Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2017 9:57 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Natsume just never cease to amuse me in this show.

We got another youaki problem this episode yet he is able to use his clever way of dealing with it by using some unorthodox method. Pretty crazy ending. The whole paper doll case really is quite something.
Stark700May 2, 2017 10:04 AM
May 2, 2017 10:02 AM

Nov 2007
Natsume watching a movie Ishida-san's character participates. Getting to the place near the paper was written and met a lady with huge house. She is afraid of height. Above the roof, there are creepy rocks (not just ordinary). She knows Ishida-san's character. She knows about youkai because her father was one but she cannot see them.

So that old lady helper is not human. She knows about the yuuchinjou, and he came in at bad time when she mentions about it. It seems like he is kind? enough to not mention what he heard. So she was one of father's 3 ex-shiki. That cliffhanger...
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 2, 2017 10:07 AM
Jul 2011
Darn cliff hangers -_-'
May 2, 2017 10:13 AM
Jul 2015
I was afraid they would rush this arc since it was covered in 3 chapters in the manga, it's good that they splitted it into 2 eps.
May 2, 2017 1:27 PM

Sep 2015
this cliffhanger ><
I really appreciate the reminder about the book of friends, it refreshed my memory a bit
May 2, 2017 1:29 PM

Feb 2016
Seeing Natsume caring more and more about his friends is heartwarming

that cliffhanger tho
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 2, 2017 1:32 PM

Sep 2008
i hate cliff hangers, wasn't really expecting for the old lady to attack him, can't wait for next episode

and was i the only one laughing their ass off when they were watching the movie? xD

May 2, 2017 1:40 PM

May 2015
Oh damn, a cliffhanger! I didn't expect that, considering the show usually ends on a happy or sweet note.

All the more reason to look forward to the next episode!

May 2, 2017 1:40 PM

Mar 2012
Episode 4 and only now that I've realized that voice in OP song seems familiar. It was actually ShounenT. Lmao.

It's quite rare that someone wasn't shocked with the 'Ugly Cat' and instead thought of him as Scottish Fold. And seriously, that lady, she thought Natsume was suspicious because he was wandering around but she still invited him to come to her house.
dzn018May 2, 2017 2:02 PM
May 2, 2017 2:45 PM

Apr 2010
Natsume stumbled upon a interesting house or better said got invited to an interesting house.
Seems there is a lot going on especially with old familiars.
Well i hope they can solve the situation before it goes out of hand.
May 2, 2017 3:01 PM
Jan 2017
kaizureki said:
i hate cliff hangers, wasn't really expecting for the old lady to attack him, can't wait for next episode

and was i the only one laughing their ass off when they were watching the movie? xD

i fell out of my chair i was laughing so hard

May 2, 2017 3:02 PM

Aug 2016
Been waiting so freakng long for them to adapt this chapter. Great episode as always ^-^ Nyanko Sensei with the popcorn was pure gold.
May 2, 2017 3:27 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Damn ... a cliffhanger in Natsume. Been a long time this happened o.o
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

May 2, 2017 5:39 PM

Dec 2012
Nice episode.

LOL Nyanko Sensei eating popcorn.
Great to see Natori & Hiiragi again.

Those rock faces were a bit creepy.
Oh no Natsume got taken by a Youkai.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 2, 2017 9:03 PM

Jul 2014
Yea...
Finally a more than 1 episode arc ~~
May 2, 2017 10:55 PM

Jun 2016

Instant meme material XD

Now that I've finished watching Rakugo Shinjuu, I CANNOT UNHEAR KIKUHIKO whenever Natori speaks!

It's been a while since the Yuujinchou was of any plot relevance - ironic, given the name of the series. It's been implied that Natsume has been giving back names off-screen all this while, but it would be nice to see one of those episodes once in a while - especially since they end up revealing more about Reiko.

