Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
Oct 27, 2016 3:24 PM

Click image to view non-blurred, full picture, with examples.

Have a look at my signature.

That's what I'm talking about.

Usage:
[img]https://www.foxinflame.tk/dev/MALembed/USERNAME[/img]

Change USERNAME with your MAL username.

Any feedback is welcome!

Edit: Created website with explanation, history, and a live editor.

I created this small project because I wanted something that would display the anime list. A month after creation, I learned about the official Signature feature. Well then. But even that wasn't that full featured as my project.

Modified by FoxInFlame, Mar 31, 12:31 PM
My Chrome Extension, QuickMyAnimeList is now on the Chrome Web Store! LinkThread

Oct 27, 2016 3:47 PM

Oct 27, 2016 3:49 PM
SenpieX said:

Hmm.. Not bad. Looks awesome!

Thanks for the feedback!

Soon this thread is going to be filled with these because you reply to these, and you have signatures to these, etc.... :P
Modified by FoxInFlame, Jan 10, 11:01 AM
My Chrome Extension, QuickMyAnimeList is now on the Chrome Web Store! LinkThread

Oct 27, 2016 3:51 PM

FoxInFlame said:
SenpieX said:

Hmm.. Not bad. Looks awesome!

Thanks for the feedback!

[i]Soon this thread is going to be filled with these because you reply to these, and you have signatures to these, etc.... :P[/b]
I would've changed watching color to green and completed to blue just like MAL but it's fine atm too

Oct 27, 2016 3:54 PM
SenpieX said:
FoxInFlame said:

Thanks for the feedback!

[i]Soon this thread is going to be filled with these because you reply to these, and you have signatures to these, etc.... :P[/b]
I would've changed watching color to green and completed to blue just like MAL but it's fine atm too

I wanted to do that too, but then, dark green on dark blue for Watching was just plain horrible, and blue on blue for Completed was invisible.

I might make the Completed light blue, and Watching light green.

Oct 27, 2016 3:55 PM

Oct 27, 2016 3:58 PM
SenpieX said:
FoxInFlame said:

I might make the Completed light blue, and Watching light green.

That's what I meant

There. Done. Everything should be updated.

Oct 27, 2016 4:03 PM

Looks cool i like it

Oct 27, 2016 5:35 PM
The Nexus

Looks cool, good job.

Oct 27, 2016 5:41 PM
レイナーレ

Cool
I like this idea.

Oct 27, 2016 6:59 PM

That's pretty cool I like it.

Oct 27, 2016 7:24 PM

Its pretty cool but I wish it could look better. Its not bad but it doesn't look artistically pleasing.
Modified by KaiserNazrin, Oct 27, 2016 7:27 PM

Stop looking at her with your filthy eyes.

Oct 27, 2016 7:58 PM

Thanks for it OP,you're doing a great job.

Oct 27, 2016 8:01 PM

good looks
Im glad people arent all just being retarded on mal, but actually helping the community thrive
sub-intelligent-being said:
Diplomacy only works when the people you are negotiating with are actually sane and reasonable human beings. Terrorists aren't human - they're a disease and diseases should be wiped out.

set made by mkim

Oct 27, 2016 8:03 PM

Let's see how this looks!

Update : ooOOoOo

Oct 27, 2016 8:41 PM

Let's see, let's see...

Woah, that's cool!

Oct 27, 2016 8:45 PM
The Nexus

The only thing I would want to add would be a way to change the backround

Oct 27, 2016 10:48 PM
NexAnim88 said:
The only thing I would want to add would be a way to change the backround

I'll work on that. Parameters would be good, right?

Something maybe like /USERNAME?background=HEXCOLOR&watchingText=HEXCOLOR...

Oct 27, 2016 10:49 PM
KaiserNazrin said:

Its pretty cool but I wish it could look better. Its not bad but it doesn't look artistically pleasing.

Any way you think I could make it better? Color schemes?

Oct 27, 2016 10:50 PM
The Nexus

FoxInFlame said:

I'll work on that. Parameters would be good, right?

