Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Dec 26, 2015 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
I wasn't too surprised when Inaba passed out at the end because she seems like the type to hide everything, even if it's really painful for her.

RIP Taichi and his manhood. That feel is all too strong and he truly did unleash a deadly weapon. Brrrr...

It was admirable that Taichi showed Kiriyama the "trick," though and I loved that. The drama is pretty good and consistent at the moment with plenty of substance.

Very compelling anime. Truly captivating thus far.
Feb 15, 2016 3:15 PM
Feb 2015
*Oh shit I'm pretty sure she was raped during her childhood*

"I was ALMOST raped"

*So close man I'm happy it didn't happen*
Jun 10, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2015
>When you kick her in the balls just to prove a point
Jun 15, 2016 4:09 AM

Jul 2013
What a akward mood change this episode was and this art style just isn't cut out for serious stuff.

Ston3_FreeN7 said:
I'm hoping they aren't going to just sweep it under the carpet like that. I'm pretty sure it's something one doesn't just "Get over" just like that. It just felt kind of cheap to me. I hope the series proves me wrong.

And this.
KuruwinJun 15, 2016 4:19 AM
Jul 5, 2016 4:10 PM
Jun 2016
I'm completely on board at this point. The first two episodes were kinda odd, but if it's all a set up for a story about a group of friends helping each other face their inner demons seriously and comedically, I am so down!
Dec 13, 2016 8:32 PM

Dec 2013
That kicked really did look painful. I actually like her a little more after this episode.
Dec 22, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2016
Episode 03 - A jabber and a Low Blow:

"Everyone, except yourself, is an enemy" Inaba, such a cold personality. And taichi, so dense (like many MC) "selfless freak" a way to describe Taichi.

The first episode was dull to me, but now I can fell the character's personalities, so that is good.

The Taichi Aoki scene as Inaba and Yui respectively was superb, something that someone can do IRL.

Aoki seems like an ok Man that care about Yui regardless of circumstances.

This anime really "Connects everyone Kokoro" the Taichi Yui scene, Yui seems strong with the karate thing and all, but yet she was scared and harmless by a man that wanted to rape her, that must be a great impact on her. Taichi is much like the hero image or like Inaba says a "Selfless Freak" Aoki is jealous of Taichi now, and is just like Aoki was saying before.

5/5
Dec 24, 2016 8:56 PM

Jun 2016
the animation should put names above their heads, so that the viewers will not be confused.
Feb 13, 2017 11:02 AM
Jan 2016
To be honest Yui is annoying me so much
I felt that in this episode she was forcing drama so much like she told her story to Taichi and she didn't want him to help her get through this LIKE WHAT ????
Happy that Taichi helped her though
He's very a good character even if he's a fool sometimes
I'm starting to like all the characters in this show except Yui
This cliffhanger at the end I hope that Inaba will be alright
Mar 18, 2017 12:29 PM
Nov 2014
So this is going to be harem and the blonde guy should just go fuck himself now right?
Jun 4, 2017 2:28 AM

Sep 2013
Better episode than the previous 2.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jun 11, 2017 3:13 AM

Jan 2010
i just realised this is the fist time in 7 years i get to watch an anime that has the name ''kokoro'' in it, fun fact, lol

so the blonde girl gets over her androphobia, and we end up with a cliffhanger. so far this is up to my expectations,

another 5/5 :)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Aug 1, 2017 8:53 AM

Jul 2015
That scene with Inaban at the start was intense, Taichi is someone who is fine taking any responsability if that way everyone else doesn't have to. Inaban has no doubts about Iori being the most vulnerable of the five for the body swap effect and she's worried that one of them might end up suffering a lot for that.

Inaban also mentioned that one can only trust in herself, interesting.

Taichi and Aoki recording confessions while in the bodies of Inaba and Yui was so much fun, the reactions when caught were fantastic.

The previous episodes foreshadowed it, but Yui suffers from androphobia due to being attacked by a man in the past. She managed to hide it from everyone except Inaban, but a body switch places Taichi in her body while crying, and that leads to a conversation in the park where Taichi manages to help her overcome her fear... the best, more painful way. Now that Yui knows how it feels for a man to get kicked on the nuts, she sure as hell can defend herself in the future! Wow, that hurt me from the other side of the screen.

With this problem seemingly solved, looks like the body switches can actually help our main characters, but the episode ends with Inaba losing conciousness, what happened to her? Goddamn cliffhangers q_q
Oct 7, 2017 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
he kicked himself in the nuts XD

& the phone prank XD
Sugram22Jan 22, 2018 11:44 AM
Apr 20, 2018 11:26 AM

Jan 2018
Well dang that was some cliffhanger, I'm also curious about that quick conversation we saw between Iori and her mom.

