Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 15, 2013 5:45 PM
Dec 2013
SkubiXTX said:
After watching episode I asked myself, "so now I have to like Accelerator" I said after a while, "definitely not", that he saved two people, does not make him a good person it is not enough after what he did.

Actually it wasnt just Last order and Yoshikawa that he saved. By erasing the virus code in Last order's brain before it spread he saved all of the remaining Misaka sisters from being infected by it which they would have went beserk and then died. Plus he saved the thousands of civilains that would have been killed by the infected clones. So in reality he too a bullet in the head to save 9,971+ thousands more. Plus he feels genuine remorse for what he has done to the Misakas. What else more could you asks of him?
Dec 15, 2013 10:35 PM

Aug 2009
Yori-the-Yandere said:
SkubiXTX said:
After watching episode I asked myself, "so now I have to like Accelerator" I said after a while, "definitely not", that he saved two people, does not make him a good person it is not enough after what he did.

Actually it wasnt just Last order and Yoshikawa that he saved. By erasing the virus code in Last order's brain before it spread he saved all of the remaining Misaka sisters from being infected by it which they would have went beserk and then died. Plus he saved the thousands of civilains that would have been killed by the infected clones. So in reality he too a bullet in the head to save 9,971+ thousands more. Plus he feels genuine remorse for what he has done to the Misakas. What else more could you asks of him?
We dont even need to count the rest of the arcs where he saves some
Dec 20, 2013 1:53 AM

Jan 2013
What a sad episode... so important things lost for Accelerator..

But then again it's a happy episode and well made because in the end you can't save someone without loosing something else. In Touma's case he lost his memories.

Nice ED.
Mar 22, 2014 3:05 PM

Nov 2012
Loved this short arc. It was quite enjoyable in addition to the absence of Index.
Apr 8, 2014 10:29 PM

Jul 2013
Not a bad episode, but the events were sorta off for me. Way too convenient. Even with these little questionable parts the execution was good so I still enjoyed it.
Jul 26, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwn, Accelerator can be such a sweet guy when he doesn't make those creepy face... :3

That other guy was such a dumbass, going on a rampage for no reason. Wanted him to have a more painful death.

Loli MISAKA was saved! Casually putted in a car, sleeping... Nothing wrong here...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 16, 2014 4:18 PM

Dec 2013
The doctor is the boss.
Aug 30, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2014
Interesting espisode. The character development on Accelerator and the researcher was awesome. The omission of detail in some of the scenes was meh, but still I really liked it. Wish I got to see Accelerator carrying her to the hospital, that would've been epic.
May 11, 2015 7:22 PM

Aug 2013
It's great that Accelerator is becoming a hero and trying to redeem himself
Jun 15, 2015 8:30 AM
Mar 2015
If Accelerator got his brain damaged with the shot to the point where he loses hist ability to speak, why was he able to speak right after he got shot? Has anyone an explanation for this?
Sep 1, 2015 1:44 AM

Jul 2014
Accelerator >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> bland MC named Touma
Oct 22, 2015 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
This arc was the most interesting so far, with the first sisters arc coming in second.

Accelerator is beautiful.
Nov 28, 2015 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
Speed up Patching .
Last code command .
Innocent one .
Canceller linking .
Kind being ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 28, 2015 5:13 PM

Nov 2014
Well it seems that some people here thinks that a bad guy should remain as a bad guy and can never redeem himself. So i suppose you believe that those people who got out of jail would still be bad and evil?? Thats rather hypocratical of u dontcha think?
ssjokg said:
SkubiXTX said:
Yeah "two people".Even if it was like this, that is enough.

He saved more than two people. If the virus had gotten out, the sisters will go berserk and start attacking all human beings. So Accelerator had saved everyone in the city, in other words.

By the way, why didnt the author announce accelerator's true gender yet? Unless he's actually a she and the author want to keep that as a twist later on. And does Touma losing his memory have any significance? It seemed that it did nothing to affect the plot much. Unless it would be important for later events??

Last question, are the two boys in the beginning accelerator and touma??????? They knew each other as children????
Dec 3, 2015 3:01 PM
Feb 2015
This episode was fucking awesome, +1000 points to Accelerator

Also the feels at the end, 10/10 would feel again
Jan 1, 2016 6:11 AM

Mar 2015
KaMisa...Misa..kaka...Mikakasasa...Misamisa...LOL. This is what they call a serious humor (refer to Bakuman). The situation was serious but Last Order rapping made it more funnier, LOL.

