Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2016 2:05 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Holyshit! The history of Grisha and the History of the walls! Also the art style looks really good this chapter.
Oct 5, 2016 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
keragamming said:
Holyshit! The history of Grisha and the History of the walls! Also the art style looks really good this chapter.

Man the waiting part is already killing me slowly, now you just had to tease me
Oct 5, 2016 2:39 PM
Nov 2009
Me after reading the spoilers:

Oct 5, 2016 5:04 PM
Oct 2014
I had a really good theory but never put it out there. *sigh* I don't expect things to happen like this, but I thought about the names of characters in the walls...a lot of European in there, German coming to mind. Every time I heard about "evil people in the walls," I thought...

"Wouldn't it be crazy if these were the post Nazi family members and descendants paying for previous generations crimes?"

I'm not sure I would completely like that setting, but it almost seems like a possible scenario once I saw what looked like a Star of David in the pictures. I'm glad I'm not the writer of the story because I would probably not be able to pull this one off. But then again, I could be way off of the author's inspiration.

Hey, it could be worse. With all of the small images and focus on plants early on, I thought the people in the walls were going to be punished for "killing mother Earth." That story line would have been way too political for me.
Oct 6, 2016 1:33 AM
Nov 2015
And for some reason SnK manga rating is 8.5 ..
I began reading the spilers. But I stopped. This is the first time I stop reading the spoilers because of the hype. I can't take it all at once lol.

The translation is released?
Oct 6, 2016 4:33 AM

Aug 2012
xEzioAuditore said:
I began reading the spilers. But I stopped. This is the first time I stop reading the spoilers because of the hype. I can't take it all at once lol.

Not yet probably in a few hours or just 1 more day for the official release since it's a day early for this issue.
Oct 6, 2016 8:02 AM

Jul 2015
xEzioAuditore said:

Yeah I feel like it's kinda underrated. Maybe the art is not good enough? But HXH manga art is horrible and it's rated high.
Gintama is the same. The anime is sucking 50% of MAL top 10 (11 actually) and the manga is rated 8.37... I know Gintama's animation is phenomenal but still the deficit is kinda huge.
Oct 6, 2016 9:42 AM

Oct 2013
@xEzioAuditore @b-okiya

There is multiple reason for the score being at 8.51. Snk was at 8.74 around early 2014.

1. Haters come and downvote it after the popularity
2. A lot of people didn't like the uprising arc, and therefore they drop the score. I think the main reason is because of the uprising arc. Honestly following that arc on a monthly basis my not be the best experience.

I believe a lot of people will realize how good the uprising arc is when its animated for season 2. And I believe the score will rise up back after season 2 airs if it gets good reception which I strongly believe it will. And also when the manga eventually ends.

I feel the series is greatly underrated at this moment.
Oct 6, 2016 12:05 PM

Mar 2014
lmao, this manga is funny now. I will wait for the translations.
Oct 6, 2016 12:05 PM

Jul 2015
ragamuffin9999 said:
keragamming said:
@xEzioAuditore @b-okiya

There is multiple reason for the score being at 8.51. Snk was at 8.74 around early 2014.

2. A lot of people didn't like the uprising arc, and therefore they drop the score. I think the main reason is because of the uprising arc. Honestly following that arc on a monthly basis my not be the best experience.

I believe a lot of people will realize how good the uprising arc is when its animated for season 2. And I believe the score will rise up back after season 2 airs if it gets good reception which I strongly believe it will. And also when the manga eventually ends.

who care about rank!?
i dont care .

Well I do actually care, but not to that great extent.

MAL ratings give a sorta understandable idea about the level of the series in general, and I often depend on them when I choose what to watch/read.
So I just feel uneasy when I see something underrated; especially when it is due to obvious hating (which is the case in many popular/highly-rate series).

I hope that things will resolve by themselves after season 2 comes out.
Oct 6, 2016 12:22 PM

Oct 2013
sullynathan said:

Funny in a good way or bad way?
Oct 6, 2016 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
ragamuffin9999 said:
b-okiya said:

Well I do actually care, but not to that great extent.