Also, apparently Sensei is now a Scottish Fold cat? First time someone tried to identify him by breed, it's usually just pig-cat. He should feel honoured, I think?
May 3, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
Too bad we won't get romance. I had hoped the girl could see youkai and maybe would appear as recurring char. She' s nice. I liked her. With Taki and the girl with glasses (don't remember the name) one of the best females so far. (So far I liked girl with glasses the most and Taki only #2.)
May 3, 2017 7:27 AM

Aug 2014
finally a little darker episode . i love these episodes
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 3, 2017 7:45 AM

Jul 2015
Glad to see that the art style improved from the last time. This was one of my favorite chapter/chapters from the manga and I'm glad they decided to split it up, but the cliffhanger is still so irritating (in a good way). Finally we see more of a friendship development from Natsume and Natori and Natori's familiars, you can see that Natori is never going to use Natsume ever again.
May 3, 2017 9:11 AM

Nov 2011
It is remarkable this new episode. The fact that I have put in a narration a fairly interesting story, and at the same time, having led the main story, has made the episode very beautiful and at the same time funny to see. Add to this, even a very good quality in the drawings, the circle is closed perfectly.
May 3, 2017 9:59 AM

Jul 2014
Pretty enjoyable episode, and it's interesting that we've gone back to a 2 episode narrative for this particular encounter. Would've been nice if the girl could see yokai as well and be a recurring character, but I guess it isn't to be.
May 3, 2017 10:55 AM

Aug 2010
Takaki is so cute. Hope we see more of her.

Nyanko eating popcorn was too hilarious xD

That maid being a youkai caught me of guard lol
May 3, 2017 5:21 PM

Mar 2013
Their faces when watching the movie xD lol
Dang you cliffhanger! (`Д´)
May 4, 2017 8:01 PM

Aug 2016
It might sound weird to say this, but I honestly love the episodes that have cliffhangers in Natsume Yuujinchou. Sure, there's a bit of time to wait till it gets resolved, but due to its episodic nature, the multi-episode arcs are just so much more detailed and interesting.

Also, it's nice to see Natori once more. The exorcist episodes are just that much more thrilling, because you can see how Natsume is challenged by that different, and more aggressive approach.

Looking forward to next week. I'm hoping we get to meet Takuma-san, he sounds like an interesting character, and the second one (that I recall - the 1st was in the 2nd or 3rd season or something) to have ceased being able to see youkai in one lifetime.

It's hard to believe that this season of my favourite anime is already a third over - I'm in denial that the weeks can fly this fast, so I feel conflicted about the desire to hop in a time machine...
May 4, 2017 10:14 PM

Mar 2016
I literally cursed when it dropped that cliffhanger. That is the worst place to end...I can't wait until next week to know what happened! Ugghhhh...these episodes are just too short. I like this series too much.
I definitely agree with some of you...it bringing back the dilemma of whether the book should be disclosed or not is a good plot conflict. I want to see if they actually resolve this.
I also wonder if, when Natsume gets older, will he lose the ability to see yokai? I mean it did mention before that a lot of families are going out of business because a lot less individuals are able to see yokai and then getting older also sometimes makes you lose the ability to see them too. Natsume isn't from a strong exorcist family so the ability to see yokai probably isn't a strong trait. If he ever loses the ability, I feel like it would be really sad since it is such a huge part of him, but I think it will probably be like how Taki's grandfather was, where all the yokai still watched over him in their own way.
I really need to start reading the manga but I don't want to get ahead of the anime either. I want to know what's next but then I don't too.
May 5, 2017 1:17 AM

Feb 2013
The first time I saw that girl in season 5, I thought woaw... there's cute girl and it turn out to be true. Tsukiko is so cute. Takuma was the one who helped natori a lot when he come back to the exorcist industry. Let see, what natori can do for him and of course natsume role in this story.
May 5, 2017 11:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was interesting episode, because a evening in the cinema ends in a misterious house, with a Youkai maid, and the company of Shuuichi how exorcists!!!!
The Natsume secret, the names book, i hope Shuuichi dont heart this, because is a friend, but the secrets are "himitsus"!

