Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 10:28 AM

Nov 2011
God of cars lol

Man, this show has some bizarre characters but in a creative way. We also got some trouble at a local school involving a mystical beast. This anime really has unpredictable moments and I love it.
Apr 27, 12:00 PM

Feb 2020
Decent episode with more cool and mysterious creatures.

Buchio is doing his best to live a normal life.

That car spirit, Nishiya Chiaki a.k.a Wagen-kun, was so random, lol.

It was nice to see Jiro flying for the first time.

Hmm, kinda weird cliffhanger. I didn't expect this show to take a Sci-Fi route all of a sudden.

SerafosApr 27, 6:38 PM
Apr 27, 12:20 PM
Sep 2014
Such a solid show, perhaps a bit too unfocused to reach the level of Natsume Yuujinchou but the characters are really well fleshed out and the animation is top notch.
Apr 27, 12:31 PM

Mar 2021
Another good episode I love that we are seeing more and more interesting creatures and spirits appearing.
Apr 27, 12:49 PM
Sep 2015
This anime just makes supernatural element feel very natural to me, as if it's non-fiction (is that a gay german car yokai enter a same-sex civil partnership?). At first I assumed Tokyo would have almost no supernatural beings but look like there are a lot even in a big city. My estimate population ratio between human and non-human is probably 50:50.

This anime mix fantasy with slice-of-life perfectly, to the point that even the word "perfect" is not enough to compliment. But here's the main concern, look like there'll be a sci-fi element too, like a rift in dimension. It's almost impossible to add sci-fi into the already perfectly balanced slice of life/fantasy anime, but if it can do without losing quality, then this will definitely be the best anime of this season, and potentially a nomination for the best anime of the year.
Apr 27, 1:20 PM
Oct 2021
i love this show sm look forward to it every saturday
Apr 27, 2:19 PM
Jan 2020
truer words have never been spoken
Apr 27, 2:27 PM

Jul 2021
Wow, this episode really opened up the world and introduced so many interesting concepts and characters.

Wagen-san (first name Volks?) stands out as the most fun, and I think there could be a good story there (since he's in the OP, too)
Apr 27, 2:30 PM
May 2020
One of the few shows that has me in tears every episode.
Apr 27, 5:00 PM

Sep 2020
The cast of characters is just too good; even the random minor characters thrown here and there in this episode are already winning over me.
Also, the way the plot progress and the various sub-plots connected to it start unrolling is pretty good.
Apr 27, 5:08 PM
May 2017
Another excellent episode!

Chiaki 'Wagen' Nishiya incarnated itself in a 1974-1983 Volkswagen Golf Mk1. In 2024, the VW Golf completes 50 years in production.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 27, 5:59 PM

Feb 2019
things are getting interesting. what is that black hole that thing fell out of? and is the demon king trustworthy or sus?
Apr 27, 6:04 PM
Aug 2020
ANOTHER great episode

new characters, things are moving

i like that!!!
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 27, 8:10 PM
Feb 2020
Another change in the ED showing Sanmoto and Sasaki way back.Guess its a thing that a part gonna change every episode.

Apr 28, 12:57 AM

Sep 2018
This show is so damn awesome, continues to surprise and amaze me every new episode. Definitely my AOTS.
Apr 28, 5:27 AM

Apr 2022
We finally met the volkswagen, although just briefly (thankfully). I'm still only interested in what Jirou and Buchio are up to.
Apr 28, 8:35 AM

Jul 2017
Damn, a dragon god residing in the waters for protection, that's quite unusual.

Buchio being invited to Tokyo by Jiro to see the star comedian and Sanmoto Gorozaemon, he's also a fellow Yokai, but a Demon King kind. Him being impressed of Buchio and wanting him to work under his wing, it's a great offer. Meanwhile, Mutsumi seeing Jiro having a sleep, she thought that he was dead, but it's actually from jealousy that she loves him dearly. However, Bochio rescinds the offer, knowing that he still has room left to improve as a nekomata.

Buchio is learning so many things, from part-time work to being a driver...and lols, a Volkswagen Golf tsukumogami Yokai named Nishiya "Wagen" Chiaki, even he has to pass Japanese citizenship and a driving license to be able to self-drive within Japanese land. Even the Dragon God who model after the human look of idols, even she too is wary of Buchio falling into Sanmoto's trap, which Sakaki offers Buchio some advice from working together with Buchio.

A raiju falling from the cracks of the sky, this is a case for Jiro to handle and bring it back to the rip. But this too, raises alarms about their hometown being targeted for something.

Lots of supernatural elements going around...
Apr 28, 2:34 PM

Jul 2014
The Dragon God was definitely voiced by Mamiko Noto, wasn't she? She had the exact same voice and way of speaking as Benten from Uchouten Kazoku, which is instantly recognisable to me.
Apr 28, 5:00 PM

Dec 2021
So there's another nekomata in Tokyo, working for some high-powered company executive who happens to be a demon king. It's fascinating how these youkai are integrated into society overall, not just in rural areas.

And a car tsukumogami named Wagen? That's both hilarious and awesome.

Apr 28, 6:43 PM
Mar 2015
Our boi goes to Tokyo where he agrees to work for the Demon King
Apr 29, 12:02 AM
Jul 2021
I hope more people watch this, such an underrated gem
Apr 29, 3:22 AM

Apr 2012
While I think the idea of ​​a conscious car being quasi-BL paired with his owner is incredibly fun on a meta level, it still makes surprising sense in this setting.
May 3, 4:00 AM
Mar 2012
Buchio in city seem fun, would like whole side story of him making it big there. Sakaki quite kind to him.
lol Sanmoto kinda silly rude. miss the nice food. lots cute funny Buchio faces.
Jiro & Mutsumi much comfy. Wagen is weird, lol his backstory. Dragon god somehow reminds of opm.
rather fast paced, but interesting philosophies from the varied cast.
Raiju, yuki onna & spiderman Tsuchida was cool need more of em.
Space distortion... we suddenly DAL?
May 4, 9:46 AM

Nov 2013
Oh, so we have a god and a demon in the same universe and they seem to be getting along, albeit the god seems to be wary of the demon.

Buchio is so adorable. Him wanting to stay with the family made me tear up a little. I honestly wouldn't mind living in their village.

ONLY NOW did I notice that there is 1 new/different scene in the middle of every ED. Checked all previous episodes to make sure. This episode, it's Mao with the black nekomata.
May 8, 11:30 PM
Mar 2010
The relationships between all the characters are super cute. I hope we get to see more of the demon/and nekomata!
May 9, 6:51 AM

Feb 2021
That car is unexpected a yokai too XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 9, 10:52 AM

Feb 2019
Dudes car came to life and now he's in a relationship with him, what old men dream of fr
No watch list sig cuz "You watch anime in 3 days or 3 months! Such is the proper way!"
May 20, 8:32 PM
Jan 2018
cried real tears. not sure why <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Youkai-san Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - 4 hours ago

6 by dragynfaerie »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tonari no Youkai-san Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15

23 by Avvenirista »»
Jun 18, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Youkai-san Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 25

27 by Selleri_UmU »»
Jun 15, 3:08 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Youkai-san Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8

19 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 15, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Youkai-san Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 1

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 14, 8:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.