MAL ratings give a sorta understandable idea about the level of the series in general, and I often depend on them when I choose what to watch/read.
So I just feel uneasy when I see something underrated; especially when it is due to obvious hating (which is the case in many popular/highly-rate series).

I hope that things will resolve by themselves after season 2 comes out.

Hmmmm Maybe you're right but for me i dont care
do not expect a lot of second season
Because Araki left
We have a tyro director

Araki is now the chief director of season 2, he is still apart of the team.
Oct 6, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2014
keragamming said:
sullynathan said:

Funny in a good way or bad way?

It's In a good way.
Oct 6, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2010
Raw looks good I am glad we are getting the story of the walls. I hope there is a good reveal here.

keragamming said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I've never thought the art in AoT manga was that great. This chapter isn't the best but the content is what is amazing imo.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Oct 6, 2016 7:15 PM
Sep 2013
Will somebody please put a link so we can all read this manga issue. Pleeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!
Oct 6, 2016 10:35 PM

Dec 2012
Woah a Blimp.
Interesting history on Grisha & the titans.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 6, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2012
Spanish translation is out (look for @ShingekiNoKyojin2013 on facebook if you're desperate).

We got to learn the origin of the titans!!! I like that it's not an experiment. Isayama apparently thought ahead and trolled us... or he didn't think that much. The tale of Ymir shares some similarities with the real world myth after all.

The amount of nazi and Jewish references in this chapter is astonishing. It almost felt like reading FMA.
Oh yeah, and Zeke is Eren's half-brother. I was expecting him to be his uncle or something.

5/5
kchorrex2012Oct 6, 2016 11:06 PM
Oct 7, 2016 1:06 AM
Nov 2015
b-okiya said:
xEzioAuditore said:

Yeah I feel like it's kinda underrated. Maybe the art is not good enough? But HXH manga art is horrible and it's rated high.
Gintama is the same. The anime is sucking 50% of MAL top 10 (11 actually) and the manga is rated 8.37... I know Gintama's animation is phenomenal but still the deficit is kinda huge.

I don't think it's about the art because clearly One Piece sucks when it comes to Art but has a detailled one. Compared to Bleach & HxH, they have white backgrounds in the latest chapters.

keragamming said:
@xEzioAuditore @b-okiya

Well, I agree that the Uprising Arc is a little bit too long. But let's imagine how good it'll be adaptate. Imagine the 110 m titan. Grishia's Past. And the Levi x Kenny story.

I won't talk about the chapters +80 because they're too perfect to be adaptated soon.

PS: Your pic is too stylish lol
Oct 7, 2016 2:11 AM

Sep 2014
So that's how the titans began, deal with the devil huh? I wonder..
Zeke's actually Eren's brother o.O or half at least

Really sucks for Grisha losing his sister like that...but I'm not really sure about his decisions after that.
Why the hell would you send your own son to the enemy side, the hell?!!!

I guess it now makes sense why Bertholdt and Reiner behaved like that against their fellow friends, I'm not sure though why they invaded Shiganshina since I thought they wanted to keep them inside.

Pretty fucked up ending but now I'm even more confused about the whole titan thing...can't really tell who is good or bad here.

Oh well, looking forward to the next chapter.
nerfxOct 7, 2016 2:23 AM
Oct 7, 2016 2:42 AM

Oct 2013
Phenoninal chapter! Obviously there is some lies on both side! Can't wait for the next chapter! 5/5.

I'm glad that I was proven right that this wasn't some lame experiment like divergent or maze runner for eg.
Oct 7, 2016 4:52 AM
Dec 2015
Who else thinks that Geisha's first wife is the Titan that ate Carla in the beginning? The one Eren destroyed in Chapter 50. The design looked alike enough. Hahaha I'm sorry XD
Oct 7, 2016 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
Rio_Pascua said:
Who else thinks that Geisha's first wife is the Titan that ate Carla in the beginning? The one Eren destroyed in Chapter 50. The design looked alike enough. Hahaha I'm sorry XD

Lol that's what I thought too. They both have the same hair.
Oct 7, 2016 5:51 AM

Aug 2012
Rio_Pascua said:
Same, a lot of these people in this chapter have titan looking faces back during the Battle of Trost arc
Oct 7, 2016 6:29 AM

