Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 8:39 AM

Nov 2011
Shin pushed his troops far this episode but honestly, I think his emotions can sometimes really affect his judgment.

At at rate, this episode builds more into the ongoing battle and he had to be a leader for the troops. Everyone else puts them into a similar position and it seems we're getting a climatic battle real soon. A very charismatic leader he's been this season imo. Hopefully he got the boosted confidence.
Stark700Mar 30, 11:56 AM
Mar 30, 2:02 PM

Jul 2017
Very good episode and wraps up a really enjoyable little arc in the Kokuyou Hills Campaign arc. Kan Ki was incredibly twisted as hell with the 'gift' that he prepared for Ki Sui but that's to be expected. Could have been a bit more bloody but given the nature of the anime, it has always been a bit censored so that was a shame. Still, Kan Ki employed tactics that were heinous and inefficient as far as time goes, but really good objectively in terms of the actual outcome and the lives lost being far lower than it could have been by mentally toying with Ki Sui and his love and dedication towards Rigan. Ultimately, even if not pretty, he got the job done. Shin's not the kind of person morally Kan Ki is but he has to continue to grow himself to be someone who can be a Great General in his own way, and that way being more powerful than Kan Ki's in the long run. Post-ending cliffhanger with Ri Boku there was very interesting and builds up well to what's to come after Zhao got humiliated here. The final episode did air in Japan today as well so just waiting for the subbed version to be there online, but overall, good stuff and effectively showcases how terrifying Kan Ki can be considering how successful he is at his job despite his twisted and rage-filled nature.
Mar 30, 2:07 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
The end of the whole battle was kind of abrupt. Huan Yi's ploy was genius, but I still expected to see some of the battle for the central hill after that. Though I understand why they rushed through it as there was nobody else that important there to deem it necessary to show Xin and his army beating them. The war was essentially over once Ji Hui left the hill.

Li Mu showing up at the end swearing revenge for Qing She's death was very nice, and hopefully it means that we will get more of their backstory in a later season.

Na Gui transferring to Xin's squad permanently was a huge surprise, and I really love the decision. Not only does it mean that Huan Yi's ploy to steal one of Xin's men backfired, but it also gives Na Gui a lot more character and gives Xin another very useful ally. Xin really needs more competent lieutenants.

Mar 30, 2:36 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sometimes, being ruthless might ironically lead to less lives being lose than being honorable, and thinking completely outside the box can make the game into an entirely different kind of chessboard. Kanki is the master of this and this is one example as to why.
Mar 30, 4:58 PM
May 2019
New Ally Acquired!!!! Im so excited what will happening in this series. Huan Yi battle strategies are brutal but I think its right decision to make in battle.
Mar 30, 4:59 PM
Mar 2024
Tactics of brutality brought victory to Xin, as Huan Yi acting at its core. Although Fei Shin force showed its true color and will be visible with its light which attracted Na Gui to his flock. How sophisticated can be war? Truly an ecstatic episode, keeping the audience at ultimate suspense and awe.
Mar 30, 5:09 PM
Jan 2024
Great episode! Shows the character of Huan Yi and his extreme measures. How fear can bring victory. Fear of atrocities in Liyan made their leader leave post to save it and gave Xin it's victory of Heiyong.
Mar 30, 5:33 PM
Aug 2020
It was a failure for the most epic scene from this battle …

Apart from that, it hurts my feelings but it’s a Genius this Kanki.

We don’t have to agree with his methods but he saves many lives from both sides…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Mar 30, 7:51 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
What a great episode, the war is over and it’s time to move on to bigger and better things. The corpse structure was brutal and definitely was not expecting that 😅
Mar 30, 8:12 PM
Dec 2018
The scene was not bad, but in the manga it was darker and the misleading was much better. The drawing in the episode was not excellent either, but they did a good job over the previous episodes.
Mar 30, 8:24 PM

May 2020
Kan Ki used the civilians corpses to threaten Ki Sui into going and protecting Ligan. Since they formed half of Zhao troops, it was easy for the others to defeat the remaining and take over Kokuyou. Though Xin and the others didn’t like how they won, they had to accept the results.

Na Gui seems to be completely smitten by the Hi Shin Unit, that he decides to leave Kan Ki army and even fought to leave. What was that about food tasting better? Does it mean about the food itself, or the other activities within the army that makes him feel bad enough to not like the food? Well, whatever, guess we have some interesting ally now.

Ri Boku wants to avenge Kei Sha, but who will it be? Kan Ki or Xin? Who was the white hair though?

Even with everything, Ki Sui seems to be a good character, and if things go well, he can become a part of United China.

