Forum Settings
Forums
New
How often do you drop anime that frustrates you?
Nov 24, 2021 2:46 AM
Feb 2021
So everyone has thier own taste. This is not about that. What are the anime which made you actively angry or angrily frustrated while watching it (again not the anime that were only bad).

My list:

1. Mirai Nikki (characters are frustrating)
  2. Familiar of Zero (watched S1 only) (characters,logic)
  3. Special A (Why TF are teenagers running the world, no logic)
  4. Assasination Classroom (no logic, no realistic plans, non-supernatural characters defy physics, tries to be emotional but fails)

In this season I was watching the gorilla isekai but dropped it because it was so frustrating. What do you do with such shows?
eliecherNov 24, 2021 2:49 AM
Nov 24, 2021 2:51 AM

Jul 2015
Why did you remind me of the gorilla isekai, now I'm frustrated
Nov 24, 2021 2:55 AM

Oct 2020
I rarely get frustated by watching anime. I drop an anime if i can hold it anymore because it was too bad, not because it frustrated me.

I think the last time i get angry in anime was when i watch Tokyo Revenger. Because the mc is too stupid & useless.

Nov 24, 2021 6:04 AM

Aug 2021
mirai nikki (like you said frustrating characters fuck them all)

code geass (the black knights are dumb without lelouch/zero and the brittania empire is dumb without cornelia,charles,vv and schniezel)

corpse party (everything is bad about this anime wouldnt recommend to anyone)

school days (if mirai nikki characters were frustrating then school days characters were retarded)

guilty crown (trash characters,trash story, trash trash trash)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2021 6:23 AM

Oct 2010
logh, the sci fi element is a joke and the army is so incompetent it's annoying. the death of a certain character and what came next is a farce, if that is peak politics and writing then my ass is square. the writer doesn't understand war and politics concepts but we have to take it for granted because the fans told us it makes sense. almost everything crumbles in logh if you apply logic, even the birth of the FPA. manyuu hikenchou deals better in politics that logh.
it's a decent anime still but many things in it are wtf level of ilogical.
Nov 24, 2021 7:38 AM

Aug 2021
eliecher said:
" Assasination Classroom (no logic, no realistic plans, non-supernatural characters defy physics, tries to be emotional but fails)
"
bruh what are u even talking about... tries to be emotional but fails what ?
did we even watch the same anime bro/... !?

i respect your opinion but I absolutely disagree
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Nov 24, 2021 7:49 AM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
Kyokou Suiri / InSpectre is so horrendously boring, repetitive, and almost condescending that is the only show ever where it receiving an additional season actually sort of offends me.
Nov 24, 2021 7:55 AM

Jul 2021
Well I rarely get frustrated by any anime. But the only anime i hate is rent a girlfriend, that show give my frustration only because of the main character.
Nov 24, 2021 8:04 AM

Feb 2021
anohana is probabl ythe only one and bunny girl senpai, plus your lie in april, dramas really aren't for me
Nov 24, 2021 8:29 AM

Mar 2021
Anime is supposed to entertain u. if it frustrates u (and isn't even good) then there's no point in watching it at all. Drop it immediately.
Nov 24, 2021 8:42 AM
Feb 2021
BigMac7 said:
Anime is supposed to entertain u. if it frustrates u (and isn't even good) then there's no point in watching it at all. Drop it immediately.

If I start the anime then I try to complete it. Also some of the anime I didn't like were classics so I wanted to stick to the end so that I didn't miss something good.
Nov 24, 2021 8:43 AM

Jan 2021
I have only dropped 2 of the 59 anime I have watched

Nichijou because it was too bland and repeated the same jokes while parasyte because it didn;t really match my tastes
Nov 24, 2021 9:12 AM

Mar 2021
eliecher said:
BigMac7 said:

If I start the anime then I try to complete it. Also some of the anime I didn't like were classics so I wanted to stick to the end so that I didn't miss something good.

