Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 2, 2023 5:32 PM
Aug 2019
this is one of the best episodes of Vinland saga, like the events and the character developments are amazing in the ep also we felt the action that we were waiting for from season one 🔥🔥🔥 10/10
Apr 3, 2023 6:48 AM

Feb 2019
Skaldi2 said:
Poor ketil with his 2 dumb sons
He's the one who raised them.

Canute is playing really dirty.
downymaidenApr 3, 2023 7:02 AM

Apr 4, 2023 7:08 AM
Jan 2021
Tadinho do Olmar... Esse vai entrar em depressão profunda..!
Apr 4, 2023 10:14 PM

Dec 2022
The peakest of peak episode so far!
God i have been loving this series so far to the point idrgaf abt slow burn pace with development and all cause i've been lovin it xd

Apr 5, 2023 1:12 PM
May 2021
Finally the build up is getting over and I hope we see some action now in Ketil's farm.
Apr 6, 2023 5:10 AM
Jul 2013
The soliloquy in the last scene is amazing. They've done a great job adapting it. It's a really great line, very poetic. 

10/10 acting.
Apr 6, 2023 7:22 PM

Feb 2012
This episode really sold me on Thorgil. What a hype badass character.
Apr 8, 2023 7:20 AM
Jan 2018
Finally at the half-way point!
Apr 12, 2023 5:32 PM

Sep 2017
Is the tragedy about to unfold? I can't wait to see
خ
Apr 14, 2023 6:45 PM

Jul 2013
Quite an episode to end the first half of this season.

From the events of the last episode, one would actually think that a human individual would be able to learn from their previous mistakes. Apparently not in the case of Olmar, as he made a fool of himself once again. The action he pulled in front of the king is entirely his own fault, no matter how shameful it may be. Unfortunately, these 5 losers had an easy time provoking him with their comments and laughter.
Did Olmar seriously think that a duel would restore his or his family name's "honor"? There would never be a chance that he would only make things worse by doing this, right? Right?

If this duel had taken a normal course, Olmar would not have survived, but of course this was all part of Canute's plan. The 5 men were only used as bait to goad Olmar into attacking them, giving Canute not only an excuse to have Ketil imprisoned, but an even easier time for him to confiscate his farm.

However, Canute had not factored in the possible disruptive factor in the form of Thorgil, who was making short work of all his sent men. Thorgil is truly a beast with a sword. Ultimately, Thorgil, Ketil, and Olmar were able to escape with Leif's help, but with over 100 men heading towards Ketil's Farm, things are looking pretty bad.

Apr 15, 2023 12:40 AM

Jul 2021
This episode was straight gorgeous. Can't let a mans pride get wasted.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 15, 2023 1:53 PM
Oct 2019
amazing 10/10 love thorfinn
Apr 19, 2023 12:31 AM
Jul 2020
this is starting to reflect the story of berserk a bit. Canute is beginning to resemble Griffith, and somehow Thorfinn (Guts) is getting caught up in his plan of conquest. excited to find out what happens next!
Apr 20, 2023 12:02 PM

Aug 2020
4/5

I probably went too hard on Olmar last episode because my tolerance for his character after this one has decreased a bit but mostly thanks to his older Gigachad brother

Olmar gets bullied pretty hard, all according to Canute's plan overlooked by the coin guy. They literally made him cry and question his manhood & intelligence, which I would say would get any sane person to crack... which he does but to fail miserably. This reality check was much needed for his character and im delighted that we got it.

Thorgill chimes in to hard-ass his brother to fight his bullies. Olmar tries and succeeds, partly aided by the coin guy but quickly crumbles into insecurity yet again. Thorgill meanwhile, starts to butcher his brother's defiant mercilessly all the while enjoying it to his fullest. The animation really goes off as he starts beheading, chopping, ANNIHILATING everyone and everything in his way. I can even see the Thorkell comparison when it comes to bat-shit fuckery but Thorgill has it more toned down than his adversary. It would be crazy to see them fight in the future considering they're on the opposite conflicting sides now

Thorgill, having figured out Canute's deceit towards his father & his family, deserts his position and retreats back to the farm with his father & brother. Lief helps them escape with his own encounter with Thorfinn looming ever closer. Every pieces has been placed, now it's time to let em all loose is what I got from this run-time