Nov 2011
Wow that's quite the background storytelling this chapter about Zeke and his family. Heavy stuff especially the part about Ymir and the Elodian government.
Oct 7, 2016 6:42 AM

Feb 2013
Now I'm more curious of Ymir past... It's King Fritz her father? She talked about her family wanting dead... She opposed to him maybe? So much mystery much wow

Oct 7, 2016 6:46 AM

Jun 2016
sim0n2170 said:
Rio_Pascua said:
Same, a lot of these people in this chapter have titan looking faces back during the Battle of Trost arc

I also noticed that the character from the right looked just like the "Moe" titan, but all of them to have a connection? Nice observation...and kudos to Isayama, if that is actually the case and not just rehashing same facial features.

MihaiOtakuOct 8, 2016 12:09 AM
Oct 7, 2016 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
badwolf45f said:
Now I'm more curious of Ymir past... It's King Fritz her father? She talked about her family wanting dead... She opposed to him maybe? So much mystery much wow

I thought Bert and Reiner wanted her dead because she stole the titan's power (so she could regain her human form) from their friend? Isn't that the reason why she agreed to kidnap Historia and hand her over to them? so they'd forgive her for what she did to their friend (correct me if I'm wrong but did ymir ever mention her family before?)
Oct 7, 2016 7:41 AM
Oct 2014
So "heaven" appears to be the state of bliss/sleep while in Titan form (not shifter titan).
Oct 7, 2016 7:46 AM

Feb 2013
_Flan_ said:
badwolf45f said:

I thought Bert and Reiner wanted her dead because she stole the titan's power (so she could regain her human form) from their friend? Isn't that the reason why she agreed to kidnap Historia and hand her over to them? so they'd forgive her for what she did to their friend (correct me if I'm wrong but did ymir ever mention her family before?)

Sorry, I remembered the quote wrong this is the thing she said that I was referring to:

"I too used to believe that the world would be a better place if I hadn’t been born. I was hated merely for the fact that I existed, and I died for the happiness of many people."

And now knowing the true story of God Ymir... I think it match with what she says

Oct 7, 2016 8:44 AM

Mar 2014
Great Chapter. So we finally found out Zeke aka the Beast Titan is Eren's half brother. I think most people thought he was either Eren's uncle or grandfather. I'm still confused on the whole Ymir aspect. And we still don't know if she is alive (I think she is).

http://imgur.com/VZyb3Pu
Ps. I thought this was a cool image of baby Zeke playing with a stuffed animal that looks exactly like the beast titan form.
vampalchemistOct 7, 2016 10:14 AM
Oct 7, 2016 8:50 AM

Aug 2013
badwolf45f said:

Sorry, I remembered the quote wrong this is the thing she said that I was referring to:

"I too used to believe that the world would be a better place if I hadn’t been born. I was hated merely for the fact that I existed, and I died for the happiness of many people."

And now knowing the true story of God Ymir... I think it match with what she says

I see. Thank you for the clarification!
Tbh I'm still confused about Ymir's past. Everything about her is shrouded in mystery. Didn't they say that when Ymir died, her soul was shared by the people? I need to re-read the chapter.

vampalchemist said:

Ps. I thought this was a cool image of baby Zeke playing with a stuffed animal that looks exactly like the beat titan form.

This shot is very interesting! Do the shifters have any control over their titan form? Is this why Zeke's titan form is that of an ape?
Oct 7, 2016 8:55 AM

Feb 2013
_Flan_ said:
badwolf45f said:

Tbh I'm still confused about Ymir's past. Everything about her is shrouded in mystery. Didn't they say that when Ymir died, her soul was shared by the people? I need to re-read the chapter.

vampalchemist said:

Ps. I thought this was a cool image of baby Zeke playing with a stuffed animal that looks exactly like the beat titan form.

