Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 2, 2014 5:54 PM
Apr 2014
Mechammer, he just scared the shit out of her.

I cant understand why people says that Kuros/Kyros(cant remember how it was) is weak. He was the strongest of a colosseum in the NEW WORLD, he fought against TONS AND TONS of the STRONGEST persons in the world. Yeah, maybe he's not protagonist-tier like Luffy, but i'm sure that he's STRONG AS HELL.
Apr 2, 2014 5:59 PM

Apr 2013
NaughtyNoddy said:
[After seeing Doflamingo decapitated]

- It's not the time to lose one's head.
- That's not the way to get ahead in life.
- It's a shame he wasn't more headstrong.

My sides
Apr 2, 2014 6:20 PM
Mar 2014
I bet Doffy has a second Devil's Fruit power which makes him a logia type. CALLED IT!
Apr 2, 2014 6:44 PM

Mar 2011
Sung-Hwan said:
Doflamingo dies like a complete bitch? Are you fucking shitting me? Holy fucking shit I seriously didn't believe Oda would waste him so easily like the other villains of the second half, but this....Caesar put up a better final stand than Doflamingo.

This has actually really cemented my opinion on how One Piece has been slipping since the second half started. I can't believe Doflamingo got killed off like that.

Oh shut up you pleb -____-
Apr 2, 2014 8:33 PM

Oct 2012
Sung-Hwan said:
Doflamingo dies like a complete bitch? Are you fucking shitting me? Holy fucking shit I seriously didn't believe Oda would waste him so easily like the other villains of the second half, but this....Caesar put up a better final stand than Doflamingo.

This has actually really cemented my opinion on how One Piece has been slipping since the second half started. I can't believe Doflamingo got killed off like that.

...I seriously can't tell if you actually believed he would be killed like that. I really hope you are just immensely good at trolling.

Anyway, no definites until we see the chapters that follow. If you're reading One Piece up to this point, we all know everyone has all sorts of crazy powers.

As for the chapter itself, DAMN THAT WAS HYPE!! Definitely marks a crazy turning point in this arc.
The supposed beheading of Doflamingo by Kyros, the turning of toys to humans, 'Sabo' completely destroying the arena. Still couldn't believe this all happened in one chapter. I anxiously await the next one.
kondeeApr 2, 2014 9:45 PM
Apr 2, 2014 8:43 PM

Sep 2007
Usopp puts up the act at all times, haha. I think that Doflamingo is still alive. Heck, Buggy did it all the time,and he isn't nearly as cunning. Actually, I thinik that Law is taking advantage of the opportunity to trick everybody in thinking that Doflamingo is dead so that he and the straw hats can settle things themselves later.

Also, it's about to go down; Kyros and Sabo are just amazing.
Apr 2, 2014 9:07 PM

Dec 2013
Wasn't law cuffed with seaprism, so he stepping in to the rescue is beyond me, even if he wasn't cuffed with seaprism, why would he save mingo after all this carefully planing to kill him, i believe the trick is in the sword.

I hope it isn't April's fool from Oda.
Apr 2, 2014 9:22 PM

Feb 2011
I don't like how Usopp "won".
I really wanted him to kick some ass, barely winning. After the 2 years, shouldn't he be more badass, at least at times that require it? But so far, he's still some kind of "joke".
I mean, sure, he's not superstrong just because 2 years past and never will be the fighter type, but I think the time was right to show he has powered up as well.
Apr 2, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2014
Kuchenlight said:
I really wanted him to kick some ass, barely winning. After the 2 years, shouldn't he be more badass, at least at times that require it? But so far, he's still some kind of "joke".
I mean, sure, he's not superstrong just because 2 years past and never will be the fighter type, but I think the time was right to show he has powered up as well.

At least he tried (he shot platanas shuriken), but the opponent(s) was too strong for him.
Apr 2, 2014 10:02 PM

Sep 2012
wanderingplayboy said:
Kuchenlight said:

At least he tried (he shot platanas shuriken), but the opponent(s) was too strong for him.

I still hold out hope that somehow Usopp planned for what happened in some way (see my thread on this subject) for the same reason. Usopp should have a few more things to show for himself.
Apr 3, 2014 1:23 AM

Jun 2011
Okay, I think we must all calm down and be 100% sure that Doffy is not dead, otherwise who else is gonna fight Luffy in the final battle of this Arc? ;-) Also, I do not think Oda would let such an important villain die just for the heck of it. Maybe he has some secret power or his Fruit has Buggy's abilities too. :P
Anyways, about that last page... It kinda looked like Sabo has some "AIR" power. So, maybe Dragon doesn't have a Devil Fruit and just uses some kind of fighting style (or an advance/unknown level of Haki). Thus he may taught Sabo his technique.
Am I the only one who thinks like that?
Apr 3, 2014 1:43 AM

Jun 2013
Have you all forgot how Doflamingo cut off Little Oars Junior's leg during War of the Best? Wanna bet his power has still some trick up his sleeve, which will bring him back?
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Apr 3, 2014 1:49 AM

Jan 2014
SwordsmanDan said:
wanderingplayboy said:
Kuchenlight said:

I still hold out hope that somehow Usopp planned for what happened in some way (see my thread on this subject) for the same reason. Usopp should have a few more things to show for himself.

