Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Witch and the Beast
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 29, 8:57 AM

Nov 2011
That monster from the clouds looks like a super boss out of a video game.

Helga and Guideau faced perhaps a huge challenge yet this season. Not going to lie, I worry about how their society is run with all the military across towns. Even getting backstabbed...

Ashaf kept his cool and dealt with his challenge like normal as usual though.
Feb 29, 9:34 AM

Dec 2021
And we're back after a week off.

The face-off between Guideau, Helga, and Cugat kicked off. Helga lost her demon sword in the chaos, and Ashgan went after Cugat. Guideau tried to get the sword back, but both she and Helga got caught up in Cugat's magic. Meanwhile, Ashaf tried to reason with Cugat about a series of incidents involving a witch, six victims, and witnesses.

Later, they discovered that the witch could summon magic swords. Ashaf questioned why she would hurt her victims deliberately, knowing witches have many ways to harm humans. He pointed out that even though people aren't as afraid of witches anymore, suspicion still lingers. It's easy to blame a witch for any nearby death, even without solid evidence. Basically, Helga was framed by someone.

What an intense episode. This case is getting really interesting.

Feb 29, 9:38 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to IzanaSolos
And we're back after a week off.

The face-off between Guideau, Helga, and Cugat kicked off. Helga lost her demon sword in the chaos, and Ashgan went after Cugat. Guideau tried to get the sword back, but both she and Helga got caught up in Cugat's magic. Meanwhile, Ashaf tried to reason with Cugat about a series of incidents involving a witch, six victims, and witnesses.

Later, they discovered that the witch could summon magic swords. Ashaf questioned why she would hurt her victims deliberately, knowing witches have many ways to harm humans. He pointed out that even though people aren't as afraid of witches anymore, suspicion still lingers. It's easy to blame a witch for any nearby death, even without solid evidence. Basically, Helga was framed by someone.

What an intense episode. This case is getting really interesting.
@IzanaSolos what else did happened?
Feb 29, 9:50 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to Haninegharbi
@IzanaSolos what else did happened?
@Haninegharbi Well you watched the episode, so why you asking.
Feb 29, 9:54 AM

Apr 2016
I guess the show does an adequate job explaining the setting it creates and other stuff with that, but i think the more fighting we see, the more we need to also see some power level basics.

I mean, we've seen a necromancer, witches (obviously), whatever the main guy is, and now a guy whos in union with a "great elemental".
Feb 29, 10:36 AM

Feb 2021
We're back!
Oh, didn't actually expect that the suspicious guy framed Helga.
20:50 This transition was kinda unnatural. I thought she would try to sacrifice herself or something.
Someone, get her a boyfriend, now!
This was cool.

@Swagernator definitely agree
Feb 29, 10:49 AM
Sep 2015
One week break really breaks my connection to this anime. I try my hardest to reconnect to it again, but the result is not that promising.
Feb 29, 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
Great episode. Hope Helga survives and get friends with the main group. She is my favorite character so far.
Feb 29, 12:25 PM
Feb 2024
Poor Helga, I loved seeing more of her backstory, but framing her was cruel. She never wanted to hurt anyone, so I’m glad they were able to see through the act. I’m also glad Guideau and Ashaf are helping her now. Even if only to keep an eye on her or to get her on their side. I’m actually kind of surprised Guideau went along with it! Their teamwork was really refreshing! The animation was really exceptional this episode!!

I love the concept of the weapon being corrupt and the center of the chaos, as it’s usually “dangerous weapon depending on who uses it”. It reminds me of The Lord of the Rings books- a sword who corrupts and tempts its holder (or those around it) to do its bidding. That was an excellent touch.

I also enjoyed seeing that Helga is a kind witch. What a wonderful character, she could have cut and run and left them behind, but she didn’t. She stayed. She wants to be a good person and keep people safe, what a beautiful story. It looked so promising there for a second when Guideau broke loose, but of course Helga chose to be selfless. Aaah, this was such a good episode, I hope they manage to rescue her next time!
Feb 29, 1:47 PM

Sep 2023
I really enjoy the worldbuilding in this anime. There always seems to be some crazy new magical creature or item or power that is revealed. I am wondering if there will be any resolution to the overarching plot of Guideau lifting the curse, since we technically only have 5 episodes left. Either way, I've enjoyed this anime quite a bit and I'm interested to see where the story with the Demon Sword goes.
Feb 29, 3:59 PM

May 2019
I'm liking this mini-arc and it's clear that Helga was framed. Hopefully she gets rescued and eventually gets a boyfriend (I believe she called Ashaf hot but not sure if he would be interested lol).

