Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2019 12:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I feel really bad for Hinata. Deep down, he is suffering inside and not just because of the fever.

It sucks it happened at this stage of the game for Karasuno :<
Sep 12, 2019 12:52 AM
Aug 2018
Man, finally seeing the view from the top only to then be grounded by reality...

5/5, this one really hit.
Sep 12, 2019 7:32 AM
Jan 2019
So he had a fever...what a relief!
Lose or win?
Hinata will be back or not?
Hinata's expression make me feel sick too
Sep 12, 2019 2:18 PM

Nov 2016
Damn, I felt the frustration;_;

5/5 chapter

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 12, 2019 4:06 PM
Mar 2015
Poor Hinata but there will be another day Love his teammates calling a baby That bow was pure class
Sep 12, 2019 5:46 PM

Jul 2012
I figured it was just exhaustion or smth. I wasn't really that worried

didn't think they'd be so dramatic tho. Shouyou, sure, but i figured all the teammates would would be chill. Which they were but #10 be so dramatic lol

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Sep 13, 2019 1:28 AM
Oct 2016
The translated title for this chapter is "Endings and Beginnings 2", which replicates the title of the first chapter of the manga "Endings and Beginnings".

This might be it for this arc, next chapter might be a time skip or conclusion chapter where they show Karasuno losing(?). Ofc i don't want to see that but what ever they do with the story, im so excited for the future regardless.

Just Imagine the possibilities, japan youth arc, training arc for 2nd year + new 1st year students, maybe someone transfer to their school? Theres so many interesting things they could do with the story it's far from over.
Sep 13, 2019 5:10 AM
Dec 2017
Was a great turn of story.but itseems karasuno will loose and we have to go through everything again and rech nationals next year
Sep 13, 2019 9:00 PM
Oct 2013
Really hope Karasuno wins this one. Hinata having to leave really devastated me...he was having so much fun :'( I was so proud to see how much he has improved both his serves and his receives. But it really is a miracle that his stamina took him this far. He really is a monster XD
Sep 14, 2019 9:00 PM

May 2016
It would be seriously heartbreaking if they lost. I saw the comments saying it's the first chapter's name (how do you guys notice this shit?) and that it might be a hint. They'll lose and start over with new first years which is exciting but still... seriously heartbreaking.
Sep 14, 2019 11:18 PM

May 2018
It genuinely hurts, this is the end.

Seeing Hinata got angry and then cried really hurt me.

I don't know if I want to see what is gonna happen...
Sep 15, 2019 9:17 AM
Jul 2017
I had predicted Hoshiumi to get injured like this. Not a fever though.
This reminds me of Slam dunk a lot.
I will start believing in god if Karasuno can win this without plot armor.
But I want to think that they will lose after looking at the numbers.

I am more amazed at hinata managing to play so much even with fever!
I'm gonna go to the court tomorrow again!
Spike some for hinata.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Sep 15, 2019 11:29 AM

Dec 2016
man seeing hinata down really does hit you. at least he's not been severely injured.

AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 15, 2019 11:56 AM

Sep 2018
Man I thought maybe Furudate would go for an injury for Kageyama and let Hinata shine a little bit without him.

But seeing Hinata like that is heartbreaking, even though it's just exhaustion/fever.

I really hope Karasuno wins but with this I doubt it.
Sep 16, 2019 6:59 AM
Mar 2015
Not sure what to think, maybe Furudate wants us to worry a lot about it and think they're going to lose, or it will be a 'and then they lost and now there's new 1st years and' ... strong chapter

Maybe this was more dramatic than needed, but it could really be a turnpoint for the whole series, ....... or maybe they'll keep playing and manage to win, not sure =\
*Jungon* kawaii lover ^__^
Sep 16, 2019 10:02 PM

Jun 2015
MADS_27 said:
I saw the comments saying it's the first chapter's name (how do you guys notice this shit?) and that it might be a hint. They'll lose and start over with new first years which is exciting but still... seriously heartbreaking.

It's clearly seen on MangaPlus though?? Since they display the chapter name and there are only chapter 1, 2, 3, 263, 264, and 265.

I'm gonna be so sad if they lose on this one, the defeat flags are everywhere on this chapter. Also with the chapter title mirroring the first chapter's, where Hinata lost in middle school and starting over on high school, there's a big chance Furudate-sensei gonna do that. That, tbh, is gonna be interesting, considering the future. A nice way to continue serialization without dragging matches out.

BUT it's also possible this will be a good plot point for Karasuno learning how to deal with opponents without Hinata. Especially in this one where their attacks are mostly dependent on Hinata's decoys.

