Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Looks like this episode explores more of the school life at Kamakura Nagasaki.

The infirmary does not look like a fun place to be lol
Glad to see they got a little bit out outdoor exploring too.
Jan 20, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2010
So they made up their minds about making a club and they already got a club room but since it was mentioned earlier that making a new club is hard they might run into some issues.
they also have to recruit some members by the look sof it.
Jan 20, 2017 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
Classic club formation episode.

Watching the girls look around the different clubs was pretty fun, was Hiromi drowning in a pool were she could actually stand? xD

Was nice hearing the Principal's nostalgic story.
And so the Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha bu is formed. :3
Jan 20, 2017 10:23 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The club is formed. I like the princess character the most of out all members so far.
Jan 20, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2012
And thus the bicycle club was reborn! Pretty sweet episode all around. Fuyune's granny was quite the looker in her youth! XD
Jan 20, 2017 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Okay. Good ep'.

Surprised Hiromi knows nothing about Okinawa (she's from Nagasaki, almost as far South as you can go on the 4 main islands that make up Japan)?

Was going to write off Fuyune as The Spoiled Little Rich Girl, but we're given some backstory on her (her older sister, bedridden). Okay. Fuyune's alright with me.

The girls are all looking at the pictures, I'm looking at THAT OLD TOURING FRAME on the wall! Front and rear racks still attached, front derailleur's there ... GRUPPO wa doko desu ka? (laughing).

The detail on the bikes is like manna from Heaven for me. If they'd gotten it wrong, I'd be disappointed. In this case: the cantilever brakes on the old touring frames of the 1974-era club. Yup. Period-correct. Good Job, J.C.Staff.
Almost older than dirt
Jan 20, 2017 12:10 PM

Apr 2012
Aversa said:
So they made up their minds about making a club and they already got a club room but since it was mentioned earlier that making a new club is hard they might run into some issues.
they also have to recruit some members by the look sof it.

The headmaster is her grandmother I don't think it will be a problem.
Jan 20, 2017 1:58 PM
Jan 2017
Manckx said:
Okay. Good ep'.

Surprised Hiromi knows nothing about Okinawa (she's from Nagasaki, almost as far South as you can go on the 4 main islands that make up Japan)?

Was going to write off Fuyune as The Spoiled Little Rich Girl, but we're given some backstory on her (her older sister, bedridden). Okay. Fuyune's alright with me.

The girls are all looking at the pictures, I'm looking at THAT OLD TOURING FRAME on the wall! Front and rear racks still attached, front derailleur's there ... GRUPPO wa doko desu ka? (laughing).

The detail on the bikes is like manna from Heaven for me. If they'd gotten it wrong, I'd be disappointed. In this case: the cantilever brakes on the old touring frames of the 1974-era club. Yup. Period-correct. Good Job, J.C.Staff.
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed that old touring frame. I really wanna see that come off the wall and put back in service. Classics need love too! Almost has me wanting to go garage sale hunting again.
Jan 20, 2017 4:07 PM

Dec 2013
It's really fun anime really sad that it is rated that low :/.
Grandma was dead right " we lose somethings by going fast "
AlhakamJan 20, 2017 4:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2017 6:10 PM

Dec 2016
Well at least they tried a whole bunch of different clubs.

The cosplay club would have been my choice.
Jan 20, 2017 7:07 PM

Mar 2014
what i realize throughout this ep is that the ending song is so fking good
wonder which school they attend. it has so many clubs and good facilities it seems like this school is rich.
ButtSlapperJan 20, 2017 7:23 PM
Jan 20, 2017 7:27 PM

Oct 2012
ButtSlapper said:
what i realize throughout this ep is that the ending song is so fking good.
This.
While I am enjoying the show for what it is, I am absolutely amazed at the OP and ED themes. Like I can never skip either of them, the OP just really gets me in a good mood and the ED is unbelievably good.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 20, 2017 10:35 PM

Apr 2011
Hmm...The synopsis is quite different from the actual scenes here. The synopsis says the club was already formed, in here, they're still forming one. Anyway, It feels a a bit nostalgic knowing that the club existed back in the 70's and the grandmother/principal was a member was nice. And the clubhouse was cool. With the principal as a former club member and the new homeroom teacher as club adviser, it'll be easy to make resurrect the bicycle club. They need one more member which is the foreigner.