I usually drop fairly quick but yeah if the anime is highly acclaimed then I try to stick till the end.
Nov 24, 2021 10:03 AM

Dec 2018
I do find myself getting occasionally frustrated at anime. It’s mainly due to the characters being garbage or the show does a shit job at representing themes and issues.
Nov 24, 2021 10:32 AM
Oct 2020
I don't drop many, given that either characters or the story is somewhat interesting
Nov 24, 2021 10:34 AM

Aug 2020
I rarely do get frustrated from animes but I don't drop that easily when I do, there were animes that I got frustrated with adn dropped like Gate, Mirai Nikki and Fruit of evolution.
Nov 24, 2021 4:36 PM

Feb 2021
-Gamers! (misunderstanding the anime, basically)
-Redo of Healer (you have revenge and r4pe for plot and still makes it boring and repetitive?)
-Oregairu, specifically the second season (why don't you three just talk???)
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Nov 24, 2021 10:07 PM

Jan 2020
Higurashi sotsu honestly. The recap and conclusion was too much

Nov 24, 2021 11:38 PM

Apr 2018
Kanata no Astra they just killed the excitement and decided to go with melodrama, I was expecting more like horror and suspense route.

Nov 25, 2021 12:39 AM
Jan 2020
Talentless Nana really pissed me off and ^
Nov 25, 2021 4:02 AM

Oct 2008
For me, when an anime is annoying, or pisses me off, I drop it. A boring anime however, I find much easier to get through.

Kill la Kill is an anime I fully intended to finish. Until ep 12 and Mako.
There were other shows that annoyed me, because of how I despise parodies. But the majority are just boring shows I can get through.
Nov 25, 2021 4:55 AM

Feb 2021
I'd still continue watching even if what I was watching frustrated me, I'd put it on hold at worst as I wouldn't really mind as long as it was entertaining. But animes that fail to entertain me or bore me will get dropped along with animes that disappoint me.
Nov 25, 2021 4:58 AM

Feb 2020
- Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life: Isekai ni Tsukurou Drugstore
- Gekidol: Actidol Project
- Lucky☆Star
Nov 25, 2021 5:15 AM

Oct 2008
Ronninn said:
Talentless Nana really pissed me off and ^

OH, GOD! Same! People can be stupid but there are limits to that!

I rarely became annoyed or even irritated with an anime, it needs to be that stupid in a content that shouldn't be. When that happens (not many times because I never expect much than the average from every anime) I just drop it! That's why the drop list exists, is to be used with that kind of animes, so I will use it!
For the ones that like to bother others (like me) with "you should read the manga/LN", please stop. I don't read mangas, I will NOT read mangas, I will not listen to what manga readers complain in adaptation to the anime counterpart, I only watch anime except in very few and specific situations.
Nov 25, 2021 5:24 AM

Aug 2018
Code Geass pissed me off but that's because Suzaku is a hypocrite who always shows up at the worst possible time. But I love that show.

On the other hand, "Sukitte Ii na yo" pissed me off because the main girl seemed like a cool and interesting character until she fell head over heels for the total jerkass main dude. It's like she just gave up all her dignity for some asshole who doesn't even respect her.
Nov 25, 2021 5:29 AM
Feb 2021
epidemia78 said:
Code Geass pissed me off but that's because Suzaku is a hypocrite who always shows up at the worst possible time. But I love that show.

On the other hand, "Sukitte Ii na yo" pissed me off because the main girl seemed like a cool and interesting character until she fell head over heels for the total jerkass main dude. It's like she just gave up all her dignity for some asshole who doesn't even respect her.

agreed on code geass. Totally forgot about suzaku
Nov 25, 2021 6:06 AM
Nov 2019
If we are speaking dropped anime then there are only 2 I dropped out of frustration:
1. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji (dropped after episode 5)
The relationship in this show is one of the worst/toxic ones I've ever seen.
The main male character is such a huge asshole, I couldn't take it anymore after the 5th episode.
And the main female character is an idiot for staying with him.

2. Osananajimi ga Zettai ni Makenai Love Comedy (dropped after episode 4)
While the first half of the first episode hinted at some sort of intelligence (for a show of that nature) in the characters, the second half ruined all of that.
Making these characters as stupid as the protagonist of rent-a-girlfriend, and I could not take that anymore after episode 4.

