Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S-Rank ni Natteta Episode 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 19, 2023 7:27 AM

Nov 2011
Indeed, Angeline is a bit afffectionate towards her father. Even got teased for it.

Looks liked this episode deals with mostly Angeline and Belgrieve reconnecting again. Given her personality, it looks like she really wanted to prove herself and to her father. It's one of those episodes where she showed a lot her pride and potential. I do find it amusing how much she defends her father though.
Oct 19, 2023 7:28 AM

Apr 2016
Well, to be honest, and to give Ange some credit, The Red Ogre seems like not the worst nickname one can be stuck with across the adventurers world, to be fair.

Now, i've seen some people mention this already, but it really seems like the ranks of adventurers fluctuated over the decades ... like a lot, i mean the dad is an E rank ? And he's like a monster when comes to fighting.

Also, some tough dad pep talk at the end, harsh, but necessary.
Oct 19, 2023 8:20 AM

Jan 2023
So it was Ange who came up with the 'red ogre' nickname haha, we kinda got to see why with that duel at the end!
I also really liked the moment the father discover that Miriam is a beastfolk, and how he reacts.
Hilarious to see Ange is quite the crybaby with her dad despite being an accomplished S-Rank adventurer.

Lots of fun and adorable moments in this one!
Easily the best episode so far imo :)
Oct 19, 2023 8:28 AM
Sep 2015
She can beat her dad after all, I'd be worry a lot too if an active S-rank adventurer can't beat a retired E-ranker.
Oct 19, 2023 10:11 AM
Dec 2022
I feel it focusing too much on the dad. I hope that they ditch the dad complex soon.and focus one the story more it feels like they trying to make a harem out of this for dad. so far no fight really seems like that much of a fight. I mean the dad is a real good MAN. and I respect him. but I just hope that the show doesn't manly focus on the dad landing chicks. but focus more on the world and adventure. the first episode was soo good a easy 10/10 and was so heart warming and I had high expectations after that.

if this dad gets girl after 30's keeps up in upcoming episode I have to see this anime in a hole other new perspective.

I me it's fine now because it's been 5 years since she saw her dad she was 10 or 11 when she left so she still childish with him and loves him but seriously what with all the other girl
will we have to see the girl fighting over dad ?
I hope in the new episodes it's starts getting into the main story

what are your thoughts
Yeshaiah2015yeshOct 19, 2023 10:25 AM
Oct 19, 2023 10:18 AM

Dec 2016
Ange's childish and jellousy tantrums towards her dad have been quite grating on my eyes. I always loved Anne and Miri for being the normalized or more down to earth characters in this fantasy world. I love Miri even more now that the cat is out of the bag and all her mannerisms with her hat in the early episodes have been explained without words.
Oct 19, 2023 10:46 AM
Dec 2022
Swagernator said:
Well, to be honest, and to give Ange some credit, The Red Ogre seems like not the worst nickname one can be stuck with across the adventurers world, to be fair.

Now, i've seen some people mention this already, but it really seems like the ranks of adventurers fluctuated over the decades ... like a lot, i mean the dad is an E rank ? And he's like a monster when comes to fighting.

Also, some tough dad pep talk at the end, harsh, but necessary.

I don't think the ranking was fluctuated in time. but her dad is overpowered or too strong. he literally fought with a dragon solo when he was just a e rank (he might be a beginner) and survived only losing a leg. I think he doesn't knows just how strong he is.
after the defeat with the dragon he just quit if he had continued after he healed up he would have easley reached s rank that's what I think.

let's like the story of a hero who quit after a little big loss. maby he continues to start adventuring with his daughter's party in next episode considering all the increase in monsters activities . we might get to see just how strong he really is
Yeshaiah2015yeshOct 20, 2023 12:51 AM
Oct 19, 2023 11:09 AM

May 2019
It was nice seeing Ange reconnect with her father and bringing her friends along. We also got to see why Ange's friend Miri is always wearing a hat but the Red Ogre's misunderstanding on that was funny.