The resolution of htis advneture in the next episode kekekke
May 6, 2017 2:45 PM

Dec 2010
...that was a really bad cliffhanger
May 7, 2017 12:54 PM

May 2010
kaizureki said:

Yes me too :D

Nice episode, that ending tho^^
May 7, 2017 9:37 PM

Dec 2013
I feel like the yokais are getting creepier and creepier. Those rocks and that yokai at the end were really something x_x

I really like the episodes with Natori. I feel like there's still so much mystery around him, especially the lizard yokai on his body. Can't wait for the next episode!
May 8, 2017 12:47 PM
May 2016
I like the episodes which Natori and Natsume are together :)
May 9, 2017 3:34 AM
Nov 2013
Arachnophobic said:

It's been implied that Natsume has been giving back names off-screen all this while, but it would be nice to see one of those episodes once in a while - especially since they end up revealing more about Reiko.

Yeah, I miss that ritual too.

The season to me started with "loved it" episode, then "liked it" and I rated third one as "it was ok". I had a little fear that it would be "disliked it" episode (the first time ever I think) for me since I tend to like exorcist episodes less than normal ones but it was surprisingly good (not loved it but liked it). I was both surprised and annoyed by the cliffhanger and can't wait to see the next ep. I hope the old lady will save him.

The darker tone this anime has recently adopted is not bad but I prefer old, bitter-sweet, heartwarming stories.
May 13, 2017 6:29 PM

Jan 2013
Surprised to see Natsume try to punch a Yokai out of anger. Doesn't seem like something he'd do. Good episode though.
Jun 5, 2017 5:11 AM
Jul 2016
That old lady is girl father's shiki??
wew.....
Jun 28, 2017 5:42 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that cliffhanger! Pretty intense episode, quite like that it's more than one episode to be honest. Let's see what's next.
Jul 4, 2017 8:02 AM

Oct 2012
I thought most of Shiki covered their faces like Hiiragi
Well Urihime didn't cover her face
So maybe just some?
I don't know :(

I guess those Shiki's are still "Shiki" not "Youkai"

Wait what? A cliffhanger? In Natsume Yuujinchou?
That's rare
When was the last time there's cliffhanger.. hmm can't remember
"Signature removed"
Aug 26, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2012
You gotta love Natori's theme music whenever he shows up lol.
Aug 31, 2017 6:21 AM

Mar 2015
Kinda felt something was off the moment I saw that maid

But she isn't the only big bad!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 9, 2018 12:56 PM

Feb 2013
The maid doesn't seem like a bad youkai.
Natori caught Natsume, cool moment.
May 6, 2021 3:07 PM

Feb 2014
Madara being a useless bag of lard as always. When was the last time he actually protected Natsume? There haven't been any meaningful scenes with him and Natsume for a while now either. At this point, he is nothing more than a deus ex machina device (and a comic relief) who only shows up right at the end to "save the day", when the plot is done.

I wonder how long Natsume is going to retain his power, and what would happen if he actually lost them like that girl's dad. Will the "dog gang" and all the other youkais he has befriended have to protect him from the background?
Jun 12, 2021 1:50 PM

Jan 2021
Damn ... a cliffhanger in Natsume.
May 18, 2022 5:38 AM

Feb 2020
A cliffhanger... Nice.
May 24, 2022 11:48 AM
Nov 2020
what a cliffhangers....

More topics from this board

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

109 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 13, 2017

37 by Nakuy »»
Dec 10, 2023 11:43 AM

» Season 7 announced

MegamiRem - Jun 30, 2023

13 by Cammedham »»
Jul 3, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2017

119 by helennaaj »»
May 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Poll: » Natsume Yuujinchou Roku Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 9, 2017

82 by JebaUzumaki »»
Apr 11, 2023 11:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.