Not to mention the cheat of making every main female character a childhood friend, because the creativity and/or experience to write an actually good story isn't there, was kind of lame.
Nov 25, 2021 6:09 AM

Jul 2007
K-On made me legitimately angry because all the girls did each episode was suck down tea and go to the beach. Only about 10% of the anime was dedicated to music. I finished the first season but I sure as fuck didn't watch any more.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 25, 2021 6:31 AM
Feb 2021
Guilty crown ( the mc is stupid and coward as fuck) i rarely dropping anime even if its boring or the plot is suck, but this anime really make me pissed off
Nov 25, 2021 6:42 AM

May 2021
Assassination classroom is a huge pile of wtf is this and why do people like it with it's ridiculous show & tell don't question anything because otherwise nothing would make sense format

eliecher said:

Assasination Classroom (no logic, no realistic plans, non-supernatural characters defy physics, tries to be emotional but fails)
Nov 25, 2021 6:49 AM

Jun 2021
1) Assasination Classroom was great

2) Mirai Nikki was bad

So rarely
Everything is Garbage
except LoGH
Nov 25, 2021 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
sometimes

but usually i just put the series on hold
Nov 25, 2021 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
Gintama and FLCL. Just watching 2 minutes of both anime gave me a headache
Nov 25, 2021 7:01 AM

Aug 2018
EndlessMaria said:
K-On made me legitimately angry because all the girls did each episode was suck down tea and go to the beach. Only about 10% of the anime was dedicated to music. I finished the first season but I sure as fuck didn't watch any more.

How could someone who likes Clannad be so wrong?

Sounds to me like you fell asleep and missed most of the show.
Nov 25, 2021 7:04 AM

Feb 2021
Fate Stay Night UBW and Heaven's Feel. The story was almost the same in both but they both had annoying main female character and about the male character I'm not interested in commenting
Nov 25, 2021 7:05 AM

Jul 2016
I never drop an anime no matter how shitty it is, i only put it on hold because of work, but there is one anime that makes me angry but also disappointed. Its Boruto though i never watches it, i only know through clips from youtube. Maybe when the series ended i can give it a try again
Nov 25, 2021 7:06 AM

Jul 2015
I binged all five seasons of Symphogear just because it suddenly popped up in top 5 airing and after completing it I determined that high score was nothing more than sequel factor fluctuated by small amount of fanboys that still watched it.

I became so frustrated by blatant injustice and outrageous stunt this blonde bimbo did, that it geve me a legitimate case of PTED.

Nov 25, 2021 7:10 AM

Sep 2019
Sometimes but I do end up watching it to the end, which I don’t mind. Or I just put it on hold.

A recent one that got me really pissed off was Psycho Pass S2. Whilst S1 was a work of art of me, I hated how S2 became a stand alone season and repeats the same ideas from s1 but made it more generic. I think I nearly cried of how much they ruined the season, but still I found it sad that Urobuchi didn’t do the script for S2.
Nov 26, 2021 5:33 AM

Jul 2007
epidemia78 said:
EndlessMaria said:

Clannad was so amazing because it had complex characters and drama. K-On had neither of that. I watched K-On as it was airing and I had to force myself to watch each new episode since nothing ever happened in that anime. I recall being mad because I thought K-On was ending at episode 12, however the next week it had a 13th episode that I had to force myself to sit through.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 26, 2021 5:48 AM

Mar 2021
Devils Line (Bad/Boring characters, bad story, like how an anime about vampires can be this boring ?)

Durarara (Only first season, I remember hating most of the characters..)

Season 2 of B: The Beginning (What was that ? It was pointless)

Daily Lives of High School Boys and Zankyou no Terror (Good shows with bad female characters..)
This is Nanba Prison. No one has ever escaped successfully from this prison. -Nanbaka

Nov 26, 2021 5:48 AM

Aug 2018
EndlessMaria said:
epidemia78 said:

Clannad was so amazing because it had complex characters and drama. K-On had neither of that. I watched K-On as it was airing and I had to force myself to watch each new episode since nothing ever happened in that anime. I recall being mad because I thought K-On was ending at episode 12, however the next week it had a 13th episode that I had to force myself to sit through.

I understand where you're coming from. But...

It's been over a decade since it first aired. That's way too long to be holding onto a grudge. I probably would have thought the same if I watched it back then. Now that you're older and wiser, I think the keions deserve a second chance. You might just eat your words and learn to appreciate the best anime genre.
Nov 26, 2021 5:56 AM
May 2019
Harem elements
Unnecessary fan service
Unbearable mcs, characters
Boring
Nov 26, 2021 9:07 AM
Feb 2021
I just remembered of another anime that angered me : Kyoukai no Rinne.

The anime was well made. The characters were so likable. The characters were developing and becoming close friends with each other. All was well. However, the show had romance tag in it and even without that it was obvious that the main boy and girl should get together. However, the show was episodic. So everything went back to the previous status quo at the end of an episode. That angered me bcoz if the immense potential ruined. The main couple would have been so good. Thought they were middle schooler I think, the story could have easily progressed into high school. There are 3 seasons with 24 ep each and still no romantic development.
Nov 26, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2021
Isekai Quartet. They probably just did it for the publicity but making Rem a likeable character then
is just insane.
Nov 26, 2021 6:03 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
>Getting angry at an anime
Is everything alright?
Nov 26, 2021 6:43 PM
Jul 2018
Evangelion
Don't get me wrong Shinji is a great protagonist he does the role of anti escapism extremely well. But what I hate abt him is the actions that he makes are so unquestionable and irritating that u just want to punch him that hard.

Rent a Girlfriend
Everything that this series has to offer makes u really angry.
Nov 26, 2021 6:45 PM
Jan 2018
Being angry and being frustrated are two different things. Japanese storytelling frustrates me to my core, so frustration is my baseline.

If we are talking anger, I dropped Aldnoah Zero season 2 and The Promised Neverland season 2 for the same reason. The story shit the bed. And disrespected us as viewers with their story decisions.

I finished Deadman's Wonderland and the ending made me furious. What kind of BS ending was that!

I finished Tokyo Revengers while being angry almost the whole time. I didn't even care that the MC was dumb and useless. I cared about how many times he needed to remind himself of the stakes in battles that took a couple minutes tops. It's like the author either hates shonen tropes and wanted to make fun of them or he just really wanted us to hate the MC. Either way, he succeeded.

Most anime where the MC goes from being a badass killer to a pacifist makes me angry.
Almost every one of those characters deserves a slow painful death.
Nov 26, 2021 6:53 PM
May 2021
Well, to me RE:Creators.

I loved it to death, re-watched multiple times to gain new perspectives of understanding the series better to the point, it's pretty much religous.

I fxxking hated that nearly all my favorite characters died and that the MC/Narrator to the series was a piece of sxxt that never got served with "Stone Cold Steve Austin" stomps or torture murdered, by Magane', who..... never mind watch it yourself.

However, that what makes it a great series. It was one of those that caught my eye because of the title alone and if anyone whose written stories or drew their own characters would appreciate this show. I doubt anyone is cerebral enough to find the religious tone hidden within it, but I digress.

The series, is hella deep (mentally, too much for others so whatever), it still has me thinking about it to this day and the way it concluded itself, the possibilities of spin-offs/sequels could, but it's still a masterpiece on it's own. Visuals, music the voice cast.

It's the only anime that I love/hate, even with a teaser PV of a probable series.

So to me, it's a masterpiece for that. Anime can be so emotional.

BTW, the spin-off manga never did it justice, but we did get treated to an artbook after it ended.

Nov 26, 2021 8:01 PM

Dec 2020
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Re:Zero, MCs are very annoying.
no more forum pic. that's it.

More topics from this board

» Anime recommandations for a first-timer

WickedFM - Today

27 by Levi »»
1 minute ago

» What anime character has the most annoying/toxic haters? ( 1 2 3 )

Adimus_prime - Mar 8, 2021

135 by niknasr »»
12 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

1040 by Sounded_Neptune »»
25 minutes ago

» What views on anime make you feel like some 2nd century Christian who rejects most of the gospels on obscure gnostic grounds.

vasipi4946 - 5 hours ago

5 by Stygian_Prisoner »»
31 minutes ago

» First look at "THE LORD OF THE RINGS: THE WAR OF THE ROHIRRIM" Anime Film. ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Jun 11

101 by Lost_Viking »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.