Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 28, 2021 11:13 AM

Sep 2017
Demon lord's tummy is the most potent thing in this entire show. I had to pause and collect myself for a moment when she appeared in this episode.

Oh, and the fight was great. Really showed off Araba's agility and all those magic circles looked incredibly cool. The way the fiery pathway appeared was also really well done. CGI looked janky at times but a very enjoyable episode nonetheless.
Mar 28, 2021 12:35 PM
Sep 2020
davidyodo24 said:
Kumoko Vs Araba
What a Great Fight...
You did good Araba.

Damn they trying to fool us to think that the Demon Lord Girl was Kumoko... Hmmm or is it?

Wait what was that in the ending scene? The orange liquid thing
I'm pretty sure the orange liquid thing was fei inside the egg
Mar 28, 2021 4:36 PM
Oct 2019
HoloKill said:
davidyodo24 said:
Kumoko Vs Araba
What a Great Fight...
You did good Araba.

Damn they trying to fool us to think that the Demon Lord Girl was Kumoko... Hmmm or is it?

Wait what was that in the ending scene? The orange liquid thing
I'm pretty sure the orange liquid thing was fei inside the egg

Ahh yeah she evolved right...
I forgot about that
Mar 28, 2021 7:45 PM

Jul 2014
Figuring out who Kumoko is is driving me crazy. They are really pushing the Demon Lord but at the same time they show in the background the white haired girl who also appears inside Wakaba's eyes in the OP. Also, the Demon Lord has another VA. But it's too much of a coincidence that she retells all the events we've seen with Kumoko as her own so if Kumoko isn't just the girl in white, then Parallel Minds must be in on it.

Either way... The Demon Lord is so fucking hot! <3

Cheers to Aoi Yuuki, that woman never ceases to amaze me with her performance.

Let's see what awaits us in the second cour.
Mar 28, 2021 8:40 PM

Feb 2018
SkyLETV said:
Figuring out who Kumoko is is driving me crazy. They are really pushing the Demon Lord but at the same time they show in the background the white haired girl who also appears inside Wakaba's eyes in the OP. Also, the Demon Lord has another VA. But it's too much of a coincidence that she retells all the events we've seen with Kumoko as her own so if Kumoko isn't just the girl in white, then Parallel Minds must be in on it.

Either way... The Demon Lord is so fucking hot! <3

Cheers to Aoi Yuuki, that woman never ceases to amaze me with her performance.

Let's see what awaits us in the second cour.

Do you want to be even more confused? The Demon Lord's VA is the same VA that voiced Kumoko on the PV before the anime was even announced.... edit: And a radio drama reading the first chapter! didn't knew that lol

Primo_ItokoMar 28, 2021 8:43 PM
Mar 29, 2021 3:11 AM
Mar 2012
Such epic fight vs Araba. The cg vfx spam made it bit messy but the tactical 1v1 deathmatch stayed real intense. Araba's fire spiral tho that's cheat OP to remain that long.
Also Kumoko was in the lava level for so long expected her to gain some fire skills, but maybe her species doesn't allow much fire points?
Oh future Demon lord confirmed (many times already), or did they...
White hair still there tho, and rumors of clone, parallel mind irl, offspring (a spider skill previously shown), but i thought she sounded like Admin D. As admin G dragon-dude was in the generals table.
I liked how the fight ended, tho bit awkward: Araba shows difference of ideals, as an honorable warrior, vs MC ideal is survive by any means with extreme effort. Mc knew of him since episode 3, and they sorta grown a mutual respect, mc even infatuated at his power before the showdown. This weird jumble of respect, disappointment & belief clash seems to stay with Kumoko.

Early episodes really were awful, and slowly clawed its way up. Now the two pov's are merging it's finally getting interesting, plus potentially two revenge plots, and elf sensei's plans.
Mar 29, 2021 3:52 AM

Oct 2007
Youbamii said:
I love how the enemy dragon was also picking up skills during this fight to counter her vice-versa, really cool seeing that it shows that the dragon has brains and is actually using it thinking nice to see👌
This was a jolly good episode the struggle was real, the brutality was real the enjoyment was real, i like seeing characters struggle to win a fight shows how intense and hard of a hurdle it is

same. I liked that Araba is also intelligent, and does not rely on brute force alone. For example, when he jumped, and then saw Kumo holding a ball of silk.. he knew what was going to happen. It seems he had experience fighting spiders in the past.
Liddo-kunMar 29, 2021 6:29 PM
Mar 29, 2021 6:17 PM

