Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Why Furudate-sensei why???? You just had to do this didn't you?

Fukurodani was definitely the stronger team, but dammit I wanted to see Nekoma at Nationals. Why did they have to meet in the semis? Why not in the finals so both could go to the Spring Tournament?

So now the winner between Nohebi and Itachiyama (probably going to be Itachiyama) will go to Nationals along with Fukurodani to represent Tokyo.
Feb 25, 2016 4:41 PM

Dec 2011
The battle of the trash heap is down the drain now. >.<
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 25, 2016 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
Fiji said:

I wonder if Furudate will take this series into Hinata and Kageyama's second year to finally see that game happen against Kenma. I'm so sad that Kuroo, Daichi, Asahi and all the other third years of the two teams will never get to play each other in a serious match though.
Feb 25, 2016 4:49 PM

Nov 2014
Somethings got to happen for them to go to nationals, i just want more Kenma dammit!

Bokuto showing why he is the man as always tho <3
Feb 25, 2016 4:52 PM

Mar 2008
I was expecting Nekoma to win, then we'd get another the battle of the trash heap. I guess Furudate didn't want it to get too cliché. But then Fukurodani is indeed a stronger team, especially Akaashi and Bokuto together. Kenma is as skilled as Akaashi but Nekoma lacks a wing spiker like Bokuto.

The look between Akaashi and Kenma was intense.

I wasn't supporting any of the teams because whoever wins I get sad. RIP
Feb 25, 2016 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
Haynesarr said:
Somethings got to happen for them to go to nationals, i just want more Kenma dammit!

Bokuto showing why he is the man as always tho <3

Maybe what happened in Prince of Tennis will happen here where
Feb 25, 2016 5:02 PM

Jul 2015
Did I save all Bokuto's faces in this chapter or did they save me (the answer is yes to both).

And if Furudate's following irl rules (which so far he has) then Nekoma might have another chance hopefully!! The Battle of the Garbage Heap is still within reach.
Feb 25, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2014
That sounds so cheap to do that to the story. I'd have mixed emotions of being let down and happy if that happened but at this point i think i would take it just for more Kenma action. (and then cry later cos fan pandering)
Feb 25, 2016 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
The first time Karasuno didn't make it. Now it was Nekoma.

I think there will be at least one more tournament in the series, with Hinata in 2nd year and Kenma in 3rd year, when we finally will get to see The Battle of the Garbage Heap.

But Kuro and Daichi won't have a chance of playing each other :s
Feb 25, 2016 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
To me Fukurodani is the stronger team there. However, I did want to see Nekoma succeed too.Oh well.
Feb 25, 2016 5:30 PM

Jul 2013
BennyDelon said:
The first time Karasuno didn't make it. Now it was Nekoma.

Nekoma didn't make it to the Interhigh. They only got to the quarterfinals of the Tokyo Interhigh Prelims.
Feb 25, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2010
This is still the semis right??? So whoever wins between Nohebi and Itachiyama will play against Fukurodani for the championship title. Nekoma already lost, so that means they can't play in the Nationals anymore.
Feb 25, 2016 6:43 PM
Jun 2015
DAMN FURUDATE-SENSEI BACK AT IT AGAIN WITH THE SOUL CRUSHING MATCHES

Really wasn't expecting Fukurodani to win

I don't know what to feel right now
Feb 25, 2016 6:56 PM

Jul 2015
FUCK YEAAAHHH!!!!!! That was completely unexpected haha, but man, I'm so happy for Fukurodani.
Feb 25, 2016 7:05 PM
Feb 2016
i feel like Furudate-sensei might have something up his sleeve though. . maybe.
in real life, Tokyo gets 3 representatives and it seems so far that Furudate-sensei has been following the real life traditions of volleyball well throughout the manga.
so if he does end up going down that route, Nekoma would have to beat the Nohebi snakes since i'm sure they're gonna lose against Itachiyama, who have been noted to most likely win the nationals with the top ace Sakusa.
but man, it's so hard to tell what Furudate-sensei will throw at us, so i'm really really really hoping that he does put Nekoma back in because i can't bear to have the third years leave already, so soon, especially Kuroo ;____;
Feb 25, 2016 7:19 PM

Feb 2010
OMG i didn't expect Nekoma to lose and straight 2-0 O.O
though i like Fukurodani more.
ohaihannah said:
i feel like Furudate-sensei might have something up his sleeve though. . maybe.
in real life, Tokyo gets 3 representatives and it seems so far that Furudate-sensei has been following the real life traditions of volleyball well throughout the manga.