I think if Ange's father had not retired from adventuring he'd also be an s-rank adventurer and on that note I hope that he does get back to adventuring given that there are more monsters than ever and the guild needs all the help they can get.
Oct 19, 2023 1:17 PM
Nov 2018
I like it. I just wish they showed more of Belgrieve and Ange's match to show they are the "Red Ogre" and the "Black Hair Valkyrie." I am a little biased. I really enjoy the LN and just want this to be good.
Oct 19, 2023 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
funny to see all the "same scenes" between small Ange (ep1) and grown Ange (ep4) lol

and ofc the pink hair girl's ears scene was funny too, dad thought she had cold ears hahahaha
fav "new" girls from spring <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Oct 19, 2023 5:34 PM
Jan 2022
wish we had more sparring to really gauge his strength. we know he handled an a rank fine but when his s rank daughter *actually* tried she bested him. but there's a lot of room between the higher ranks and even within them for variance.
Oct 19, 2023 6:22 PM
Aug 2015
Liked it buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ... the obsession with the father is getting REALLY awkward. :/
Oct 19, 2023 6:57 PM

Feb 2019
she's finally reunited with her old man! FINALLY! i thought they'd drag that on, coz if they did, it already got old at the end of second episode IMO.
Oct 20, 2023 12:57 AM
Dec 2022
helldraco said:
Liked it buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ... the obsession with the father is getting REALLY awkward. :/

I
agree it's feels so awkward for me
Oct 20, 2023 1:21 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
helldraco said:

I
agree it's feels so awkward for me
@Yeshaiah2015yesh she what pepole call daddy girl. you know like those spoiled rich girl but ange not rich
Oct 20, 2023 1:24 AM
Dec 2022
Elior21 said:
@Yeshaiah2015yesh she what pepole call daddy girl. you know like those spoiled rich girl but ange not rich

yah i get it but if it's keeps counting it gonna feel more like a SUGAR DADDY. I don't want that to happen that's all
Oct 20, 2023 1:56 AM
May 2014
I'm convinced the dad lost his leg to a demon lord which forced him to retire. If he didn't retire early, he probably could have reached S rank as well. He just needs the confidence to not underestimate himself.
Oct 20, 2023 2:42 AM

Apr 2016
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
Elior21 said:

yah i get it but if it's keeps counting it gonna feel more like a SUGAR DADDY. I don't want that to happen that's all
@Yeshaiah2015yesh If that's what you want to interpret it as, doesn't mean others will as well.
Oct 20, 2023 2:47 AM
Dec 2022
Swagernator said:
@Yeshaiah2015yesh If that's what you want to interpret it as, doesn't mean others will as well.

what topic are you talking about?🤔
mention some details
Oct 20, 2023 5:04 AM

Apr 2012
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Swagernator said:

mention some details

Their father daughter relationship isn't "sexual." You may be eluding to it, but somehow, you're kinda insinuating it. Angeline simply has an overblown and unrealistic idolization of her father.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 20, 2023 5:21 AM
Dec 2022
Janethan23 said:
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:

mention some details

Their father daughter relationship isn't "sexual." You may be eluding to it, but somehow, you're kinda insinuating it. Angeline simply has an overblown and unrealistic idolization of her father.

@Janethan23
if I my have offended any of you then I apologize for not being specific about my comment because I already did a comment on it now then.
what I meant was not for Ani but the other girl.
all I meant to say was being soo clingy after grown up makes me feel awkward. but I didn't mean anything sexual like what your imagining in your mind.

if you had read my other comments before this one you can see it clearly that I mentioned her being clingy to her dad was fine for now because it's been 5years scinc she last saw her father but she should stop it at some point.

you your self are a female would you hop on to your dad front spreading your legs wide open and clingy to him. I don't know if you do that or you have a daddy complex. but it's not ok to continue doing it even if they are related by blood or not. I have a big sister of my own she came back from abroad for study's like 3 years. she just gave a huge that's all.