Mar 2019
This might be an unpopular opinion but she deserved the satisfaction cancel. The vendetta against Araba just because he walked past her once and didn't kill her? Trauma my ass gtfo lol. Fight was decent to watch tho
I honestly have no idea what I'm supposed to type here.
*imitates an old man*
"Back in my day, we used to write our names fancy when they asked our signature!"
Mar 29, 2021 6:57 PM

Mar 2016
SceptileBlade said:
This might be an unpopular opinion but she deserved the satisfaction cancel. The vendetta against Araba just because he walked past her once and didn't kill her? Trauma my ass gtfo lol. Fight was decent to watch tho
the anime really botched that scene, in the novels and manga kumo had to build a nest in that pit since wasps kept attacking her. araba came in, destroyed the nest with a breath + most of the wasps, then looked around for survivors to squash. kumo gained like 5 levels of stealth just from hiding from him
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 30, 2021 7:32 AM
May 2018
That was an awesome fight, Kumoko and Alaba really gave their all.
Damn a lot of respect to Alaba turning off his skills and standing tall as an acceptance of his defeat, he was so cool! Kumo will never forget him.

Lots of foreshadowing towards the end of this episode, they really like to tease viewers, but I enjoy that.

Wasn't that Mother at the last frame minute? Seems like things are gonna get even more crazy.

Mar 30, 2021 11:03 AM

Oct 2012
15 min of intense battle between a spider and a dragon!!

I think i got the timeline now...
Apr 1, 2021 7:16 AM
Apr 2021
LooselyCarrot said:
Probably gonna be at least long time years before I figure out how she becomes a demon lord. I’m not about to read the novels too much work
But it’s really worth it.
Apr 1, 2021 7:16 AM
Apr 2021
LooselyCarrot said:
Probably gonna be at least long time years before I figure out how she becomes a demon lord. I’m not about to read the novels too much work
But it’s really worth it.
Apr 1, 2021 7:17 AM
Apr 2021
Swagernator said:
Our dear Kumoko missed the point ... its about living to to your fullest, and once oyur time is up going with the biggest bang in the history of bangs, which Araba did.

Also yeah people are getting so fucking baited by the staff lmao.
I take it that read the LN from your last phrase. But it wasn’t the only reason he did it.
Apr 1, 2021 7:39 PM
Apr 2021
ican't wait for the next episode I hope this anime have another season
Apr 2, 2021 4:47 AM

Nov 2009
Best episode so far, I love Kumoko so much
Apr 2, 2021 6:56 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Finally, i've done watching this. Once again the direction near the end about the demon lord chat to that glasses gentleman, somehow tried to misleading me. Oh well. Idk if she really talked about Araba, right through the previous one, or Fei. While somehow, suddenly Fei evolution progression was exactly showed there too. Idk. Obviously i need more chapters to understand whats goin on, without needed read this section much (lemme rest in peace).

Anyway, Kumoko and Araba fight actually not so bad, but not so great either. Its alright. Mostly unexpected when that Sloth and the Annihilate evil eye become the differenciate between them. Too bad Araba, despite being the most advanced enemy, still unable to cleared Kumoko initial intention to burnt its SP down. The way Araba declared its defeated, actually pretty good action, as a mere monster. The descendant of the warrior, eh? Well, thats true, indeed. Too bad Kumoko back there already swallowed into a mere anger from the previous Araba's humiliation. So, the demon lord comment kinda understandable. Hmmm *confusion intensified*

Second anyway, welcome to the outside world, cute spider! What lies beyond the outsider environment? Lets see in the few next hours!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 2, 2021 9:17 AM

Jul 2009
badabass said:
Anyway, Kumoko and Araba fight actually not so bad, but not so great either. Its alright. Mostly unexpected when that Sloth and the Annihilate evil eye become the differenciate between them. Too bad Araba, despite being the most advanced enemy, still unable to cleared Kumoko initial intention to burnt its SP down. The way Araba declared its defeated, actually pretty good action, as a mere monster. The descendant of the warrior, eh? Well, thats true, indeed. Too bad Kumoko back there already swallowed into a mere anger from the previous Araba's humiliation. So, the demon lord comment kinda understandable. Hmmm *confusion intensified*
Sloth, Cursed Evil Eye, and the Annihilating Evil Eye work differently.
Annihilating Evil Eye: Deals rot damage. I remember the WN translator calling it corrosive damage and I imagined it similar to decay.
Cursed Evil Eye: Reduces the attributes (HP, MP, SP) of the opponent. The reduction isn't worth mentioning unless the enemy is weak. It's improved version adds them to the user.
Sloth: Passively increases the amount of SP used by enemies significantly. As seen in Kumoko vs. Araba, the SP drain is very notable, unlike Cursed Evil Eye's drain.
I imagine Sloth is similar to Pokemon's Pressure ability with a higher drain rate.

