Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2023 10:46 AM

Nov 2011
Well as expected, Helck had his hands full when going up to that castle. I mean, seriously, this was very expected from the start.

What is interesting how is perhaps Azudora and his wanting for..peace? He seems like a complex individual but definitely not to underestimated given his status as an Elite lord.

Oct 17, 2023 12:15 PM

Dec 2021
Damn, it's quite a surprise that the noble who sheltered them played a significant role in the events involving humans. I wonder if fear drove him to desperation or if he was just not made for it.

Yet another cliffhanger ending, and now we have to wait a whole week... The backstory is truly interesting. I'm curious if it will conclude in the next episode or the one after that.

Oct 17, 2023 12:22 PM

Jan 2023
A very interesting episode.
We got some fun moments (Alicia going on a 'date') and some dark ones.
Helck seems very confused, I can see why.

That new op grows on me every time I see it, so catchy!

Oct 17, 2023 12:26 PM
Sep 2015
I'm glad that Helck doesn't hesitate for a bit to stand up for something he believe it's good. The problem is, he lack the information to know which side is good or bad, can't blame him cause I also don't know the full situation here. But at least Helck is still exploring, even if he already announce that he'll side with the demon.
Oct 17, 2023 12:34 PM
Feb 2022
Oh I'm starting to lose hope for this anime. Not because I don't like it, it might even turn out to be a favourite but at this pace the story will need two seasons with two cours each to get a good conclusion. I don't trust the anime industry giving it that much.

It doesn't help that the last couple episodes is a long agonising road waiting for the inevitable tragedy. I need to know it gets enough episodes to tell the story to stand this!

Guess I'll have to try feeling good for Helck having nice friends for as long as I can...
Oct 17, 2023 12:59 PM

Oct 2017
Get the hint Helck, he's just too dense.

Well nothing surprising that humans aren't reasonable. Quite sure there is someone behind how the humans started thinking the demons are bad guys.
Oct 17, 2023 2:43 PM
May 2022
Reply to Gl0rp
Oh I'm starting to lose hope for this anime. Not because I don't like it, it might even turn out to be a favourite but at this pace the story will need two seasons with two cours each to get a good conclusion. I don't trust the anime industry giving it that much.

It doesn't help that the last couple episodes is a long agonising road waiting for the inevitable tragedy. I need to know it gets enough episodes to tell the story to stand this!

Guess I'll have to try feeling good for Helck having nice friends for as long as I can...
@Gl0rp From what you said, can i assume you have read the manga?
Oct 17, 2023 2:46 PM
Aug 2020
so we are still on the back story...

it was a good episode
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 17, 2023 3:07 PM

May 2019
Another cliffhanger ending but at least we're getting more info as to how the awakened heroes came to be. I don't blame Helck for being confused as he has received opposing information and it appears that the guy that showed up at the end will explain how the heroes were awakened.

My guess is that they are being injected with a drug and, depending on dosage, can make them go berserk as showed by the 3 demons that were tied up. On a side note it was funny how Helck did not understand that they were trying to set him up on a date but the timing couldn't be worse given everything that's going on.
Oct 17, 2023 3:19 PM
Feb 2022
Dan_ALves said:

Nope. Conjecture and hints we've got so far is what I'm basing my views on. Not very solid, granted.
Oct 17, 2023 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
It's been a cliffhanger after another, why can't the episodes last like an hour, it is great to see how much of a goofball Azudora was when he is so wise. I don't want the tragedy to strike Alicia and the rest : (
Oct 17, 2023 5:10 PM

Mar 2007
Lots of information in this episode.
  • Helck meets and after a little fighting talks to Azudra.
  • He came back to make a grave for his dead comrades. Which is actually something admirable
  • Cless defeated Demon Lord Thor, who desired ... PEACE?? But how? why?
  • Seems the demons want peace too, and the castle that Cless messed up was actually stopping the new monsters from spawning.
  • Before Helck can say anything there's a bunch of mercenary casualties outside the Capital Walls
  • Nobles closed the gate behind them, and only Helck's friends made it back alive, everyone else died.
  • They're horribly injured, the Captain and co captain went to argue with nobles.
  • Helck was looking for them when he comes across an execution of 3 demons
  • Before he can "stop" it, they transform, go on a rampage and are cut down by newly reborn heroes. Hmm.
  • He sees the captain, they go talk
  • At the end of the episode, one of Cless' companions meets Helck with urgent information

Well that was a LOT of info dump in 1 episode. I can't wait to find out what is really behind all these resurrections. I wonder if they're being powered by Cless' life force??
Oct 17, 2023 5:27 PM

Sep 2020
Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 17, 2023 5:41 PM
Mar 2019
I feel someon is going to die soon.
Oct 17, 2023 7:33 PM

Feb 2021
The second half is turning out to be so good damn
And Alicia is cute
Oct 17, 2023 7:54 PM

Jul 2016
Learning why Azudora seemed weirdly cool with Helck was pretty sweet. Helck's hatred for humans keeps making more and more sense.

