Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So we get to see a bit of background storytelling about Shun's "father" (aka Asanaga)
Now it makes sense about his motives.

It also reveals about Makiko and her health wasn't good at the time. It's also revealed that Delzaine is Shun's real father. Families can be so complicated...
Sep 3, 2016 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
So many revelations in this episode, and it was so emotional... I honestly feel bad for Shun, he's going through a lot right now. The worst part is that he had to see Delzaine die..
Sep 3, 2016 12:59 PM

Mar 2012
This episode full of feels. I wish Delzaine and Shun had a moment with each other as father and son. The flashbacks with Shun's father was nice, I hope they can make up somehow even after all he's claimed he's done like murder his uncle

CEOAmaterasuSep 3, 2016 1:05 PM
Sep 3, 2016 1:00 PM

Feb 2012
Lel all of this got so mixed up real fast.

It was nice to see flashbacks of the past and Shun's father. Looking forward to next week's episode.
Sep 3, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe I am now unironically looking forward to the next episode this is amazing
Sep 3, 2016 1:40 PM
Jul 2018
Shun's real father is Delzaine. This episode was quite emotional!
Sep 3, 2016 3:22 PM

Oct 2014
This is actually becoming decent. Glad I stuck through it.
Sep 3, 2016 4:53 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
We already knew Delzaine was his father since the previous episode, it was not really revealed in this episode; Shun was just shocked to process the details the first time, but damn was this episode emotional. I couldn't care less about Asanaga, he KILLED someone and kept a child that wasn't his. I'm not sure his wife would appreciate his gesture if she knew the whole truth about what he did. I appreciated that there were flashbacks of Shun's childhood though and it's realistic how he can't just forget his entire life, but it's not enough to forgive the guy.

I actually cried just remembering how parent and son met once, exchanged almost a word or 2 and then he died... Can it really get sadder than this? I assumed neither of the 2 realised their relationship, but apparently Delzaine did just before he died :( So many years trying to reach him with so much opposition and he barely had a word with his kid :< It managed to pull off a legit drama twist successfully and this series is getting ~5. What is wrong with people :<

If it's gonna get a low score, at least bring bring Delzaine back even if that meant the series' doom T.T
Sep 3, 2016 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
Is it just me or has this show just gotten better and better each episode.
Yo
Sep 3, 2016 8:43 PM
May 2010
Well despite the slow/mediocre start it actually got better! glad I kept watching, because it sure got interesting.
Sep 3, 2016 10:07 PM

Jan 2015
What a fate. No wonder Shun and Emilio act just like their father does, like a REAL brother.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 4, 2016 8:28 PM

Jan 2014
Finding out that Delzaine wanted to revive Babel just to find Shun broke my heart...
Sep 4, 2016 8:28 PM

Dec 2009
God this was an emotional episode, like I honestly have no idea what's going to happen or how Shun and Emilio are going to deal with Shun's fake dad. Seriously Asanaga seems to not be entirely evil but he's done outright evil things so I don't see any redemption coming from him. Man this series is so good now, it's such crap that its sitting at below a 6 score.
Sep 4, 2016 8:33 PM

Jan 2014
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
God this was an emotional episode, like I honestly have no idea what's going to happen or how Shun and Emilio are going to deal with Shun's fake dad. Seriously Asanaga seems to not be entirely evil but he's done outright evil things so I don't see any redemption coming from him. Man this series is so good now, it's such crap that its sitting at below a 6 score.

Ah, its rating definitely deserves to be higher! I hope people write better reviews for it.
Sep 6, 2016 4:10 PM

Jun 2014
woaw took them 20 episode but the plot is strong in this one
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2016 7:23 PM

Apr 2015
Asanaga is a two face.
I feel sorry for his wife because she has no idea how cruel her husband is.
I really hope someone kill him. But shun and emilio probably won't have the guts to do it.
Shun and emilio were so cute when they were babies. *_*
Sep 9, 2016 12:10 AM

Dec 2015
"I planned everything from the beginning." Really? It doesn't look like it.

Now, the only thing left to discover was Asanaga's real ambitions (at first and later).

4.5-/5 Only flashbacks and recycled scenes but I liked the episode.
Sep 9, 2016 5:34 AM

Jan 2011
While I agree this has gotten better, it's not enough to make up for the mind numbing tediousness that it stuck with for so long, or to give it any significant score raise.
Oct 16, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2016
Am I the only one who's no okay with the fact that Shun's "dad" stole him then killed his uncle, and he's like "nah, he couldn't be that bad." Like he stole Shun's life away and killed his uncle and Shun watched his real dad die in front of him. But, he doesn't seem to be phased that his "dad" abducted him and killed people, I feel like Shun's just okay with it. I'm so triggered by that... like your "dad" is a psychopath/murder dude and you're okay with it? Idk if it' just because he hasn't processed it and I understand that he would still love him, I think some people would still love close family if they found out they did something terrible, but I think that Shun doesn't even acknowledge that fact that his "dad" is a psycho. And I think the "mom" is also super unstable. I do feel bad that she had a miscarriage, but you don't knowingly keep a baby that your husband abducted. She was like "I just couldn't let go of you," totally blowing past the idea that her "son" is an abducted child. Her excuse was the she new it was wrong but couldn't let go. I think I'm not okay with this because I like Endora better than the Surface, I'm biased toward the Endora side b/c I just like it better, and I feel that the Surface people took advantage of the people from Endora. Like I feel sso bad that Delzaine spent his whole life searching for a way to get his child back, and Shun's "parents" just thought is was acceptable to just keep him and kill his uncles. I think I'm just salty about the whole situation b/c I'm biased toward Endora, but that's my ten cents on everything ^.^
Feb 7, 2019 2:13 AM

Jan 2015
Everything is cleared now in this anime.
Mar 19, 2:05 PM
Nov 2017
Well well will you look at that, I'm actually glad I continued watching. I always wondered why Shun could use warp relic but it makes perfect sense now!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Endride Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

39 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 5:29 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

41 by Craneface »»
Mar 19, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2016

20 by Minakata_Hizuru »»
Dec 25, 2022 8:06 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2016

140 by Blargian »»
Oct 18, 2022 4:50 PM

Poll: » Endride Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

53 by PhoenixEvolver »»
Aug 18, 2022 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.