Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 20, 2015 1:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NicoNico debuted the first, second, and third episode on its channel.

This looked good imo in terms of artwork and visuals along with the music.

Action is decent most on parts imo. Interesting start and it establishes some of the war-like atmosphere going on. Ibuki already experiences a loss...of someone close. Damn, I wonder how many others will perish? The theme song played in the second half is pretty good on most parts. Yeah, no censorship on this either.

cyruzJun 21, 2015 3:00 AM
Jun 20, 2015 2:01 AM

Dec 2013
Happy to hear there won't be any censorship
Jun 20, 2015 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
I expect good things
Jun 21, 2015 7:31 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
NicoNico debuted the first, second, and third episode on its channel.

This looked good imo in terms of artwork and visuals along with the music.

Action is decent most on parts imo. Interesting start and it establishes some of the war-like atmosphere going on. Ibuki already experiences a loss...of someone close. Damn, I wonder how many others will perish? The theme song played in the second half is pretty good on most parts. Yeah, no censorship on this either.

This makes me even more hyped for this series.....Man I can't wait to watch this
Jun 22, 2015 12:55 AM
Feb 2015
I'm getting an allegory on war feeling happening around with the sacrificial character being characterized as "purity" beforehand (lo and behold, a run down church with a cross leaning towards to side) and with Kai being the representation of kids who have lost loved ones in war (both far away and close and personal). Then there's the orphans, the invasion, the everything going on, my sense of narrative is being drowned out for an allegorical study.

Man, for what the choppy and laggy stream (and what low quality the rips) gave, animation is solid average while sound is above average and well.
Jul 2, 2015 9:00 AM

Dec 2011
I kinda disliked the soundtrack even though its feel promising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2015 9:03 AM

May 2014
I uhh.. like the Catgirl.

That'll have to get me through the next few episodes. The rest is a little plain.
Jul 2, 2015 9:38 AM
Jul 2015
xJapaliicious said:
I kinda disliked the soundtrack even though its feel promising.

You are listen to Hitoshi Sakimoto style which is chaotic and has off beat melody along with the alien way of using instrument. His soundtrack alway take time to get used to it . =))
Jul 2, 2015 10:18 AM

Jul 2007
I found the soundtrack great and unique(especially the track that plays when dragon first appears). The directional camera at the start was great too.
Jul 2, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2008
a very BAD Rip off of Soukou Akki Muramasa
Jul 2, 2015 11:46 AM

May 2013
That ending screen is kinda disturbing, i sure hope it doesn't mean ALL of those will be sacrificed, meh doubt it, this doesn't look as another game of shits anime version *cough* akame ga kill *cough*
Jul 2, 2015 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
this looks like something that will start off strong and turn to shit halfway thru
Jul 2, 2015 12:36 PM

Nov 2014
...the ending screen gives me a vibe of Akame ga Kill. The art style is like japaneese rpg's is refreshing.
Jul 2, 2015 1:11 PM

Apr 2015
Sourire said:
this looks like something that will start off strong and turn to shit halfway thru

I kinda wouldn't call this EP.01 "strong start".
More like strong hype before airing, revealed to be jaw-dropping crap.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 2, 2015 1:24 PM
Jan 2015
Mmhz, don't know what to think yet. First episode was certainly interesting, but I haven't got a clue where it's going.
Jul 2, 2015 2:28 PM

Feb 2011
wish i spoke moon so i could watch this
Jul 2, 2015 2:29 PM

Jan 2008
So basically, the contract states that you can kill one of your allies to get the red dragon to perform one instant kill attack. Problem is the dragon can kind of do it himself... with YOUR body. DAMN!!!
Jul 2, 2015 8:22 PM

Apr 2014
holy shit this looks good it makes ufotable look like 8bit studio
Jul 2, 2015 8:34 PM
Jun 2010
Cheap drama
Jul 2, 2015 8:39 PM

Apr 2014
Well, it was decent. Tbh, i don't know where this is going, things moved pretty fast is just 20min. So Ibuki wants to become king because some guy killed her friend? hmmm...

there's no censorship, that's always good and uhh...yeah, the catgirl.
Jul 3, 2015 2:27 AM

May 2013
rateat said:
Well, it was decent. Tbh, i don't know where this is going, things moved pretty fast is just 20min. So Ibuki wants to become king because some guy killed her friend? hmmm...

there's no censorship, that's always good and uhh...yeah, the catgirl.

