Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 26, 2015 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the love rivalry is real. Better control those girls Mononobe. Tbh, I think Lisa's emotions might of got a bit more tense than I had thought. That almost turned into a fight there....

Not sure how I feel about the glasses girl. But with all the buildup, I'd expect them to strengthen their resolves. Lol, actually now that I think about it, this girl kinda looks like Homura with her braids.

Calm down Lisa
Feb 27, 2015 7:35 AM

Mar 2014
I like this episode better than the previous episodes, because childish behavior by the certain two characters were suppressed in the story description of this episode. Even though background stories of every character are enough serious and heavy, I couldn't take them seriously due to it (I know all characters are not adults though). So, I wish this direction would keep to the end.

P.S. Belatedly, I noticed that voice actresses of this anime are famous names.
Feb 27, 2015 8:03 AM
Dec 2013
Can someone post the ending card? That was very pretty~

And that Liza must turn down the Tsun to have more Dere c:
"If i were to be the protagonist of a story, it would be a tragedy"
Feb 27, 2015 8:49 AM

Aug 2014
dmrch said:
I like this episode better than the previous episodes, because childish behavior by the certain two characters were suppressed in the story description of this episode. Even though background stories of every character are enough serious and heavy, I couldn't take them seriously due to it (I know all characters are not adults though). So, I wish this direction would keep to the end.

P.S. Belatedly, I noticed that voice actresses of this anime are famous names.

Theres no age in anime. Just flesh.

If they're acting like annoying idiots, then they are just annoying idiots.
Feb 27, 2015 12:59 PM

Jan 2012
Of course it's Honoka who joins them, she who I still think is related to Kili. Felt bad for Mitsuki, asking Lisa for forgiveness musta been tough. Not surprising that she viewed it as unattainable really. Yuu kinda felt shoehorned into it this week, but I guess it was nice he was there for his sister. Well it worked out in the end I guess.
Feb 27, 2015 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
I felt bad for Mitsuki.

Nice to see about the past of Mitsuki.
Feb 27, 2015 4:59 PM

Jun 2014
You know, its really hard to tell an emotional story in less than an episode... Its really hard to care about ANY of these characters.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Feb 27, 2015 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode, im enjoying this alot more than i thought i was going to! :)
Feb 27, 2015 8:26 PM

Nov 2013
Finally they address that incident two years ago. Looks like the new girl who likes reading is gonna get some focus in next episode, which means the next battle is getting postponed.
Feb 28, 2015 12:35 AM

Mar 2013
Well, I can say this: I'm really looking forward to all kinds of "research" conducted by Fyril from now on :)
Feb 28, 2015 1:09 AM

May 2010
Super effective on my feelings!

Opening sequence into appropriate OP theme was well done! Like with the whole dream thing and then she wakes up and you see her reaching out to the ceiling with tears coming down one side of her face :'(

And then the sunset scene on the beach was so cute how Mononobe was like "I wanna know more about you" and Iris was like "I think I want you to know me" and they're both blushing and looking at the ground <3

Mitsuki and Miyako love was real! Why she go and leave Mitsuki :(
Forced to kill her precious person >A<
Mitsuki's ryuumon lit up when she shot the arrow to kill Miyako-kraken? But why?

Don't know how Lisa fits in between the two, didn't really show that.
Feb 28, 2015 1:23 AM

Oct 2014
The Romance is getting Bigger bro

And just what am i Doing? I almost Cried when they Talked about Miyako and Mitsuki
aerithclodeFeb 28, 2015 1:41 AM
Feb 28, 2015 7:16 AM

Apr 2011
Yuu is such a natural playa. hitting on girls without realizing it. XD

Decent episode. We finally get a glimpse from the past, but it didn't hit me emotionally. I find it dumb how Miyaki willingly just let her submit to that and turn into a kraken. And Miyuki should have stopped her by grabbing her hand. Oh well...

Firill getting some screentime was nice. Always wanted to know about her, but I am more interested in Lisa x Yuu moments.
Feb 28, 2015 7:45 AM

Jul 2010
Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't tell me that Mitsuki and Miyako were in a yuri relationship.
yeo
Feb 28, 2015 9:24 AM

Aug 2010
Fyril Crest Best grill <3 Nuff said!
Feb 28, 2015 9:31 AM

May 2013
Firill has her own way of being curious of Yuu. I guess that was kinda cute? So that's what happened between Mitsuki and Miyako. It looked like it wasn't a big deal at all though. They should have focused more on Firill imo.
Feb 28, 2015 9:48 AM

May 2012
I'm still curious of mitsuki and yuu relationship, although it does looks like that they are probably not real siblings and it seems the memories that are taken from yuu are the most precious one to him. If this keep on going, he might losing the memories of himself and go berserk...

P/s more Fyril and the principal pleaseeeee
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Feb 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
Does anyone else think that Miyako looks a lot like Yuu? Perhaps that's why Mitsuki got so attached to him in the first place, eh?

Fyrill's thumbs up in the middle of the Tear and Iris fight was smile inducing.