This shot is very interesting! Do the shifters have any control over their titan form? Is this why Zeke's titan form is that of an ape?
_Flan_ said:
badwolf45f said:

yeah its all pretty confusing, i guess it will be reveal in Ymirs letter

Oct 7, 2016 9:15 AM
May 2015
Greatest chapter.
I'm so glad all the theories I read were false. The history of this world is amazing.
WTTC2Oct 7, 2016 12:58 PM
Oct 7, 2016 9:34 AM

Nov 2008
So I take it, its like World War 1 ages outside the walls and all this time there on a huge island?
Oct 7, 2016 9:47 AM

Mar 2015
Their own son turned against them, that's pretty f*cked up. I want to see what Eren and the others found out besides the photo, that's going to be interesting.
Oct 7, 2016 9:49 AM

Apr 2016
Zeke....you have one job !
Oct 7, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
Confusing chapter, soo who's BAD here ellodia or yimir? Ellodia is bi continet and ymir is our island yes? so they fight with each other but who's side Grisha was in this chapter.
Oct 7, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2016
xEzioAuditore said:

8.5 is really good tho. It's not a perfect manga. It's great but has its own flaws.
I don't like a lot of the top 50 manga in MAL too. I guess people just have different tastes.
Oct 7, 2016 11:00 AM
Nov 2015
lunarxlunar said:
xEzioAuditore said:

8.5 is really good tho. It's not a perfect manga. It's great but has its own flaws.
I don't like a lot of the top 50 manga in MAL too. I guess people just have different tastes.

8.5 is low for SnK. Even the anime was better than some of +8.6 shows.
SnK never disappointed me. No cheap Cliffhangers or Plot Twists. Always meets my expectations.
Oct 7, 2016 11:27 AM

Aug 2016
I'm just gonna quote on what I said on my Instagram:

"Hold on a second. First of all, I'm mind blown and pretty confused lol. So I'm guessing this kid is Eren's brother who is maybe the beast titan suggested by the monkey he had in his hand during the chapter? Also, there is still more titan shifters? Like, dang. I'm so fricking clueless right now so I'm guessing that Eren will have to fight against his brother in the end or something lol. I think I'm going to be confused with AOT for like a year till they clear things up lol."

Also, the artwork was a lot more better this chapter, looked amazing. Like @vong10 said, I'm also interested on what else they find.
Oct 7, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
Anyone else noticed on some sites certain pages are mixed up? Kinda confusing
Oct 7, 2016 12:04 PM

Jun 2016
http://i.imgur.com/fMeABqt.png

Interesting fact...if you mirror the map, the continent is Africa and Paradi Island is Madagascar.

MihaiOtakuOct 8, 2016 12:10 AM
Oct 7, 2016 1:17 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Slightly confusing, but really good chapter. Some things made more sense, but some things are more confusing. Can't wait for the next chapter though.

5/5
Oct 7, 2016 2:08 PM
Apr 2015
So there are 9 titan shifters in this world. Let's recap who they are:

Reiner (Armor Titan)
Ymir (Small Titan)
Annie (Female Titan)
Zeke (Beast Titan)
Bertholt > Armin (Colossal Titan)
Frieda > Grisha > Eren (Coordinate Titan)
Grisha > Eren (Big Titan)
?
?

Let's not forget Grisha and Frieda both had shifting abilities at some point and Grisha just fused both them to transmit them to Eren, meaning there are probably only 8 titan shifters left now.

What if someone (a regular Titan or a Shifter) ate all of the Titan Shifters, wouldn't he become just like the original Titan they speak of in this chapter?
Oct 7, 2016 2:31 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Single most important chapter in eons. Things really fall into place now and boy we're most theories being bandied about wrong.

Somehow I feel dreadful about Erwin having did without knowing all this mind blowing information
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 7, 2016 2:31 PM

Apr 2016
The historical "facts" in this chapter could be very misleading.
Even eren's dad might not realize that these facts could be made up
Oct 7, 2016 2:32 PM

Jul 2014
Waitwaitwait, does that mean that the Beast titan is actually Eren's brother? Holy crap!
Oct 7, 2016 2:45 PM

Mar 2010
OMG OMG OMG PEOPLE!!!! What if the titan who killed Karla was Grisha's first wife?!! OMG DAT LOVE DRAMA!!

...oh ok Abdel already mentioned it
Oct 7, 2016 3:05 PM
Sep 2015
They're both pretty bad
Oct 7, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2014
current translation is shoddy but this chapter was confusing. I liked it.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Yesterday, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 22, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.