Also, Guideau is bad-ass but what's up with Ashaf using bones to get her to do stuff as if she's a dog. I'm guessing part of her being cursed is having wolf-like tendencies/powers.
Feb 29, 4:02 PM
Jun 2022
I hope they save Helga, she's best girl fr
Feb 29, 4:07 PM
May 2023
I think I seen his cigarette get longer when he was frozen in ice
Feb 29, 4:24 PM

Nov 2023
It was a pretty good episode.

I'm surprised to see how quickly the elemental mage folded since he's as strong as a witch, but that laser beam or whatever that was did a number to the guy. 
Feb 29, 5:04 PM

Jul 2021
Did the laser sword/whip lady just shoot Ashaf a few times and turn around? She knows he's a mage (arm tattoos), and a dangerous one at that, according to the "reports".

Also, I get that Executioners are this super-secret division of the Church that not many people even know about, but they're mind-controlling (with a forbidden artifact, no less) and intentionally firing on Paladins. I don't think they can cover this one up that easily, let alone justify the damage. Maybe the cursed sword is such an overpowered weapon of mass destruction that this is worth it?
Feb 29, 8:23 PM

Jul 2008
We all know Ashaf isn't dead and saw this betrayal coming from a mile away.

Time to take care of business.
Feb 29, 9:13 PM

Feb 2019
Man I missed this show last week, kinda feels like we skipped forward a bit though because I don’t remember Helga lol 😩 . Loving her mini arc so far.

Poor thing just wants a boyfriend and some friends and ends up getting framed for these murders. Good thing she’s got Guideau and Aschaf on her side.

Everything with the murders was just too perfect. It was clear someone was pulling the strings from the shadows. Didn’t expect the commander to go out like that though, damn. His own sense of justice and duty used against him.

Now that Guideau got the demon sword I wonder how she’ll come save Helga. It’s been pretty cool seeing that not all witches are bad. Guideau painted them all as these evil creatures of chaos, and tbf the first few we’re introduced to are horrible, but clearly there’s some decent ones out there.
Marinate1016Feb 29, 9:20 PM
Feb 29, 9:32 PM
John Titor

Jul 2017
A little bit disappointed about Helga being one of "those" female characters obsessed with having a boyfriend. Yet, story wise, it was one of the most interesting episodes so long, especially the internal division among the paladins.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Mar 1, 6:03 AM

Jun 2023
It's finally back!!!!!!! Good episode, but i want more ㅜㅜ
Mar 1, 9:48 AM
Jun 2020
Perfect!! Insane!!
Mar 1, 9:53 AM

Jun 2016
amazing episode !!
Mar 1, 11:51 AM
Feb 2024
Reply to Swagernator
@Haninegharbi Well you watched the episode, so why you asking.
@Swagernator it came very late at my country
Mar 1, 12:16 PM

Nov 2011
was worth waiting, just bit less hyped
Mar 1, 3:08 PM

Jun 2010
Is it just me or did the animation quality take a nosedive?
Mar 1, 4:09 PM

Sep 2023
As unlikely as it sound, Guideau and Ashaf team up with Helga, a witch, in order to fight the Executioners. Most interesting act so far imo.

Mar 1, 10:24 PM

Mar 2007
That special corps ranks their cadre by ability, and the #1 guy is so powerful because he made a contract with a nature spirit, a Greater Ice Elemental! The fight is well choreographed with smooth looking animation, so this is why the episode was delayed. It was eye candy for sure!
Mar 1, 10:24 PM
Apr 2021
Yay we’re back after a week and I just gotta say this episode was full of them just being captured left and right, but I’m loving the villain in this bros proving to be a threat and that ice dude just got off’d by that flame whip woman was surprising bc bro proved to be a threat with that ice power he had that shit rivals Aokiji😭

