Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 7:26 PM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wasn't expecting a summary of the last episode on this kind of anime.

Also what is Flower-nee-san(I'll learn her name eventually)'s skin made of? The dog's teeth just broke.

Now Spider-nee-san and Flower-nee-san can go outside without calling much attention. Tanis really is a genious.
Also seems the episodes will be longer than 15 minutes, I am not sure but I think there was an special segment on the first episode with the seiyuus(?), and this episode was 19:40 minutes long.
OriharaShinraApr 16, 2018 7:35 PM
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 16, 2018 10:37 PM

Oct 2010
I wasn't expecting to see any more of the parents, since we're not supposed to pity them, but I guess there's not much danger of that since they refer to their own children as "those creatures."

I would like to see more of young Aisley/Aisuri. The only other cute little spider-girl I've seen was in Wasurenagumo, and that didn't exactly work out the way I wanted.

I've been using the names from here:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-01-20/creatures-family-days-anime-reveals-main-cast/.126697

But I guess the "real" names stick to the Japanese syllables?
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2018/02/21/saori-hayami-daisuke-namikawa-join-tv-anime-jikken-hin-kazoku-creatures-family-days

What about their names in Chinese? I want to submit character entries, but I don't know what to submit.
Apr 16, 2018 11:27 PM
Jun 2017
nDroae said:
What about their names in Chinese? I want to submit character entries, but I don't know what to submit.

The names in Chinese sound like transliteration of names in a Roman language. The MC's name is what "Dennis" is usually translated to. It probably has to do with the manhua author being a Hongkonger, as English is one of Hongkong's official languages.
Several ppl already submitted. There are duplicates in the system waiting for mod approval.
JyzalApr 16, 2018 11:31 PM
Apr 17, 2018 2:34 AM

May 2009
nDroae said:
I would like to see more of young Aisley/Aisuri. The only other cute little spider-girl I've seen was in Wasurenagumo, and that didn't exactly work out the way I wanted.

Haha, I know that feeling. x)
We do need an adaptation of Kumo desu ga. :D

nDroae said:
I wasn't expecting to see any more of the parents, since we're not supposed to pity them, but I guess there's not much danger of that since they refer to their own children as "those creatures."

I wouldn't mind seeing them a little more and how they were raising Tanis regarding to his siblings.
Apr 17, 2018 9:34 AM

Jun 2015
Got to see how the characters were as kids. Dennis was really smart when he was a kid. Ashley's voice actor as a kid was really annoying. Dennis got lost and his siblings had to go outside and find him.
Apr 17, 2018 9:31 PM

Mar 2016
I was waiting for this episode since this morning, and I liked it a lot. We got to see more interaction between the brothers. Now I now what do those pills. Last episode I hated spidey girl, but now I kinda like her.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 18, 2018 5:32 AM
Apr 2016
Shit. They're mentally stunted either from their lab environment or flawed genes. DAMMIT PARENTS!!!

OriharaShinra said:

Also what is Flower-nee-san(I'll learn her name eventually)'s skin made of? The dog's teeth just broke.

From how their names are Romanised, I'm roughly guessing Plant is Isis.Spider is Ashley. Dog is Snow. Mind reader is Chelsea.
tlst9999Apr 18, 2018 7:12 AM
Apr 18, 2018 11:41 PM

Apr 2013
Seeing the siblings working together as a family is sooo nice!

Though, as we see from the flashback - their parents are not just mad scientists.

I mean, if I were a scietist who has created four part-human part-plant/animal creatures, testing their intellect would be the first thing I'd do
Apr 20, 2018 5:08 PM

Nov 2011
Would be nice if I can get the Japanese Dub somewhere! lol
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 20, 2018 5:30 PM
Feb 2018
OriharaShinra said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wasn't expecting a summary of the last episode on this kind of anime.

Now Spider-nee-san and Flower-nee-san can go outside without calling much attention. Tanis really is a genious.
Also seems the episodes will be longer than 15 minutes, I am not sure but I think there was an special segment on the first episode with the seiyuus(?), and this episode was 19:40 minutes long.

Still waiting for episode 2 to come out (subbed)? Where did you watch it?
Apr 21, 2018 8:38 AM
Mar 2016
That hug towards the end would have been wonderful if the animators didn't mess up and phase the boy's hand through Ashley's back.
Apr 21, 2018 10:58 AM

Jun 2013
This is horrible, big disappointment as expected from the Chinese

Apr 21, 2018 2:18 PM
Feb 2018
More wholesome family goodness. I love it. The animation is great so far and I’m just absoultely in love with the characters. Can’t wait for next week!
Apr 23, 2018 11:12 PM

Jan 2018
Who do this season has so many bad anime...
Apr 24, 2018 12:58 AM

Nov 2016
TakunDes said:
This is horrible, big disappointment as expected from the Chinese

I feel like we shouldn't be too critical of Chinese production companies; after all, China does have a much smaller demand for animation than places like Japan and America, so they don't have much in the way of budget or staff. On top of that, they haven't had as many years as Japan to hone their style.

That said, good writing doesn't cost extra, and this show has more than its fair share of flaws. I think the biggest thing that bothers me is that the characters haven't been developed enough. When they get mad at each other or make up I don't really care because I don't have a good enough sense of who they are.
Apr 24, 2018 11:41 AM

Nov 2011
I still believe that this anime series has enormous potential, only it can not come out, because of the non-perfect narrative and the duration of the episodes that are too short.
Apr 27, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
This season so good even the chinese anime is enjoyable.

Ashise too strong, that dog won't be biting more legs.

Seeing them joining to search for him was heartwarming.
May 7, 2018 2:12 AM

Feb 2010
so far the mc is annoying and arrogant.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Sep 12, 2018 3:11 AM

Mar 2009
tfw no ANGERY spider waifu in your life. :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 12 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

20 by Akiraroyt »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

2 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 6 Discussion

Stormswell - May 11, 2018

15 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 9:57 AM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

67 by ZdloraH »»
Jan 14, 2020 9:52 PM

» Is Shiyan Pin Jiating 12 Eps or 11?

nattadasu - Oct 26, 2019

0 by nattadasu »»
Oct 26, 2019 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.