Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2023 12:04 PM

Jan 2021
My Favourite Anime is Fate/Zero, I've re watched the series six times which is the most I've re-watched any show. From its animation, story, characters, themes and designs. It wasn't my first Fate, but it the one I think is perhaps the greatest entry point to the series. 

Fate Zero GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
Also Saber is best girl. 

But what series are your favourites? 
Sometimes it takes a real man to be best girl. Gilgamesh is also chad.

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 12:22 PM
Apr 2022
Mine is probably Your Lie in April... The story I have with it meant so much to me that there's no way it couldn't be my top. I watched it for the first time, literally slept though every single episode. Thought it was terrible and gave it a 3. Rewatched it because I thought i was unfair and I saw the beauty of it... the same week I finished it, it went to my top 3. 
Honestly, my top 3 can change depending on how I'm feeling, so Rascal doesn't Dream of a Bunny Girl Senpai could be at the top. I've rewatched BGS like 9 times, but loses points because of the unrounded ending...
Mar 16, 2023 12:24 PM

Feb 2020
Yuru Yuri. I love the characters and their interactions soo much! Also, the soundtrack is very good.

SerafosMar 16, 2023 12:28 PM
Mar 16, 2023 12:24 PM

May 2019
My favorite show is Queen's Blade because I love sexy anime girls fighting in Bikini Armors.

Mar 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Nov 2016
My favourite show is Madoka. I love the sense of hope that shines through the suffering and how it has my favourite twist in anime that really flips the script and rewards a second viewing. Also, Yuki Kajiura's greatest OST imo.

Mar 16, 2023 12:38 PM

Jan 2021
ilyphysix said:
Mine is probably Your Lie in April... The story I have with it meant so much to me that there's no way it couldn't be my top. I watched it for the first time, literally slept though every single episode. Thought it was terrible and gave it a 3. Rewatched it because I thought i was unfair and I saw the beauty of it... the same week I finished it, it went to my top 3. 
Honestly, my top 3 can change depending on how I'm feeling, so Rascal doesn't Dream of a Bunny Girl Senpai could be at the top. I've rewatched BGS like 9 times, but loses points because of the unrounded ending...
I get that, as I've slowly watched more shows my top 10 have mostly remained pretty consistent now. However Fate/Zero and Monster constantly vie for supremacy in my heart. As Fate has my Waifu (Saber) and is part of my all time favourite franchise (Fate) it wins out 99 percent of the time. 

Serafos said:
Yuru Yuri. I love the characters and their interactions soo much! Also, the soundtrack is very good.

Not seen it, looks like a cute girl show... I'm I right. You never know some anime can be deceiving.

tchitchouan said:
My favorite show is Queen's Blade because I love sexy anime girls fighting in Bikini Armors.

Sexy anime girls is never a bad thing. 

Pixel_Vapour said:
My favourite show is Madoka. I love the sense of hope that shines through the suffering and how it has my favourite twist in anime that really flips the script and rewards a second viewing. Also, Yuki Kajiura's greatest OST imo.

Madoka Magica is within my top ten, did you also like Rebellion and the spin off series? I'm waiting patiently for movie 4. 

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
AnimePedestrian said:

Madoka Magica is within my top ten, did you also like Rebellion and the spin off series? I'm waiting patiently for movie 4. 

I didn't like Rebellion although movie 4 can definitely change my opinion of it depending on how it turns out. I think the individual aspects of Rebellion was very well done (especially the Homura v Mami fight, those gorgeous magical girl transformations, and the cake song is perhaps the cutest thing), it's just the ending I couldn't get behind, which is very unfortunate for me personally as I thought the series had a perfect ending. 

