Forum Settings
Forums

Second 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken' Season Airs in Split Cours, 'Tensura Nikki' Spin-off Gets TV Anime

New
Mar 22, 2020 1:55 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) anime series announced on Sunday that its second season will air in two cours. The first half will debut in October 2020, with the second half in April 2021. The website also revealed the first promotional video.

Bandai Namco Arts simultaneously announced a television anime adaptation of Shiba's Tensura Nikki: Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken (The Slime Diaries: That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime) spin-off manga. The anime will air from January to March 2021.

Both the main television series and the spin-off anime will premiere on Tokyo MX, MBS, BS11, TV Aichi, TV Hokkaido, TVQ Kyushu Broadcasting, Tochigi TV, and Gunma TV. This marks nine consecutive months of new Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken anime installments that will broadcast on television. The first season will begin rerunning on the aforementioned channels—with the exception of Tokyo MX and MBS—on April 14.

Synopsis (Tensura Nikki)
"Dear diary... I got reincarnated as a slime."

Even in another world, lives aren't always on the line. There's plenty of work to be done, from feeding the community and forging the items the community needs; as well as plenty of play ...and hijinks throughout! Join Rimuru and friends as they kick back and enjoy their daily lives. (Source: Kodansha Comics)

Staff (Tensura Nikki)
Director: Yuuji Haibara (Hoshiai no Sora CG director)
Assistant Director: Tsutomu Kasai (Rewrite animation producer)
Series Composition: Kotatsumikan
Character Design: Risa Takai (Strike the Blood animation director), Atsushi Irie (Knight's & Magic prop design)
Art Director: Ayumi Satou (Sakura Quest)
Color Design: Maki Saitou (Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken)
Photography: Chiptune
Music: Ron (Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)

Voice cast from the main television anime will reprise their roles in the spin-off.

Kodansha's Monthly Shounen Sirius magazine began serializing the spin-off manga in April 2018. The third volume went on sale on November 8 last year. Kodansha Comics licensed the manga in English in July 2019 and published the second volume on September 10. The manga has a cumulative 500,000 copies of its compiled volumes in print.

The television anime is based on Taiki Kawakami's manga adaptation of Fuse and Mitz Vah's adventure fantasy novel series, which aired in 24 episodes in Fall 2018. Crunchyroll simulcast the anime as it aired in Japan, while Funimation streamed an English dub. The latter also released the anime on home video in two installments on October 1 last year and February 4.

PV (Second Season)

PV (Spin-off)

Official site: https://www.ten-sura.com/anime/tensura-nikki

Source: Moca News

Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 2nd Season Part 2, Tensura Nikki: Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken on MAL
VindstotMar 22, 2020 8:34 PM

Mar 22, 2020 2:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
That's 9 straight months of new TenSura content, no wonder why they took their sweet time.

Quite the stark difference between the theme in the PVs, lol.

Personally, I wasn't the biggest fan of the 1st season at all but I'm still mildly looking forward to this.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 22, 2020 4:24 AM

Nov 2017
Very positive news! +1

plz @ me
Mar 22, 2020 4:56 AM
Oct 2016
3 straight cour of Slime content is what I'm here for let's go!!!!!!
Mar 22, 2020 6:52 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
9 months of Slime in a row. That’s a rarity for any franchise these days

Almost worth a PogChamp
Mar 22, 2020 7:08 AM

Jan 2018
good news, at least we get a long lasting isekai lube.
Mar 22, 2020 7:14 AM

Apr 2018
Our Lord and Savior Rimuru Tempest
Mar 22, 2020 7:44 AM

May 2015
Great news, looking forward to this!
Mar 22, 2020 10:04 AM

Aug 2013
Yay very excited!!!!
Mar 22, 2020 11:52 AM

Jul 2019
What wonderful news, the franchise will stay for 9 months on air
Apaixonado por jogos e animes.
Mar 22, 2020 2:12 PM

Nov 2016
sugoi that they also adapt the slice of life manga, I hope they will later adapt the bunny girl spin-off manga ^^
Mar 22, 2020 2:50 PM
Aug 2016
Great news!!! Hopefully, if they pace this season like they did in the first half of the first season, there’s a lot of good content waiting for us that I can hardly wait for.
Also, it’s pretty clear (from the trailer) that they are going to include the materials they skipped over in the second half of the first season, which is great and a genuine relief since they are pretty necessary for this season to work.
JapaneseAmericanMar 23, 2020 5:50 AM
Mar 22, 2020 4:38 PM

Feb 2011
I look forward to it. :D
眠れないのは君のせい
Apr 4, 2020 10:20 PM

Jun 2011
That is a lot of episodes! More hype!! It's one of my favorite isekai series. Hopefully the story stays interesting enough and not stagnate.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 6, 2020 4:15 PM

May 2019
splitting it in two parts is really good resource to keep the quality of the show, like they did in sword art online, that animation was over the top, 4 real.

Aug 13, 2021 8:26 PM
Aug 2021
awesome anime:

tensei shitara slime datta ken,tensei shitara suraimu datta ken,tensei shitara slime datta ken season 2,tensei shitara slime datta ken bahasa indonesia,tensei shitara slime datta ken episode 1,tensei shitara slime datta ken ova,rimuru tempest,rimuru tempest alur cerita,rimuru tempest battle,that time i got reincarnated as a slime,that time i got reincarnated as a slime battle,anihunter,ani hunter,rimuru tempest fight,rimuru tempest jadi raja iblis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd6ehOH52Ro

More topics from this board

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

29 by Mirorin »»
2 hours ago

» 'Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu' Season 3 Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, 90-Minute Premiere

DatRandomDude - Jun 6

12 by MermaidGalaxies »»
2 hours ago

» Voice Actors Minami Tsuda, Tatsumaru Tachibana Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

1 by HeroVladimir93 »»
5 hours ago

» 'Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Promo for Second Cour

Hyperion_PS - 7 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo' Season 2 Reveals Additional Cast, Winter 2025 Premiere

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

4 by RobertBobert »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.