Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 23, 8:33 AM

Nov 2011
Decisions had to be made.

I think this episode not only establish Shin as a capable leader but also a guy who can be trusted to make difficult decisions. So mch emotions this episode. Hell, even Shin showed more emotions this episode this season than I've ever seen.
Mar 23, 11:55 AM

Sep 2018
Well, that was something really emotional.

Wasn't prepare for that at all.
I keep moving forward
Mar 23, 12:12 PM

Feb 2021
It's episode 11 already, but the episode count hasn't been revealed yet. Imagine if it's 3 consecutive cours lol.

This gotta be one of the best episodes in Kingdom. So good. And respect to the VAs too, Toriumi Kousuke's (Wei Ping) performance was amazing. Made me super emotional multiple times.
Mar 23, 12:13 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
I never cared about Wei Ping before, but this episode did as good of a job as possible to make me feel bad for him. He totally deserved getting kicked out of Xin's squad, but at the same time his actions after getting fired showed that actions speak louder than words, and he reproved himself fully and then some.

Xin self reflecting was also a very nice moment. It's rare for noble characters to discuss their naive views, but Xin still makes his cause sound somewhat realistic.

While the scuffle between Xin and Huan Yi might not have ended with a clear resolution, at least now Huan Yi knows that Xin killed Qing She and can plan the rest of the battle accordingly.

Mar 23, 1:25 PM

May 2020
holy shit man
that was one emotional episode
cant wait for more

Mar 23, 1:35 PM

Mar 2010
WHile I can see where xin is coming from, I also can see why dat yi guy does all the rape stuff. I feel like its a ying yang kinda thing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 23, 1:48 PM

Jan 2012
so much feels 😭

Mar 23, 3:18 PM

Jul 2017
Great episode. I liked the focus that this season has given at times to the side characters in the Hi Shin Unit and this one focused more on Bi Hei and it did a great job as a whole. He's someone who didn't treat Shin the greatest in the past and is someone who isn't the strongest, the most clever, the most courageous. He's just a normal, average guy. But once he spent more time with Shin from the original 5-man foot soldier unit that the two of them were a part of, to being a unit much, much larger and reputable than it used to be, Bi Hei's witnessed how much Shin has grown and how influential his actions and behaviors have been towards everyone involved, including him. Bi Hei made the mistake of keeping the bracelet that was got from a corpse of many from the burnt down villages, and he deserved what he got from both Shin and Kyou Kai. But when hearing about bandits from Kan Ki's army mocking him and especially Shin for being a leader that is too scared and unmanly to commit the heinous activities of rape, murder and torture to enjoy the 'spoils of the battle', he truly did realize how special Shin was as a leader and how everyone in the Hi Shin Unit are proud and happy to be in his unit without needing to fulfill themselves in disgusting ways with desperation. They actually had pride in themselves and want to help Shin accomplish his goal of being the Greatest General together. A leader can have a big influence on its people and you can see that with the bandits that stick by Kan Ki, and the people that stick by Shin proudly.

It was really good seeing Bi Hei contemplate about Shin and his ideals after making that mistake, and it was even nicer seeing Shin show empathy towards Bi Hei and recall his own actions he did, which eventually led him to feel guilt and disgust once he did those actions while in a better place than where he was in the past out of desperation. It is idealistic for sure and Kan Ki knows that all too well, but it is nice seeing Shin reflect more about what kind of example he wants to be, and why being the Greatest General is more than just being the best at killing but also the way you act and present yourself as a leader to everyone else, bringing them together to fight for a worthy cause. Shin has shown how capable he can be in his strength by being able to kill a General like Kei Sha, but is also showing some emotional maturity too with defining the kind of person he wants to be, and how he and Hyou would both be sick if he became a Great General at the expense of raping, looting, murdering and torturing innocent people for sport. Just excellent characterization overall.