The more funnier is Aoi when he screamed like a coward girl, haha.
Feb 20, 2016 5:16 PM

Mar 2015
Well... I still don't really like Accelerator for killing Misaka 10031, but oh well. He got Last Order to take care of. Is this a ship I smell?

Mar 14, 2016 9:26 AM

Dec 2015
Loving Accelerator so far, can't wait to see his further development and relationship with little Misa. I've got the feeling that Accelerator is one of those characters who I'm going to love... Idk.. :D
Really enjoyed these last episodes, very interesting. Got some brand new information and a little insight to Accelerator's life after getting beaten. Loved him when he was crazy, loving him even more now as an anti-hero.
The end of this episode was so sweet. Accelerator saved Misa-Misa and the scientist lady! (sorry I don't remember the name) It was really sweet, didn't expect that. And I'm thrilled that Accelerator actually lives through this.
''One is enough, find someone completely unique'' -Yato
''You can't feel lonely if there's no one else around'' -Yamaken
''Because it's broken, it will never recover'' -Nanami
May 4, 2016 5:50 PM
Apr 2015
screambloodygore said:
I didn't like this episode. Every scene on this one were damn predictable.

Every story arc ends in the same way on this show. To save the world, someone has to be sacrificed but a good guy finds a way to save the world without sacrificing her. Instead, the good guy seems to be dead but he wakes up in the hospital, cured by Dr. Frog.

So? Every story is predictable. Might as well stop reading anything if that's the complain.
Jul 31, 2016 7:19 PM

Feb 2012
Yet another arc horribly riddled with gaps in story & character introduction.

With pathetically little relationship-building between Last Order & Accelerator, and almost zero insight into Accelerator's own thoughts; we are led to believe the egomaniac psycho from a few episodes back is that dedicated to saving the life of some clone he met the day before?

There's absolutely no clue why the terroristic male scientist wants his virus to succeed, before or after his death, which just makes him look like a disposable villain with no real incentives.

We have no information on previous interchanges between the lady scientist and the male scientist either. So we can only stare blankly when she goes on about naivete & kindness for half a minute (it's like we're supposed to be moved by the unachieved dreams of some woman who got introduced one episode ago and had around 6 minutes of screentime).

The sci-fi is also off the handle again. Accelerator's actually acting like a USB stick, storing information he somehow retrieved from the PDA he just broke (for whatever reason); whereas his sole power, at least as far as we know, is control over movement. And the bit where he unconsciously controls blood flow while he doesn't even know what occured after he collapsed, let alone the coordinates of the scientist's wound...It's just, it would be much more acceptable if everyone in the anime were magic users. Because half of the explanations the anime gives for these powers goes too deep into bullshit territory.
SombrefloeJul 31, 2016 7:23 PM
Aug 25, 2016 2:03 AM

Dec 2013
Accerlerator is actually a pretty cool dude.

That frog doctor is a true miracle worker.
Dec 4, 2016 11:44 AM

Jun 2013
I kind of liked this one. It ditched most of the fluff that makes this show identifiable, if not unique (the main characters, the moe scenes etc.), so at least I was able to take it somewhat seriously. I may have liked the direction more than the story. Except for the flashback, which didn't reveal anything new about Accelerator.

screambloodygore said:
Every story arc ends in the same way on this show. To save the world, someone has to be sacrificed but a good guy finds a way to save the world without sacrificing her. Instead, the good guy seems to be dead but he wakes up in the hospital, cured by Dr. Frog.

I agree. This series is pretty formulaic, and I guess there are some of us who find this formula boring.

Ston3_FreeN7 said:
Seriously, this shows unwillingness to kill characters off is ridiculous of the proportions of Mai Hime.

This bothers me too, but I think it's justified by the how advanced medical care is in this city. It does promote lazy writing, though, I agree on that.
Mar 23, 2017 11:17 PM

Aug 2013
Accelerator turning over a new leaf huh..
Frog kero sensei saves the day again. Lol who is that guy.
Apr 11, 2017 7:04 AM

Sep 2014
Im kinda still upset that every synopsis says he reflects everything naturally, but here it clearly shows that he needs to focus and calculate the vector.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 30, 2017 4:27 AM

Nov 2016
Start to like Accelerator after this.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2017 10:35 AM

Apr 2013
That frog guy must be god in disguise, he's just saving people who are pretty much dead already left and right lol
Apr 21, 2018 12:14 PM

Sep 2017
Wow. Just Wow. Accelerator has become the coolest character of all time. Definitely. He using that restore was just awesome.

That researcher was Kikuyo. Didn't expect that coming.