Something maybe like /USERNAME?background=HEXCOLOR&watchingText=HEXCOLOR...

Yea that's a good idea.

Oct 28, 2016 12:27 AM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

Looks like a nice, but the background could use some work. Solid colors just aren't appeasing nowadays, especially on a white site layout.

Oct 28, 2016 12:39 AM
Tyrel said:
Looks like a nice, but the background could use some work. Solid colors just aren't appeasing nowadays, especially on a white site layout.

I'm just a bit scared, that if I use pictures, the text isn't going to be able to be read.

Oct 28, 2016 12:53 AM
Forum Moderator
Kanade♥

That's why you test with a bunch of stuff before going with it officially :P.

Oct 28, 2016 5:24 AM

You could have different options for the background, even adding a basic variable like &color=#whatever would do the job and everybody'd be able to choose the color they want.
Anyhow, interesting idea, I believe I did something similar but with score distribution a long time ago.

Oct 28, 2016 5:07 PM
Update:

Now features anime characters!
Insert one of the predefined anime characters on the side!

Also colors as well! Enter a hex color code as a parameter (more on website) and make it colorful!

Made a website for explanation.

Edit:
Wow, the signature and this makes my eyes go.... nuts.

Oct 28, 2016 7:04 PM

This is a really cool idea.

FoxInFlame said:
Update:

Also colors as well! Enter a hex color code as a parameter (more on website) and make it colorful!
So whatever you did to get those characters to appear on there. Could you do that but have it cover the entire background?

Oct 28, 2016 7:04 PM
The Nexus

Nice! It's progressively getting better, keep up the good work. Really like these new additions

Oct 29, 2016 8:56 AM
Fo said:
This is a really cool idea.

FoxInFlame said:
Update:

So whatever you did to get those characters to appear on there. Could you do that but have it cover the entire background?

Something along these lines? (Couldn't get the image to scale properly; I'll just have the images hosted on my server, already scaled)

Oct 29, 2016 9:43 AM
The Nexus

Yea with the backround changed to a picture it looks much better

Oct 29, 2016 2:02 PM
NexAnim88 said:
Yea with the backround changed to a picture it looks much better

Fo said:

Annuvin said:
You could have different options for the background, even adding a basic variable like &color=#whatever would do the job and everybody'd be able to choose the color they want.
Anyhow, interesting idea, I believe I did something similar but with score distribution a long time ago.

Tyrel said:

Update:

Pictures as backgrounds! Use your own by providing a Imgur picture id or choose one of the default 4! If you are going to upload your own picture, it will be scaled, so it's better to create one with the aspect ratio of 25:8 (400x128).

More explanation and usage on the website.
Modified by FoxInFlame, Oct 29, 2016 3:25 PM

Oct 29, 2016 2:05 PM

Ayy thanks a ton for this dude!

Oct 29, 2016 2:31 PM

Oct 29, 2016 2:32 PM
SenpieX said:
Looks really awesome when you add background images. Good work OP :)

Thank you!

Klad said:
Ayy thanks a ton for this dude!

You are welcome!

Oct 29, 2016 2:43 PM
Whoa... That's cool! Great job, OP.

Oct 29, 2016 3:26 PM
Another cool update!

Shadows! Useful for when the text is hard to read on lighter backgrounds, like the default4 one!

Check the website on how to use it.

Oct 29, 2016 3:27 PM

This is awesome, really awesome!
"Move as swiftly as the wind"
"Stay as silent as the forest"
"Strike as fierce as the fire"
"Undefeated like the mountain"

Oct 29, 2016 6:21 PM

That's mad dank. Cool if I use this?

Edit: Testing this out; having trouble finding a color shadow I like so black seems fine.

Modified by Fo, Oct 29, 2016 7:56 PM

Oct 29, 2016 7:38 PM

This is really cool!

Oct 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Couple backgrounds I made; took me literally 10 seconds but maybe some people might wanna use em.

Oct 29, 2016 8:13 PM

You should make it so that people can add any character at the corner of the signature if they know how to make one that fit.

