Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 2022 3:15 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jun 19, 2022 4:35 PM
May 2022
OMG THE POSTCREDITS SCENE. Do you think there will be a second season??
Well, talking about the episode itself, for me is a 10/10, the island and the new characters that explain a little more about Ominae's past are great, specially the island, how beautiful science are.
Jun 19, 2022 7:00 PM
Sep 2021
I think it will get a second season, 7/10 for anime.
Jun 20, 2022 2:35 AM
Sep 2011
OK, is there anyone who knows which chapter of the manga should I start ?
Jun 20, 2022 11:50 AM

May 2018
- Wow, they sailed under captain Blackbeard, who's beard is actually white...
- Yeah. like you can dodge a Harpoon missile like that, also reaching the battleship so fast was weird.
- Wait, we crossovered with The Philadelphia Experiment?
- ...and with the legend of the Bermuda Triangle.
- ...and with a Harryhausen movie.
- The trees are made of metal here too.
alshuJun 20, 2022 12:22 PM
Jun 20, 2022 1:15 PM

Apr 2015
Just finished and... I want more lol

Solid 8/10 action pack series. I would rank the episodes like 5>3>6>4>2>1

Some off cg scenes, but funny enough just episode 1 had some weird shots everything else was fine. Episode 5 and 6 had some really good animation moments too.

I hope we get a sequel with the others arcs. Yu is a chad fun character to follow.

Also the full opening song is my obsession this week.
Jun 21, 2022 11:11 AM

Jul 2011
If will have 1 more season, was a good decision be a short season. I would had dropped in this episode. Now that everyone now have plot armor if you are in Yu group, unlike first 2 episodes.

And that nasty piece of poop had to appear again.
Jun 23, 2022 4:42 AM
Jan 2015
The animations, sfx were all good but for me this show has no development, every episode is the same, new relics/artifacts appears, they sent Yu, bad guy wants it, they fought for it and eventually the relic is destroyed. The fight sequence were all good too though, 5/10
Jun 25, 2022 11:48 PM

May 2012
I actually was quite impressed with this compared to the original ova, so yea it was quite a lovely watch, I just hoped they'd added something more about Atlantis, that would've been superb!
Jun 26, 2022 9:24 AM

Jul 2021
Idk if it's just me but there is something quite off-putting with the translations for this series lol but anyways it got some potential along the journey because I'm getting quite of a 90s charm to it, hope there will be a sequel because I just finished this whole episode overall felt like it could do a bit of work on the worldbuilding like adding more depth to the relics and such. Animation felt like it could improve but it was bearable, especially with the CG.

"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Jun 26, 2022 5:26 PM

Jan 2009
so that Bowman old guy was the instructor of Yu, too bad they have to do a deathmatch there

and yep Yu your group ARCAM is not always right but maybe its mostly right so keep your focus and do the right thing like Bowman said in his dying words

ARCAM is making weapons technology out of the ancient relics too instead of their goal of destroying the ancient weapons or seal it away from humanity

Yoshino is back too

and damn that ending scene another skilled soldier like Yu that has red eyes too like Yu whenever he is in the zone or in the flow state and he plans to kill Yu eh
Jun 28, 2022 7:18 AM

Sep 2014
CGI can look good, really good even. Especially technical movements look great in CGI.
So how does this look so bad?

Anyway, I enjoy these kind of episodes more than some lava snake gods.

Now Im actually kinda curious how this continues.

Overall this was fine. Double EP length fits well, but makes the story very episodic. OST well atleast it wasnt generic J Pop.
Not great, not terrible. 3.6 Röntgen. Netflix could certainly do better.
Comander-07Jun 28, 2022 7:22 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 30, 2022 3:49 AM
May 2009
Overall the experience was underwhelming.
Having seen the movie that was released. this version was not great in alot of ways.

I am after all comparing this to the Movie.
So that means animation, style, character designs, are all compared to it.

While it follows the Manga. I still can't help but feel that this would have been better under a different director and team.

Netflix shows tend to be CGI heavy, which isn't a bad thing, but the mix used here was jarring. The inconsistencies in the styles from scene to scene.

I would recommend watching the Movie if you haven't seen it. Movie being a movie and having a better budget obviously stands out more. But for me it fits the world.

I hated the fact they basically re adapted this for modern day. They should have kept it in the 90's.
Jun 30, 2022 8:22 AM

Feb 2021
This last episode really cool when Yu fight his mentor will of his might! Can't wait to see the second season if there are any...
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 4, 2022 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
Bruh that captain looks like Hulk Hogan! Ayyy Lara CroftYoshino is back.
Trident are back observing a mission with the U.S. Navy.
A real-life conspiracy this episode draws from is the Philadelphia Experiment and the USS Eldridge. I've never heard of the bomber on its way to drop a nuke on Tokyo but disappeared, it seems like that's an original element to the story.
Yu faces his old instructor who's left ARCAM for Trident.
Yoshino, who is known to have some sort of ESP (in the forest episode, she necromanced a self-mummified monk), picks up a trinket and sees a vision of the island's fate. Just like in the forest episode, Yu and Yoshino briefly team up with Trident for the greater good of preventing the island from swallowing up places on Earth. But once the nuke is setup to destroy the largest pyramid, the fighting resumes, and Yu is tasked with killing the man who taught him.
The last time Yu met a Trident agent, Yu was clear that if ARCAM went astray, he'd take them down. His former instructor betrayed ARCAM and his reason why puts further doubt into Yu's mind about the organization he works for.