The OP and ED are okay. But I feel the ED suited more on Yowamushi Pedal than an all-girls bicycle club.
Jan 21, 2017 1:05 AM

Nov 2015
She looked like she was dead.

Jan 21, 2017 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
so they are forming the club the already have a room so that's a plus but it's not going to be that easy is it
Jan 21, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
The arrival of the canonical moment when you create the club, it was inevitable. Not proved boring episode, because in the end, there was the more or less marked characterization, there was a small section on the last decades of the history behind the modern Japan, and has also explored a while the area around the school, giving us the opportunity to appreciate the fine work done by JC Saff in the backgrounds. Maybe it's in a bit less fun, but more concrete with regard to the story. I'm surprised he took the initiative to found the club of the girls on bicycles, he has been Kamikura Fuyune and not Maiharu Hiromi. Drawings and animations, are of good quality, the backgrounds are the best part of the soul, very beautiful and well made. Perhaps by this time, the story will begin to take a very different path from that view in Long Riders.
Jan 21, 2017 8:39 AM

Jul 2015
They got a pretty dang nice school, especially the pool section, but dang, they suck at sports. And as I said before, it's nice how there is more than one of them inexperienced with biking instead of just one to do all the whining. The Cycling Club was formed, and they have a nice little hang out with some backstory. Good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 21, 2017 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
I have to concur with a couple of other comments that Fuyune is the best character. She came off as arrogant in episode 2, but we get a nice glance at her backstory in this ep. I guess she was trying to photograph birds and scenery for her sis?

The founding of the club is a trope as old as the hills, but grandma's reminiscing about her adventures in the 70's and the onrush of modernization simultaneously making life more convenient and wrecking everything was a nice touch this episode.

I'm with ya grandma, I've seen it myself.
Jan 21, 2017 3:21 PM

Aug 2016
This was nice. I like grandma.
Jan 21, 2017 5:12 PM

Dec 2016
This shows starting to pick up! The 70's-80 were defiantly the bike bike boom, when people headed out everywhere to see the world on bikes.
Jan 22, 2017 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
I would like to add that the direction of the story seems to have departed from the Long Riders trajectory. I like Long Riders also, but it's good that this show is heading off in its own direction.
Jan 23, 2017 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
Fuyume Oujo best girl :)

Trying out clubs and fuyume grandma principal makes them decide on bike club.

Jan 23, 2017 7:36 PM
Jan 2017
Nice to have another cycling show to watch as Long Riders winds down. Enjoying the development here of the various supporting characters, nice to see them being given backing stories. The friendship development and team formation was more believable in LR imho, here it follows the trope of forming a club at school pretty closely but the principal characters and her past gave it a little extra.

Would be nice to see the girls use bikes other than road racing but from the looks of the stills and the opening credits, they'll be getting into competition soon enough.

Question is will my 9 year old bike crazy daughter want a Long Riders team jersey or a Minami Kamakura jersey for her b-day? lol
Jan 24, 2017 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
jitensha bu us formed.
That backstory with hrr grand mother
Jan 24, 2017 7:22 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That Hiromi lol
The way she was walking on the pool was priceless.

Real relaxfull episode. The backstory to the club was real good and I agree, back then riding bikes was fun. Nowadays you hardly see kids on bikes because they are so into technology.

I found it a bit surprising that Fuyune gave the club key to Hiromi instead of Fuyune since she was the one that came up with the idea to revive the club. Looking forward to the adventures the group will have.

Jan 25, 2017 4:50 AM

May 2009
I think she is more retarded than Hane
Jan 27, 2017 5:41 AM

Jun 2008
bastek66 said:
I think she is more retarded than Hane
I had to facepalm myself when she said that. I don't find it hard to believe that there are truly people like this in the world.

I'm finding I like Fuyune also. She's not coming as the spoiled, rich girl that's portrayed in most animes. She has a bit of humbleness around her because of what we've seen with her sister. She and Tomoe are turning into the best girls of this series.