Absolutely enjoyed the episode throughout. The facial expressions were the clear stand outs along with fluid sakuga moments. Emotions and savegery were both portrayed in a niche fashion. Very much looking forward to the next cour ~~
Apr 20, 2023 11:09 PM

May 2017
Another fantastic episode. The cinematography was stunning once again! I love this adaptation so much!
Apr 28, 2023 1:45 AM
Aug 2021
Pounding throughout the episode and the first half is finally over.
Apr 28, 2023 8:48 AM
May 2020
from bad to worse cos of olmar
May 1, 2023 4:54 AM

Mar 2021
Damn, lots of gore in this ep. I wonder in what direction will Olmar's character go now. Thorgil turned out to be quite sharp.

Canute really is cruel. He's joining up with Floki soon

Looks like almost every character is about to be at Ketil's farm. This could very well be phenomenal for character developments.

May 23, 2023 8:07 AM
Nov 2022
Brooo Thorfinn vs Canute will be soo wholesome
May 28, 2023 1:46 AM

Jan 2017
canute is annoying >:( leave the ketil family alone. i want ketil, his dad and the farm peeps to live a calm sweet harvest moon life and not deal with this shit
Jun 4, 2023 4:13 AM
Jan 2021
Canute's schizophrenia is getting worse
Jun 11, 2023 5:33 AM
Feb 2021
Stark700 said:
Canute's plan to take over the farm sounds like a much bigger plan it looks on paper.

Tension were high this episode as Olmar took in a fight on his own..a bit reckless if you ask me. Thorgil had no time for BS this episode and unleashed his wrath. Glad to see the anime kept it uncensored and the reality of what he's capable of. That was crazy. 
agree love Thorgirl for this
Jun 11, 2023 5:34 AM
Feb 2021
okwhynot said:
canute is annoying >:( leave the ketil family alone. i want ketil, his dad and the farm peeps to live a calm sweet harvest moon life and not deal with this shit
same, I want Canute dead, so painfully that he regrets everything
Jun 11, 2023 5:36 AM
Feb 2021
ParayBR said:
In Brazilian Law there is a premise: "If you find the Law in opposition to Justice, fight for Justice!". The older brother's attitude represented this concept a lot. Fighting for the family, the farm and your brother is fighting for your justice. As a guard, he could have opted for the law, but he sided with the family (justice). It looks great! Nice chapter!
I effing love Thorgil's principles
Jun 11, 2023 5:38 AM
Feb 2021
0451 said:
I know Olmar is pathetic and all, but I can't help but pity him. I wish he'd get some sort of growth.

I loved how Thorgil defended his family.

That scene with Thorgil killing all those men was so good. Unfortunately, they had to censor it a lot. Hopefully, in the Blu-ray it's completely uncensored.
on netflix it's not censored at all, him killing those men was so godly satisfying I came here to read the discussion and hate on Canute
Jun 11, 2023 7:06 AM

Jan 2018
ArekiViolet said:
0451 said:
I know Olmar is pathetic and all, but I can't help but pity him. I wish he'd get some sort of growth.

I loved how Thorgil defended his family.

That scene with Thorgil killing all those men was so good. Unfortunately, they had to censor it a lot. Hopefully, in the Blu-ray it's completely uncensored.
on netflix it's not censored at all, him killing those men was so godly satisfying I came here to read the discussion and hate on Canute
Really? Is there any gore? Because what I saw was that everything was blacked out.
Jun 12, 2023 7:33 PM
Aug 2021
Thorgil is NUTS. Crazy to see these scenes realized via animation.
Jun 16, 2023 9:49 PM

Oct 2013
Thorgil, what a beast he is when he can swing his sword! That action sequence looked really epic.

Poor Ketil. It is not clear for him and everyone else that his estate's situation is worse than bad.
Jun 30, 2023 11:17 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The contrast between the two siblings was beautiful.
Jul 11, 2023 1:41 AM

Feb 2021
So that was Canute's plan. I can see how much of a polar opposite he's becoming. I sure as hell never guessed that he would become like this when I saw him in S1.

Ketil has become muddled in all of this mess.

Thorgil is a beast fr. Even though those guards were fodder, he sliced them up in mere seconds. Olmar got his first kill and he doesn't seem too happy about it. Definitely not after he discovered that it was all set up.

Leif managed to smuggle the Ketil family and is searching for Thorfinn now.