(Spoiler - What is SP)
Apr 2, 2021 5:51 PM
Mar 2021
RainyShadow said:
This whole episode was simply awesome!

At the end there i almost expected Kumoko to heal Araba and then they either continue fighting, or become friends...

Kumoko had great respect for Araba and gave plenty of opportunity for a different outcome as evidenced by the attempts at communication towards a greater sense of understanding of Araba, and one of self-reflection.

Araba's using of their last remaining strength to stand in a posture of respect shows that Araba probably got the gist of Kumoko's conveying sentiment. This is a world where everyone fights for survival and the quest of evolution, and nobody gains any levels until an opponent is officially defeated. Araba realizes all of this and gave their reply in the form of admirable recognition and chose to succumb to final defeat so Kumoko could gain a powerful levelling up.

That was Araba's gesture in return for being such a worthy opponent and the first to deliver a satisfying challenge and conclusion to their time in this sanctum as the champion. Araba's final message is essentially "thank you for the greatest battle I ever had, for I shall retire now and with great honor and pride to be the one to add to your levels as you evolve and prepare for whatever comes next."

*Araba passes on, and only then does Kumoko gain 4 levels*

I love this anime, bring on the second cour! 10/10
_StrategyExpertApr 2, 2021 6:01 PM
Apr 3, 2021 9:54 AM
Oct 2018
It is op now, Best anime this season
Apr 4, 2021 3:07 PM
Oct 2018
Araba's last moments are really emotional man.
Big F for chad o7
Apr 4, 2021 3:12 PM

Jan 2013
So much sneakiness behind the curtains that ended up confusing & intriguing me!
Apr 5, 2021 7:37 AM
Apr 2020
This was a great episode like usual! The CGI in this anime is pretty good imo, one can definitely tell there was work put into it to make the battles look much smoother
Apr 9, 2021 5:25 PM

Nov 2009
I just realized this... since I been only just focusing on the spider parts... cause it's a lot more fun to watch than Humans parts.

But from the looks of things, the All White Girl and the Demon Lord are either is or related to Kumo... that's apparently waging war on the Humans and killing her classmates?

Does this mean our cute sorta-lovable Spider is actually the Big Baddie of this series? Are we rooting for the wrong side the entire time'?
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2021 12:58 PM
Apr 2021
I just had to sign up to add some things (no spoilers):

Kumokos trauma with Araba was really skipped in anime as some have mentioned, I'll elaborate some more. First of all, her home got burned by the humans and she escaped, again, but she had sworn to never let that happen - just before it happened again. She was already quite... aggravated and ready to take big risks just to prove herself again.

And right after that she met Araba for the first time and thought she had no chance at all against Araba and just hid there motionlessly, waiting for the death, certain that she was noticed... but even if she was, Araba did not care about her. At all. So she was not even good enough for a snack or too weak to be noticed, Araba did have decent sensing skills so I doubt she remained hidden.

After that encounter Kumoko tried to climb back up through the wasps. For Kumoko at that time, it was hellish grind, continuous fight with no pause in sight, but she was slowly making progress. And then Araba came back and dunno, got annoyed by all the webs Kuroko had made or at the wasps, whatever, took one big breath and destroyed it all, Kumoko fell down and drag some remnants of web on top of her to hide again. And she gained several levels of stealth and fear resistance, probably waiting for death again. Araba even directly stares at her hideout, obviously aware of her presence.

So Araba left her alive, but only after instilling a good fear of death AGAIN, for whatever reason. Maybe Araba just wanted to drive Kumoko away, appreciating intelligence in her or maybe Araba wanted only to fight worthy battles. But for Kumoko, all her efforts were destroyed by one breath and all her achievements were nothing to Araba.