YogaCycleQC said:
Question is will my 9 year old bike crazy daughter want a Long Riders team jersey or a Minami Kamakura jersey for her b-day? lol
You might be lucky to find the cosplay versions of these jerseys. I found the both the cosplay version and actual Yowamushi Pedal bike kits on Amazon. The Sohoku high school shorts are a bit shear. I did a long ride in it last spring with no issues.
Dodecahedron-O24Jan 27, 2017 5:51 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jan 30, 2017 2:09 PM

Nov 2015
Very amusing episode.
Finally they decided to found a club.
I guess the following episode will include more bicycle riding.

4/5
Feb 1, 2017 4:06 AM

Oct 2008
The cycling is slowly forming-up with 4 pioneer original members!
3/5.

Feb 1, 2017 11:08 AM
May 2016
YogaCycleQC said:
You might be lucky to find the cosplay versions of these jerseys. I found the both the cosplay version and actual Yowamushi Pedal bike kits on Amazon. The Sohoku high school shorts are a bit shear. I did a long ride in it last spring with no issues.[/quote]

So wait, are you saying the Yowapeda outfits are actual padded bike shorts made from the correct kinds of materials? I assumed they were just for cosplay!
Feb 1, 2017 6:35 PM
Mar 2012
randonneur? interesting, photos show pedal cages, supposedly predecessors to clipless pedals. I was recently looking for FRS (straps), the modern variant to cages.
Hiromi keeps up the retardedness, and no that's not how you swim...
Ojou sama has more backstory, quite interesting with her sister & relating to traveling by foot. And that cramp is real, every biker dreads that moment.
Feb 3, 2017 11:35 AM

Nov 2016
gophercg said:
"... pedal cages, supposedly predecessors to clipless pedals ...."

Thank you, gophercg, that made me laugh. Quill pedals, toe clips and toe straps, that's how we did it in Ye Olden Days. I probably still have a set of "rat-trap" pedals in the basement. Cheers!
Almost older than dirt
Feb 12, 2017 8:02 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Lelouch0202 said:
Classic club formation episode.

--

i agree totally with you Lelouch ;) This episode was a very classic, of book!!! Regards partner!!! ;)

Third episode, and this series don´t has nothing special :(
Mar 9, 2017 9:29 PM

Feb 2014
As usual, the Ojou turns out to be best girl. I especially like that she isn't like your typical Ojou character with the "ohohoho" laugh (not that I hate them), but is a bit of a tomboy. Kind of reminds me of Rin Tousaka, especially with that hair and voice (which is just as hot).
Jun 4, 2017 11:04 PM

Mar 2015
That nostalgic bit from the principal was nice

And so the club is formed! It was strange how it took them having to listen to a compelling story instead of seeing that they all had something in common and such a club wasn't already in place to begin with
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 25, 2020 3:16 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they're going to run that old bike club? that's a pretty good idea yeah
Apr 22, 2021 10:01 AM

Feb 2020
The bicycle club was reborn. Good job, Fuyune!

Grandma's backstory was really interesting.

"40 years? Bicycles have been around that long?" <-- Hiromi is so stupid. xD

SerafosJan 1, 5:14 AM
Oct 26, 2021 1:24 PM

Jul 2016
That rare case when the ojou-sama character is actually likeable...
Aug 22, 2023 10:19 AM

Dec 2012
This is starting to remind me more of Tamayura, especially with the cozy little hideout. I couldn't help but get a bit teary eyed when the grandmother was reminiscing on her cycling club. She seems really soothing & I felt like I was listening to my own grandma's tales.

"There are certainly things gained through speed. But I think we also lose some things by going fast."

A very fitting sentiment for this show's more laid back atmosphere.

I was surprised to see Fuyune be the one to suggest starting a cycling club. Between her reason for wanting to travel & how cute her oujo-san routine is, Fuyune is already my favorite. This is really shaping up into a gem of a series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

36 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 24, 2023 6:02 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 23, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

33 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 22, 2023 11:27 PM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:40 AM

Poll: » Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

88 by Zekkenshin »»
Aug 21, 2023 5:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.