Also, Alicia's thing for Helck is equal parts adorable and tragic (both because of what she eventually becomes and for how dense he is)
Oct 17, 2023 8:39 PM

Jul 2021
From the hints we got in the last couple of episodes, we can assume that the Kingdom is using Cless to awaken heroes artificially.
“There are only two types of people in the world--those who became otaku and those who didn't--and the latter just can't understand what the former is so excited about."--Ono Norihiro

Oct 18, 2023 1:01 AM

Feb 2021
A little bit of a flashback episode. Can't wait to see the whole story about what's happening in the human realm until they become like that :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 18, 2023 4:35 AM
May 2022
Reply to Gl0rp
Dan_ALves said:

Nope. Conjecture and hints we've got so far is what I'm basing my views on. Not very solid, granted.
@Gl0rp That´s fine. The manga has a really good rating, so I´ll save my opinions for when the show ends.
Oct 18, 2023 5:51 AM
Jun 2013
Well, many of us were suspecting the sage and finally is almost sure he is behind creation of the (future) angels. Only him?

Like someone said before I also think he uses Cless blood (or similar) to create them.

Also, the monsters are definitely unrelated to the demons, I'll use the word demons for Azudura and company. I personally buy Azudora's words though there always can be a twist.

It's true the part where Azudora says "the demon lord let Cless win as a gesture(?)" is weird. I don't even remember properly because of how weird it sounds.
Oct 18, 2023 5:54 AM

Jul 2017
With Helck presuming that his brother Cless has been lost to the Demon Lord Thor the Peacemaker, he sets out on his own, which he meets Azudra who got a shock seeing him. But Azudra maintains his stance that the Demon Realm wasn't the one responsible for unleashing the monsters on the human realm, the truth's the same as before that they're only a fraction of the entire Empire, and they have no intentions to go against humans. That's where he got the invitation to become the next Demon Lord, and as the truth previls, Helck fears that his words will not make waves, unless there's someone in power that can do the influence.

Helck is relieved that his fellow friends are fine and all, but they're forced at the hands of nobles to be shut away from the town, to which both Edil and Alicia fought back to no avail. Not even Helck's words could soothe the humans' hatred on the demons, but they recognize his position and want to preach the truth out, to which when Raphaed shows up, the true nature of the demonkin comes alive, only to be slaughtered by the knights. Even worse, the Kingdom's declaration of the newfound power with the Winged Knights, nobody would've thought that they would become a menace being the New World.

Damn, the couple time with Alicia and Helck, that was for the sweet moment, which even Edil promises good for the dense musclehead. But one of Cless's warriors needing help, what exactly is that request?
Oct 18, 2023 7:26 AM
Apr 2023
Helck really was in a frustrating situation.

But damn, boy - you had Alicia in a more frustrating predicament.
Oct 18, 2023 11:42 AM
Oct 2017
this is a moronic setup that i can't take seriously
lives are on the line, but helck chooses to stay silent, its too contrived
mechanikillaOct 18, 2023 11:49 AM
Oct 18, 2023 1:18 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to mechanikilla
@mechanikilla What's moronic is trying to explain to an angry mob how their mortal enemies are actually misunderstood good-guys, and expect these people to listen and be mindful! What's contrived here exactly? Helck did decide to tell the truth to people he trusts though. People he knows can be reasoned.
Oct 18, 2023 7:22 PM

Mar 2008
A human likely has to be the one turning demons into those wild forms. My guess is they were experimented on in order to do the same thing on humans once it had been perfected.

What a twist of fate the guy who saved Cless is the cause of much of the strife for Helck.
Oct 19, 2023 2:40 AM
Oct 2017
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
@mechanikilla What's moronic is trying to explain to an angry mob how their mortal enemies are actually misunderstood good-guys, and expect these people to listen and be mindful! What's contrived here exactly? Helck did decide to tell the truth to people he trusts though. People he knows can be reasoned.
@Sigmar-Unberogen
[1.] That's what i'm saying, but its more than just that, speaking to the mob wasn't just a moronic waste of time, it was a moronic waste of life, it even made things worse because now the people think he's just a monster sympathizer.

[2.] Potentially he's just been informed of life changing information, a demon proclaiming that monsters are sourced from the land & are the enemy of both demons and humans.