And just like Mitsuki, I have no idea why Miyako would want to turn into a D in the first place, I mean... unless there's some info we haven't gotten yet (like, say, when the girl turns into a D, the powers of the original gets split into two, and hence two weaker Ds i.e. easier targets), there should be no reason why any girl would want to change herself voluntarily into a Dragon.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 28, 2015 2:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Here is my take. When they first confronted the kraken and figured out it used anti-matter, they didn't think they could fight it (Lisa said 'no defense would work' and someone said "then what do we do?"). When Miyako heard it calling to her, she somehow immediately realized what she would gain by becoming one, and that she could *give* Mitsuki the ability to fight the kraken. After she became a kraken, Miyako continued to talk to Mitsuki and told her she would help. Essentially, my take is Miyako sacrificed herself to give Mitsuki the power to defeat the first kraken. And the, of course, since she was loosing control of her self, she had to urge Mitsuki to kill her as well.
(note the other girls seemed surprised when Mitsuki used anti-matter as well - the implication being that she could not do that before).
CratexFeb 28, 2015 2:44 PM
Feb 28, 2015 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
I liked the first part.
The second would have more impact if it had more time to be developed.
Mar 1, 2015 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
Well hopefully after this episode Mitsuki will be a lot less annoying.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks she had to kill her best friend...but she played that card way too much. Everytime she tried to butt into something that didn't involve her or was more than she could handle, she'd just be like "let me do it, I have blood on my hands already....blah blah blah".

The reason that card doesn't mean jack shit, is because the entire time she killed ONE person/dragon, Yuu was already a fucking professional assassin for NIFL. I'm sure he has the blood of countless people on his hands already and gives zero fucks.
Mar 2, 2015 12:18 AM

Aug 2013
I like the OST, but I feel like it's a bit wasted on anime with such a weak plot. I enjoy the anime enough to watch it all the way though.

I think part of it is just that the epic feeling of the OST doesn't really match what's actually happening in the anime. I really liked in episode 3 the piano OST played for babel gun though. I really want the full version of that song.
Mar 2, 2015 4:04 AM
Jul 2014
Cratex said:
Here is my take. When they first confronted the kraken and figured out it used anti-matter, they didn't think they could fight it (Lisa said 'no defense would work' and someone said "then what do we do?"). When Miyako heard it calling to her, she somehow immediately realized what she would gain by becoming one, and that she could *give* Mitsuki the ability to fight the kraken. After she became a kraken, Miyako continued to talk to Mitsuki and told her she would help. Essentially, my take is Miyako sacrificed herself to give Mitsuki the power to defeat the first kraken. And the, of course, since she was loosing control of her self, she had to urge Mitsuki to kill her as well.
(note the other girls seemed surprised when Mitsuki used anti-matter as well - the implication being that she could not do that before).

This basically sums up how I saw things as well. Pretty sure it's what they were going for.

It's kind of similar to how Yuu picked up the anti-gravity power of the dragon he defeated earlier, and was able to use that to help defeat the next dragon.
Mar 2, 2015 5:24 AM

Apr 2011
Haha. I realize that Lisa froze when Yuu called her pretty.

Lisa and Mitsuki are my best girls.
Mar 2, 2015 6:06 AM

Jan 2008
Mirality said:
Cratex said:

This basically sums up how I saw things as well. Pretty sure it's what they were going for.

It's kind of similar to how Yuu picked up the anti-gravity power of the dragon he defeated earlier, and was able to use that to help defeat the next dragon.

That may be true but the whole resenment thing is dumb as fuck.
Mar 2, 2015 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
The wincest in this anime needs to be stronger....... at least until they 100% pull the "ohhh, we're not really related" card.
Mar 2, 2015 4:23 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Werchiel said:
That may be true but the whole resenment thing is dumb as fuck.
I don't necessarily disagree with you there, but that's got nothing to do with what Mirality and I were talking about.
Mar 3, 2015 3:26 AM

Dec 2012
No action in this episode, but the past of Mitsuki is nice.
She is so cute (*-*)
Mar 3, 2015 6:12 AM

May 2013
Fyril is so interesting. Glad she can help Mononobe fix his harem.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Mar 3, 2015 8:21 AM

Oct 2011
MIYAKO T___T
Mar 3, 2015 11:40 AM

Apr 2010
Another guy who doesn't realise when he is sweet talking to a girl.
Really the flaws in harem MC's need to be fixed sometime maybe the genre would improve that way.

On the other hand Lisa doesn't seem to understand the main.
Mar 3, 2015 10:01 PM

May 2014
Not a bad back story, there.
Mar 4, 2015 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
Miyako = Jack Sparrow

miJack-o Sparrow
Mar 5, 2015 1:28 AM

Oct 2008
Some flashbacks of Mitsuki of why she feels guilt of herself.

May 19, 2015 3:10 PM

May 2012
Melodramatic shit if you ask me.
Feb 20, 2016 8:26 AM

May 2014
Harem fixer alert
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 29, 2016 1:00 AM

Dec 2012
Oh yeah! Yuu wants to get to know Iris more and she wants it, too. If you let me touch your supposed full belly, the results would be different.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 7, 2018 4:01 AM
Mar 2017
Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't tell me that Mitsuki and Miyako were in a yuri relationship.

It is normal for children to sleep together, when I was a child I slept with my cousin of my same age. (not bad think)

Well, although it's not normal for her to say "I love you" XD
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Sep 10, 2018 2:52 AM

Sep 2014
An emotional episode with this one
Jan 4, 4:55 AM
Oct 2023
This episode was your typical run of the mill average episode. I expected some amount of action for the second consecutive episode and got none. Instead I got a pointless chickfight and backstory. The flirting wasn't a bad touch, but it wasn't some perfect addition either. The sister took Step Two towards incest. There were things here and there they got right, but it seems like the bigger, more important things this episode they screwed up. Through eight episodes, my rating is an even 7/10. Very acceptable for the 2/3 point. Can it maintain an acceptable rating over the final four episodes? To be continued...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2015

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 5, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

32 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 5, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2015

33 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 5:45 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2015

35 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Juuou Mujin no Fafnir Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2015

39 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 4, 4:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.