So, at the end of the fight, when Araba surrenders, it only further aggravated Kumoko who could only win with tricking Araba. Nonetheless Araba feels no regret, no malevolence against dirty tactics, just acknowledgement to the victor. Also Araba is clearly showing intelligence throughout the whole fight, so killing is not that easy at the end psychologically either, especially when he just surrendered. Sure, Kumoko killed humans, but it was more or less self defence (once again in manga, that was almost accident, she was surprised at how easily humans died, she meant only to scare them away with evil eyes first and when weak humans died, had to fight {but it was good xp!}...).

So the trauma had several layers build upon and descending on her and all that venting at the end to the Araba was just unwinding all of that as well.
VariatorApr 12, 2021 1:03 PM
Apr 12, 2021 3:05 PM

May 2015
I'm really curious where the MC is in the current timeline with the humans.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 15, 2021 9:49 PM

Sep 2018
This is emotional episode of Kumo-chan T______T she endure a lot to survive :( I don't want Araba to be dead though huhuhu finally she get outside!!!!! I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Apr 16, 2021 5:21 AM

Nov 2013
Didn't really care about Kumoko's whole "struggle to live" shit after beating the earth dragon. She killed humans without remorse some hours ago so wtf?

So the demon lord is Kumoko from the present (future). Will they F'ing explain her change of attitude towards humans?
Apr 16, 2021 8:26 AM
Dec 2017
Sigmar-Unberogen said:
Didn't really care about Kumoko's whole "struggle to live" shit after beating the earth dragon. She killed humans without remorse some hours ago so wtf?

So the demon lord is Kumoko from the present (future). Will they F'ing explain her change of attitude towards humans?

Yes, they will and it's pretty awesome.
May 7, 2021 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
This was such a badass fight. Araba using all of their skill points just to kill the MC was a shock. This really did look like an extremely tough fight for her.

More hints at the end that MC later becomes the demon lord but I'm still a little skeptical.
Jun 21, 2021 11:04 AM

Aug 2015
Wow, what an episode.
My favourite so far.

I'm playing catch-up so there may be better episodes following this (currently 23 eps are out)
#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Jun 23, 2021 7:22 PM
Oct 2019
didn't care about that fight at all hahaha. i *LITERALLY* cannot care about these fights when they're so dumb and illogical. and wtf was the ending to that fight? dragon thing just gives up and dies? spider girl bitches out and starts crying? give me a f***ing break

i was wondering if it was possible that the dragon was another human reincarnated. but, i guess not. or, if it was, we'll never know

so we know who the demon lord is. and i have a theory on who the white demon is
Jul 5, 2021 12:04 PM

Sep 2012
i get that dragon hes like warrior from middle ages los equals death and living equals shame so he rather goes out, hes INT enough to feel that way
Sep 17, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2015
Ignoring Araba being a emotionless cgi dragon, this was an absolute beast of a fight. Mad respect to Kumoko going from a weak little spider to defeating one of the strongest monsters in the dungeon

Apr 1, 2022 7:45 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, she finally defeated Araba. It was an Earth dragon!

Also wow, the demon lord fought Earth dragons before. Amazing.
Oct 10, 2022 3:50 AM
Jul 2022
Im starting to like it. I thought its bad anime but actually its getting better and better
Jun 24, 2023 9:35 AM
May 2023
It's Amazing, also i think it's very underappreciated i mean i suppose people don't think that i would be great cause of the whole spider thing BUT YOUR WRONG its one of my favourite anime out there and I'm really begging for a season 2 which i don't often feel that way when there hasn't been any response on one but for this one im literally going to lose it if they say there's no season 2.
Nov 16, 2023 2:28 PM

Nov 2019
oh boy Kumo vs Araba was awesome!!
at least now she left that hellhole
Dec 16, 2023 7:56 AM
Jul 2018
Gahhdamn, Kumoko do your best in this one
Jan 30, 10:17 AM

Mar 2015
I don't get her frustrations toward Araba.. Like can't a guy accept his death in peace?? It's not like Araba straight out disrespected her too...

I feel like they're baiting us into thinking the demon lord is our MC
May 26, 7:30 PM
Jan 2024
Great fight in this episode, I especially love the end of the fight
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

372 by smX89 »»
Sep 4, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2021

371 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 15, 11:57 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2021

278 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 14, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2021

244 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 12, 11:42 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 8, 2021

332 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Aug 10, 1:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.