Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2017 5:57 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty normal OVA episode.

Nothing out of the ordinary with the girls hanging out. Fun to see some of the girls go bowling and playing darts though. We still see the crew during their usual ship maintenance duties as well. The emotional ending caught me off guard somewhat from this episode.
Mar 31, 2017 9:38 PM

Nov 2014
Mii-chan just "proposed" to Kouko.. XD
Apr 1, 2017 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
This ova episode was pretty normal. The girls were hanging out.
Apr 1, 2017 6:13 PM
Jan 2015
Are there any subtitles yet? I had found only raws...
Well, just scrolled a bit, they were playing mahjong there. As a huge saki fan... Well, this possibly couldn't be better :D
VizvezdenecApr 1, 2017 6:56 PM
Apr 1, 2017 8:58 PM

Aug 2013
how there's an actual story instead of normal fanservice ova..
Apr 2, 2017 6:58 AM
Jan 2015
MFW OVA has more plot than the main anime :D
Apr 2, 2017 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
Here is my brief review of the original series. I just cut out the parts on the ship combat.

"I'll give it a 7/10. A fun show to watch..... Animation and soundtrack were good and the voice acting seemed nice. My minor complaint is that there were so many characters I could not remember anyone's name! I know the characters from their positions on the ships, not by names. I'll probably watch it again at some point with the intention of learning who everyone is. Girls und Panzer, on the other hand, handled a large number of characters in a much more memorable fashion."

My prediction is that they restore the Harekaze and we get S2 with a new adventure.
Apr 2, 2017 4:15 PM

Nov 2015
They kinda look more mature.

Apr 2, 2017 5:10 PM

May 2015
Pretty average OVA, really. Not much happened until the ending.

Apr 2, 2017 9:07 PM

Oct 2012
Imbalanced said:

I guess this ep was worth only to see this fansubber struggle lmao

Anyway I'm pretty hyped for second ova, can't imagine at all our little crew to be dispatched but I wonder what is in these letters
Lol the translator's struggles were funny. I laughed when I saw the word pop up again xD

I'm really anxious to see part 2, I doubt they're actually getting dissolved so it makes me interested in what the orders contain. please make a S2
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 2, 2017 9:10 PM

Sep 2015
Who needs the Harekaze ship if you've got a Mii-chan x Kouko ship.
Apr 3, 2017 12:00 AM

Apr 2011
It kinda gets rather heavy as rumors spread that the Harekaze crew is dissolving. It nice to see them again.
Apr 3, 2017 3:33 AM

Nov 2013
That was some quality German at the beginning. Even after replaying the scene several times, I could only understand the first sentence.

It was nice to see the girls again, especially Winner Brown Sugar.

I doubt, that their class/crew will be disbanded.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 3, 2017 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
I enjoyed seeing these characters again, even if I couldn't remember any of their names or the function they had on the ship. There are just so many of them!
Apr 3, 2017 6:02 AM

Sep 2014
I'm glad that Harekaze was refloat(??) since in the last episode of the main series it sunk completely.
Anyways I really hope a season 2 for this series.
Apr 3, 2017 6:21 PM

Jul 2015
The fan-subbing struggle is real. Episode was good, thought it was just going to be the girls just goofing around but just like the original anime, its a mix of fun and seriosness. Hopefully the girls get to stay together but I wouldn't mind the gangster duo ship sailing.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 3, 2017 7:32 PM

Jan 2011
odd was totally expecting a fanservice episode but instead got more plot among a bit of getting to know more of the crew since there's so many of them lol,i'm okay with this.

left us hanging there at the end was waiting for a punchline for it all turn out to not be a big deal but who knows now D:
Apr 3, 2017 8:10 PM

Sep 2015
Last time the Harekaze sank like the titanic in shallow waters! Now it is semi-submerged lol wut.
Still pretty cool, they could just refloat and repair it. IIRC there shouldn't be much structural damage. Well maybe the ram did cause some bulkheads to buckle(or worse the keel) which may call for a completely rebuilt(which might as well just scrap it then)
But depends which bulkheads took the brunt of the impact.