Taichi you could've held back a little when you were kicking yourself in the nuts lol
May 26, 2018 5:50 PM

Feb 2017
I can't stop worrying about Taichi's future, it must be really painful
Nov 30, 2018 6:20 PM

Nov 2016
Fitting episode title.

This show is getting better with each episode and I'm also starting to get invested into the character drama.

And lmao, kicking yourself in the nuts was probably not the smartest move.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 18, 2018 10:40 PM

Oct 2013
>girl confesses about her near-rape experience
>KICK HER IN THE BALLS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

This was a fucking good episode I'll tell ya. The comedy was universally on point and the drama was some real drama, not that teen angst shit that pervades these sorts of shows. The transitions from tense to comedic are smooth, very genuine, even real, in a way distinctively unanime... which is funny considering how highkey anime this anime has been thus far. I'm also somehow already emotionally invested in the relationship between Taichi and Iori.

In other news, I think Aoki just got cucked.
ZadionDec 18, 2018 11:21 PM

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Mar 6, 2019 6:51 AM

Mar 2016
Holy hell, the writing in this is so bad. I mean I've never seen something so forced in my life. But, somehow there's some genuine warmth between Taichi and Yui in this episode, and it was nice to see. But still the script and pacing is absolute garbage.
syncrogazerMar 8, 2019 5:16 PM
Sep 12, 2019 10:25 AM

Mar 2013
So far Inaba its the only one i've seen reacting accordinly to the situation.
The conversation between Yui and Taichi was sweet. He even kicked himself in the balls, lol. Such a goody two-shoes.
May 29, 2020 8:16 AM

Aug 2014
omg Taichi is rly an idiot hitting himself there? Even if they wouldn't change bodies after it still hurt his body
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jul 6, 2020 10:39 PM

Aug 2019
eeeee that first half was really hard to watch, the two male characters are kinda just goof balls to some degree, which is ok but jfc they hella took advantage of the body swap and what they did was kinda... really? Was that really necessary?
Admittedly Taichi is quite slow in the head, but is always surprisingly positive which is good. Plus he was really good at talking it out with Kiriyama about a sensitive topic. That fucking kick though. Yeh i felt that. Really really felt that one.
I'll give this anime 1-2 more episodes before shit hits the fan and things go down hill
Apr 11, 2021 2:29 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Looks like a ship has started sailing. Feeling bad for Aoki. Kiriyama is really getting touchy and beating her phobia at last.
Dec 1, 2021 12:04 AM

Dec 2019
this show is waaaaaay better than I thought it would be
Dec 27, 2021 8:19 PM

Dec 2020
yupp there it is. one backstory (yui) down, her little moment with taichi was nice

aoki is also actually a pretty good guy, quote observant and aware of situations

while i agree with inaba that this heartseed personality swap project will probably hurt them in many ways, i think she was being a bit too harsh on taichi. mans got blamed for shit he can't even control, and that whole "selfless reek" thing Huh??? is this girl just frustrated bc she likes him or ???? bc ??$?$ that was just soooo ... not it
Nov 19, 2022 9:13 PM

Aug 2014
I've got a bit of a bone to pick with this episode.

Firstly, in the conversation between Taichi and Inaba, Inaba says something along the lines of Taichi should get together with Iori to have someone tell her how to set her identity. Iori does NOT need someone to "set her identity". Any relationship set upon that kind of foundation, where your identity is set by another person, is BOUND to fail.

Aside from that, I may not like Inaba, but for Aoki to get on her case about being "manly" is such a disappointment. She doesn't have to present a certain way for anyone except herself.

Aoki using Yui's body to make her say a confession to him was really creepy and weird. Absolutely unacceptable. Taichi going along with it felt very out of character for him as well.

Also, they mention "saving" Yui, or that Taichi would be better with Yui. They're talking about Yui as if she's some sort of prize, not a person.

Finally, trauma doesn't go away that quickly. It feels a bit rushed to say that Yui is more comfortable around men now.

Thinking I might drop this. It's getting more on my bad side than it is my good side.

Jan 19, 2023 7:10 AM

Sep 2017
cliffhanger....

girl issues ig.

mc is maso

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Mar 17, 2023 10:01 PM
Jul 2022
I thought it used the body swapping, the impulses, and all the other shenanigans really well, but one of the things that I liked the most was the way the voice actors were able to convey emotions, and how during the body swapping episodes, they changes their voices slightly to adjust to who was in the body, even if only by a little. And who I thought was best girl (Inaba), won, sooooooo.
Jul 17, 2023 5:30 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Jan 14, 3:17 PM

Jun 2021
poor, poor Yui... aware beforehand of that terrible experience, but at least it didn't fully happened, and now she has even more skills to protect herself (and she was adorable both in the camera confession even if it obviously wasn't actually her and while practising karate after returning into her body following a very time convenient switch back)
Mar 2, 10:01 AM

Jun 2015
I figured something of the sorts happened to Yui.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Apr 25, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

294 by _untitled »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.