Oct 29, 2016 11:45 PM

Pretty neat idea, with backgrounds and such it's really cool.
Keep up the work.

Oct 30, 2016 1:34 AM
KaiserNazrin said:
You should make it so that people can add any character at the corner of the signature if they know how to make one that fit.

I don't think I'll do that.
I had to manually change the position pixel by pixel for each character, for they have different edges and sizes even after the original image is resized.

Oct 30, 2016 1:55 AM

FoxInFlame said:
KaiserNazrin said:

I don't think I'll do that.
I had to manually change the position pixel by pixel for each character, for they have different edges and sizes even after the original image is resized.

Well, that's a bummer.

Oct 30, 2016 2:00 AM
Forum Moderator
Zuramaru

Not bad actually. The only problem I see is that it takes time to load. I'll try to tinker with this when I have the time.
Modified by julyan, Oct 30, 2016 2:05 AM

MAL Rewrite  
Site & Forum Guidelines  
Report Abuse

Zuramaru ♪

Oct 30, 2016 2:40 AM
julyan said:

Not bad actually. The only problem I see is that it takes time to load. I'll try to tinker with this when I have the time.

Blame it on the free hosting service. I'm too broke to afford a paid server.

Oct 30, 2016 2:45 AM
Forum Moderator
Zuramaru

FoxInFlame said:
julyan said:

Blame it on the free hosting service. I'm too broke to afford a paid server.

Well, if this gets big enough, I doubt no one will be kind enough to donate some cash to afford a monthly server service. And you also need to keep in mind the profile badges that'll come up.... soon. That's definitely something you'd want to put here.

Any idea how much you need pay to make this run smoothly though? Perhaps I can help?

MAL Rewrite  
Site & Forum Guidelines  
Report Abuse

Zuramaru ♪

Oct 30, 2016 3:42 AM
Inori

cool. curse you limit daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Oct 30, 2016 7:03 AM

@FoxInFlame, @julyan, you can get a decent (1TB bandwidth, but it's more of a soft limit currently, i.e. they don't charge you if you go over it) server on DigitalOcean for ~$5 a month - that's not really a fortune.
Also, GitHub offers $50 in credits through their Student Developer Pack if you happen to have an .edu email lying around.
Modified by Annuvin, Oct 30, 2016 7:11 AM

Oct 30, 2016 7:16 AM
Forum Moderator
Zuramaru

Annuvin said:
@FoxInFlame, @julyan, you can get a decent (1TB bandwidth, but it's more of a soft limit currently, i.e. they don't charge you if you go over it) server on DigitalOcean for ~$5 a month - that's not really a fortune.
Also, GitHub offers $50 in credits through their Student Developer Pack if you happen to have an .edu email lying around.

Sounds like a good deal. And I doubt we'll need more than 1TB a month even if the number of user grows quite reasonably.

Unfortunately, my uni never gave us an edu email, just a custom email from google which I rarely used xD

MAL Rewrite  
Site & Forum Guidelines  
Report Abuse

Zuramaru ♪

Oct 30, 2016 7:24 AM
julyan said:
Annuvin said:

Sounds like a good deal. And I doubt we'll need more than 1TB a month even if the number of user grows quite reasonably.

Unfortunately, my uni never gave us an edu email, just a custom email from google which I rarely used xD

Annuvin said:

Let me say a few points.

1. I don't own an edu email address. Since I'm not in the US, I only get a custom domain Google account.
2. I don't have a credit card. Nor a bank account. I'm pretty young. XD
3. I'm just broke in pocket money because I buy too much junk food and useless stuff which I regret buying later.
4. It could also be slow because I didn't take time to perfect the code. I don't know how to perfect it anyway. I just used my basic knowledge.
5. Never heard of profile badges. Any details/information that I can look into?

I'll try to keep it going on my current server until it hits a point where it can no longer handle all the bandwidth. Then I'll just end the project, simply put.
Modified by FoxInFlame, Oct 30, 2016 7:57 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »