Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2021 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, if they want to help Vera, it's going to take more than just Shigure fighting alone.

Welp, we got an action packed episode with some catchy song through in. Shigure looked like he was fighting with everything he's got and pushing it to his limits. Pretty much used up everything he's had and dies like a video game hero lol
Dec 28, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2017
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" is Shigure's rhetoric to countering the Cultists, now that Shigure has experienced what Vera should've got: the whole EL-Cee extermination plot that just so happened to be Vera, past or future.

In the end, all the Sleepers and Vera fight hard to deride the awfully CGI rendered Scarred, and no matter how "Plus Ultra" this "fight" went, I don't see it as a fulfilling end.

Ultimately, this anime is just an atrocious mess. I know the mobage itself is decent and nothing amazing, but man does the anime just make the whole multimedia project look even worse.
Dec 28, 2021 9:52 AM

Dec 2010
I kinda both liked and hated it. The setting was interesting enough so they could've done much more with it, but I guess they were limited by only having 12 episodes.
I don't like how this ended up being another one of those shows where you absolutely have to play the game in order to even begin to understand the underlying reasons for everything that happened. Like what's the deal with Vera and EL-Cee, whatever happened to those guys worshipping her as the Child of God and, in the first place, what IS the Child of God? Not to forget Shigure's fate. Vera's line at the end hinted at his possible return.
I kinda enjoyed it so I'll give it a generous 7/10.

To anyone watching this with Funimation subtitles: The guy at the end isn't called "Shigure Daniel Kai", it's the protagonist from the game called "Wu Inominetas". You can thank Fuckimation for that one.
Dec 28, 2021 11:03 AM
Dec 28, 2021 1:44 PM
Sep 2019
Guess this was the only good episode well I will watch the sequel they took almost 10ep to explain main plot but now that we know the plot guess I will continue for this one episode
Dec 28, 2021 1:46 PM
Sep 2019
DarkDooM2 said:
I kinda both liked and hated it. The setting was interesting enough so they could've done much more with it, but I guess they were limited by only having 12 episodes.
I don't like how this ended up being another one of those shows where you absolutely have to play the game in order to even begin to understand the underlying reasons for everything that happened. Like what's the deal with Vera and EL-Cee, whatever happened to those guys worshipping her as the Child of God and, in the first place, what IS the Child of God? Not to forget Shigure's fate. Vera's line at the end hinted at his possible return.
I kinda enjoyed it so I'll give it a generous 7/10.

To anyone watching this with Funimation subtitles: The guy at the end isn't called "Shigure Daniel Kai", it's the protagonist from the game called "Wu Inominetas". You can thank Fuckimation for that one.

Big F and here I was hype he returned lol
Dec 28, 2021 1:49 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Somehow I was able to finish this and... man, what a disappointment mainly from what it showed in these last few episodes that were intriguing enough to catch my interest. The time travel plot started to unveil way too late, so many questions got unanswered and the characters were either too bland or very unnatural in their reactions and behavior. Everything came off pretty badly which is a shame considering that the elements for a potentially good run are there. But the direction was as if they were shooting themselves in the foot.

I like how not even the opening sequence is safe from this. Say, you have a pretty catchy song to go for a series of visuals that you could use as a trailer and by the end you have glimpses at what the episodes may be about in rapid succession. But for some reason you decide to add seizure inducing flashes throughout most of it. Why? Who was in charge of that decision? That ended up being as annoying as the mc was boring, as the cgi was badly integrated and as the whole subtext was well explained and expanded upon.

Safe to say is that I don't think I'll be going through a possible second season, as it seems to have been hinted at by the end of this finale. The game? I'd rather not either to be honest.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Dec 28, 2021 3:29 PM
Jul 2018
Commented on the anime: I thought it was very bad, like the CGI, and plot, characters, I didn't like it at all, commented on the ending I thought the death of Shigure was acceptable although the last scenes did not make me happy, I found it to be medium and very bad, a big disappointment.
removed-userDec 28, 2021 3:35 PM
Dec 28, 2021 3:55 PM

Jun 2017
Overall it was all over the place but at least it improved a bit near the end. I didn't find it that horrible but it was not super great either. I am in the camp which expected more from the title and synopsis. Too bad the actual asylum setting wasn't explored at all nor the famous sleeper syndrome. Let's not even get into the story threads that never got finished. What happened to El-Cee, who was she, why did she have that power, how did she end up as her future "Vera" self. So much missing stuff. That was Shigure at the end no? And did they just tease an S2? lol

As a watch and forget kinda series it gets a very generous 6/10 from me. If they do an S2 I really hope that horrible filter gets dropped along with the ultra shit CGI monsters.
Dec 28, 2021 8:48 PM

Dec 2020
Well the end is fine but I have no feeling over, didn't make me fall asleep nor exciting. What pique my interest is S2 with a new protag, is there a chance it could gets better?.. I'm honestly interested where the story will continue.
Dec 29, 2021 1:25 AM

Nov 2012
I'm a fool for expecting something in this season, well, Ousama Ranking is great, but 3 of my choices were turaash!

My Candies:

Dec 29, 2021 6:08 AM
Nov 2020
Bro really said put my opening song back on😂
Dec 29, 2021 6:27 AM

May 2021
Final episode and I sure am glad it is...
What a mess of an ending as well with Shigure dying.
Commander Vera is future El Cee apparently and it's not explained at all.

Hated this show a lot and the weird CGI monsters made it worse.
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 29, 2021 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
Well atleast there was a decent end, but the journey to get here was wobbly, unpleasant, and jarring as all hell.

Vera = El-Cee and how she got Aruka was unanswered, among many things. But I guess the last fight has something to say for it, really I'm glad its all taken care of....so what the hell is with that other Shigure looking so shit. And Deep Insanity: Asylum? I mean I appreciate the bait, but do we really need another one?

The last note I want to add about this show is that I can compare it to what happened to Hayden this episode. After getting himself figured out, he just give no fucks anymore and just killed himself by jumping to the pit backwards. As he leaves, he just laughs off to them and faded away, that's what Deep Insanity is really...
Dec 29, 2021 4:28 PM
Jul 2008
What happened to Shigure? He was dying but gave Aruka back to Vera, then disintergrate and showed up later as black haired grumpy person?

Shigure can go back in time, why he keeps pushing ahead when he was already dying but instead he gave back the Aruka so that he can die?
He can just retry again later with better strategy? Subaru(Rezero) did the same thing many times and succeeded, while the wimp hero can't even handle few more deaths.

Why everyone went on their own way? Is this a graduation in school anime ending?
Dec 30, 2021 12:36 AM

May 2015
Can someone explain wtf happened? This is making me Insane.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2021 5:04 AM
Mar 2012
Good teamwork boss fight with Sumire's guide, better than last ep mc repeatedly going it without proper planning or telling his teammates everything.
Surprised but well Shigure got the hero's sacrifice he looked up to, and they saved both Elcee/Vera this time.
Rather confusing end, or bunch loose threads for game promo? MC a gamelike death, so he respawns? But Leslie never respawns. Why Vera & her kid self can both exist at the same time, something magical about the Abyss or Elcee powers?
I did like the explained mechanic you can't kill your past self that constrains Vera's plans.

Weird show, slight better than usual low effort game ad. Started messy slow paced, bland characters, awful cg but balanced by good art & scenery. Midway rather late gained an interesting plot, teammates became not-strangers, some decent fights on better cg bosses.
Their backstories were ok, but too short. Larry & Kobato are disabled & had great potential backstories, but instead all brushed off. Vera had timetravel excuses to be a cardboard, but Subaru's way more entertaining with the same role.
Feels like good ideas, poor execution.
Dec 30, 2021 8:51 AM

Feb 2020
Shigure fulfills his main character role, playing the OP while tanking multiple tentacles at once without dying or showing any signs of defeat, which hentai women could never do. Then there's Kobato spending a whole mag trying to shoot a weird creature underwater. oh, please.

yeah, this is making me go insane too.

Lots of confusion unless I missed a couple lessons. Any idea what reasons this final boss has for attaining god-like power? Seems soooo much like a typical end-arc, especially when they were only introduced at, what, episode 10? 9? No feelings toward them whatsoever. Silly monsters were also just left as is, and no one ever went into more detail into em. thought they'd be fighting the core of these creatures, but in the end it was a person vs. person conflict. The creature problem is likely still a thing, especially with that dull slideshow with Vera speaking out to the frontline.. Then we have yet ANOTHER Shigure... like what? is cloning yourself a special addition to the time traveling technique??

anyway, the time travel shouldn't have ever been a thing. it's what made everything go from bad to horrendous.

honestly LOVE the animation.......... can't go wrong with stretching out PNGs, terrible (and shiny!) CG, horrid frame-by-frame play, constant camera panning......

SILVER LINK, please, just stick to animating CGDCT shows.
Dec 30, 2021 10:15 AM

May 2009
How could funishit fuck up such easy tranlation? It made last scene totally confusing. Guy at the end is protagonist of smartphone game - Wu Innōminātus and it's even written ウー・イノミネタス yet they translated it as name of anime MC.

bastek66Dec 30, 2021 10:21 AM
Dec 31, 2021 1:44 AM
Oct 2021
can someone explain to me what happened last 3 mins, i really mean : WTF???/
Jan 1, 2022 8:46 PM
Feb 2021
F por el prota
Pregunta cómo puedo descargar el juego si alguien me puede brindar más información estaría agradecido
Jan 2, 2022 2:01 PM

Apr 2016
The teaser was good, thus I started watching it but it’s been one of the worst series I’ve seen this year.
Jan 4, 2022 8:02 AM

Apr 2015
The core premise of the show was way too muted/complicated. They did put effort into the story but it was hard to grasp what exactly the characters were trying to do all season.
Jan 9, 2022 11:09 AM
Jul 2015
Deep Insanity: the lost child.

a fairly interesting anime when seen in trailers.... poorly executed in full.
the storyline itself really could have been explained better...

about Vera barely anything was known, as well as Leslie who died off earlier..
even though it was clear they were important to the storyline itself.
answers just appeared out of no where with at max a mediocre explanation.

this was definitly not a project made for only 12 episodes... a lot of helpful information was left out and just left people with huge questions marks..

I'm trying to keep my chill and not go in full bash mode, but holy honk, things should have been done differently in this one A LOT.

really dissapointed is I think the word resembeling my feelings about this the most.

it was a 3/10 for me..
Jan 20, 2022 9:50 AM

Jun 2019
My 180th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 5/10 rating.
Jan 31, 2022 7:22 PM

Feb 2012
This was a fine anime. The animation was good, it had its share of interesting moments, some characters were nice.
But the end didnt make too much sense, really. So I guess this is some sort of prequel for the game. The lost child of the tittle is the mc that died a the end, and he got replaced by the protagonist of the game. When Vera hints of the possible return of the anime mc, I guess that means the he will appear in some way in the mobile game or something. Its telling that you have to go full meta in order to make sense of the ending...
Anyways, I enjoyed for what it was.
Feb 11, 2022 1:51 AM

Jul 2015
Rip Shigure I guess. Could've been a good show but turned out very mediocre with a lot of things left unexplained where we barely know anything from the characters (like how the hell Vera is an older El-Cee).

Mar 1, 2022 8:47 AM
Aug 2015
The best part of the anime was the opening, hell I loved that catchy song!
But the rest? Chaos, confusion. o.o
Jul 24, 2022 12:33 AM
Jul 2022
Manu_ said:
This was a fine anime. The animation was good, it had its share of interesting moments, some characters were nice.
But the end didnt make too much sense, really. So I guess this is some sort of prequel for the game. The lost child of the tittle is the mc that died a the end, and he got replaced by the protagonist of the game. When Vera hints of the possible return of the anime mc, I guess that means the he will appear in some way in the mobile game or something. Its telling that you have to go full meta in order to make sense of the ending...
Anyways, I enjoyed for what it was.

My thoughts.