The spin off series was just there for me, kinda forgettable but the visuals were still decently done.
Pixel_VapourMar 16, 2023 12:48 PM
Mar 16, 2023 12:48 PM

Jan 2021
Pixel_Vapour said:
AnimePedestrian said:

I didn't like Rebellion although movie 4 can definitely change my opinion of it depending on how it turns out. I think the individual aspects of Rebellion was very well done, it's just the ending I couldn't get behind, which is very unfortunate for me personally.
I've heard its divisive - I really liked the story and the ending felt in-keeping with the series themes. I felt with the film Homura wish was properly deconstructed, as being more selfish as it originally was presented in the show. And that makes sense as she wished 'that she could save Madoka' not simply 'I want Madoka to be alive'. Obviously I have the quintet get a happy ending... after all the suffering. 

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 12:50 PM

May 2018
My favourite anime is White Album 2, it's overall a great depiction of a love triangle, a story about true love. Not to mention it's very nice to see how the story approaches the topic of loving two persons at the same time, and how far and how low you can go to pursue your true love, it's a story about all the wrong choices that makes us human, a tragedy permeated with very touching, believable and relatable teen drama. Honestly, I couldn't ask for something better, I love the visual novel so much and the anime is by far my favourite, top 1. I've re-watched it 11 times already.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 16, 2023 1:03 PM

Feb 2014
I like the Yoshitoshi ABe quadrilogy the most (Lain, NieA, Haibane, Texhnolyze). I like the aesthetic, directing and theme exploration.
Mar 16, 2023 1:07 PM
Dec 2021
Kono Oto Tomare!

why?
I'm Chika and Satowa at the same time. I'm also Kota some days and Takezou other days.
I was Sakai in the past and will be Takaoka in the future.

Just too many great characters, it's quite impressive tbh.
Mar 16, 2023 1:14 PM

Jan 2021
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam was one of my favourite shows, its probably one of the few shows that helped create my overall taste in anime. 

80s and 90s OVAs, TV Shows and Films.
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam | Gundam Amino Amino

After all if we as a community are going to move forward into the future, we must first unlock our newtype potential and start a revolution in the anime community, one wear we end the division within our community and online society!

To end all Waifu Wars in the Earth Sphere.
This is for you Lady Haman!
Mar 16, 2023 1:17 PM

Jan 2021
MarathonGuy1337 said:
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam was one of my favourite shows, its probably one of the few shows that helped create my overall taste in anime. 

80s and 90s OVAs, TV Shows and Films.
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam | Gundam Amino Amino

After all if we as a community are going to move forward into the future, we must first unlock our newtype potential and start a revolution in the anime community, one wear we end the division within our community and online society!

To end all Waifu Wars in the Earth Sphere.
Zeta Gundam has been pretty dope so far. 

The Waifu Wars ended when Nasu created Saber. 

Saber Fate Series Pfp - Ajor Png

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 1:32 PM

Sep 2017
Natsume Yuujinchou

I like its episodical nature and I like supernatural stuff, so stories involving youkai are pretty interesting for me
They're often quite emotional too and the main character is really relatable and loveable

This, and the setting in general. The backgrounds are gorgeous and I like the overall countryside scenery (I, myself, live in the countryside and I enjoy that)
Mar 16, 2023 2:02 PM

Jan 2021
AnimePedestrian said:

Simple as always, seeking an anime waifu that is visually pleasing and cute rather than finding one that can guide you and your actions.
Casval Char Aznable GIF - Casval Char Aznable Gundam - Descubre ...
But unfortunately it seems all of my Waifus are stock in the past, how can they guide me into the future. 
This is for you Lady Haman!
Mar 16, 2023 2:05 PM

Jan 2021
MarathonGuy1337 said:
AnimePedestrian said:

Simple as always, seeking an anime waifu that is visually pleasing and cute rather than finding one that can guide you and your actions.
Casval Char Aznable GIF - Casval Char Aznable Gundam - Descubre ...
But unfortunately it seems all of my Waifus are stock in the past, how can they guide me into the future. 
Saber | Wiki | Anime Amino
Saber is best girl. The wars ended, you must except this fact as an absolute truth. 

