Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2016 5:13 AM

Oct 2015
TheHomie20 said:
One piece anime has officially fallen off people. Loved watching and hated waiting a week for an ep. Now I don't even care because these fucks at Toei are useless. I'll just stick to the manga.

I know right. Last two episodes were nothing short of painfully awful. -1 score for me.
Manga for the win!
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Mar 28, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2008
AForgottenSoul said:
ok normally i defend the pacing etc.. but this episode was a joke literally 15mins of crying.. like give me a break

In it's defense the chapter after Doffy's defeat was exactly like this...
Mar 28, 2016 7:11 AM

Jun 2011
Cryptical said:
And yeah..please, please improve the pacing. Does anyone know how big the gap is between the Anime and the Manga? I would think pretty big now because of the slow pacing in the Anime this arc.
Someone has already answered you on your question, but yea, the pacing probably won't get better in the anime, but the next arc will probably be fine in the anime. Dressrosa felt so slow because nothing much happened in the equivalent manga chapters too.

By the way, the last time we saw Sanji and co., they were going up against Big Mam's ship.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 28, 2016 10:35 AM
Dec 2014
How many episodes left in the arc based on the current pace?
Mar 28, 2016 10:45 AM

Nov 2010
small44 said:

10 assuming it's 1 chap per episode, but scince they have been going slower than that in this arc, then maybe 13?
Mar 28, 2016 10:47 AM
Dec 2014
Dahaka_ said:
small44 said:

10 assuming it's 1 chap per episode, but scince they have been going slower than that in this arc, then maybe 13?

Thank you I will put the anime on-hold until the end of the arc.
Mar 29, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
I almost cried too, at how shit slow this arc has been.
Mar 29, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2014
All this drama. -.-' Oh well, I guess it's some mixed feelings here. Happiness and sadness at the same time. But they extended it way too far. People that is actually not important should have got screen time at all. I mean just why some Colosseum fighters important?? Oh well, what made me LMAO were the aftermath face expression of Luffy. LOL, got to be the year best after fight pic xD:

Mar 29, 2016 1:16 PM

May 2014
Alvarito92 said:
lol. wish i was leo

I see what you did there. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mar 29, 2016 1:17 PM

May 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
Dressrosa is finally free, What lies beyond the cage is not a destroyed city but a land of freedom :D
I always love it when Franky does the 'Super!!' XD

Loved the use of all the classic OST in this episode, Mother Sea and Overtaken <3

Someone in the crowd had a Shirt with Lucy written on it during the announcement. :o
Sad that they dragged Gyat's announcement so much.

I actually expected the episode to be completely shitty but it was actually pretty emotional, Probably cause of the excellent OST usage.

Sabo next episode :D

LOL, were did you see that?? Can you please upload a pic? :D
Mar 29, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2014
ichii_1 said:
I almost cried too, at how shit slow this arc has been.

LOL, your comment made me LMAO. xD Best comment in this thread. Couldn't agree more. ^^
Mar 29, 2016 6:04 PM

Dec 2014
mangalicker94 said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Dressrosa is finally free, What lies beyond the cage is not a destroyed city but a land of freedom :D
I always love it when Franky does the 'Super!!' XD

Loved the use of all the classic OST in this episode, Mother Sea and Overtaken <3

Someone in the crowd had a Shirt with Lucy written on it during the announcement. :o
Sad that they dragged Gyat's announcement so much.

I actually expected the episode to be completely shitty but it was actually pretty emotional, Probably cause of the excellent OST usage.

Sabo next episode :D

Right there in the right bottom corner xD
Mar 29, 2016 7:12 PM

Apr 2009
A lame clip show, but how you do a clip show and don't have Law remembering Corazon I don't understand. At least it had some good OST choices. I did like that Kyros went off somewhere quiet to try and get that dust out of his eyes.

There was so much to love in this arc and I largely didn't mind the pacing issues, but the ending has been a bit of a letdown.

Next episode looks interesting. Hopefully Sabo roasts Burgess.
Apr 2, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
Well I guess all the flashbacks were unavoidable.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 2, 2016 6:03 PM
Dec 2014
Why One piece don't go on hiatus most anime do that.
Apr 7, 2016 11:49 PM

Apr 2013
thebrentinator24 said:
Flashbacks, secondary characters and pointless fodder characters cheering, more flashbacks, and Gyats taking 45 minutes to announce that Luffy was the winner (which should've been super fucking obvious since the birdcage was going away).......this anime is really getting worse and worse.

Pretty much nothing else to say here, flashback galore with Gantz being as annoying as possible...
Apr 10, 2016 10:40 AM

Dec 2012
We were given outstanding animation with old style in the air, all the emotions: face expressions, stands, sounds were visable. It was worth to wait that long.
Something ended, it may be yet another arc but for me it's an important chapter, in Anime and both my life -all in all how many months it has been since DressRosa started? Me cried >.<

Anyways 1 dislike is for Kyros walking away scene -he doesn't have leg yet his "walk away" was animated as he had both of them.

