Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 14, 2023 8:56 AM

Nov 2011
To no one's surprise, Vermillo decides to take the stand for Helck. She is loyal and selfless so this doesn't come as a surprise. Helck is actually lucky to have her as an ally in this series.

It was also great to see the two spend some time together, even if its during a train ride. Lol, the song they played during those scenes sounded like an anthem.
Nov 14, 2023 10:34 AM
Aug 2020
it was a good episode

end of the flashback arc
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Nov 14, 2023 10:41 AM
Sep 2015
Finally the Helck-tortured fest is over and the show is now focus on how ridiculously strong he is instead of how weak his friends are.
Nov 14, 2023 10:57 AM
Feb 2022
otakuweek said:
it was a good episode

end of the flashback arc

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 14, 2023 11:10 AM

Dec 2021
Glad to be past the flashback arc; it was quite lengthy!

Despite the anticipation, Vermilio opted for a motivational speech over a hug for the unfortunate character, which was still impressive. The train sequence, particularly Piwi's proximity to Ann's head in the montage, was a highlight. Ann's humorous confession to the old village chief about defeating the big bad monster added a nice touch. Excited about the upcoming clash between Helck and Vermilio against the humans in the south.

Nov 14, 2023 11:30 AM

Jan 2023
Well, first of all, it seems we now know everything there it to know about Helck's past, and so the story gets back on track with Vermilio and Helck still trying to find the Empire.

That scene in which Vermilio comes clean to Helck, and the little speech that follows.... the most beautiful scene in the entire series so far imo :)

Glad to see comedy is also back: we got a few amusing moments in the train, and that reaction from the chief's village when he learns the monster is dead, haha!

Last but not least, our heroes seem to have a plan, let's see what happens in the next few episodes :)
Nov 14, 2023 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
Piwi can make friends out of everyone, Ann- I'm sorry Vamirio finally told Helck her true identity since she understands him better and believes in him, we are finally back on track with the plot. Rafaed is still quite complex and difficult to understand, sure we know he is just as evil as Mikaros but he keeps telling Helck to just go live a long life far from all the problems.
Nov 14, 2023 1:28 PM

Jun 2015
A little more Helck reveal, Anne current reveal. At least this show understands distances between locations and Piwi got in some train knowledge. But I can smell it, its a tangible feeling in the air, the Squeepigs are routing and they are coming to destory this universe with a barbaric magic simply know as snow. What will be left if all is turned to monstrous demons planet wild. Helck and Vermillio stand as the last bastions of hope for this world!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 14, 2023 1:46 PM

Feb 2019
Nah man I need to see Mikaros die a very painful death because what the fuck. He’s not only stolen the lives of tens of thousands of innocent people via the awakening, but he won’t even let Cless die with dignity. Keeping him alive as a walking piece of meat just made me so angry. I can’t imagine how mad Helck must’ve been.

We finally have helck’s complete backstory and know how he got to the demon empire. Even Vermirio was moved by how messed up his backstory was, finally coming clean about her true identity and what a beautiful moment it was!

Seeing a big guy like Helck moved to tears was really sweet. He’s been holding all that in for so long and now he finally has someone he can fully trust. Looking forward to the rest of their adventures and seeing them take out the human king. I think there’ll probably be some twist though. Something seems off about that king.
Marinate1016Nov 14, 2023 1:51 PM
Nov 14, 2023 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
And the "flashback" reaches the end.

With Helck revealing that the King dying won't really solve anything, as all Humans would just go Berserk afterwards. So they need to actually find a way to revert the spell...

Also, Helck didn't really mention the "New World" monsters nor did Vami comment on it when Helck talked about the Flashback when the 3 Demons turned into monsters.

(Where the New World monsters were part of the "humans experimentation")

___ ___ ___

Tho at the very end, Azudora assigned Helck and Vami to go kill the Human King... but Azudora obviously didn't know the parts that Helck just told Vami..

I wonder if Helck and Vami is still going to try and kill the Human King knowning all other humans will die afterwards...

Makes me think that Azudora would have a different strat against the Human threat if he knew what Helck knows, lol... Especially since it seems like Helck is going in a giant circle back and forth

Helck start > Human world growing up > Demon world to fight boss > Human world incident > Demon world teleported to > Demon world border next to Human world > Demon world traveling back to > Human world going to kill the King (maybe...)

LOL...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 14, 2023 4:13 PM

Mar 2019
Our Hero PIWI is Back!!! Party Time! 5/5....

Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Nov 14, 2023 4:47 PM

Dec 2018
a lot of touching moments; azudra apparently has a sneaky plan and i can't wait to see what happens. it's a smart move but it can be difficult. btw anne called him a friend!
Nov 14, 2023 5:00 PM

Sep 2020
Raise the designated white flag to catch a ride on a cool ass train.
Nov 14, 2023 5:47 PM

Mar 2017
This series really fell off the last 3-4 EPs

what the heck happened?
Nov 14, 2023 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
We finally escaped the flashback. Piwi will save us now
Nov 14, 2023 6:52 PM
Apr 2023
Glad we finally finished that backstory arc and moving forward with the current timeline.