''Ibuki.......her?'' uhhhhh you do realise its a boy right? or did u see any boobs when the magatama got stabbed on his chest? Episode 2 he is topless too, so, not a trap.
Jul 3, 2015 9:34 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SanjiCC said:
That ending screen is kinda disturbing, i sure hope it doesn't mean ALL of those will be sacrificed, meh doubt it, this doesn't look as another game of shits anime version *cough* akame ga kill *cough*
Comments like this piss me off....Why is it that if characters die in a series it's automatically similar to AgK -_-
Jul 3, 2015 10:33 AM

May 2013
Tokoya said:
SanjiCC said:
Comments like this piss me off....Why is it that if characters die in a series it's automatically similar to AgK -_-

Nobody asked if it pisses you off, and i was being sarcastic.
Jul 3, 2015 4:16 PM

Jan 2014
SanjiCC said:
Tokoya said:

Nobody asked if it pisses you off, and i was being sarcastic.

Gives everything a 10, gives Akame ga Kill a 3. Obvious troll is obvious, and therefor your opinion means nothing.

On topic:
I wonder who's licensing this, it aired yesterday and there's still no official sub up. Looks good from the little bit of raw i saw though.
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Jul 3, 2015 5:50 PM

Jan 2015
Does anyone have an idea when it'll get subbed?
Because I don't

Credits to MAND4Drawings
Jul 3, 2015 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
wtf is wrong with subs this season? all late.
Jul 3, 2015 6:34 PM

Nov 2012
This seems like it's going to be a trainwreck,I just hope it becomes an entertaining one if so.
Jul 3, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
Meh. Nice art and music. Bad story.

It's so random and confusing. And cheap drama at the end.
Jul 3, 2015 9:32 PM
Oct 2010
Did they legit steal ufotable's artstyle for this?
Jul 4, 2015 2:32 AM

Sep 2014
skudoops said:

Don't you think "steal" is the wrong word?

I haven't watched it because the subs aren't out yet, but I'll just say Nasu is behind this. Since he wrote F/SN, KnK, and F/Z, i.e. pretty much all of Ufotable's latest works... well, you catch my drift, right?

Frankly, I don't know much about Silver Link. While I haven't watched Fate/Kaleid, I know they're also adapting it. One way or another, these series are connected. So even if there are similarities, I don't think it's surprising.
Jul 4, 2015 3:24 AM

Jul 2007
skudoops said:

Not really.

Silverlink were actually the studio collaborating with UFO on Fate/Zero's animations and working on the touch-up so BIG reason why FZ looked the way it did was because of them.

Not a lot of people realize it but Silverlink has worked on quite a few series that share that similarity. They did work on Zero, some of ufoUBW, Madoka Magica, Durarara, Psycho Pass, Nisemonogatari, SAO2, Kuroko, etc. Since they are not the PRIMARY animation studio in the projects they usually don't get credited or only get credited in the end-credits(if there are end credits)

The art style is different, but the way it is animated is similar because that is how this studio does it. And They have been using same style of animation for quite a while now in their newer higher profile titles(prillya and now this).
AhenshihaelJul 4, 2015 3:35 AM
Jul 4, 2015 5:25 AM

Dec 2012
A very bad beginning imo, the main character is too cliché and the scene with the dragon reminded me Kyubi with Naruto, in worst.
Jul 4, 2015 8:27 AM

May 2015
To be honest I had high expectations for this one but the animation doesn't impress me in the least :(

Let's just hope it gets better....I don't want to go through Owari no Seraph again
Jul 4, 2015 9:25 AM

Feb 2015
The subs still aren't out tho XD

As i expected from the trailers, the animation isn't the best, but after watching Owari no Seraph I bet I can still enjoy this

I feel sorry for the MC with what he had to do his friend :/
Jul 4, 2015 10:30 AM

Jan 2014
CookingPriest said:
skudoops said:

Still, the nice art didn't make up for the under average first episode.