The subber struggle was hilarious. I didn't even realize actually, I was confused with "wth is going on?" when I read the subtitles.
It was so sudden I couldn't process what the subbers just did lol.
I like how they had to sub the German too :P

Pretty causal but the rumors did have this fairly sad mood overall. Nothing too special seeing how it is mainly them hanging out. But still above average IMO because it isn't just raw fanservice OVA and have some plot. It will probably end up the rumor being a rumor. Koko started it for the most part. She probably didn't realize she leaked it to people. Now everyone starts to panic.
Then other ship hear about it and starts to recruit. This further reinforces her belief and just spirals out of control.
Just what I think. They are probably refloating it and repairing it.
Apr 5, 2017 11:36 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm... How nice they again to see. Really, it's like if you'd with some good friends after a long period again see.

It's fun and bless to see this times they in the school/city setting, it's so refreshing - and their usual life.

Hmm... I had always the guess that Mariko from a welthy/rich family coming (probably is she a Yakuza-princess...xD)

And my as well beloved Mei-chan, she is the best^_^

Let's hope really for a 2nd seaon!
Apr 5, 2017 2:44 PM

Jan 2017
I want more!! I absolutely loved this show despite the fact that there're too many characters that I sometimes can't keep up lol!! While its pretty normal by their standards, it was nice to see how they spend their free time, drawing, bowling, shougi, mahjong..

It was good acknowledgement of their skills that some of the groups were headhunted by other captains. Funny that the cooking team got headhunted too.. perhaps coz they were still able to feed the crew in a pinch, esp since their rice cooker got damaged in episode 1. They got skills....
Apr 5, 2017 6:03 PM
Aug 2016
2Dculture said:
perhaps coz they were still able to feed the crew in a pinch, esp since their rice cooker got damaged in episode 1. They got skills....

*rice cooker broken*
*curry with rice time*

What ship wouldn't want cooks who can magically make rice with a broken rice cooker?
LouieK22Apr 9, 2017 8:09 PM
Apr 6, 2017 9:42 AM
Feb 2016
LouieK22 said:
[quote=2Dculture message=50237859 perhaps coz they were still able to feed the crew in a pinch, esp since their rice cooker got damaged in episode 1. They got skills....

*rice cooker broken*
*curry with rice time*

What ship wouldn't want cooks who can magically make rice with a broken rice cooker?

Using a rice cooker is not the only way to cook rice, maybe they got hunted because they knew how to cook rice without one.
Apr 15, 2017 4:03 AM

Sep 2009
My bet they'll just give the crew some new experimental ship but we'll see.
Apr 18, 2017 12:34 PM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
The subs though. They even changed the meaning completely on the ones on KissAnime.

They're supposed to be saying:

Original: ここ、輪投げないの?
Correct subs: Don't they have hooplas here?
KissAnime subs: I think I can't win there.

Original: ないよね、ふつう。
Correct subs: They normally don't though.
KissAnime subs: Simple as that.

Original: あるとこ教えてほしいわ。
Correct subs: Tell me places they do have hooplas.
KissAnime subs: Tell me what's wrong.

Original: 輪投げがないんじゃ、他にいるより船のほうが楽しいかも。
Correct subs: Well, if they don't have hooplas, it would've been much more fun being on the ship than elsewhere.
KissAnime subs: There isn't a ship that we could use.

Original: 私も船のほうがいいよ、大変だったけど、おもしろかったし。
Correct subs: I want to be on the ship too. It was rough, but it fun.
KissAnime subs: I also wish we had one. Too bad ours has sank.

Original: 早く直らないかな、晴れ風。
Correct subs: I hope Harekaze will be fixed soon.
KissAnime subs: I hope the Harekaze will be repaired soon.