Now we will see how the Empire will play as the diversion and move the kingdom's gaze away from Helck and Vermilio who are both slowly inching their way into the inner territories to take down the king himself.
Nov 14, 2023 8:34 PM

May 2019
Finally the flashback arc is over and while long it was pretty good IMO. Now Vermilio fully understands and trusts Helck, and she revealed her true identity to him. Azudra's plan sounds good but I'm sure there will be setbacks and/or more surprises.

Even though this episode was mostly serious I get a kick out of Vermilio's expressions such as the one here:
Nov 14, 2023 10:23 PM

Jul 2008
The train was an ingenious way to cut travel time. XD

Also, Helck's tear… (sniff)

By the way, did you notice the green ball Piwi took? I wonder if that will save the day during the final battle…
NoHeartNov 14, 2023 10:26 PM
My candies:
Nov 15, 2023 1:33 AM
Apr 2018
Reply to epyon4light

what the heck happened?
@epyon4light because of very long flashback arc
Nov 15, 2023 1:52 AM
Feb 2022
The scene at dawn was very well done. I couldn't help but notice that the village's monster was created by an evil wizard.
Nov 15, 2023 3:24 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Reply to epyon4light

what the heck happened?
Weird train ride montage! Also, cracked up at the old dude explaining the super powerful, unbeatable monster that Helck already defeated.

@epyon4light ---> "what the heck happened"

Such a wasted opportunity.
Nov 15, 2023 3:57 AM

Oct 2017
Finally back to the present after the tragic backstory which was okay overall. I like it more in the present. Good to see Vamirio chan and she finally revealed her identity.
Nov 15, 2023 4:40 AM

Jun 2021
They can finally go back. The backstory was pretty good imo. Nice, they'll really take Piwi with them.
Nov 15, 2023 7:09 AM
Jul 2019
I'm not convinced by Zelgeun's character 180. It's so abrupt.
Nov 15, 2023 7:12 AM
Sep 2021
Learned the whole backstory of helck now anne after hearing this has given helck her firm support.
Nov 15, 2023 8:27 AM

Jul 2016
Gonna miss Anne from management, but man am I glad for Vermillio to officially recognize Helck as a friend and to see Piwi back. The harpy is a lot of fun too.

It's almost comical how the demons just keep outshining the humans when it comes to humanity.
Nov 15, 2023 12:34 PM
May 2017
let's gooooo journey to defeat the king of humanity
Nov 15, 2023 8:12 PM

Mar 2008
Longest flashback ive seen in any series before. Helck shedding a tear kinda made me teary too. Im glad Vermilio actually finally told him who she was.

The subs i watched wrote Vermikens for some reason near end of episode wtf why are pro subbers so inferior to good fansubbing groups of the past.
Nov 15, 2023 8:29 PM
Mar 2015
Things just keep getting worser and wworser
Nov 15, 2023 9:21 PM

Mar 2007
So finally we get to the end of the flashback sequence.
* Helck and the empire, even Cless, all got played by Mikaros
* Poor Alicia is awakened as an angel
* Helck is portaled elsewhere, ending up in the Demon realm
* Vermilio accepts his story, then reveals who she really is!
* The duo is found by a harpy scout
* Azudra's plan to attack is to create a diversion so the real assassins, Helck and Vermilio, can kill the human king.

I got to say, I am enjoying Azudra's brains a lot.
Nov 16, 2023 6:41 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
THis was quitethe emotional conclusion to the flashback as things start getting back to business. Helck feels remorse for witnessing the awakening and not bieng able to save anyone as he was mocked and felt quite the wrath. That didn't even save him as he got transported to the demon lands and the rest is history.

Ann's confession to Helck is her way to convey her trust and with a new sheinanigans in the second half the dynamic doesn't feel quite the same as before. Vermilio feels more open, Helck's smile is much more understandable and Piwi... well Piwi is just Piwi. Let's see now what comes off from Azudra's plan.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Nov 17, 2023 8:09 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
So yeah they indeed withstand the awaken but for sure had some personality change and drunk by the power switch. Too bad that the Alicia fate still unknown, making the theory over the helmet redhaired was her kinda strong. Not to mention the daughter of Raphaed still unknown, creating my level of interest raising up again. I may need to read the source till the real end....

At last Anne called herself out and finally acknowledge Helck as one of her friend, taking the half hero slayer hero as a token of acknowledgement. Helck on the other side still calling her Anne, which so funny. Meanwhile, Piwi, keeping the cheep! Dat burning the monster part tho supposed to be more funny, i believe. Then the train part, must be skipped hard there.

But then again back to the topic. Enough to return Varmikin. Its time to execute Azudora plan to get back to the human place, and slay the king to stop the awakening disease for good. Imagine, if Harpie unable to locate Anne tho. The rest of episode is about Varmikin and Helck wandering around...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 17, 2023 3:37 PM

Jun 2019
traed said:
The subs i watched wrote Vermikens for some reason near end of episode wtf why are pro subbers so inferior to good fansubbing groups of the past.

