Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2012 8:53 PM

Mar 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like how Goku decimated Cyball. I am looking forward to the Daimao sama fight.

Nov 13, 2013 5:26 AM

May 2012
Pretty sweet episode I wonder what Goku will do next!
Dec 1, 2013 7:43 PM

Jun 2009
And so Piccolo enters the fray. This will be entertaining.
Dec 1, 2013 7:46 PM
Jul 2018
It was quite a sick episode.
Mar 13, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2009
Was surprised that Tambourine was taken out so quick. Goes to show how high a level Goku is.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 5, 2015 6:38 AM

Feb 2014
Yes! Goku owned Tambourine! I love how that guy tried to run away from Goku. But Goku doesn't let him escape and kills him with the Kamehameha! That was epic!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Nov 11, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2014
Son Goku is fighting seriously and nearly in rage mode, no chance for Tambourine. Looking forward to Son Goku vs. Piccolo.
Jan 12, 2017 1:08 PM
Mar 2015
Very powerful emotional Goku. I'm excited to see how this turns out.
Apr 11, 2017 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
Comparing the way Goku fought Tambourine to his battle with Tien, it's clear that when he's pissed he'll really fuck a dude up.
Aug 8, 2017 9:30 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
woooooow goku is reaaaaally pissed that was brutal :O

Sep 24, 2017 2:50 PM

Jun 2016
Why is Pilaf the only one to create a box that dragon radars cannot detect through? Earlier in the series, right before the Baba arc, Bulma remarked that something must of eaten it, implying that she understands what kinds of walls block out the signal. It would make them much more successful if they pursued this idea. I guess it can be pitched up to no one thinking of it, but it feels somewhat lazy, like it was just an excuse for the Baba arc.

That scene where the crows were attacking Roshi's shiny head and Chaozu threw his hat to him so his head wouldn't shine anymore was hilarious. One of the funnier scenes yet.

And I really didn't expect Tambourine to go down like that, earlier I speculated that he may be the strongest character in the show so far, but from that encounter I'm assuming Roshi and Ten could of handled him as well.
Oct 26, 2017 6:48 AM

Jul 2008
Wow, I guess Goku really just needed some meat!
Mar 5, 2020 11:41 AM
Jan 2020
finally we get to see the true power of piccolo
Jun 2, 2020 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
Tambourine got utterly decimated. Not a single hair or hide remained of him. I was a bit surprised. I thought, at first, that Tambourine would at least prove to be some sort of challenge to Goku. But as soon as Tambourine started getting bodied right from the get-go, my initial idea got flushed straight down the toilet. It felt satisfying to witness the ever so overzealously arrogant Tambourine trying to run away, only to get fully wiped out.

I like Yajirobe's character. So far, he acts pretty similar to Goku, with few various differences. They both eat a lot, they both are naive about the natural world of things, and they're both quite strong for children who lived far off from civilization. I adore it how the only thing motivating Yajirobe is the idea of alien food. Damn, that's pretty savage. I am curious as to how King Piccolo would take it if he found out that Yajirobe ate one of his sons. That would be interesting.

Now that King Piccolo is descending to Goku's location, I wonder if Goku has enough strength to defeat King Piccolo. According to Master Roshi, King Piccolo transcends him, Tien, and Chiaotzu combined in everything. But that was before he got trapped in a rice cooker (lol). Now, he is quite weakened, he looks on the verge of collapsing, even. But if there is a small chance that Master Roshi may be referring to his current then ouch, Goku is in pretty deep trouble, if that's the case.
removed-userJun 2, 2020 9:20 AM
Sep 15, 2020 1:49 PM
May 2019
Goku beat the crap out of Tambourine! That was so satisfying to witness. I fear for Goku, however, with Piccolo nearby. This could turn out to be a total disaster on his part if he isn't careful enough.
Jan 18, 2021 12:15 PM

Oct 2020
Did Tambourine just disappointed me or I underestimated Goku? However Both are good, haha!!!

The monster was scared to see Goku. It was flying like it saw the king demons. I wonder how much strong Goku is? That monster took less time than Krillian to be defeated. Probably Krillian was too scared or maybe he was too unlucky to die in hands of this monster. If Goku continues learning, at Yamchas age he would be the strongest person in the universe.

Okay so Piccolo is here. What I saw now I would say if his body survives that will be enough.

Yajirobe at least will try to be good with Goku so that he doesn't end up like Tambourine, haha!!! He must be wondering what he was trying to do at the first place when he tried to punish Goku. I say he was lucky as much as Yamcha, haha, just kidding!!!

I wonder if Piccolo ends up in Yajirobe's stomach. That would be a Journey from fancy rice cooker to Yajirobe's belly by Pilaf airlines. Happy journey (XD)

Maddy_ReDarkJan 18, 2021 12:21 PM
Aug 7, 2022 3:23 PM

May 2019
What a great episode! It definitely felt satisfying watching Goku decimate and kill Tambourine! I did think that Tambourine would've put up more of a fight though. Really curious how the confrontation with Piccolo will play out now, considering Piccolo is weaker and older, and both Goku and Yajirobe are very strong.
Jan 13, 2023 11:01 PM

Dec 2021
1. I really like the filler they keep adding
2. Next episode is gonna make me bust
Mar 8, 3:26 PM

Jun 2020
Goku beating the shit out of Tambourine was so deserved and I loved watching it. Goes to show how much of a difference there is between hungry Goku and fed Goku lol. Didn’t expect him to die so soon but it seems like the arc is picking up the pace with Piccolo himself landing on the ground! The tension building at the end with the radar blinking was masterful. I’m scared for how this encounter is going to go.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 46 Discussion

Mashui - Dec 26, 2009

24 by oozePOP »»
Jun 9, 1:21 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 27 Discussion

Scribbly - Dec 29, 2008

32 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Jun 1, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 25 Discussion

vizhmaster_vizhu - Sep 30, 2010

32 by Fortress_Maximus »»
May 31, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

58 by Netbug »»
May 30, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lPix - Dec 31, 2009

60 by Netbug »»
May 29, 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.