At this point, whichever way Furudate-sensei picks I'm so looking forward to the next chapter. Though my logic will be satisfied with that, my heart still want them to win with the third years though I WANT DAICHI SUGA ASAHI TO WIN TOO 。゚゚º(゚´ω`゚)º゚゚。
Echo Protection Squad | Bamco pls give Kresnik Bros happiness

Despair cause: dying children everywhere | ShinAya is important
―living a maso shipper life since 89.57% of her OTPs are Doomed by Canon―
Sep 19, 2019 8:00 PM

May 2016
Mugipyon said:

Also with the chapter title mirroring the first chapter's, where Hinata lost in middle school and starting over on high school, there's a big chance Furudate-sensei gonna do that. That, tbh, is gonna be interesting, considering the future. A nice way to continue serialization without dragging matches out.

BUT it's also possible this will be a good plot point for Karasuno learning how to deal with opponents without Hinata. Especially in this one where their attacks are mostly dependent on Hinata's decoys.

At this point, whichever way Furudate-sensei picks I'm so looking forward to the next chapter. Though my logic will be satisfied with that, my heart still want them to win with the third years though I WANT DAICHI SUGA ASAHI TO WIN TOO 。゚゚º(゚´ω`゚)º゚゚。

I mean it's definitely remarkable to think that far ahead and it makes sense to make them lose and start again. But maybe it was just to remind us how far they've come with this, specially Hinata? *hopeful thinking *
The new chapter indicates Karasuno holding their own though and it seems like Kageyama is gonna do something so there might be a chance for them to win.
Someone said it wouldn't be believable if they won without Hinata and I disagree. Hinata is a valuable player but he's not the whole team.

I guess we just have to wait and see what happens next. This manga is so good.
Nov 5, 2019 3:36 AM

Jul 2012
that broke my heart, his whole process of confusion to denial to anger and then just grief... i cried. and i know this is gonna be a tearjerker in the anime but it really hit different here bc i didn't recognise the signs.
i don't think it's fair to say that karasuno are set up to lose now, because if there's anything that this series has taught us it's not up to any single player to carry a game. it's just never that simple.

it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Mar 31, 2020 5:31 PM

Jun 2015
This is good.. This is really good. I mean... Winning the tournament this fast is going to stale the series. If it were to happen, then the later part of whatever comes after winning the tournament will be not as exciting. Haruichi-sensei is taking the right step to let Hinata develop even more. I've always said that characterization in Haikyuu is brilliant. I'm eager to see what's beyond this heartbreaking moment.
Apr 7, 2020 10:10 PM

Oct 2017
I cried a river...Like seriously saw Hinata like this is really hard...every part of this episode broke my heart little by little...
-¡Give yourself to me!
Feb 23, 2021 12:14 AM

Mar 2020
Hinata's fever game >>>>> MJ's flu game
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Oct 6, 2021 3:54 PM

Apr 2020
Damn, I just caught up to this and I’m sad Hinata got sick ):
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Feb 22, 2022 5:35 AM

Mar 2021
i'm cryinggggggg AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :c

the match with kamomedai itself is so great and now thisss
it's just really good
Mar 14, 2022 10:38 AM
Dec 2020
The chapter is sure 5/5 but I also liked the part when hosiumi said "I will wait for you" that was too op
Oct 17, 2023 2:57 AM
Dec 2019
Maybe I'll come around on the chapter depending on how the series ends but I haaaaaaate this on my first read. It feels like a cheap cop-out to sand-bag Hinata because if he wins as a rookie then the series will use too much juice. But with the benefit of hindsight the series ends in four more volumes anyway so that wasn't the problem. Ah I just really hate this. The art and emotion are great but this feels like such a wrong decision and a terrible way to end this arc.
Oct 18, 2023 5:25 PM

Oct 2017
So sad that Hinata got a fever! Seeing him cry made me want to cry. As an athlete, it hurts to be pulled out of the game with an injury or illness like that.

Feb 24, 6:58 AM
Apr 2020
Man that chapter hit like a truck especially with all the panels showing Hinata crying. Have we ever seen Hinata crying before this? Man it feels so sad and does look like the end of the Spring Tournament arc with only 4 volumes to go. Looking forward to see how this ends.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

9 by Charylle »»
Apr 10, 2:02 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 369 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2019

43 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 24, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 357 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2019

15 by Ironhide1125 »»
Feb 19, 7:11 AM

Poll: » Haikyuu!! Chapter 53 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2013

6 by Luma2 »»
Feb 19, 6:59 AM

» Returning?

TheSecondOne135 - Feb 8

2 by TheKrakin »»
Feb 9, 7:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.