[3.] Potentially people may have been focusing on the wrong enemy, when monsters actually have some completely other source, and worse yet humans have been killing not only the unrelated innocent.

[4.] Potentially killing the demon lord actually escalated the problem, and the demon lord was protecting humanity from an even greater amount of monsters. Meaning humans have brought even more death upon their kind.

[5.] If demons aren't the enemy, then the nobles who proclaim it so are not worthy of trust, and may even be sinister.

[6.] Lives are on the line, every second counts, not understanding your enemy will lead to greater loss of life. every second he wastes increases both human & demon victims, but also the crimes of humanity. Not just humanity suffering but humanity creating suffering unto itself and others. which in-turn invites retaliation/deserved punishment upon them.

[7.] He arrives to find the nobles have committed human sacrifice, further proving their crimes & inability to protect humanity.

[8.] After all that he's out here wasting time & life, bumbling around, playing with friends, leisurely strolling through town, instead of immediately reporting to the first trustworthy persons.

[9.] Every second he waits puts into doubt the validity of his findings & makes them less convincing, he doesn't even need to say he believes the demon, just say enough to make people want answers to the true nature of events.

[10.] All he needs to do is potentially; put into question humanities actions, to reveal humanities crimes, and correct their mistakes before more have to suffer.

[11.] What's contrived is; all this to pad out time, to allow things to get worse, that Helck is a perpetually blind buffoon, and hasn't learned a single lesson, the lack of any character development, while the plot steamrolls everyone. the absolute deprivation of urgency

& No, in the end Helck didn't tell anyone, maybe he'll get round to it next episode, but its only lives on the line, nothing important.
The last half of the episode was just a void, a forgettable morass of nothingness, this pacing ruins my immersion & puts into doubt the writing quality.
mechanikillaOct 19, 2023 2:50 AM
Oct 19, 2023 3:49 AM

Mar 2012
Reply to mechanikilla
@Sigmar-Unberogen
[1.] That's what i'm saying, but its more than just that, speaking to the mob wasn't just a moronic waste of time, it was a moronic waste of life, it even made things worse because now the people think he's just a monster sympathizer.

[2.] Potentially he's just been informed of life changing information, a demon proclaiming that monsters are sourced from the land & are the enemy of both demons and humans.

[3.] Potentially people may have been focusing on the wrong enemy, when monsters actually have some completely other source, and worse yet humans have been killing not only the unrelated innocent.

[4.] Potentially killing the demon lord actually escalated the problem, and the demon lord was protecting humanity from an even greater amount of monsters. Meaning humans have brought even more death upon their kind.

[5.] If demons aren't the enemy, then the nobles who proclaim it so are not worthy of trust, and may even be sinister.

[6.] Lives are on the line, every second counts, not understanding your enemy will lead to greater loss of life. every second he wastes increases both human & demon victims, but also the crimes of humanity. Not just humanity suffering but humanity creating suffering unto itself and others. which in-turn invites retaliation/deserved punishment upon them.

[7.] He arrives to find the nobles have committed human sacrifice, further proving their crimes & inability to protect humanity.

[8.] After all that he's out here wasting time & life, bumbling around, playing with friends, leisurely strolling through town, instead of immediately reporting to the first trustworthy persons.

[9.] Every second he waits puts into doubt the validity of his findings & makes them less convincing, he doesn't even need to say he believes the demon, just say enough to make people want answers to the true nature of events.

[10.] All he needs to do is potentially; put into question humanities actions, to reveal humanities crimes, and correct their mistakes before more have to suffer.

[11.] What's contrived is; all this to pad out time, to allow things to get worse, that Helck is a perpetually blind buffoon, and hasn't learned a single lesson, the lack of any character development, while the plot steamrolls everyone. the absolute deprivation of urgency

& No, in the end Helck didn't tell anyone, maybe he'll get round to it next episode, but its only lives on the line, nothing important.
The last half of the episode was just a void, a forgettable morass of nothingness, this pacing ruins my immersion & puts into doubt the writing quality.
@mechanikilla Glad to know that humanity has such an above everyone else member of the species as you, that know exactly how to react coldly in every situation and can asses the way that everything would work if a machine and not a human would get a task.

Now let's see.
First of all, Helck has always been portrayed as naive, optimistic and a bit of dumb. So him trying to appease to the mob by explaining with his little understanding of what Azudra told him, with, at the same time, being awkward as that shattered his beliefs is pretty in character.