I really hope for this.

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Feb 25, 2016 7:35 PM
Feb 2016
roppuri said:
OMG i didn't expect Nekoma to lose and straight 2-0 O.O
though i like Fukurodani more.

yeah, i was surprised it was a quick 2-0 match too. i was hoping for backstories on the characters, especially on Bokuto and Akaashi since we hardly know anything about them or the rest of their team, besides what we got from the summer training camp arc.
ugh, my heart broke completely after reading this chapter.
so i wonder if we'll finally get to see Sakusa now, since the semifinals are over? which means we should be expecting the other top ace soon too, even though he's from a whole different prefecture.
Feb 25, 2016 9:18 PM

Sep 2014
I love this outcome. Nice plot twist since everybody (including myself) expected it to go the generic plot route and have Nekoma win. "We made a promise to face each other so that automatically means it'll definitely happen". SIKE! RIP Battle of the Garbage Dump.

Also, Bokuto is a straight up BEAST!!! His expressions are just really genuine and full of love for the game. How can you not like him.

Also, I feel like this is the match that'll inspire Lev to become the Bokuto 2.0 the next time we see him.
Feb 25, 2016 10:17 PM

Oct 2013
I have to say I am impressed Furudate went against everyones expectations and all that foreshadowing. I was certain Nekoma was gonna win, but I guess not. Good thing I like both Nekoma and Fukurodani equal, so I'm not upset with this outcome. I'm just curious what will happen now.

Though I am disappointed this match was too short. I wanted to see more of these teams against each other. The Shiratorizawa match was so long, I was expecting more of this match.

Gotta love Bokuto's ridiculously wordy shirt! Of course only him and Hinata would think it's cool xD
Feb 25, 2016 11:52 PM
Sep 2015
I expected 2-1 in favor of Nekoma because they have to do it for the sake of the plot (garbage dump). But oh well, I guess the stronger team and a regular in the nationals will win it. Hey Hey Heeeey!!!!
Feb 26, 2016 12:35 AM

Jan 2015

Once again Akaashi's timely intervention saves the day. Sad and surprised to see Nekoma lose but Fukurodani is a great and very entertaining team as well, so we'll manage. Now I'm curious what the next chapter is gonna be. Either we'll see the final/part of the other semi to introduce Itachiyama or some Nekoma wrap-up and then back to Karasuno?
Feb 26, 2016 12:48 AM

Mar 2012
GD, I swear I was 100% sure Nekoma was gonna win this. Oh how wrong I was (along with probably the mass majority of people xD). The way this match ended was so quick and jarring, but I think that's actually intentional since it fits with the fact that everyone had the expectations that Nekoma was gonna pull through for the sake of the promise.

Though I guess it's not exactly definitive if Nekoma for sure out given if some there's some other undisclosed bit of information about the Tokyo reps. Guess we'll see.

On another note, loved all the little things by Akaashi this chapter. His inner thought process was great. xD
Feb 26, 2016 3:56 AM

Dec 2012
What? WHAT?? OK I TOTALLY DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING
I mean I'm super happy because I rooted more for Fukurodani tbh BUT I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT,it was so obvious that Nekoma will win. Furudate-sensei is a genius,I'm so glad he didn't go with the obvious route.

