There is one you can find it here: imgur[dot]com/a/PAj9A
Dec 29, 2016 1:32 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting info on Ymir & the Titans.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 29, 2016 1:52 PM
Apr 2012
Whats the 'truce' they talk about?
Dec 29, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2009
what is that truce?

and wtf is the ending, the owl said the name of Armin and Mikasa as though he knows them on some other timeline lol
Dec 29, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
Spontaneous_ME said:

This, either I'm stupid or these translations suck ass.
Dec 29, 2016 5:07 PM

Jun 2011
Wait, wait, wait..that last page...why/how does the Owl knows Mikasa & Armin? Is this some kind of time travel cliche again?? Eren goes back into the past to help Grisha??

Or is it just some troll translation i just read?
Dec 29, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2015
confusing chapter... Is it just me or the art is quite different from usual??
Dec 29, 2016 6:05 PM
Jan 2015
My theory is that Maybe Eren when for example a bad end happened he will travel in time to fix it but with memory lost with evidence in this chapter When the owl said "If you can't do that everything will happen again the same story, the same mistake and Mikasa and Armin if you want to save them all fullfil your mission in the period of the Owl before that he failed that's why he became the Owl. Then in before Eren period he failed again that's why he is crying in the 1st chapter and said why is your hair long Mikasa? because Eren knew that Mikasa will eventually have a short hair because she will cut it.

And also with the notes on the end of chapter They keep fighting an endless battle then I remember this anime way back called buddy complex maybe it's identical to this anime if you watch this maybe what is happening to Eren is similarly what happened to Hina on Buddy Complex.
SwordSaintDec 29, 2016 6:11 PM
Dec 29, 2016 6:52 PM

Sep 2014
Clymenus said:
Spontaneous_ME said:

This, either I'm stupid or these translations suck ass.

They really really do suck ass, seriously. I did not understand much of what was being said because the translation really is bad.
DECENT translations WHEN? T.T
Dec 29, 2016 8:16 PM

Aug 2012
Andes-Chucky said:
confusing chapter... Is it just me or the art is quite different from usual??
Art looks the same as usual. Probably read a bad scan.
Dec 29, 2016 9:47 PM

Aug 2012
We finally got some Ymir backstory, interesting. The Talking Titan was also spotted in this chapter XD. Historia's new hairstyle is pretty kinda resembles Dina's. The last few pages with the mentions of Mikasa and Armin got me like !?!?!?!
Dec 29, 2016 10:27 PM
Apr 2011
Eren is actually asleep, and all of this is in his head as a prophecy. He'll wake up, and then the manga actually starts.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Dec 29, 2016 10:39 PM

Aug 2012
Isayama is that you XD

Dec 30, 2016 2:25 AM

Apr 2015
About Ymir, I got trolled by Isayama :lool
I thought she was an important character for the plot, but actually not really. It shocked my human side :lel. She was just a poor child with no home or family, and being adopted by Ymir's people to maintained their belief. They used her as a fake figure of Ymir to gain attention of some kind of revolution in Eldia.
So the nazi culture has been there for over 50 years, what the hell Marlin.

SwordSaint said:
My theory is that Maybe Eren when for example a bad end happened he will travel in time to fix it but with memory lost with evidence in this chapter When the owl said "If you can't do that everything will happen again the same story, the same mistake and Mikasa and Armin if you want to save them all fullfil your mission in the period of the Owl before that he failed that's why he became the Owl. Then in before Eren period he failed again that's why he is crying in the 1st chapter and said why is your hair long Mikasa? because Eren knew that Mikasa will eventually have a short hair because she will cut it.

And also with the notes on the end of chapter They keep fighting an endless battle then I remember this anime way back called buddy complex maybe it's identical to this anime if you watch this maybe what is happening to Eren is similarly what happened to Hina on Buddy Complex.

damn bro, now that you mentioned it. it makes a lot of sense in chapter 1

1 page explains it all, MIND_BLOWN
DebaskyDec 30, 2016 2:33 AM
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Dec 30, 2016 4:01 AM

Dec 2013
Guess it's time to reread a bit, 'cause I feel really lost now. That first chapter does make sense now! I suppose Mikasa will be the last thing he sees and that's why his memory is so vivid about her hair.
PriestSlayerDec 30, 2016 4:17 AM
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Dec 30, 2016 6:04 AM

Oct 2013
The first chapter title '' to you 2000 years from now''

Amazing foreshadowing! the puzzle is slowly coming together now.

Dec 30, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2016
After 88 chapters, finally there're some clues about the dream in the first chapter.
Dec 30, 2016 6:42 AM

Jan 2010
I think they were intentionally mixing Owl and Eren to intentionally confuse us. It seemed that it was a bit troublesome for Eren to keep focused on the present without dipping into the past a bit. I believe he is confusing his own and Owl's memories.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Yesterday, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.