It seems like Thorfinn and Einar will also fight during the siege on Ketil's farm. Floki will also be joining the fight.

Jul 15, 2023 8:11 PM

Aug 2019
They intentionally sent these people to get on his nerves. They’re setting him up, and now they have an excuse to take their father’s land away. I can’t believe they both fell for it. Duals are forbidden, how stubborn can they be.

Thorgil figured it out at least.

Canute, don’t do this, you’re falling for the crown’s curse. You’re becoming just like your father. You could’ve easily asked them to collaborate with you instead of relaying on underhanded methods. 

Leif saved the day!!
Jul 17, 2023 10:57 AM
Mar 2023
Lots of action, Thorgil is a consummate fighter.
Jul 21, 2023 4:03 AM
Aug 2021
So Canute's greed has got the best of him now a war for Denmark could potentially happen. I think he is forgetting how it got here in the first place. Vikings gave you your land they can also take it away😂😂. Ngl thought the DISRESPECT of laughing in Olmar's face was 2 much😂😂. His dad was right he said the crown would corrupt his son and he didn't listen😅😅. I am so happy Leif is going to get 2 see Thorfinn again. Another is coming which is unfortunate. Olmar must be in extra pain not only did he kill a man he realised he didn't do it alone. That is a double whammy on his conscious.
Aug 17, 2023 3:27 AM

Jul 2013
Looks like the climax is gonna be at Ketil's farm and everyone's gonna be there. Leif and Thorfinn will finally meet again, hopefully.
Sep 5, 2023 2:05 PM
Feb 2022
Brilliant as usual

Sep 9, 2023 6:06 AM

Mar 2015
Ooof setting us up for the second half in some style!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 1, 2023 9:46 AM

Jun 2017
Thorgil may be ruthless but at least he values his family. He looked so insane when he found out they would be against the king!

Exciting episode as usual. Canute is getting closer to Thorfinn.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Oct 18, 2023 7:43 PM
Jul 2023
On the edge of my seat. CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!!!!
Oct 19, 2023 7:58 PM
Jul 2017
Reunion coming???
Nov 11, 2023 6:55 PM

Nov 2010
He's wasting his blessings. If I were Olmar, I would've just stayed and managed the farm while screwing pretty peasant girls left and right.

Cnut is such a ruthless and cunning person. Both traits are needed to run a successful realm. If you are nice, you either become a figurehead or be assassinated.

I knew trouble was brewing on the horizon for Thorfinn, who swore he'd never hurt people again. I just didn't expect it would come from Cnut—a tragic reunion.

Excellent setup! The first half of the season showed what a good person Ketil is and the almost good life on his farm. The second half shows Ketil's misfortune to go up against Cnut. Thorfinn and Einar owe Ketil, so they'll defend the farm. I already feel bad for Ketil.
Nov 19, 2023 5:04 PM
Nov 2023
Its nothing like season 1. Iis this even the same anime wtf
Jan 9, 8:47 AM

Apr 2013
One of the best episodes so far, guess they did not think that Thorgil would intervene. Guess there is some brotherly love there after all and even Ketil survived.
Mar 10, 11:45 AM

Mar 2020
AAAAH This is the end 😑😔😔😔😔😔
Mar 12, 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
Canute's despicable plan was successful, even if he has to suffer several losses, Ketil's family fate has now been sealed.

Leave it to the King who would even kill his family members to make use of the weak-willed Olmar as the instigator of the fight, but Thorgill joining must not have been part of the equation. Still, I gotta say, although the manga did depict Throgill's killing spree. Seeing it animated is just a whole dimension of badassery. Man easily sliced a soldier's body in half, this guy is a fucking beast gahhdayyum.

The closeup shots of Olmar on the boat near the end were so picturesque. The sun Is setting, the boat is swaying and the OST is playing. This'll be the last bit of peace the Ketils can enjoy before their imminent clash against Canute and his army.
Apr 28, 5:58 PM
Aug 2021
very violent i liked it
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 23, 2023

249 by FarCritical »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

381 by Zekkenshin »»
Yesterday, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2023

170 by DWERGman »»
Jun 5, 1:01 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 16, 2023

214 by FarCritical »»
Jun 5, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Who is the most handsome Vinland Saga man?

Shizuna - May 24

23 by Nunofurbusiness »»
Jun 4, 11:22 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.