Yo im ngl…the animation lowkey took a dive down which idek how that’s possible considering we’re only 7 episodes and they had two weeks off before this episode aired they could’ve did something special for this episode but I guess not😕

Poor Helga I need my girl to stay alive and make it out so she can have a boyfriend she seems to me to be a good witch and I hope she tags along with Guideau and Ashaf, the Demon Sword tho is tempting asf with wanting to be released, I wanna what happens when it’s drawn out👀
Mar 1, 11:49 PM
Feb 2024
Reply to Cosbuster
Is it just me or did the animation quality take a nosedive?
@Cosbuster what nosedive mean ?
Mar 2, 12:43 AM

Oct 2019
Classic betrayal.. It never goes old. The ice dude was supposedly self-righteous yet he did not hesitate to demolish much of the city..
Buildings, even historical landmarks (like that tower in the previous episode), do not matter apparently...
Mar 2, 7:07 AM

Jan 2021
For some reason I don't want the ice leader to die... uhh but it seems that Guideau will use her real body for the next fight! Can't wait for next week's episode!!

Mar 2, 2:28 PM
Mar 2019
Good episodie, main fight is very amazing.
Mar 3, 6:48 AM

Jun 2021
Ashaf is cool as always, I might just stick to the show because of him

ıllıllı 𝘚𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘺 : Cozii ıllıllı | ᑕᗩᖇᗪ ᑕOᒪᒪEᑕTIOᑎ | • • ᗪEᒪIᐯEᖇY • •
Mar 3, 1:36 PM

Oct 2016
Overall it’s a very good episode, but I am missing the detective / murder mystery vibes we had in the first few episodes. This story is interesting in it of itself, but I can’t wait to move past it so we can get back to what this show was before. (6.5/10)
Mar 3, 10:41 PM

Jan 2017
What a cliffhanger..
Mar 5, 8:40 PM

Jul 2017
The mission to retrieve Helga: a witch battle between the Paladin Corps's 3rd Commander, the Man of Ice, Matt Cugat and Guideau, the latter must concentrate on keeping her out of his way. Though his pact with an ice elemental to become a mage makes him even stronger, and Ashgan calling Matt his rightful owner, the Demon Sword must still be within their possession...yet, how to defeat Matt in his powerful stance?

For Helga, her wanting a boyfriend, but having her 6 potential victims in the past be killed, she really is that unfortunate, now with her and Guideau being captured by the Paladin Corps. Even more with Ashaf, who deems a negotiable word with Matt over the extent of the case, everyone starts fighting amongst themselves when it comes to the Demon Sword, and Helga is only a brunt of the setup in this case: the Executioners, which he's only speculating until the truth is revealed from within. For Helga to save Guideau, her only option is to draw Ashgan and stop the Executioners.

Is there any hope for Helga left, considering that she's been handling this alone all the while?
Mar 5, 10:16 PM
Jan 2014
TitanOfPlasma said:
A little bit disappointed about Helga being one of "those" female characters obsessed with having a boyfriend. Yet, story wise, it was one of the most interesting episodes so long, especially the internal division among the paladins.

I think they were more trying to show she just wants a normal life
Mar 13, 5:30 AM

Nov 2020
Not the worst episode
Mar 14, 3:59 PM

May 2015
We now have elementals and executioners with nefarious mind control magic. For all the scheming and backstabbing this episode, it seems Guideau wasn't taken into account at all. The executioners are going to regret that!
Mar 20, 5:15 AM
Mar 2019
Looks like Guideau will be unleashed again soon.
Mar 25, 10:10 AM

Jan 2014
Usual backstabbing plot. At least the scene is set for Guideau to unleash her true form.
Mar 30, 7:02 AM

Feb 2021
She looks like getting brainwashed...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 29, 5:40 PM

Aug 2019
There's no way Matt is being defeated so easily
Jul 12, 10:55 AM

Apr 2021
good episode. After Matt found out it was too late, Ashaf was still frozen. What will become of Helga? I hope Guideau comes back to save her.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

89 by frederico666 »»
Sep 14, 6:55 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21

39 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 3, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 14

56 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 28, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 7

49 by Matheus050 »»
Aug 21, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Majo to Yajuu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 28

37 by adbeaver »»
Jul 8, 8:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.