Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 8:07 AM

Oct 2017
Just what I wanted, Henderson and Martha backstory, how elegant. They are so cute together both past and now.
Apr 28, 8:11 AM
May 2021
Nice little backstory of them too, elegancy ~
Apr 28, 8:35 AM

Sep 2016
Good chapter, it's nice that we learned something more about Henderson and Martha, so that they won't be completely indifferent characters for us.
However, there is one thing that frustrates me so much...

Loid got an extensive story about his past, so many chapters ago.
Why we still don't get a chapters like this about Anya and Yor?!
We still know almost nothing about what the series' most recognizable character was doing before the story began, and how Yor, one of the three most important characters, become a killer.
Mr. Endo, seriously, this manga already has almost 100 chapters!!!

Soleks100000Apr 28, 8:44 AM
Apr 28, 8:38 AM
Mar 2021
Super cute chapter !
Apr 28, 9:16 AM

Sep 2007
Thanks.
Really.
I needed some backgrounds about theses two.
Apr 28, 9:24 AM
Feb 2024
JUST READ IT AND I'M ALREADY WAITING FOR NEXT CHAPTER!!
Apr 28, 9:58 AM
Jul 2023
Soleks100000 said:
Good chapter, it's nice that we learned something more about Henderson and Martha, so that they won't be completely indifferent characters for us.

We still know almost nothing about what the series' most recognizable character was doing before the story began, and how Yor, one of the three most important characters, become a killer.

True I thought Loid would be the last (or just not one the first) characters that we would get a backstory of, but ig Yor’s was kind of covered tho not so extensively
Apr 28, 9:58 AM
Jul 2023
Soleks100000 said:

True I thought Loid would be the last (or just not one the first) characters that we would get a backstory of, but ig Yor’s was kind of covered tho not so extensively
Apr 28, 10:09 AM

May 2020
Wasn’t expecting to see something like Elegant sensei’s backstory, and that too of his school days. Pleasant one tbh, though since we already know Martha and he didn’t end up together, would like to see what actually went down back then, in addition to them being oblivious about their feelings thing.
Apr 28, 10:55 AM

Aug 2021
a henderson and marriott backstory was the last thing i had on my cards for this chapter but damn was it exactly what i needed
Apr 28, 11:14 AM

Sep 2022
WOW, to get some Henderson development was far from what I was expecting! His past with Martha was lovely, hilarious, wholesome and dare I say elegant! The rounded, cute, and crisp artstyle accompanying this back story bolstered the romance between the two. Oh to be young and unwilfully ignorant to one's own feelings... Lovely chapter, can't wait to see what happens next in their story.
I'm the sonny boy ( ̄y▽, ̄)╭
Apr 28, 12:49 PM
Sep 2023
the most beautfull romas history i ever seen
Apr 28, 1:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
A most elegant love story to be sure. Mr. Henderson has always been a righteous and refined individual
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2:01 PM

Aug 2018
THIS IS ELEGANT.
The story of Henderson and Martha was very good. And it looks like there will be more of them.
Very good chapter.
Apr 28, 5:56 PM

Dec 2016
I know it's fictional story but I need time machine right now!!!
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.166/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.88/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.65/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.54/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Apr 28, 6:01 PM

Apr 2022
she is NOT sanji with that kick.
Apr 28, 6:53 PM

Oct 2021
This is the backstory I never knew I needed. It was foreshadowed in the early chapters of the series that Martha and Henderson knew each other! 😊 Also, this is such a sad chapter for a flashback of supporting characters! ☹️ But, it's so elegant! I love these kinds of stories from Tatsuya Endo! Gosh, I hope Henry Henderson makes it through the cover of Volume 14! 😁 Also, Henry being ignorant --- yes, yes he was. 😟 But, his pursuit for higher education is his means to educate students --- that's why he pursued becoming a teacher (so that he won't be corrupt like the teachers he is surrounded with). It's just a sad decision he left Martha out. I feel sorry for Martha's hearbreak, too! 😭
marquinti2Apr 28, 7:01 PM

-------------------------
Marianne

~Effort, Fortitude, and Tenacity
Apr 28, 8:43 PM

May 2016
Seems like this Henderson backstory will be a few chapters
Apr 28, 9:11 PM
Mar 2015
The old guy had an unrequited love
Apr 28, 9:57 PM
Feb 2019
This chapter was exceedingly elegant! I’m a sucker for a wholesome romance story, and it’s with Mr. Henderson who I thoroughly enjoy. Usually one of these stories that go off the beaten track of the story would annoy me, but this is a welcomed venture.
Apr 28, 11:10 PM

Dec 2009
I wouldn't mind a spin-off of their relationship.
Hopefully their moments in this story is worthwhile. I'm rooting for Henry and Martha!
Apr 29, 3:45 AM

Jan 2024
I say that it may delve into the negatives of war. Yet another elegant chapter.
Apr 29, 4:43 PM

Jul 2010
Okay I need a follow-up chapter. They STILL didn't confess to each other?! It was beyond cute... I mean ELEGANT, SUCH AN ELEGANT CHAPTER
Apr 30, 4:37 PM

Nov 2020
Love this two characters background story, such a shame they never got together while they were both in school, I'm so curious to see how they drifted apart after Henderson became a teacher at Eden Academy
May 3, 6:51 AM

Nov 2013
Such an unexpected but lovely chapter. Albeit, it's still sad :(
May 3, 2:15 PM
Jan 2021
how elegant. quite a nice change of pace from the main story.
May 5, 7:22 AM

Jul 2021
- matron : ... henderson-sensei ...

elegant sensei uses the pronoun "washi" :

Depending on the region, it may be used mainly by the elderly, which is especially true for women using it, and becoming more true as usage of local variants declines in younger generations.

Its use is often considered stereotypical of old people in Japanese media and is frequently used in TV shows and comics to emphasize the age of characters.

page 3 :
young martha is doing some ballet and giving some up-skirt scenes for the boys , lol ?

page 4 :
he is wearing an imperial coat .

- young elegant sensei : ... what an elegant p@nties , i can see up her skirt , ... which earned me the nick-name "elegant-kun" ...

page 5 : .....
daywithoutgamesMay 5, 7:39 AM

Hello everyone , please check out and subscribe to my youtube channel , DayWithoutAnime 2.0 DayWithoutGame , that has many meme , funny anime / manga videos , thank you :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFNBo_02wOQwRJ4HXlzC9dw

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 98 Discussion

MegamiRem - May 12

18 by Farabeuf »»
May 18, 2:20 AM

» Are the chapter releases too slow for this type of manga?

CrimsonPunk01 - Dec 4, 2023

5 by Amatsukaze24 »»
May 13, 6:48 AM

» Question about the manga

Its_Me_Chia - May 7

6 by Its_Me_Chia »»
May 8, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 90 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 12, 2023

28 by E_Creator »»
Apr 23, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Spy x Family Chapter 96 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 17

36 by daywithoutgames »»
Apr 18, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.