that's why I said she should stop doing that at some point and should know how a growing woman should behave. don't lump me together with you and your hideous thoughts.

all I said that she should stop what she's doing soon.
and learn her father is a person of his own. and I to think of him has a good and respectable father and person
Yeshaiah2015yeshOct 21, 2023 5:57 AM
Oct 20, 2023 5:40 AM
Dec 2022
Yeshaiah2015yesh said:
Swagernator said:

mention some details

@Swagernator
and you when are you going to give me an answer
Oct 20, 2023 8:24 AM
Apr 2023
Cute episode.

Nice that Angeline finally got to have a vacation after all those years she's away. She also brought Bel new 'daughters' (Bel now has Mem-cho (from Oshi no Ko) as his new daughter).

Angeline being a S-rank adventurer now have grown to be a bit better than his father - but she is still the darling doting papa's girl she has always been.

This really is becoming a sweet series. I guess it being scored low as it is being compared to the manga adaptation. It indeed has some bit content cut off that might make it more interesting to more people but it is what it is.

Oct 20, 2023 10:07 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
Papa and daughter time is way too wholesome. Really enjoy their time together. Don't care for other stuff. Wish I could see their day to day life moments instead.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Oct 20, 2023 11:48 AM
Jul 2022
Is Belgrieve just really good and doesn't know it? Perhaps he never progressed beyond E rank because he didn't take on higher-ranked jobs? It seems like the creature that took his leg was likely one of the homunculi; he likely doesn't know that though, so he sees himself as someone who was crippled by a normal low-level monster.
Oct 20, 2023 11:49 AM
Jul 2022
Reply to helldraco
@helldraco

It's weird because she left home as a 12 year old, and is still only 17. She hasn't really had time to form an adult relationship with her father yet, plus this is anime so she's acting extra childish.
Oct 20, 2023 3:33 PM
Oct 2016
Reply to jcadle
Is Belgrieve just really good and doesn't know it? Perhaps he never progressed beyond E rank because he didn't take on higher-ranked jobs? It seems like the creature that took his leg was likely one of the homunculi; he likely doesn't know that though, so he sees himself as someone who was crippled by a normal low-level monster.
@jcadle He got crippled on one of his first jobs then moved to a farming village out in the sticks. I'm sure if he stuck with it, and didn't run into what amounts to the areas raid boss he would have easily reached S-rank.
Oct 20, 2023 3:47 PM
Jul 2022
Reply to Raistlarn
@jcadle He got crippled on one of his first jobs then moved to a farming village out in the sticks. I'm sure if he stuck with it, and didn't run into what amounts to the areas raid boss he would have easily reached S-rank.
@Raistlarn Our guy got spawn-camped, lol.
Oct 20, 2023 11:05 PM

Feb 2018
Four episodes in, and no real plot or character development for anyone. Throw away side characters, and pretty boring.
Oct 20, 2023 11:45 PM

Mar 2008
This was among the best episode just because Ange is so cute when she interacts with her dad. I'm still not sure if he's actually weak like he says or if he's insecure so he thinks he is weaker than he actually is. I was kind of hoping he would go adventuring with Ange, but maybe it would happen later some.

winddevil1 said:
and ofc the pink hair girl's ears scene was funny too, dad thought she had cold ears hahahaha

I didnt find it funny in a 'haha' way but funny in the sense of him having a sort of cute naivety and kindness that threw her off surprised.

helldraco said:

Nah, if you want to see a really oddly obsessive immature daughter watch The Familial Circumstances of the Irregular Witch. This will be absolutely nothing after you see a single episode Lol
Oct 21, 2023 12:09 AM

Oct 2022
I love how Ange is still being clingy to her father without any hesitation while having no uncomfortable or awkward feelings in a father-daughter relationship. Even though she is already in her rebellious phase, she still act very childish.