Hyped for next ep.
keroroslayerApr 10, 2016 10:51 AM
Apr 18, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2014
Lelouch0202 said:
mangalicker94 said:

Right there in the right bottom corner xD

haah, saw it now. You have sharp eyes I see. :P
May 23, 2016 2:22 PM

Jan 2013
Yes yes ... we get it ... Lucy is the winner.
Let's see if it takes a few more episodes to find Doffy or maybe for the entire crew to find each other.
Jun 19, 2016 7:15 PM

May 2009
I actually liked the episode even though nothing happened. Still, awful arc.
The three last arcs have been crap, tbh
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
Jun 25, 2016 6:06 AM

Apr 2010
Kyros. His tears melted my heart. ;______;
Aug 18, 2016 11:59 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see how this victory is affecting everyone positively
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 22, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2014
Emotional episode.The whole country rejoice and they should be because finally they are free :)
xcaliber9999Aug 22, 2016 1:39 PM
Aug 27, 2016 1:14 AM

May 2013
LMAO extend Gyat's crying and announcement of the obvious winner smh
Mar 6, 2017 1:17 AM

Mar 2012
I feel bad for people who waited a week for this episode lol.
Apr 28, 2017 7:05 PM

Oct 2014
Avenger-senpai said:
I feel bad for people who waited a week for this episode lol.

Exactly. Catching up fast to current episodes and I think at this point I should just put the anime away until entire arcs are finished. Watching this week by week has got to be painful.
Sep 18, 2017 6:43 PM

Mar 2011
Nice ending, but this arc was kinda boring from the start (with all those toys and dwarfs). Two fucking years, HS.
Dec 26, 2017 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
disgusting
Rebeccas tears entering Luffy's mouth
I ship it
Apr 1, 2020 7:47 AM

Jun 2016
I think this episode was a perfect encapsulation of what pacing like this can do. This arc was full of heart and soul through the writing, Law and Corazon, Kyros and Rebecca, Riku and Kyros, the tragedy of Dressrosa, the toys and Tontatta we met and Franky’s connection with them, Luffy and Rebecca, Violet and her suffering over these years and her efforts to help. I can’t name it all, but this was an arc that had a lot going for it, the fights were some of the peaks for Usopp and Zoro and Luffy in many people’s eyes through the feats they achieved, and if we don’t count Franky because his was a slobberknocker, we can still all agree it’s probably one of his best scenes ever. We had Usopp’s triumphant and hilarious development into the legendary hero Usoland. We had one of my favorite first parts of an arc, the hilarity and chaos of everyone splitting up together, Sanji and Viola, Zoro and Wicca, Kin’emon looking for Kanjuro, Luffy and Franky’s investigation and then later Franky teaming up with soldier-san, not to forget one of my favorite narratives: Green bit. Green bit was thrilling, it was hilarious with Caesar and Usopp, and the standoff of Law, Doflamingo and Fujitora was at least conceptually one of the coolest moments in One Piece for me.

However, I can ramble on about all of these highs, about the chaos and humour and heart and striking moments, some scenes which would be some of my favorites in the series, but like this episode reminded us of them, they also lost their power. Bellamy and Doflamingo and Pica are all great examples of moments that should have been exhilarating but were drawn out over the course of many episodes each to the point of boredom. That’s not even regarding the writing issues I have with Doflamingo. Early on with the colosseum it was one of my least favorite sequences, I’d get frustrated when we went back to it. And whereas the first part ending with Law’s shooting, and the 2nd part with the Palace attack and Sugar knock team as Franky held off the executives and navy were things I had minimal issues with, the final sequence with the birdcage was hard to stomach. I think this arc would have gone far better if we decided to move around the events and finish it off inside the palace when everyone faced Doffy. The pacing and amount of things going on this arc, especially near the end here with the focus on all the contestants and whatever, made it so only the most capable of watchers could remember and care about everything going on. And I watched this daily, not even weekly!

In this way, I think Dressrosa was overly ambitious and Toei didn’t do a great job with it either, adding together to make an arc which had the potential to be one of the best while having some of my favorite moments, but it ended up also having my least favorite moments in the series and a large portion I felt somewhat indifferent to. That’s my final thoughts on Dressrosa, I can’t help but feel neutral to it. I may even want to say slightly negative but I know for a fact that is only because of this ending leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

To compare it to the last two arcs, Fishman Island wasn’t amazing and there were episodes which were a bore since the characters weren’t super engaging, the villains were lacking, but I still had fun with it. It was a sandbox to explore our cast, explore some of our favorite characters and their background; the Sun Pirates and the fishmen, making for an arc which while yes, not amazing, still influenced the way I see the entire world of One Piece. It’s had ramifications that made the series reach new heights in my opinion. Fisher Tiger’s backstory is like my second favorite after Luffy’s and it’s because of how relevant it is.