Now the question is,what will happen to the Trash Battle? Hopefully,not happening too soon so that Haikyuu will last longer.
Feb 26, 2016 4:33 AM

Aug 2011
I am honestly surprised by this outcome. Fukurodani seemed to be better but on other hand I expected Nekoma to have plot armor...
Feb 26, 2016 4:51 AM
Feb 2015
I WAS ROOTING FOR BOTH TEAMS AND I WAS STILL LEFT BROKEN
FURUDATE WHY

@ people who said this outcome was predictable ummmmm???? I'm still left in shock at the results. There was a even distribution of screentime for each team and both sides are pretty strong. Fukurodani is no stranger to nationals but nekoma really stepped up their game (plus they had the new blood of Lev)
Feb 26, 2016 4:52 AM
Feb 2015
At the end of the chapter it read "one spot left in nationals" or something like that. Does this mean fukurodani just took it? Or does nekoma still have a chance?
NEKOMA MUST HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE I CAN'T SEE KUROO AND KENMA LOSING YET
Feb 26, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2012
I was literally screaming xD
I was really hoping that Nekoma would win, but Fukurodani were better...
It's really strange since I like both, and I'm happy and sad at the same time lol

Feb 26, 2016 7:35 AM

Aug 2010
BOKUTOOO!!!! U BA SON OF A GUN U!!
Based Furudate! I really never expected that Fukurodani would win. I'm honestly stunned O_o

It sucks so much that Nekoma won't be reaching the Nationals tho :/ Is there really no way to have the Trash Heap with these 3rd years this year? D:
Feb 26, 2016 8:00 AM

Oct 2015
Lefty112 said:
Fiji said:

I wonder if Furudate will take this series into Hinata and Kageyama's second year to finally see that game happen against Kenma. I'm so sad that Kuroo, Daichi, Asahi and all the other third years of the two teams will never get to play each other in a serious match though.

Man I was expecting Nekoma to win!
taynis said:
It's really strange since I like both, and I'm happy and sad at the same time lol

Is this the end for Kuroo!?

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Feb 26, 2016 9:27 AM

Feb 2015
Well.... I have a feeling they'll still show up somehow.

Lefty112 said:

Maybe what happened in Prince of Tennis will happen here where

If only!
Feb 26, 2016 4:10 PM

Mar 2008
I'm just gonna copy this here

okay listen, nekoma is going to nationals. y’all need to calm the heck down. tokyo’s finalists get to go to nationals, yes. so you’d think:
oh no nekoma lost so they aren’t going to go to nationals and they can’t do the battle of the trash heap !! nooO!!! furudate u suck!! WRONG.

because tokyo is the host they get three representatives. the losers of the semi finals play against each other for the third spot.

and the losers are nekoma and most likely the snake team. i mean WHY ELSE would furudate set up that whole seen between kuroo and their captain. they had to play at some point. but it wouldn’t be realistic for nekoma to win against fukurodani. so of course they lost.

but don’t worry they’re probably going to play the snake team an struggle their way to getting that third spot. it’s going to happen. it’s just how sports anime works. stop freaking out people.

meowththatswright@tumblr
Feb 26, 2016 4:33 PM

Oct 2013
curosstail said:
At the end of the chapter it read "one spot left in nationals" or something like that. Does this mean fukurodani just took it? Or does nekoma still have a chance?
NEKOMA MUST HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE I CAN'T SEE KUROO AND KENMA LOSING YET

One ticket left probably because Nohebi has to play their game.
Feb 26, 2016 7:38 PM

Sep 2012
I have the feeling that this match was kinda short... i was expecting this game since ever and is already ended. Perhaps they are gonna find each other again in the nationals and Furudate don't want to waste his time here, dunno. I feel a bit sorry for the snake team btw, in all the theories they have to lose hahaha, and i really want to know Itachiyama already.
Feb 26, 2016 9:16 PM

Jul 2015
damn and everyone was looking forward to battle at the garbage dump too
Feb 27, 2016 12:38 AM

