Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 8, 6:10 AM
Apr 2022
The 3 years old MC body and face looks weird. The story is okay. And no OP MC with a strength power and magic. And I wonder about the brown skin characters race being discriminate.
Apr 8, 7:05 AM

Mar 2014
Pretty decent adaptation from the manga, instead of the static charts sheets as portrayed in the manga, in the anime they made the stats as floating numbers and skills.
So far so good, they are following closely to the manga.
Apr 8, 8:44 AM

Oct 2014
The music mostly sells this, altho it's not necessarily that special,

which is very unfortunate, bcs the fight sequence seems to have been done based on a real reference, but they (probably) don't have the time to animate it properly.

ps.: the father and Rietz are cool, tho. sadly we know the father's going to die.
Apr 8, 11:27 AM
Sep 2016
I want to say this is kinda promising.... But also the 1st EP also seems kinda (if not very) rushed.... Dunno, might need 2-3 EPs to determine whether this show's worth the time or not.
Python is the best programming language ever. FIGHT ME!
Apr 8, 11:45 AM
Jan 2021
i dont know how to explain but i like this type of anime
Apr 8, 1:25 PM

Mar 2022
Well that was better than expected!
Apr 8, 4:07 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Hmmm not bad so far. Was honestly just going to check this out and pretend I never watched it if it wasn't to my liking, but it's actually not so bad. I enjoyed myself a bit. I'll go ahead and stick with it.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Apr 8, 7:40 PM
Jul 2021
nice to see the relationship between Ars and Rietz. ☺️
Apr 8, 8:38 PM

Apr 2009
Imagine watching a fantasy made by people half a globe away with a vastly different culture and in the first 20 minutes shoehorning it into your domestic racial hang ups. Insufferable.

At first Ars was giving me bad Cain vibes from the awful The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure, but this turned out to be much better. It's still too early to say much since there's still quite a lot of build up left, but it was a promising start. If the focus is more on building up his territory and dealing with the political machinations and rivalries in the empire as opposed to straight up reincarnated world-saving hero action that could be refreshing. Some isekai have done that but not many have done it great (that I've watched at least.)
Apr 9, 4:59 PM

Nov 2009
Sorta interesting series.

Tho... how exactly did MC died on Earth out of nowhere as he was leaving for work? HUH?... LOL... that was so random.

And the world setting is pretty much the classic medieval/ Europe era that nearly all Fantasy series uses cause it's the most "fantasy-like" era with the buildings and castles, etc etc.
(with the usual old era peon / social standing / Race issues)

MC has the power to see other people's "personal info" and "class".

So this is going to be.... where the MC himself is weak, but he can turn other people into OP by giving them advice.

Hmm... I guess MC doesn't actually need any sort of "Earth Knowledge" in this case... (like most other Isekai series using Earth knowledge to become OP)

We're just going into episode 1, and MC is already starting to solve the Isekai world's issues, starting with Racial steroptyping
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 10, 1:53 PM
Jun 2015
Solid start, got high hopes for this one.
Apr 11, 3:19 AM
Dec 2018
Just saw it.

Nice start. I love the fact MC isn't a one man army like most isekai mc recently but has the ability to select the appropriate people for is future governance. Would be nice if in the future there are characters he convince to join him instead of saving them.
Apr 11, 3:22 AM
Dec 2018
Mainnus said:
Fight racism in the first episode, now that something rarely seen.

Overall good episode, nothing really stand than other than the racism, got a feeling the story going to be good till the end.

I don't really see how he fights racism actually. He clearly said to his father he doesn't know if all the people of that race are talented but that one clearly is.

In Belgium our King colonized and enslaved what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. At that time we called the Congolese people going to uni "evolved" and the other were considered as inferior humans.

Acknowledging some people might be good in a race is not fighting racism
Apr 11, 6:36 AM

Oct 2008
what a pleasant surprise! i thought this was gonna be another rinse repeat isekai! lets' see...
5/5.

Apr 11, 2:45 PM
Oct 2019
Reply to DragyG
Mainnus said:
Fight racism in the first episode, now that something rarely seen.

Overall good episode, nothing really stand than other than the racism, got a feeling the story going to be good till the end.

I don't really see how he fights racism actually. He clearly said to his father he doesn't know if all the people of that race are talented but that one clearly is.

In Belgium our King colonized and enslaved what is now the Democratic Republic of Congo. At that time we called the Congolese people going to uni "evolved" and the other were considered as inferior humans.

Acknowledging some people might be good in a race is not fighting racism
@DragyG He only 3 old in universe, he cannot fight racist against his father will he choice to choice the path of less oposition and in the end it a first step to breach the idea that all merkan are inferior raciste is not that easy to fight and nees step doing step by step is a acceptable way i think
if it could make the change from all all merkian are inferior to most are it already a step in good way
Apr 12, 7:10 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to Franz_Furantsu
I like this type of fantasy/isekai with dynastic-political-war themes and where the mc wants to save or build a kingdom, faithful ecounter of retainers etc. it gives me a sort of "Madan no ou to Vanadis" vibes or even "The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt" vibes but less comic and more adventure focused.
I really enjoyed this first episode, I started watching with low expectations but is very interesting. I will follow this anime for sure.

@Franz_Furantsu I watched Madan no Ou, you are right the first part reminded me of it
Apr 13, 8:16 AM

Jun 2016
Reply to Mione48
I really enjoyed this first episode, I started watching with low expectations but is very interesting. I will follow this anime for sure.