Punk Hazard on the other hand has become an arc I sincerely love. The chaos and fun of placing so many different parties on one insane island full of insane things and letting them go wild was great by itself. Yet, unlike Dressrosa, the pacing didn’t hurt the wonderful moments. Humour was great but that’s generally a constant so it doesn’t say much. Rather, the character building with Law being characterized as striking and frightening and building a silent camaraderie with Smoker, or likewise the exploration of Kin’emon and his bond with Sanji stand out greatly. The fight with Vergo is one of my favorites in the series, Monet’s is definitely one to write home about. Despite the kids at times being too much, it gave Chopper a leading role alongside Nami with caring for the kids, Usopp showed his courage taking over the control room and converting his enemies to allies, Smoker and Tashigi got their first major role since Alabasta which added to both of their characters. All of which came together for a shockingly heartfelt ending with the death scenes and the phone calls, the party and Momonosuke’s reunion with his dad, and the heartstopping moment when Doflamingo left to reach the island and got fend off by Kuzan. I could go on, there are many different moments I love but that’d be redundant, the point is like above, whereas Dressrosa may have done more than this, the compact nature of so many memorable and good moments makes it stand out.

With that, I can at least say, while I understand the argument for a drop in quality in the manga and in the anime during this period, I do still find something interesting to take out of each of these arcs, even if Dressrosa is oddly enough my least favorite due to these issues.
Jun 20, 2021 7:41 AM

May 2016
Lies and hidden injustices had plagued the island of Dressrosa for well over a decade and it's finally free! It's only understandable that everyone would see this as the perfect time to let all the feelings they've trapped within themselves free as well. With the fall of the dreaded birdcage came the close of a long chapter filled with hardship and struggle.

It might suck that everyone's more or less homeless at this point but the restoration efforts shouldn't take too long with all of them working together to rebuild Dressrosa from scratch. I hope that Fujitora will somehow get the Marines to help too.

Aug 15, 2021 5:22 AM

Jun 2019
Tears of joy are overflowing... Thank you, Lucy, for saving this country.
Aug 28, 2021 12:31 PM

Aug 2021
The victory finally!!!!!!

Everyone in tears and happiness
loved it!

The above comments btw ...even I would've gone mad for such slow pace for 2 years but for me it was 3 days lmao
Aug 31, 2021 11:32 AM
May 2012
After almost two decades and 583 episodes, Luffy finally beat Doflamingo. I took a break from One Piece the last arc and decided to rewatch every episode this year due to the whole 1000 episodes coming out later. This arc was amazing, so many neat characters that I can only imagine will be important as the series moves forward. It's going to be fun to see what the future holds.
May 6, 2022 4:25 PM

Dec 2012
zaisha said:
After almost two decades and 583 episodes, Luffy finally beat Doflamingo. I took a break from One Piece the last arc and decided to rewatch every episode this year due to the whole 1000 episodes coming out later. This arc was amazing, so many neat characters that I can only imagine will be important as the series moves forward. It's going to be fun to see what the future holds.
I'm doing something similar, restarting One Piece 10 years after I first picked it up. Having much more of the story is making it a comparably better experience. I think if I had tried to force myself to watch Dressrosa weekly, I would have gone insane. In contrast, I loved this arc and the pacing issues were a minor inconvenience.
Oct 16, 2022 10:20 AM
May 2021
Finally it's over

It's biggest drag in whole OP
Jun 21, 2023 8:25 AM
Sep 2017
omg I can't believe they finally did it
Sep 13, 2023 9:06 AM
Oct 2019
Good reminiscing episode.

Omg a lot things happened in this arc.
So many emotional moments.
Man tears were shed.

Now can we go back to Nami and the others?
I missed them so much.
Nov 2, 2023 5:18 PM
Sep 2019
R U kidding me. THAT WAS IT. wtf this series is like1% great and the other 99% filler. this was the finally for this arc? lame. im powering through to catch up bt im honestly wondering why i am. and hard at episode 734. the fight scenes are sooo lame. and as soon as i start feeling a heart beat for a story they throw in literally 50 fillers before assesing that small good part of a story again. im mad. One piece anime is mid. havent read the manga but sure as hell aint wasting the time on this.yea one piece mid. change my mind.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1093 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 10

95 by nickehhhhhh »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1092 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Jan 27

59 by nickehhhhhh »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

42 by Sun_Chan »»
6 hours ago

» Why the pacing of the One Piece anime is actually good.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

46 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 995 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Oct 9, 2021

112 by vvenuzzz »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.