But if the art will be beautiful like this in Rakudai, I can't wait for October.
Just_ChickenJul 4, 2015 10:40 AM
Jul 4, 2015 9:21 PM
Oct 2010
CookingPriest said:
skudoops said:

The art style is different, but the way it is animated is similar because that is how this studio does it. And They have been using same style of animation for quite a while now in their newer higher profile titles(prillya and now this).

Ah ok, but tbh I don't think the artstyle looks different, but the two of you guys have said enough that I understand why it looks similar. The character designs are a different but the style itself is pretty comparable.
Jul 5, 2015 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Uumm, "strong start" ? I don't think so, it's too basic, the story with the dragon and the pact... I don't love the chara-design too and the 3D with the dragon, am I the one who find it unpleasant ?
Jul 5, 2015 6:56 PM

May 2009
Imo the start was OK, a bit slow then fast-paced episode. The story is not really original but almost all the setting of new series are now.

The chara design is ok even though (almost) all men look effeminate and i agree with the part about the dragon.

Anyway, i m waiting for eps 2 to see how the story will progress.

Sakaitsu said:
the scene with the dragon reminded me Kyubi with Naruto, in worst.

xD (Wuuut?! oO)
Jul 5, 2015 7:04 PM

May 2010
The 3dcgi opening scene made me wanna throw up.

cheap and predictable drama with story and plot we have seen too many times. i cant believe how stupid some of the characters acted in certain situations. huge trainwreck potential.

KerozinnJul 5, 2015 7:26 PM
Jul 5, 2015 7:40 PM

Jul 2011
The first episode is meh, hoping it'll get better soon. Despite that, I'm really digging the art style and animation.
Jul 5, 2015 7:41 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
First of all I love the setting of this series primarily because I'm a fan of feudal era/fantasy stuff like this and after hearing about the history of the 3 countries, I'm expecting to get some decent world building out this as well.....I'm most fascinated by these Dragons, I think there's 7 of them? But I only remember there being a Red and Black Dragon (Nasu's character supports this one it seems) so I'm looking forward to finding out more about this

In terms of the characters, we got some good introductions and interactions between them all and I like how Ibuki's friends were pretty much trying to get him to take action whereas due to his past and the 7 year war he wants to take a different approach at things - Nice clash of ideologies there....The Nasu and Urobutcher references were strong in this episode too

Art and Animation was pretty good and I get why some people compared it to Ufotable's because they both look very similar lol which is a good thing....The OST was amazing, and the scene where the OP song played at the end was just pure awesomeness....Nice uncensored action going on there too

I have to say though, I was certain that somebody was going to die, but I thought that it would have been Kai, so I was kinda surprised to see that it was thr girl.....She was really kind and I really liked that about her......I already see people throwing out the word predictable but even though we saw a death coming, (I can't speak for anyone else) but I certainly did not expect to see that the MC would have been the one to kill said person....That was quite the emotional and depressing scene tbh

Overall great first episode and I'm looking forward to seeing the story get fleshed out more as well as getting more screentime for Nasu, Narita and Urobutcher's characters....The atmosphere of this series was really fitting too
TokoyaJul 5, 2015 7:48 PM
Jul 5, 2015 7:53 PM

Jul 2014
It was pretty boring and cliche imo. It felt melodramatic and rushed, too many characters in too little time. Plus I hate the art style (sorry)...

Dropped. Might pick it up again if people say it gets better later on, but probably not.
Jul 5, 2015 8:14 PM
Jul 2015
ChickenFry said:
Meh. Nice art and music. Bad story.

It's so random and confusing. And cheap drama at the end.

Finally, somebody said it. The artwork looked good, maybe a little under detailed for its style, but good. The stream I watched seemed to be laggy. Unsure if that was just me or if that was the video, so animation, despite being somewhat accurate, was choppy for me. But the story was terrible compared to the hype I had for this show. There was little to no context making me confused the whole way through an the story just progressed way to quickly. People dying in this show invokes no reaction because we really don't know any of the characters at all. However, it's unlikely that this show will get worse, as these shows often do, because I'm sure the story will be explained along the way, giving us context. Ep 1 was a 2 out of 5 for me but could possibly make a 4 if the rest of the show improves. You can watch ep1 subbed on kissanime by the way.
Jul 5, 2015 8:23 PM

Jan 2011
An okay episode. Wasn't that great. Pretty much cliche all the way through and the death didn't really hit me either. Not a fan of the art either.