What’s with the surprise bonus episode this week?
Mar 30, 10:03 PM

Jul 2008
Huan Yi, he is going to have to be dealt with.

And only 13 episodes, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Mar 30, 11:24 PM
Apr 2018
Whatever the means, "Huan Yi" achieved the results with minimal casualties and minimal troops.
"Na Gui" with his unit left "Huan Yi's" army and joined Fei Xin force. 🔥👌🏽 That's the best part of this episode.
Mar 31, 12:29 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Man, that was really messed up. I wonder if a similar tactic would be used against Shin’s morals someday…

I thought it was cool that Shin’s words and actions were enough to sway Na Gui and some soldiers to Shin’s camp.
Mar 31, 3:49 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Tsuyo_Mika
Kan Ki used the civilians corpses to threaten Ki Sui into going and protecting Ligan. Since they formed half of Zhao troops, it was easy for the others to defeat the remaining and take over Kokuyou. Though Xin and the others didn’t like how they won, they had to accept the results.

Na Gui seems to be completely smitten by the Hi Shin Unit, that he decides to leave Kan Ki army and even fought to leave. What was that about food tasting better? Does it mean about the food itself, or the other activities within the army that makes him feel bad enough to not like the food? Well, whatever, guess we have some interesting ally now.

Ri Boku wants to avenge Kei Sha, but who will it be? Kan Ki or Xin? Who was the white hair though?

Even with everything, Ki Sui seems to be a good character, and if things go well, he can become a part of United China.

What’s with the surprise bonus episode this week?
@Tsuyo_Mika The food thing was probably a reference to the story that xin told in the previous episode.
Mar 31, 5:38 AM

May 2020
Jipsi said:
@Tsuyo_Mika The food thing was probably a reference to the story that xin told in the previous episode.

I see, fair enough.
Mar 31, 5:46 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Jipsi
@Jipsi Ten is also known in the story for being a good cook right? Maybe they were alluding to that as well.
Mar 31, 6:15 AM
Jan 2022
Reply to Bikmikker
@Jipsi Ten is also known in the story for being a good cook right? Maybe they were alluding to that as well.
@Bikmikker might be
Mar 31, 8:58 AM

May 2020
another amazing episode
qin has won the battle and
Na Gui joined the Fei Xin force
they got another amazing soiler

Mar 31, 10:00 AM

Mar 2010
We need savages. And the good willed. It always balances things out.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 31, 9:03 PM
Mar 2015
huan yi won the battle but the war to become great general is not over he convinced one man to join him
Apr 1, 1:04 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Huan Yi won the battle with a dark strategy, misery strategy!!!
He was and is a great mystery!
kekeke
Apr 1, 11:21 PM
Jul 2019
Looks like Kan Ki's dirty tactics win the day again. Also looks like Naki is joining the Fei Xin Force, wasn't expecting that but his reasoning is pretty solid Shin's squad does have good food I can't even imagine what kind of food Kan Ki's army eats.
Apr 5, 8:59 PM

May 2018
Wow! Na Gui joining Xin Force :O
Apr 5, 9:01 PM

May 2018
Reply to otakuweek
It was a failure for the most epic scene from this battle …

Apart from that, it hurts my feelings but it’s a Genius this Kanki.

We don’t have to agree with his methods but he saves many lives from both sides…
@otakuweek What a brutal scene
Apr 6, 1:08 AM
Aug 2020
red1130 said:
@otakuweek What a brutal scene

They should have done it more dramatically in the anime, to really show us the reality of this view…

They were afraid to really show us more than 2 sec

In the anime it was ok, oh he did that, but in the manga, i was freezed by this unbelievable view, what a fuckkinggggg message by Kanki…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 6, 9:04 AM

Nov 2016
Foreseeable that they wouldn't show Kanki's "masterpiece" in 8K. Brilliant, yet very fucked up thing to do. It's easy to justify such a gruesome move by saying it saved more lives when it's always the vulnerable and innocent who have to pay the price.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 8, 12:03 AM

Dec 2018
Naki joining the Hi Shin Force was a surprise but I'm seriously waiting for Shin to join Sho because Kan Ki is a real asshole. Dog you're fighting for the wrong team.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 23

44 by nikki05 »»
May 10, 11:12 AM

» Why haven't they announced Kingdom : Season 6 ?

KingSunWukong - May 1

8 by Siraa_ »»
May 10, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Are you disappointed that Kingdom : Season 5 is only 13 episodes long ?

KingSunWukong - May 7

9 by wibugar »»
May 10, 1:22 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30

39 by ShashabonhALI »»
May 7, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 5th Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16

47 by Unkrowned »»
May 5, 1:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.