He has been given information that contradicts everything he knows and is trying to find an answer, explanation and who he can trust.
After the mob incident, he started to doubt the info Azudra gave, which is logical when you have grown with a enemy portrayed as twisted and manipulative, why should he believe him instantly?
To make matters worse, the only person in the world that helped him in his moment of more need, that raised him and provided for his brother and him, and thus, someone with the highest degree of trust Helck can place onto someone, just told him to dismiss it as lies and continue with the common narrative.
Why would someone that has always looked after me and helped my family suddenly lie to me in this matter? Not only that, but also one of the highest ranking officials in the kingdom to add value to his word.

There are no lives currently in the line. He is there with his friends because the awakened are out there protecting that lives you say are being wasted, it was already shown but I guess you would have the power to watch the world as an spectator if were to end in Helck's place.
He is a mercenary and has nothing to do, the lands got safer and put them out of work, which relates with the point where he is, pondering who he can trust, what degree of what Azudra said should be believed and to whom should he talk that will listen carefully and provide support instead of blind rage.
At most it has been what, 2-3 days? This things are not lightly to a human being, we are not machines.

He is not, at this point, someone as grandiose. He is a construction worker turned mercenary. To do that you ask from him (revealing crimes, correcting mistakes, etc) he needs his brother (in critical condition) who is the HERO and thus, the one the mob will listen to.

Pacing is not ruined, Helck is learning his lessons, you seem to forget that this is a flashback and this is the point in where he learns this lessons, and since he learns them, is why he is now telling them to Vermillio.

But all of this, of course, might be too plain for a perfectly oiled machine with a 2000IQ, able to understand and solve every issue in matter of seconds, capable of reaching with a perfect presentation and motivational speech to an angry mob about a matter he learned a few hours ago and that knows everything that is happening like he was an spectator from outside the world instead of someone involved in situations that he wasn't prepared to be, oh wait.
Bet you also think basic empathy is a superpower and not a basic human trait.
Waifus only represent ideals
Oct 19, 2023 9:53 AM

Jul 2017
The mystery is about to be revealed.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey there

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oct 19, 2023 10:09 AM

Jan 2021
So, there'll be a few flashback eps, but i've gained immunity for flashbacks thanks to One Piece! Bring it on!
Roxy

Oct 19, 2023 3:47 PM
Oct 2017
Reply to CorbanEsp
@mechanikilla Glad to know that humanity has such an above everyone else member of the species as you, that know exactly how to react coldly in every situation and can asses the way that everything would work if a machine and not a human would get a task.

Now let's see.
First of all, Helck has always been portrayed as naive, optimistic and a bit of dumb. So him trying to appease to the mob by explaining with his little understanding of what Azudra told him, with, at the same time, being awkward as that shattered his beliefs is pretty in character.

He has been given information that contradicts everything he knows and is trying to find an answer, explanation and who he can trust.
After the mob incident, he started to doubt the info Azudra gave, which is logical when you have grown with a enemy portrayed as twisted and manipulative, why should he believe him instantly?
To make matters worse, the only person in the world that helped him in his moment of more need, that raised him and provided for his brother and him, and thus, someone with the highest degree of trust Helck can place onto someone, just told him to dismiss it as lies and continue with the common narrative.
Why would someone that has always looked after me and helped my family suddenly lie to me in this matter? Not only that, but also one of the highest ranking officials in the kingdom to add value to his word.

There are no lives currently in the line. He is there with his friends because the awakened are out there protecting that lives you say are being wasted, it was already shown but I guess you would have the power to watch the world as an spectator if were to end in Helck's place.
He is a mercenary and has nothing to do, the lands got safer and put them out of work, which relates with the point where he is, pondering who he can trust, what degree of what Azudra said should be believed and to whom should he talk that will listen carefully and provide support instead of blind rage.
At most it has been what, 2-3 days? This things are not lightly to a human being, we are not machines.

He is not, at this point, someone as grandiose. He is a construction worker turned mercenary. To do that you ask from him (revealing crimes, correcting mistakes, etc) he needs his brother (in critical condition) who is the HERO and thus, the one the mob will listen to.

Pacing is not ruined, Helck is learning his lessons, you seem to forget that this is a flashback and this is the point in where he learns this lessons, and since he learns them, is why he is now telling them to Vermillio.

But all of this, of course, might be too plain for a perfectly oiled machine with a 2000IQ, able to understand and solve every issue in matter of seconds, capable of reaching with a perfect presentation and motivational speech to an angry mob about a matter he learned a few hours ago and that knows everything that is happening like he was an spectator from outside the world instead of someone involved in situations that he wasn't prepared to be, oh wait.
Bet you also think basic empathy is a superpower and not a basic human trait.
@CorbanEsp
Honestly difficult to decipher your writing & in trying to insult me, you've somehow insulted yourself, by comparing my reasonable thought process to an unobtainable goal, weird flex but ok.