And seems like the opening sequence had a really low fps, idk if it was just an airing glitch but that dropped my expectations immediately.

And that ending...probably means Urobutcher is seriously going on the butchering route of all his characters....hopefully he'll pull sth else off
Jul 5, 2015 8:24 PM

Nov 2009
This show raised many of my red flags for first episodes, in series that have turned out bad.

I won't go into specifics of those flags, but I'm certain this show will be crap.

That was a horrible first episode.
Houseki No Kuni, aka The Land of the Lustrous. Best of 2017.
Jul 5, 2015 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
Eh, I'm not feeling this just yet. I saw Mashiro's death coming a mile away, but was hoping the show might surprise me and spare her, but no. I'll give it a bit longer to pick up though...
Jul 5, 2015 8:37 PM

Apr 2014
Confused by the amount of hate but honestly im not going to read much of what people have to say here lol.

Might have spoiled a few elements here and there but i really cant talk about it without discussing what went on

Now on to my thoughts. Not the strongest episode of the season but it was still a good episode. We have some good back story on whats going on without giving an info dump. Im glad to see the MC is human, meaning that he is aware of the situation yet he still wants to maintain some sort of peace. The scenes leading up to the fight were nicely done as well. Everything seemed to have fallen in place for that exact scene to happen. From the moment Fugaku arrived and gave him the sword i knew something big was going to happen. The dragon was actually not that bad i thought the cg would kill the entire mood but they seem to have it blend in fine. Really wasn't expecting that much gore and what happened in the end, shocked me. I like a show that is willing to have the balls to kill off characters.

Now for the art and animation. Personally i love almost everything silver link has produced it has been top notch. Surprisingly ppl are saying this has ufo elements for this but i havent heard ppl say that with fate/khalid which probably has a much higher budget and better art and animation. Either way im not going to compare since im watching this as a stand alone. This anime alone has good art and animation but I guess the character design could get some getting used to. That fight in the end with the MC was fucking lit. And that ost was just the topping on the cake.

The pacing seemed fine for me. Seeing a lot of different anime has made me accustomed to most styles of pacing. So too fast or too slow doesnt really affect me much anymore. However this pacing seemed to be on the fast side but nothing felt forced. Most of the events seem to flow in and out each other naturally.

While it does have the nice production value and staff of Sliver Link it really didnt feel like a Silver Link series based on the writing or style. Well that can be attributed to the director not being Shin Oonuma. Actually this director was the one that did Imawa no Kuni no Alice. Anyways the first episode as i said wasnt the strongest start but I feel like its the type of anime that takes a couple episodes to really build up. Im not disappointed but i expected something more. Still a solid 7/10 start i enjoyed it. The ending is just begging for more episodes because so many questions arises.
moodieJul 5, 2015 8:53 PM
Jul 5, 2015 8:44 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The artstyle and animation are quite decent, but can't say the same for the story, unfortunately. The Kouran side and Nil Kamui were distinguishable, but couldn't really figure if the Donatia side was taking part in this at all. Character templates indicating which side the characters are associated with would've been helpful.

The death scene was ridiculous, tbh. I may be a horrible person, but couldn't help laughing when Ibuki was forced to stab Mashiro and the insert song started playing. Wonder if all the deaths will just be as hilarious.

Disappointing start. Such a shame since I had good expectations for it too. Well, it might still be enjoyable though.

Jul 5, 2015 8:58 PM

Jun 2008
Well that wasn't as good as I expected it to be.
And what's up with the weird fashion?!

I'll keep watching though, hoping for it to get better.
Jul 5, 2015 9:20 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Moodie said:
Confused by the amount of hate but honestly im not going to read much of what people have to say here lol.
You and me both :|

I think that most of the hate is because said people couldn't follow what was going on mixed with another personal pet peeve of mine i.e. something that is cliche = bad
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2015

108 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Mar 5, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

187 by OweynLupton »»
Jan 8, 2021 7:24 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2015

39 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 4:44 PM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2015

58 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 11:23 AM

Poll: » Chaos Dragon: Sekiryuu Seneki Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2015

40 by EvianBubble »»
Apr 12, 2017 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.