The campaign isn't quite over yet, especially since none of this episode focused on what Ki Sui and the Zhao side have been up to in detail, but it was a great episode focusing on what it means to be in the Hi Shin Unit and in Shin's eyes, what it means to be a leader and a Great General beyond just having the title for the sake of it.
Mar 23, 3:22 PM

Nov 2016
Trying to intimidate Kanki with an empty threat won't work, lol. Great episode again.
FMmatronMar 23, 3:27 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 23, 5:21 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What a roller coaster of emotions this episode was. The heated clash between Xin and Haun Yi was finally concluded. Wei Ping got caught for taking that necklace that was practically forced upon him by the Haun Yi army and Xin found it and was not happy, but later on when Wei Ping was brought back and awoke to find Xin sitting next to him he told him a story about he had done something similar and accepted Wei Ping back into the group. This show is so good and I look forward to watching it every week. So happy kingdom is finally back 💯
Mar 23, 5:25 PM
Jan 2024
The true leaders need sacrifice and strong resolve.
Mar 23, 5:47 PM

May 2018
What an emotional episode
Mar 23, 7:32 PM
Mar 2015
Wei Ping got them out of their predicament but at high cost In the end all was forgiven because Xin realizes he has done worse
Mar 23, 10:49 PM
Sep 2015
It is only 13 episodes or is it just MAL bs?
Mar 23, 11:34 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Reply to bladecode
@bladecode It's been officially confirmed to be 13 episodes, with the final 2 episodes airing back to back next week.
Mar 24, 2:05 AM
Feb 2021
bladecode said:

12 according to TV time
Mar 24, 4:39 AM
Apr 2018
There are ups and downs even in a team. These only makes a bond and understanding stronger.
Bihei once again reminded himself of the motto of Xin unit. They're more stronger than ever.
Mar 24, 5:10 AM
Oct 2016
i legit teared up this ep what an ep :)
Mar 24, 5:14 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to anime-prime
@bladecode It's been officially confirmed to be 13 episodes, with the final 2 episodes airing back to back next week.
@anime-prime Never expected a Kingdom season to be this short but given the length of this campaign and what is to come after, makes sense that this is a 1-cour. Hopefully the next season is even longer to make up for how short this one is.
Mar 24, 5:33 AM
Feb 2021
Ok, this is a turning point for Kingdom, from this episode we are doing shit seriously, there is no coming. Kinda sad this season is gonna be only 13 episodes, but it's already my anime of the year. Hope they're gonna announce new season soon, airing already next year. Tbh I hoped that they adapted the small arc between and West Zhao Invasion in this season, but I guess it can't be helped
Mar 24, 6:44 AM
Mar 2023
I feel pity the women at jail.

At the end, Shin and Kyoukai didn't did anything.
Mar 24, 10:30 AM

May 2020
Bi Hei’s momentary distraction made Xin lose face and dignity in front of Kan Ki and his army. I knew this would happen when that guy forced Bi Hei into taking that bracelet.

Bi Hei understood his mistake and came to a realisation. The conversation between him and Xin had every other unit member listening. Bi Hei is back into Hi Shin Unit. He confesses that their unit is the most satisfied unit.

Xin isn’t good at speaking flashily. But his words are just enough to let us know what kind of feeling it would have been.
Mar 24, 1:29 PM
Mar 2018
The tension through the episode makes you shiver!
Mar 24, 3:52 PM
May 2021
great episode laing the fondation and character development for the fei force
Mar 24, 4:44 PM

May 2017
Beautiful adaptation from manga. Loving the work that was done with the music, flashbacks and music...
Meh...
Mar 24, 7:27 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Such a wonderful episode. I’m glad we’re taking a break from fighting and focusing more on the people we’ve been following for 5 seasons.

Wondering what’s going to happen next though…

😭 Please let there be a second cour or something
Mar 24, 11:26 PM

Jul 2008
Well this episode didn't go how I thought it would.....the tears man.
Mar 25, 2:06 AM

Nov 2011
Disappointed we only get 13 eps.

A slight change in tone but another great episode nonetheless

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Mar 25, 3:28 AM
The Dreamer
Feb 2024
Zee530 said:
Disappointed we only get 13 eps.

