Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 8:27 AM

Nov 2011
Even though this was a practice match, the competitive energy could be felt throughout the field.

I think we're slowly seeing the true potential of some of these players. It kept a good momentum and everyone seems eager to prove themselves. Loved the way pitches are thrown in this episode too.
Jun 18, 8:29 AM

Dec 2021
Lmaooo Tarou knows that dude Tatsuki isn't with no "girlfriend". Don't even know why he would try to lie about it. Though anywho, this is easily for some reason the best animated episode since episode one. Episode reminded me that MAPPA's animating this.

But I can see why this battery duo was so feared back in the day, these dudes do NOT play around. But it wasn't for long it seems because uh, looks like Kei is back... for better or for worse.

Jun 18, 9:43 AM

Jun 2019
Ahh... the match has started and it was looking so good for our team until the commander Kei went back to his silly side at the end of the episode. I loved how everyone on his team was trying so hard to keep him in his Commander form till the match ended. LOL

Yama is a good player, recognized by Kei. It was nice to see that. I also love the opponent team's new players that we just met. Gorilla. Gorilla!! The next episode looks like we're gonna have Chihaya's backstory. Can't wait to see that. Also, I want our team to win this time around.
Jun 18, 9:44 AM
Sep 2015
This episode plays out as I expect. Which is not a bad thing. While memory is this anime's selling point, it's knockout punch is actually the moment when this anime focus into a psychological trauma, like when Chihaya facing the wall at the end.

Anyway, I'll try to predict how Kei will progress furthur. There seems to be many possibilities. Option A; His two versions will be fused into one version. Option B; His idiot version will improve to the point that he'll be equally useful in baseball as his wise version, and he might gain the ability to switch personality at his own will. Option C; A combination of obtion A and B which means he'll have 3 modes, an idiot version, a wise version, and a fusion version.
Jun 18, 9:46 AM

Mar 2021
Really loving the match so far, I was hoping that Kei Could keep his memories to at least the end of the game but hopefully he can regain them again soon.
Jun 18, 9:49 AM

Oct 2009
So Makita is Raichi, Shun is a kinky bastard who's an expert with ropes and gags (I'm sorry what xD), and suddenly we have Dateko's Iron Wall. Good, good. Loved all the ball action in this episode, and the not-so-subtle foreshadowing of a Shun-focused episode next week. Which I obviously can't wait. Hell, even the few preview shots of little Shun, the battery duo training, and Shun's run start there were absolute perfection, I need to see more!
yellowheartrenJun 18, 10:17 AM
Jun 18, 9:57 AM
Oct 2020
Ok there goes commander kei and the idiot one is back
Jun 18, 10:54 AM

Jul 2017
The Kotesashi baseball team going to semifinalist Hikawa High for a practice match, and meeting Hironobu Makita the pitcher, Kaname may not know him, but Chihaya does.

As always, Kaname leads the charge, but having a sudden headache is not good. And as for Chihaya, him and Aoi being able to discern the pitcher's throws, its grown intuition, and nothing fazes Kaname. I almost forgot that Yamada has always played the commentary part for the longest while, he's not too involved with the actual baseball playing style, but with some help from Kaname, he can actually do it. And when it comes to the genius battery, none can stop the both of them, the same when they were at Teitoku.

Kei actually can still revert back to his dumdum personality at any time, so the others still have to keep him at close notice until the 9th inning, where Makita steps onboard the pitch to show off his gorilla-style, high-speed pitching...to not bat at all, going back to his dumdum style. That leaves Kiyomine, but he's still not an easy wall to surpass, and wins by the chances of his actual guerrilla power.

What will Chihaya's answer be, knowing that he can't run away from his past?
Jun 18, 1:27 PM

Sep 2018
Kei went full on Umaru-chan mode at the end, haha. Braincells on vacation!
Jun 18, 1:46 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Looks like Kei is back to his silly antics once again, it was fun while it lasted seeing Commander Kei in action. Seems like Chihaya has some history with Hikawa High's Makita who mentions about Chihaya being the scrawny boy with no physical talent The next episode will show us why Chihaya quit baseball in the past.

With two episodes left, can we please get another season?
Jun 18, 11:21 PM

Mar 2007
The game started out interesting then there as a glitch in the Matrix as Kei's brain ended up short circuiting. Argh! We now have to wait for the next episode to find out what is going to happen if the team loses their "commander"? Will it be another wipe or ??

Will the team need to purchase a package of bulk deal hypnotism sessions for future games??
Jun 19, 12:01 AM

Aug 2023
I like dumb Kei and I think the stories probably going to show some reason why Commander Kei disappeared and why stupid Kei took over and I think it'll probably end with stupid Kei becoming the main one. I'm fine with that I like them both.
You know the British Empire was pretty cool, we definitely peaked with it.
Thank you I will not be answering or expanding on anything and have good day
Jun 19, 2:44 AM
Apr 2024
Kaname is back to being an idiot and now what?
I hope he goes back to normal soon because man I waited a long time for the general and it was really incredible and I was kind of sad when he went back to being a jerk, so please go back to normal, the anime is great and I'm loving it so much.
Jun 19, 3:07 AM
Sep 2017
Ok, I need to know how good it is, haven't really heard anyone talking about it.

I do enjoy sport animes but some do disappoint.

Use this list to judge if I'll enjoy it.
Loved the following
Hajime no ippo
Diamond no ace
Kuroko no basket
Yowamushi peddle
One out
Ao hashi
Jun 19, 5:10 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah so the great commander duo is gone and they were only in the 3rd inning. Looks like our public team is about to get rolled from the looks of it. Hopefully we get an answer to why Kei lost his memory because it seems like Kiyomine loses all his potential and doesn’t seem to care as much if his pitcher isn’t there, but still stuck around because it’s obvious he cares. We did see Kei in the beginning in the hospital bed so I’m sure we will get an answer here soon on why he lost his memory.
Jun 19, 5:12 PM

May 2019
Man, I hope that Kei can maintain enough ability and composure to at least continue to catch Haurka's fast pitches otherwise this may become another blowout.
Jun 22, 6:41 AM

Jan 2017
Commander Kei was nice while it lasted 😅
At least we'll be seeing more of Chihaya's story next episode so I'm looking forward to it ❤️️
Jun 23, 8:21 PM

Oct 2022
I was starting to think that the whole point of the memory loss was to be able to set up the characters and have this sort of comeback once Kaname got his memory back, but man was I off the mark.
Jun 24, 11:24 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Only one inning we enjoy the great duo!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Yesterday

22 by Matahary147 »»
58 minutes ago

» [Spoilers] Did he really lose his memory?

Tidiii - May 8

3 by curiousbear »»
Jun 21, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 23

45 by chillshocker »»
Jun 18, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 11

40 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 18, 10:33 AM

Poll: » Boukyaku Battery (TV) Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 4

24 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 13, 7:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.