Oct 21, 2023 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
Back to Orphen, Ange is back safe and sound, and that's all that matters for Belgrieve as the Daddy's Girl hugs him close. But the matter with the Bordeaux family trying to drag Ange's father off according to Helvetica, Sasha's older sister, it got a little heated, but Ange eventually calmed down. That said, giving Belgrieve his Red Ogre title, he feels a bit embarrassed, but for his daughter to spread his name far and wide, it certainly is anonymity broken, and what more to face than the duel between father and daughter, which he still manages to beat her like it's nothing. Some things just never change...

After a bath, some dinner as a family together, though the revelation of Miriam as a beastfolk, Belgrieve's not too hung up about it, and Ange gets jealous as per usual being a father con. But the conversation about the Demon King and beyond, Belgrieve fears that Ange would end up the same as him, and gruels her seriously, and she did outwit him, just the same way as before.

A father-daughter relationship like this can be sweet, just try not to push too much.
Oct 22, 2023 9:54 PM

Sep 2021
This episode was boring. Too much generic Fantasy stuff, no comedy, not enough emotion behind the reunion and zero plot progression.

Well, I hope next episode will do it better.
BisalissyOct 23, 2023 9:50 AM
Oct 23, 2023 7:41 PM

Jan 2019
I haven’t read the manga, but after what I’ve seen at the moment, it feels like Belgrave is either holding back something, or he himself didn’t notice how, over the years after the end of his career as an adventurer, he became stronger
Oct 24, 2023 12:45 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Ok fr now this anime be wildin

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 24, 2023 4:54 AM
Oct 2021
Is this Anime going to get better ? Or should I dropped ??
Oct 24, 2023 7:01 AM
Dec 2022
AhmedSaber_98 said:
Is this Anime going to get better ? Or should I dropped ??

just watch the 5th episode you get your own answer it's best someone decides by them self's.
I think the next episode gonna change the course of the anime
Oct 25, 2023 12:23 AM

Jul 2019
Miriam being a beastgirl was a pleasant surprise (if it has been mentioned earlier I must've missed it).
Oct 26, 2023 10:08 AM

Mar 2013
Ange is so adorable here in this episode... owo
I get to watch a wholesome episode without much conflict. Ah... it's great watching something like this. It's sweet and a pure sweetness at that. I miss Sugar Apple Fairy Tale.

The cat girl seems more interesting now than she was before. I get to see another side of her. That's character development and I need more...
CrazyButNot4UOct 26, 2023 10:15 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Oct 26, 2023 12:02 PM

May 2020
The interactions might be a bit overblown, but I love to see them time and time again, and moreover with Ange sort-of competing with Ane and Miri over her father's attention at that.

Red Ogre is a cool nickname, so I'd suggest Belgrieve not to get worked up over that lol, and at the same time stop giving such scares to Ange.
Nov 9, 2023 9:45 PM
Jun 2012
Another is improvement. I'll continue with the series.
Dec 30, 2023 12:12 PM

Sep 2012
she held back so dad would pick her up after that hit lol
Jan 22, 5:12 PM
Jan 2023
Ah so Ange was the one that came up with the name "Red Ogre", interesting. Seems she was also holding back a bit too, just so her dad would pick her up. She only got serious when he threatened to disown her.

Whatever ended up taking away Belgrieve's leg appears to be the same type of entity as the one that Ange went up against, interesting.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S-Rank ni Natteta Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2023

34 by traed »»
Apr 18, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S-Rank ni Natteta Episode 3 Discussion

Swagernator - Oct 12, 2023

28 by Yabasawa »»
Feb 28, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S-Rank ni Natteta Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2023

24 by JaniSIr »»
Jan 22, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Boukensha ni Naritai to Miyako ni Deteitta Musume ga S-Rank ni Natteta Episode 2 Discussion

Swagernator - Oct 5, 2023

49 by whitebeartigtig »»
Jan 20, 10:10 AM

» Season 2?

Grimm0123 - Dec 21, 2023

8 by RioAl »»
Jan 16, 8:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.