A slight change in tone but another great episode nonetheless

agreed. a masterpiece. shame only 13eps.
One Piece Forever
Mar 25, 3:57 AM

May 2018
How close are we to the manga? Hope we got season 6 soon.
Mar 25, 5:02 AM
Mar 2024
The fight between Huan Yi and Xin had its crucial moments where both learned what they are fighting for. And Huan Yi also enunciated the toll of uniting the Middle Kingdom would take, as well as the one-sidedness of this endeavour. Fei Shin unit learned also a valuable lesson and their worth and moto.
Mar 25, 6:20 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Papa_Scorch
How close are we to the manga? Hope we got season 6 soon.
@Papa_Scorch Still a long way to go to catch up to where the manga is, which is good in a way since we are getting seasons quickly because of that. I think the manga is 300+ chapters ahead of where the anime is right now. Given how short this season looks to be, I definitely think season 6 will be out sometime next year.
Mar 25, 8:43 AM
Dec 2014
Xin acting like a true leader, i loved this episode, it showed us a more human perspective of war.
Mar 25, 12:15 PM

Jul 2014
This is one of the most emotional episodes we had damn. We cant continue watching the Hi Shin unit without Bi Hei man
Mar 25, 3:09 PM
Nov 2017
this episode brought what made me start watching Kingdom, apart from the battle strategies, the coups, the politics, but above all the ideal of a boy who dreamed of being a great general and who went through many trials, lost many important people along the way and grew with it, matured thanks to it.
Mar 25, 10:55 PM

Jul 2011
Why 13 eps? There's so much material to cover, and we're nowhere close to the recent releases...

Anyway great episode, love being reminded of why we love Xin.
Mar 26, 4:30 AM

Jul 2017
Reply to Mirorin
Why 13 eps? There's so much material to cover, and we're nowhere close to the recent releases...

Anyway great episode, love being reminded of why we love Xin.
@Mirorin I think they just wanted to focus on the Kokuyou Campaign arc for this season and next season, give more focus on the long arc to take place very soon. I have a feeling that'll take place either at the end of this year or some point next year but that's just me assuming stuff.
Mar 26, 6:52 AM
Feb 2022
kingdom is underated
Mar 26, 11:51 AM
Dec 2014
This season is insane man, I'm sad that there are only 13 episodes.
Mar 29, 9:20 AM
Sep 2020
😭😭😭 our hearts are not starving too!!!! 😭😭😭
loved this episode 😭
Mar 29, 6:06 PM
Aug 2020
why it's unpopular?
Apr 1, 12:45 AM
Jul 2019
Dude this episode was heart wrenching... Bi Hei is a character that I always liked before and when the whole misunderstanding with the bracelet from the dead villager to Shin kicking Bi Hei out of the Fei Xin Force were hard to watch and my heart ached for him.

But after Bi Hei had a scuffle with some Kan Ki Army soldiers that led to him almost getting beat to death he's taken back to the Fei Xin Force camp Bi Hei wake up to have a one on one conversation with Shin that was really heartfelt and honest where talked about how he barely ate in his early years in the Qin army and would eat food he would find in abandoned houses that would be on the verge of going bad, and what made this better was that the whole Fei Xin Force was listening on this.

Ultimately Bi Hei was thankfully aloud back into the Fei Xin Force and I'm so glad because Bi Hei is an integral part of the team.
Apr 1, 12:40 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
tearful last scene, and Wein Ping returns with Xin!!!
kekeke
Apr 7, 2:09 PM
Jan 2022
For me this was the most emotional scene of Kingdom yet, everything was perfectly done to me, the voice acting brought out so much emotion I felt everything, especially Xin's speech. 10/10 episode
May 10, 11:12 AM
Jul 2019
Such a touching episode. It's so nice to take a break from fighting to focus on the group and how they feel.
May 22, 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
While I agree with Xin and Qiang Lei, I can't help but also see the hypocrisy lol but yeah that was a touching episode

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

29 by Jipsi »»
May 22, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

40 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 9:58 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

48 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 9

36 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2

21 by PrimeX »»
May 22, 4:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.