@Franz_Furantsu I watched Madan no Ou, you are right the first part reminded me of it
@Mione48 Madan no ou to Vanadis is another of those anime of the last decade I liked a lot, unfortunately this type of dynastic-political intrigue/kingdom build/war fantasy is not very common, the only recent one that has an intriguing plot is Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, but Vanadis is still unmatched imho, it had a more serious tone with many field battles, well built plot, and the harem of warrior ladies added spice to the story.
Apr 13, 8:39 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Franz_Furantsu
@Mione48 Madan no ou to Vanadis is another of those anime of the last decade I liked a lot, unfortunately this type of dynastic-political intrigue/kingdom build/war fantasy is not very common, the only recent one that has an intriguing plot is Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken, but Vanadis is still unmatched imho, it had a more serious tone with many field battles, well built plot, and the harem of warrior ladies added spice to the story.
@Franz_Furantsu not a lot of anime have this but in ln and manga it have some good exemple fpr aniime you could try genius prince and kingdome or realistic heros
Apr 13, 2:36 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to Azope
@Franz_Furantsu not a lot of anime have this but in ln and manga it have some good exemple fpr aniime you could try genius prince and kingdome or realistic heros
@Azope Thanks for the advice Azope, I'll try them ;)
Apr 14, 11:14 AM
Oct 2017
It was OK. Hopefully it'll last.
Apr 16, 10:47 PM

Nov 2023
Probably the fastest pre-isekai death I've ever seen. The man literally went home from work, played a video game, and when he left to go to work the next day, he just died. 

Anyway, it seems to be pretty decent, so I'll keep watching.
Apr 21, 3:47 PM
Apr 2013
EP 1

Suddenly im having second thoughts
But what is going on

Well yeah ep 1 isekai shenanigans. what else is new
Really strange op
I mean its like your usual but i dunno if im optimistic

I'll be honest I'm not very optimistic about it. ep 1 syndrome. like if things dont improve quickly in ep 2 or 3 I'm probably gonna be bored to dess

From the preview seems like the next character is gonna be showing up i guess.
Not really much to say. I'll be honest it'd be pretty difficult to say
Apr 23, 3:01 PM
Mar 2023
Surprisingly good anime.
Apr 25, 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
That Reitz was a deal to not be missed. Good find.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 1, 11:52 AM
Jan 2023
fun unique twist on the isekai genre protagonist taking a more passive role than what other isekais do with their protagonists. can recommend :)
May 2, 8:25 PM
Apr 2021
It was just awesome story line, and the mage's ecchi is uwu
May 14, 12:25 PM

May 2016
Enjoyable first episode, Rietz gonna be a big support for Ars in the future.
May 18, 12:38 PM
Aug 2020
other world = japan (same as all isekai tensei or whatever)
people are programs with a description that the ''protagonist'' can see, and the real protagonists are the future people that the most talkative character will bring to the cast
honestly, what bothers me most is the fact that the character dies as an adult and is reincarnated with the body and soul of a child, he is AN ADULT so act like AN ADULT
May 19, 12:19 AM

Jun 2022
I started to watch it late. pacing was slow, but the voice acting and premise might as well make me stick around
May 31, 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
Rietz Muse was so lucky he was found by Ars
Jun 3, 12:55 AM

Nov 2019
Enjoyable first episode with a lot of lore explained in the first half.
Typical salaryman reincarnation fantasy isekai. MC reincarnates into Ars, son of a lord and at 3 years old he’s got the appraisal skill to see everyone’s potential.
He meets with a malkan, an inferior race as referred to the people of the continent; Ars wants to have him as a retainer because of his skill potential at 14 years old.
Jun 21, 8:18 AM
Sep 2021
oh god those borders, map designer gave no f
Jun 23, 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
subs were off after beginning scene said 3y latter but its 3y earlier

what is roxy doing here? lol

that oda nobunaga reference lol
Sugram22Jun 23, 11:59 AM
Jun 26, 4:43 AM

Sep 2014
Imagine getting picked up by a 3 year old in town lmao

I hate fantasy worlds where stats determine everything and are basically fixed from birth. I mean I dont dislike stats themself, but the ridiculous nature of "oh your strength stat is low/high training does not matter". Having talent for something is fine, but never having used a bow and immediately beeing perfect with it because your hidden stat says you are good with it just sucks. Talent should make you learn faster, not immediately be good at it.

I was recommended this because of the down to earth appeal, but so far I really dont think I missed anything by skipping it this season..

Oh yeah also I think getting reincarnated as a newborn with your memories must suck tremendously, realistically you would forget everything by the time you grow up because thats how the brain works, and assuming you are self aware already imagine beeing stuck in the body of a baby. Like eyesight so undeveloped you would barely see your own hands. The inability to properly move. All the trauma from growing at all..
Comander-07Jun 26, 4:48 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jul 6, 3:17 AM

Jun 2022
1) guess , couldn't hurt to watch atleast 3 episodes .

2) that baby head didn't fit that body , looked a lil too large .

3) man , they really waste no time in deaths now . got like 20 sec for him to transport from 1 world to another like ' got isekaied ' deal with it .

Jul 13, 9:12 AM

Nov 2017
Looks like anti-racism in here but it's so unnecessary.
Aug 4, 5:48 AM

Jun 2016
Does the appraisal skill even useful for anything? These people can pick up a sword for the first time ever and give an experienced master a run for their money ... if he can find skilled people just with a quick test it seems like his superpower is basically just not being racist (or classist). The appraisal skill could be substituted entirely with that and he wouldn't be that much worse off.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Jun 23

53 by suzi_eee »»
Sep 14, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 26

33 by Meepoi »»
Aug 1, 4:31 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19

77 by imjayhime »»
Jul 31, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 9

31 by Magito »»
Jul 30, 6:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei Kizoku, Kantei Skill de Nariagaru Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 5

46 by TechOtaku »»
Jul 26, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.