Jan 2015
Gaelenmyr said:
I'm just gonna copy this here

okay listen, nekoma is going to nationals. y’all need to calm the heck down. tokyo’s finalists get to go to nationals, yes. so you’d think:
oh no nekoma lost so they aren’t going to go to nationals and they can’t do the battle of the trash heap !! nooO!!! furudate u suck!! WRONG.

because tokyo is the host they get three representatives. the losers of the semi finals play against each other for the third spot.

and the losers are nekoma and most likely the snake team. i mean WHY ELSE would furudate set up that whole seen between kuroo and their captain. they had to play at some point. but it wouldn’t be realistic for nekoma to win against fukurodani. so of course they lost.

but don’t worry they’re probably going to play the snake team an struggle their way to getting that third spot. it’s going to happen. it’s just how sports anime works. stop freaking out people.

meowththatswright@tumblr

Literally no-one knows whether that is true because Furudate hasn't said anything about it, yet. The manga has implied twice that there are only two tickets. It never even mentioned the possibility of three. Also I must say it's kind of weird to hold a Final Four tournament where 3 qualify in the end and only one loses^^ Of course it's possible that they get a third spot because they're the host, but it has not been mentioned and right now all of that is speculation.

Just wait a week and see.
Feb 27, 2016 7:55 AM
Sep 2015
The power of the plot armor is fake!!
Feb 27, 2016 6:55 PM

Jun 2014
this chapter was great!!! gotta love bokuto and the strength of his teammates!!! sad that nekoma and karasuno won't be able to meet at nationals, but they have other opps I hope!!!!
Feb 27, 2016 7:24 PM
Nov 2014
rorcual said:
I have the feeling that this match was kinda short... i was expecting this game since ever and is already ended. Perhaps they are gonna find each other again in the nationals and Furudate don't want to waste his time here, dunno. I feel a bit sorry for the snake team btw, in all the theories they have to lose hahaha, and i really want to know Itachiyama already.

I agree... it felt short at the end. I was hoping that Nekoma would take at least one set... 2-0 feels kinda... short. I don't know ^^
Feb 27, 2016 9:18 PM

Sep 2013
Darn it, I wanted my battle at the garbage-heap.
Feb 28, 2016 4:43 AM
Jan 2016
I'm totally surprised....I didnt expect the result would come out like this, but still im gotta admit that Bokuto and his team really deserved that spotlight. This chapter shocked me somehow, yet it was impressive.
Mar 4, 2016 8:10 AM

Jul 2012
Bjartskular said:
taynis said:

Is this the end for Kuroo!?

Noooooo D:
Look at this smile, he deserves all the good things :)

Mar 8, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2012
I honestly thought that Nekoma would win, or that this match would go on a little longer. I hope that this works in the sense that Nekoma will compete against whoever loses in the Nohebi/Itachiyama match, and so on.
I don't accept that this is the end for Nekoma this year, it hurts too much to think so.
Jan 9, 2019 9:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nekoma eliminated!!! :/
May 7, 2019 6:31 PM

Feb 2019
THE RULES OF BEING AN ACE
ONE: THE SIGHT OF YOUR BACK MUST BE AN INSPIRATION TO YOUR TEAMMATES!
TWO: ANY AND ALL WALLS ARE TO BE CRUSHED!
THREE: ALL BALLS ARE TO BE SPIKED WITH FULL STRENGTH...AND...COMPLETE...CONFIDENCE!

I read the shirt at the beginning of the chapter and was like, "wow, this is so cool... I freakin' love that shirt- I know Hinata feels the same..." and here it is being highlighted at the end of the chapter! Furudate is great!!~ That tight cut shot was so amazing to see the first time!! BOKUTO, HEY HEY HEY!! Akaashi and the rest of the squad doing great!!

~ I also expected Nekoma to lose unfortunately (since they got drawn against Fukurodani here) because their record during the summer camps with the Fukurodani Group was second to Fukurodani Academy... I await the cats' return primed for battle!! ~
PharaohYamiMay 7, 2019 6:39 PM
ファラオ

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 365 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

26 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 6:58 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.