Now they've left us on a cliff-hanger, who is the boy sent to assassinate Yu at his school (which is ARCAM funded)l? Is it trident or maybe ARCAM themselves out of fear Yu might take them down from the inside?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 14, 2022 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
TheArmoredTitan said:
The animations, sfx were all good but for me this show has no development, every episode is the same, new relics/artifacts appears, they sent Yu, bad guy wants it, they fought for it and eventually the relic is destroyed. The fight sequence were all good too though, 5/10

It's a trope, it's called Monster of the week.
Jul 24, 2022 11:51 PM

Mar 2019
This is my first time experiencing Spriggan. I really liked the concept for the most part. The science fiction, mystery, and horror elements were fantastic and often gave the show a really good eerie vibe. I enjoyed the action and was shocked by the amount of violence included.

I disliked the self-contained story format. Why would I care about Yuu's relationship with his master in the final episode when that's the first time we are introduced to him? Having a season long (or 6 episode in this case) narrative thread would have significantly increased my enjoyment of this series. I don't think the story needs to be entirely incorporated in every episode, but it would have been better if there was something to follow the entire time instead of offering self-contained stories with no relation to the others. I also disliked the characters. I guess Yuu is in high school to appeal to younger kids when the manga was being published, but I would have greatly appreciated if they had dropped that and made him older in adapting this. I find his personality obnoxious. The high school scenes aren't funny. And, Yoshino is an incredibly annoying side character.

The animation was a mixed bag. Episode 1 and 2 were really pretty. Things start to look rough around episode 3. By episode 4 I started to wonder if they spent all the budget on episode 1 and 2. The sentinel CG in episode 4 was laughably bad. Even some of the traditionally animated 2d footage started to look bad at that point. The good stuff looks great. The bad stuff looks laughably bad. This is a show of two extremes.
Aug 5, 2022 8:20 PM
Sep 2019
Season as a whole was pretty average. Things are set up for a second season, but if it follows the same direction that this season did then I can’t say that I’m looking forward to it. If this anime weren’t as short as it was, I honestly would’ve long dropped it. Just about as generic as it gets.
Aug 14, 2022 7:35 AM
Jan 2020
I didn't why would did they even bother remaking a Manga from the 80s without completely adapting it lol
Aug 20, 2022 7:13 PM
Feb 2022
i dont get all the hate for this show. with all its flaws it was pretty entertaining. it honestly reminds me a lot of Great Pretender though. different genre and art style, but same smug writing and plots full of holes. i’ll get hate for this, but i actually prefer this one over the other, despite not even liking action/fighting shows like this!
Oct 14, 2022 11:25 AM

Apr 2022
This was hot garbage. So disappointed; what could have been another “Akira” basically ended up being another generic shonen.

Episode 2 was possibly the most interesting and it introduced Jean who’s the most intriguing character, and after that it’s like the show completely forgot about him. Instead the annoying kid from episode 3 gets to show up in the finale. What a sick joke.

3/10. The story is episodic nonsense. Badass characters are introduced only to be forgotten about an episode later. The premise makes no sense (why hire a Highschool kid to do everything), Yu should have been expelled from school at this point, and the villains are all one note cliches. This really should have just been an adaptation of the first two episodes like the movie was and I would have been fine with it.
Oct 18, 2022 12:51 PM
Apr 2022
Concept was interesting. Ancient society with a great wisdom that has to be protected from other ancient evil forces. Anothology episodes mixing history and fiction. Storylines are unexpected. I lost some interest in the repetative action scenes though
Oct 19, 2022 4:17 AM

Jul 2015
Overall I quite enjoyed seeing Yu dealing with all these ancient headache-inducing stuff but just like the 1998 movie the characters could've been done better by for example giving them a backstory as they felt randomly introduced even though they have some past connection to Yu.

Dec 8, 2022 1:27 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Regular episode with open final for a second season!!!

I do not highlight anything else since it is still a transition episode, although it is the season finale!!! kekeke
Feb 21, 2023 8:53 AM

Nov 2012
Eh last ep wasn't great. Best ep was the forest one. I find it odd we didn't see some characters again, especially Jean, like he's just in one ep? Lol
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jun 11, 2023 5:09 PM
Jan 2021
I like Yoshino x Yu.
Jun 18, 2023 9:00 AM
Apr 2023
long eps but ovrall alr
Jan 24, 6:24 PM

Dec 2015
Although I'm not a big fan of this adaptation, I'm really glad that older manga are still getting a chance to shine during this confusing era.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spriggan (ONA) Episode 5 Discussion

dustinator1991 - Jun 19, 2022

13 by TheDrabRat »»
Sep 11, 2023 10:48 AM

» WHAT IS THIS TWEET!!??

Nashiro18 - Aug 16, 2023

7 by yoshZZ »»
Aug 16, 2023 9:38 PM

» Any news on a possible season 2?

Fullmettle - Oct 13, 2022

8 by astrogonza »»
Jul 3, 2023 5:05 PM

» 98 movie or 2022 ONA?

nexuro01 - Jul 1, 2022

9 by ChangeLeopardon »»
Apr 26, 2023 6:14 PM

Poll: » Spriggan (ONA) Episode 4 Discussion

dustinator1991 - Jun 18, 2022

11 by JVskunkape »»
Feb 20, 2023 11:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.