Well, "chan" and all other Japanese honorific titles don't exist in the English language, and unlike some Japanese loan words which have been commonly accepted into and understood within the context of usage of otherwise English writing and speech (words like sushi, karaoke, tempura, samurai, sake, etc.), it's generally believed that honorifics would not be among the general population (obviously among anime watchers and especially dedicated/hardcore anime watchers the percentage is a lot higher). In that light, I can see the sense behind replacing it with a suffix meant to convey affectionate addressing of someone in as close to an equivalent as possible of what would exist in English.

I'm of two minds on this. I don't really care all that much if honorifics are included in English subtitles without translation, omitted entirely, or substituted out for viable English equivalents. If the series is set in Japan, I lean toward the side of it probably making more sense to keep them in untranslated. But if a series is either explicitly set in a foreign country (whether Western or anywhere else) or in a fictional polity of some sort in a high fantasy world where our Earth doesn't exist (this is Helck), then I think it makes more sense to either omit entirely or substitute depending on the context. Since to a non-Japanese viewer in the audience it can seem odd as to why demonstrably non-Japanese characters are using a Japanese naming convention.

But I tend to prefer the omission rather than the awkward substituting which can come across as heavy-handed localization. But in some cases, like the context of the dialogue where it was used in Helck, it would have to be substituted versus omitted as it's directly referred to several times.
WatchTillTandavaNov 17, 2023 3:42 PM
Nov 17, 2023 6:10 PM

Feb 2021
She finally reveal her true identity :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Nov 17, 2023 6:45 PM

Mar 2008
@WatchTillTandava
I didnt consider that since it just fails so bad at making it sound cute lol Old fansubs a lot just use the honorifics though with a setting like this i can see why they wouldnt but I liked it that way where it fits. Nowadays it occasionally is still done even by pro subbers but they are more reserved on it. It was cute seeing Western otaku attempt at using honorifics all the time.
traedNov 17, 2023 6:49 PM
Nov 20, 2023 12:54 AM

Jul 2021
Finally, we end the pain, the backstory comes to a close and we move on to the present world and resume the journey. Hearing Piwi's voice brought my joy back.

Next, we will see Azudra's plan in motion, I wonder if they will be able to adapt the whole manga in the next 5 episodes. Manga readers is it feasible?
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Nov 21, 2023 10:17 AM

Jun 2015
Totally just rewatched this eps waiting for the next one
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 AM

Jul 2017
Helck's flashback arc, on full display for Vermilio to understand, it's a tragic one. Even Zeruzeon has transfigured into an awakened soldier that Helck wanted to supress so badly, it's Mikaros who happens to be still alive, which fuels Helck's power that the king isn't the end goal, but Mikaros rather. And that power of Cless, is how Helck ended up teleporting to the demon realm, being saved by Kenros. Indeed, the demon realm treated Helck like a human, learnt from the misadventures in the human realm that Helck needs to defeat the humans. To that extent, Helck wants Vermilio to hold onto the Hero Slayer sword, and she finally reveals herself as one of the Empire's 4 Demon Lords.

Helck, Vermilio and Piwi on the way back via the train and continuing on the way to a village that the chieftain stays stationed outside to warn visitors of a monster...and within a split flash, Vermilio laying waste to the monster calls for celebration, with Harpey coming in to give a report on Azudra. as well as a letter that tells them not to head back to the Empire, but head for the human realm instead, their diversion Plan A, which involves both Vermilio and Helck going straight for the kill.

The plan is in motion...
Nov 29, 2023 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
That arc was really fucking good. I also like the Empire's plan of a counter offense. The goal was to get back to Empire has turned into, "Let's take the fight to them." Now that's a 9k IQ play.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 9, 2023 10:11 PM
Jul 2020
Pretty nice, after the heartbreak I got from ep 18.
Dec 25, 2023 3:18 PM
Dec 2021
Harupi-chan is just so adorable, I loved it! Harupi-sama <3 we love you. Honestly, I would love to see her take on a main role too <3 in an alternative OVA series.
Jan 4, 5:46 PM
Mar 2023
I’m so confused is Rafaed a good guy? Bad guy? A bad guy with a good heart? A good guy forced to do what Mikaros wants? Is the King really in charge or Mikaros? Like Rafaed never got in Helcks way. He keeps giving him advice though not on how to stop it. And keeps telling Helck to get away and even tells him to settle down somewhere safe and live out the rest of his life. Is that because he knows Helck is the only one who can stop it and is playing good cop bad cop with Mikaros? It’s so hard to know what he is, he doesn’t have weird powers like Mikaros that we know of, he doesn’t have black aura around him. But then again the demon who was tied up tried to warn Helck of Rafaed when he was approaching saying he was the New World guy. So maybe he’s the king? He’s the only person who hasn’t been in the same location where the King was. So maybe he really is the King and he’s playing good cop and trying to get Helck to give up so he can do whatever he wants. But if he wants to destroy the rest of the world and have his awakened hero’s around then no matter where Helck is he will have to face them eventually.
May 28, 11:43 PM

Feb 2019
whoa...helck and anne are promoted to "assassin" category lol i thought harpey won't find them; good thing she found them before this episode ended lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
May 28, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.