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 2:15 PM

Jul 2017
Monster left a big impression on me at the time I was watching it, absolute masterpiece when it comes to anime in my opinion. Besides it, Spice and Wolf is something I still love, and the lack of a third season hurts me deeply. Maybe I should just read the novel already
i'm dead inside

green potato curry is dope though
Mar 16, 2023 2:16 PM

Jan 2021
yuggieyoghurt said:
Monster left a big impression on me at the time I was watching it, absolute masterpiece when it comes to anime in my opinion. Besides it, Spice and Wolf is something I still love, and the lack of a third season hurts me deeply. Maybe I should just read the novel already
Monsters an awesome show, it often clashes for the number 1 spot for me personally. 

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 2:21 PM
Jul 2018
I would say Assassination Classroom because that was the first series I ever started getting emotional to. I remember being in High School watching the last episode at 1am just balling my eyes out and then at school just being so fucking sad lol. I still kinda get emotional when I listen to the final OP
Mar 16, 2023 2:22 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah, thinking about how old the show makes me realize my own age. Getting old sucks. But hey, we live in a time when other Urasawa works are being adapted. Now pluto, maybe 20th-century boys next, who knows
i'm dead inside

green potato curry is dope though
Mar 16, 2023 2:30 PM

May 2017
Hajime no Ippo, nothing else has ever got me as hyped as that did. I also love the cast and the comradery/banter they have. 
Mar 16, 2023 2:36 PM

May 2021
That would be Wolf's Rain and I actually tried to describe "why" recently, so I'll just copy-paste it here: 

Mar 16, 2023 2:42 PM

Aug 2012
There no such thing as best anime, there is only what you like and there can only be what you like since stating its best anime is highly subjective sentence therefore invalidating all your claims.

But I must state that Clannad is undoubtedly the greatest anime ever made period no arguments stand a chance against scientifically proven fact.
Clannad has been turned into one of Japan most revered Gods and worshipped by millions.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
Mar 16, 2023 2:44 PM

Jan 2021
Fate/zero is easily the best show I have ever watched. I have watched it multiple times already (only rewatched demon slayer more). From its animation, story, characters, theme and designs. It was my first fate and I do think that its the best entry point to the series.

Btw toosaka rin best girl.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Mar 16, 2023 2:47 PM

Jan 2021
yuggieyoghurt said:
Yeah, thinking about how old the show makes me realize my own age. Getting old sucks. But hey, we live in a time when other Urasawa works are being adapted. Now pluto, maybe 20th-century boys next, who knows
That be cool if more of his work gets adapted

[/center]
Mar 16, 2023 2:51 PM

Sep 2021
Mo Dao Zu Shi. No point in giving a full review here, but it has great characters, awesome world building, beautiful background locations, good animation, awesome music. But the best part is the engrossing story.
Mar 16, 2023 2:51 PM

Jan 2021
-YaoiBoy- said:
That would be Wolf's Rain and I actually tried to describe "why" recently, so I'll just copy-paste it here: 

Wolf's Rain is an awesome show. I honestly thought it was a Were-Wolf Anime going into it given I'd only seen the opening on Youtube.

SMGJohn said:
There no such thing as best anime, there is only what you like and there can only be what you like since stating its best anime is highly subjective sentence therefore invalidating all your claims.

But I must state that Clannad is undoubtedly the greatest anime ever made period no arguments stand a chance against scientifically proven fact.
Clannad has been turned into one of Japan most revered Gods and worshipped by millions.
Well that's cool, so Clannad is your favourite anime. This is purely  a subjective threat, tho Saber is best girl. 
FZREMAKE said:
Fate/zero is easily the best show I have ever watched. I have watched it multiple times already (only rewatched demon slayer more). From its animation, story, characters, theme and designs. It was my first fate and I do think that its the best entry point to the series.

Btw toosaka rin best girl.
Absolutely agree with the first point - Fate/Zero is my favourite too. And it really is the place to jump in and start Fate from. 

However Rin is not best girl - more so in Fate/Zero. As she's a wee little bit too young. 

[/center]
Mar 17, 2023 12:23 AM

Dec 2013
Fruits Basket 2019, 2020 & 2021.