Right away you're already straw manning, strangely fixating on something i never said, so off to a great start, way to undermine yourself.
I never expected nor implied that helck (an obviously conversationally challenged person) should try and sway such a crowd, nor that it even could happen, no its precisely engaging said crowd that is the waste of time, all that ever does is trigger their mob mentality and backfire on you, which just makes it harder to convince them later, and that he walked away from opening up to his friends, only to try convince strangers instead.

This so called trustworthy father figure noble has already lied, his words were put into doubt the moment the monsters attacked again, even though the promised true threat was excised.

It doesn't matter about facts, opinions or beliefs on the subject, what matters is the urgency of such information in the case that it's actually true, it changes everything about the status quo, which is why his inaction to discuss it, allows the chance for further unwanted consequences.
He even knows he's not the brightest, so why is he not immediately letting his intellectual betters figure out the facts themselves.
It doesn't matter how deep he understands it, he knows something is wrong or he wouldn't have tried to defend the tied up demons, he just needs to spit it out to his allies.

You seem to forget that within just the same day, a pile of corpses lay right outside the walls (done in by the hands of human sacrificing nobles), 3 monsterized demons almost killed the crowd and were killed in turn (conveniently when the main character arrived & the only person with a contradicting hypothesis), but apparently that doesn't constitute lives being on the line, apparently being at war also doesn't constitute lives being on the line either. quite permissive of death you are. should i really be considering your position on urgency? that's a hard pass.

As i said, all he needed to do was this action: "put into question humanities actions", to allow this potential consequence: "reveal humanities crimes, and correct their mistakes before more have to suffer."

He just needs to convey the events as they happened, but he's being all wishy washy, keeping it to himself, because the plot demands it, not because it's "in character", i can't believe a man would behave this way, especially when he's clearly not ideologically possessed, deep thinking, judgmental, and is like you said a naïve optimist.

"Bet you also think basic empathy is a superpower and not a basic human trait."
Sorry but i don't have the IQ to figure out how you're trying to insult me here.
mechanikillaOct 19, 2023 3:56 PM
Oct 20, 2023 2:05 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to mechanikilla
@mechanikilla Helck is a good natured simpleton and just got scolded by his adoptive father because he spoke to the mob. He can't quite grasp what's happening, but he already feels that peace should be pursued and that there's something evil that pushes against it. The best parts of Helck are about this subtle conflict that makes people violent and unable to just sit down and talk.
xdiespOct 20, 2023 2:44 AM
Oct 20, 2023 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Seeing as we into the 2nd series and we been doing some world building my squeepig snout is detecting fractures in the continum with this episode. Like when you hear the thundre rumble in the distance and you know a storm is coming
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Oct 20, 2023 2:16 PM

Aug 2013
So fucking dense, damn.

That doctor guy seems evil.
Oct 20, 2023 3:47 PM
May 2017
i love this damn show, go helck go
Oct 20, 2023 5:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh the first meet Helck with Azudora. A pleasant talk but still have a confusion to Helck side, especially since all situation still black and while, i can understand it well. But no not with Raphaed Sir getting manipulated too! What about his daughter, and more importantly, Cless?

I smell bad shit happened to the mercenary gang after those badly injured time from a mile. But when Alicia about to get her dating time with Helck succeeded, then suddenly get interrupted, my red flag experience already sent straight to the point right.

But eh? Still interesting to learn more tho. What leads to the current situation....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 22, 2023 7:11 AM
Sep 2021
Helck is still explaining the events in the past & helck was in a lot of confusion on whether humans/demons are correct. A lot of mystery is revealing little by little.
Oct 23, 2023 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
Helck, I like you but god damn man how dense you are! My mans spent his entire life just working out and neglected social skills
Oct 24, 2023 7:44 PM
Mar 2015
More backstory about how Helck became estranged from humanity
Jan 23, 5:13 PM

Sep 2014
Damn the backstory is still not over and we still have yet to get to the spicy parts too! Atleast the rest seems to make sense, power hungry king/nobles manipulating the people.

I do wonder where the demons came from though? Its a long way to the demon realm, there is toxin which would surely kill a normal human and the demons never really leave right?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Yesterday, 10:39 PM

Feb 2019
i wonder what made that noble that helped helck and cless when they were kids was up to. and how high up the royalty ladder is to be addressing the people instead of the king?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Helck Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2023

95 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:46 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2023

47 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:31 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2023

64 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2023

41 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Today, 12:07 AM

Poll: » Helck Episode 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2023

44 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Yesterday, 11:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.