I hope Leslie can come back too, I mean how can he die like that? Vera's plan that Leslie was living for is not used in the end. And why the bastard guy with the scar who become a monster knows Vera's powers? Also, when Shigure stored the power inside the pyramid container I thought he will become like Vera, his adult self and child self will exist at the same time.
Oct 14, 2022 8:16 PM

Oct 2019
I was so curious about this show when it first came out.....and then i saw the CGI and dipped out of it.
Now its been about a year and i decided id go back to finish it once and for all.
Def was not an ending i was expecting from this show.
At least the MC got to be the hero but this anime was full of so many flaws
Characters were rather bland. I felt they were not fleshed which doesnt help with a 12 ep show. It took a while to get the story to pick up cuz the MC is trying to make the other characters like him and give us a tiny bit of depth to these characters.
We have time fuckin travel in this. Mind you, this is just time loop shit but still. Im ok with having time travel in the show.......but it doesnt make sense as to why Commander Vera is existing with her young self and im not inclined to read the manga or the games.
The BIGGEST criticism for the show aside from bad story and bland characters is the fuckin CGI. I wanted to vomit every time i saw it. Its truly bad. I dont know who decided upon it but they should have been fired.
Aside from that, there were things i liked overall. I liked the female character designs and the music was pretty fine. Leslie is prolly best character of the show.
Still stumped on my score of the show but 4 or 5 might be the highest im willing to give this show.
"Perfection is perception. For me, humanity's imperfections is what makes it perfect"

Mar 13, 2023 2:30 PM

Aug 2012
I feel weirdly like I was insulted by this show.

While the show itself isn't honestly that terrible as a general viewing experience (I watched 6 episodes in a row two nights running to finish it) I'm still totally bemused by how bad it was in so many ways.

The animation in parts is what sticks out the most at a glance and yeah it's pretty bad but then I've seen far worse CG, only problem is most of that is from 20 years ago and even then I've seen far better too in shows of a similar vintage.

But what I found most frustrating was the complete lack of effort to explain practically anything to set all this up. From what I understand now this series is a middle chapter, spin-off or whatever between a manga and the video game. But let's be frank most viewers coming to this series are never going to interact with either of those and while that doesn't mean the show had to explain everything I personally would've liked at least an attempt. This show barely touches on what the Asylum is (btw the splash screen at the end implies the game is the sequel, its subtitle is Asylum. Not that the Anime will get one) or what the Randalf Syndrome really is (remember that?). Neither does it even touch upon if memory serves that a substantial portion of the earth's population are in a coma (that is where the misleading synopsis for this show comes from). I mean there is a medievil fantasy land of sorts inhabited by misplaced humans in a giant hole called in asylum in antartica and yet other than explaining that bluntly we the viewers are told to accept this and never question it lol. Also Iceman or whatever got next to zero development so why were we meant to care at the end? Then we suddenly get a time travel story which wasn't awful tbh but I kept finding myself muttering how we even came to this storyline to begin with.

I don't know I've seen alot of Anime in my time and this ain't the worst by a long shot but I feel totally befuddled by the whole thing. Also XO getting perma death despite easily being the best character in the show didn't help things. Oh and Nadia what was up with her? She was flying planes, hacking everything and had two killer rabbit's of Caerbannog all while looking like she was 8 year's old. None of which was explained (at least I don't think it was).

Man I bet an Anime thriller about an antartica base, perhaps after being cut off for winter all the scientists are discovered to be comatose by the next crew who comes into replace them would've been interesting? It could even have a giant hole at the south pole in the story which perhaps would've held the clue to the mystery and who or want did it. OH WELL GUESS WE'LL NEVER GET THAT SHOW! lol
BlaizeVMar 14, 2023 1:48 AM

More topics from this board

» Why are people giving this a 10/10

ImFlyingFrog - Oct 17, 2021

26 by Piromysl »»
Jan 29, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2021

15 by Dawizz »»
Jun 1, 2023 9:40 AM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2021

23 by Dawizz »»
Jun 1, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

CRG - Oct 12, 2021

90 by BlaizeV »»
Mar 12, 2023 2:47 PM

Poll: » Deep Insanity: The Lost Child Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2021

33 by NMGKeiji »»
Dec 8, 2022 12:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.