Original: 直せればいいんだけどね。
Correct subs: If they can even fix it.
KissAnime subs: That would be nice.

---Scene break---

Original: 失礼しまーす。
Correct subs: Excuse us!
KissAnime subs: Excuse us!

Original: おっ、一緒にダーツやる?
Correct subs: Ah, wanna play darts together?
KissAnime subs: Want to play darts with us?

Original: ビリヤードでもいいよ。
Correct subs: I'm fine with billiards as well.
KissAnime subs: Or perhaps billiards?

Original: いや〜、みんなでやるならボーリングでしょ!
Correct subs: Nah, if we're all doing something, it has to be bowling!
KissAnime subs: No, let's all do some bowling!

Original: いやいや、ここはやっぱり、ドキュンと輪投げで!
Correct subs: No no, at times like this, let's just play hoopla!
KissAnime subs: No, no! Because you're all here, let's relax for a moment.

The correct subs make more sense.

As for the episode itself, I'm eagerly waiting for the second part. The OVAs seem to have decent plot that can easily be transformed into the beginning of Season 2, to continue their character development. A lot of the crew on Harekaze were generic and were not introduced, so I think a second season would be a great opportunity.
Apr 23, 2017 12:50 PM

Feb 2009
Season 2 pretty much confirmed...
Jun 3, 2017 11:00 AM

Jan 2015
Radzeer said:
Season 2 pretty much confirmed...

Oh, I'd love a season 2. I hope we get one.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Jun 20, 2017 12:31 PM

Sep 2013
Kouko going around delivering sealed orders and the rumors of the group being disbanded grows :'(
Jul 16, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2009
I bet its just a rumor...
Mar 27, 2018 4:10 PM

Feb 2007
The more they panic, the more I'm sure it'll be fine. Nice to see the Harekaze again, though - and considering the comments about a certain someone's wealth, I'm even more sure it'll be fixed, not broken down, especially after all they went through. Or if that should not be possible, displayed somewhere and our crew given a new ship, but that seems less likely.
Mar 27, 2018 11:42 PM

Oct 2008
So many girls doing various games!

Apr 4, 2018 12:04 PM

Sep 2015
I was not expecting any mahjong in this series, but I was pleasantly surprised to see it. These girls are pretty good. Analysis time!

bucket3432Apr 4, 2018 12:31 PM
Feb 16, 2020 5:52 AM

Sep 2018
Quite funny and very introductory as regards the knowledge of the Harekaze characters, especially for those who have seen very little in the anime series; from this point of view this OVA has been excellent, as far as the story is concerned, as in the anime series, it seems to me a little exaggerated. Drawings and animations more than good as quality, ditto the backgrounds.
Jul 29, 2020 12:22 AM

Jan 2020
Our beloved Coco-chan is really worried about the fact that the Harekaze class might get disbanded. Mostly likely, they won't. But who knows? We have to watch the next episode in order to find out!

Overall, a pretty fun episode I would say. But I was really confused when they were playing Mahjong and Shogi/Japanese Chess as I don't know a single thing about these games.
Oct 11, 2021 5:26 AM

Aug 2018
Girls having free time, doing, what they like.. Well, and some girls at least trying to do something..
Hm.. So captain of other teams are now hunting our crew members, hm.. Well.. Maybe it's for the better.. I mean, that girls already get invitations.. However it'll end - having possibilities is better than not having them..
Dec 20, 2021 8:57 AM

Feb 2020
Poor girls. Their class might get disbanded.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet OVA Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

26 by Serafos »»
Dec 20, 2021 9:32 AM

» OVA Preview

APNki - Mar 25, 2017

1 by Tenryuu1 »»
Mar 25, 2017 8:43 AM

» When will this OVA come out?

RyanWisemanMusic - Jan 28, 2017

6 by RyanWisemanMusic »»
Feb 14, 2017 9:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.