I hope we have more of Last Order and Accelerator. Seriously, Accelerator is a very good guy. He was just messed up due to his child hood circumstances. I mean, without any parents, while everyone targeting him? It was good that Last Order found him and connected with him. I hope he is restored to his former glory.

ttcchen said:

Last question, are the two boys in the beginning accelerator and touma??????? They knew each other as children????

No, the other boy ain't Touma. Cause for one, Touma's right hand was from birth, and since the bully hit Accelerator with his right hand, there would have been no way that Accelerator would have been able to stop him. Interesting Shout Out though, cause the boy looked very much like Touma.

Also, Accelerator is obviously male. He looks to be female because he restricted some of his hormones like when he blocked out UV. There is a side story with this, where if he was actually a girl, Accelerator would fall for Touma. Well, at least that's what Touma imagines(I didn't know Touma liked to swing that way). But no. His voice is definitely male in nature and if you see this video, you can see that bare chested, he has no female attributes.(Cute Last Order scene in spoiler follows)

JeremiahOrangeApr 21, 2018 12:29 PM

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 14, 2018 11:27 PM

Dec 2012
Very heartwarming episode.

Oct 29, 2018 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
well accelator is such a nice guy...respect for him...I like anti hero so much
Nov 27, 2018 6:09 AM

Nov 2011
These accelerator eps have been easily the best eps in the show for me, just showed how not into the rest of the show i was, too bad accelerator is not a main character we get to see too much of.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 25, 2019 12:16 AM

Aug 2017
Accelerator saving Last Order and then getting shot by Amai Ao was sad but, in the end, he survived.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 12, 2019 7:02 AM
Jan 2019
I know that what Acellerator did to the 10,000 Misakas in order to climb to level 6 is unforgivable, but what he did now showed that he had a good heart and that if he committed those crimes it was because he felt obligated. It turned out to be a good guy, except for Misaka 20001 to the point of almost losing his own life. Admirable!. It's a shame that Misaka 20001 does not remember the day he spent with him.
Jan 14, 2020 11:37 PM

Jan 2020
Accelerator is the true hero in this series.

He save last order, the remaining remaining Misaka clones and people in the city.
I find him a lot more interesting than Touma.
Mar 5, 2020 1:40 PM

Aug 2018
Well, and the most OP character award goes to the doc in the end.. ;P
And a new Ending.. For last 5 episodes.. Will see, if I'll grow to like it as much as first one, but if anything, first one is enough already by itself.. ;p
Nov 5, 2020 7:29 AM

Jan 2017
And with that Accelerator became our favourite anti-hero awww... he was just confused since childhood and not exactly "evil".

Liking this new ED too, musically and also the animation
Mar 16, 2022 1:45 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Idk if they rush things or I am missing on stuff but seems like random stuff is happening tons one after another

May 8, 2022 5:27 AM
Oct 2019
Accelerator saving someone???
wow

we got New ED too..
Oct 15, 2022 5:01 AM

Dec 2020
He still killed 10k people. Literally unforgivable. Also way too OP. Bullet in the end didn't kill him. Controlling the wind and now controlling what was it? Like brain electric activity to delete cells?
Feb 18, 2023 1:45 PM
Nov 2021
Que ep tenso. Tanto quanto ele tá tentando curar a garota quanto ele leva um tiro.
Jul 3, 2023 12:55 PM

Jun 2017
very hasty to humanise Accelerator in a predictable direction while scoffing off his previous bounties .He didnt exactly just kill 10k Misakas ,he butchered them.Maybe a fault of the anime rushing things up !!And this anime ,atleast till now has fault of bits and pieces joined together every two or three episodes apart without streamlining a cohesive narrative often contradicting each other.Hope it gets better
bakakisimaJul 3, 2023 1:36 PM
Nov 5, 2023 6:28 AM
May 2020
able to save the misaka yute, light W
Nov 20, 2023 3:06 PM

Nov 2023
Aww, everyone does have good sides, especially Accelerator. He was a villain of the heroine but now, he's the caretaker of the heroine.
Apr 29, 7:16 AM
Jan 2023
Damn, that was quite the episode, and mini Misaka, along with the entire Misaka network was saved, by none other than Accelerator, nearly at the cost of his own life.

This one really did have me on the edge of my seat, I'll be honest.

The new ending was pretty sweet too, overall very good episode, and who knew that Accelerator would be the good guy in this.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Nov 15, 2008

147 by ooospooky »»
Yesterday, 12:01 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

slayer545-sama - Dec 13, 2008

126 by nsmoralesrojas07 »»
May 19, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.