I didn't have any expectations of s1, however it was indeed superior to it's 2001 alternative version.
After finishing s1, I thought I was done with the franchise. So when s2 was announced, I dreaded watching it, didn't have a reason to, but I did anyway. But after completing s2, my attitude had shifted. I went from not expecting anything and annoyance, to getting hyped up for s3.
Now the show is both my TOP anime and favorite franchise.
Mar 17, 2023 1:08 AM
Aug 2021
1001 Nights – a perfect example of what surrealism means.
Mar 17, 2023 6:54 AM

Feb 2018
S.D.F. MACROSS (1982) / S.D.F. MACROSS; D.Y.R.L. (1984) my personal Eternal Rock of Gibraltar that effectively single-handedly brought me into Anime,
 long before i was quite old or experienced enough to fully know or appreciate what Anime even actually was;

Mar 17, 2023 12:14 PM

Jan 2021
AnimePedestrian said:

However Rin is not best girl - more so in Fate/Zero. As she's a wee little bit too young. 

That's the best part fuck this character limit

Mar 17, 2023 12:25 PM

Jan 2021

FZREMAKE said:
AnimePedestrian said:

Bro... I honestly don't know how to respond to that. Here's Rin kicking Archer. 
Steam 커뮤니티 :: :: Amiya Rin

[/center]
Mar 17, 2023 12:27 PM

Jan 2021
AnimePedestrian said:

FZREMAKE said:
Bro... I honestly don't know how to respond to that. Here's Rin kicking Archer. 
Steam 커뮤니티 :: :: Amiya Rin
Ah damn I wish I was archer. Not only is he cool looking but he gets kicked by toosaka rin as well. Such a blessing.

Mar 17, 2023 12:49 PM

Jun 2017
Yugioh. It's got everything i like in fiction. Fantasy elements, creative monsters, a story straight out of an RPG Video Game, Mai Valentine, Tournament arcs, Megan Hollingshead voice acting, 
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Mar 19, 2023 2:24 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
My Favourite Anime is Gintama , I've re watched the series 5x times which is the most I've re-watched any show apart from Ranma .
From its animation, story, characters, themes and designs.. Gintama has everything..and covers every genre. it's something that can't be replicated again..

Mar 19, 2023 2:33 AM

Jan 2020
Oregairu is my favorite show so far, it taught me a lot about various social situations faced by teens in a high school setting and the psychology driving their interactions during their growth. The art style/music/characters are generally okay, although there were too many inconsistencies in Yukino's face in S3.

This show will receive an OVA on 27th April so I can't wait to watch it, despite the fact it will be dominated by Yui scenes...

Mar 19, 2023 6:18 AM

Jan 2019
You have W Taste.
Same, my favourite anime is also Fate/Zero. Though, I've never actually rewatch the show entirely.
Mar 19, 2023 7:21 AM

Jan 2021
NubFix said:
You have W Taste.
Same, my favourite anime is also Fate/Zero. Though, I've never actually rewatch the show entirely.
I've re-watched it six times, my most re-watched show. 

Fate/Zero Who Are The Heroes? | Anime Amino

Am a huge Fate guy, loved all the series so far. 

[/center]
Mar 19, 2023 7:55 AM

Feb 2021
My favorites are Candy, Candy because it is about altruistic girl, who became a nurse.

Gintama, JoJo, Conan, Saito in Another World - I like its charcters and plot so much.
Mar 19, 2023 8:10 AM
Jul 2021
Gonna have to go with Gintama. It did basically everything really well and Gintoki is one of my favorite fictional characters in general.

More topics from this board

» Most Disappointing "Good" Shows

Treatise - 9 hours ago

22 by Ba-Cii10 »»
13 seconds ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

622 by Shizuna »»
7 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9399 by anime-prime »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you think male ecchi for men could work as a concept?

Anjuro - Yesterday

32 by Nurguburu »»
21 minutes ago

Poll: » gay or gar anime

deg - Yesterday

10 by alshu »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.