As much as I wish it was true, I highly doubt it. He was in no condition to plan something, imo. :/
Apr 3, 2014 7:05 AM
May 2011
I just can't help but dread Oda deciding to forget all about Doflamingo next week and just focus on Usopp/Robin and Sanji & co vs Big Mam. Oda has this thing with only giving us glimpses of Sabo as if to drag out our anticipation of actually seeing his face and full capabilities.
And as for Doflamingo, it's not really a question of "is he dead?" so much as "how is he still alive and who/what is responsible?" Personally I don't see it being his own DF because removing his brain from his body would nullify his ability to control it unless he's a logia which is not likely given what we've seen from him before.
The only other options are Law somehow being free of the seastone cuffs and cutting him before Kyros. That I also have trouble believing because Law is weaker than Doflamingo so how would he have time to get out of the cuffs, get his sword, activate the ability and cut without anyone else noticing and with DF being caught off guard so much that he didn't have time to dodge.
That only leaves the option of the person who was cut not being DF. That would clear up two issues:
DF's pathetic decapitation
DF's terrible reaction time
Of the abilities introduced so far, the only one capable of being the substitute is Kinemom, but that can't be the case because he is somewhere else, doesn't have the same face and would bleed if decapitated. The only other person would be Pica with a rock clone which raises the question of when the switch was made...
Apr 3, 2014 11:52 AM

Apr 2013
Kuchenlight said:

lol maybe luffy should give usopp the mera mera no mi
Apr 3, 2014 1:02 PM
May 2011
oh please no, Usopp is only good for comedy relief. Why would Oda waste a perfectly good fruit on his most pathetic character. Besides I'm going to bet that Sabo will take the mera mera no mi back to the revolutionaries. Luffy doesn't want anyone in particular to have it, he just wants it as a memento of Ace
Apr 3, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2011
gintokichimaru said:
Besides I'm going to bet that Sabo will take the mera mera no mi back to the revolutionaries.

Something tells me that this is exactly what's going to happen. ;-)
Apr 3, 2014 2:34 PM

Jun 2012
wanderingplayboy said:
SwordsmanDan said:
wanderingplayboy said:
Kuchenlight said:

As much as I wish it was true, I highly doubt it. He was in no condition to plan something, imo. :/

It's more about usopp being brave, as opposed to him being a bad ass strong fighter. He could never have stood up to a logia like that before. If you ask me, usopp is probably the most developed straw hat.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 3, 2014 4:51 PM
May 2012
Sabo dragon haki punch!!!

Apr 3, 2014 7:42 PM

Nov 2013
gintokichimaru said:
Besides I'm going to bet that Sabo will take the mera mera no mi back to the revolutionaries.

I can still really see Luffy eating the fruit by mistake like the gum gum devil fruit. Let's imagine everyone sharing a meal after the victory, Luffy and Sabo talking together and suddenly Sabo telling luffy "what's it you're eating?" and everyone staring at Luffy and jaw dropping. :D
Apr 3, 2014 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing chapter as always
Apr 3, 2014 11:40 PM

Jun 2012
jimbob1141 said:

As much as i want to agree, laws plan in the first place was to get kaidou to kill doflamingo, so i disagree with that point.

But yeah, no blood, i agree there.
Yeah, I already knew it was unlikely and it's not really what I thought was what happened. I was just trying to defend that it might be a possibility for those saying he wouldn't do it.

Fullmetal89 said:
Yeah I was thinking about Law helping too, but after looking back at some of the chapters I now remember that Law had been tied down to the heart seat with two sea stone cuffs on each hand. So unless they where removed in the chaos, I don't think that's the case anymore. It might have something to do with Doffy's ability, or it might be a stone clone made by Pika who left Zoro as someone else had said on here.
Though, after reading this I realized just how unlikely it is.

To be honest I suspect it wasn't anything anyone's thought of so far... it's probably going to turn out to be something really unexpected where we'll all think "Wow, why didn't anyone think of that?"

One other thing that I think could be possible is that Doflamingo's ability goes beyond simply controlling people physically... perhaps as a puppet master he can even control their Devil Fruit powers and maybe he forced Law to activate his somehow (despite the kairoseki cuffs) to save himself.

But no matter what actually happened, I'm sure the results in the next chapter will be pretty interesting.

PirateKingZeke said:
I bet Doffy has a second Devil's Fruit power which makes him a logia type. CALLED IT!
I bet he doesn't... I'm 90% certain that having multiple Devil Fruits is exclusive to Blackbeard. Otherwise Blackbeard wouldn't hold a candle to the other big shots of the New World for very long.

GhostJaw said:
mechammer said:
did someone understand which technique usopp used to defeat sugar? Because i din't get it.
He ate the tabasco ball.... it wasn't a technique. He ate the ball and his facial expression scared the living daylights out of Sugar. I mean comon, haven't you seen any of those ghost chili pepper videos? I would freak out like that to if I were eating something so spicy it is near fatal!!! Not to mention his roaring in pain and agony, the increased saliva output to cool down his mouth, and similar symptoms of allergic reactions, dude.... she was just freaked out!
I'm still calling Haoshoku Haki. It seems like way too much of a coincidence that he also defeated Perona in a similar way and they both foamed at the mouth.
Apr 4, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
I can still really see Luffy eating the fruit by mistake like the gum gum devil fruit. Let's imagine everyone sharing a meal after the victory, Luffy and Sabo talking together and suddenly Sabo telling luffy "what's it you're eating?" and everyone staring at Luffy and jaw dropping. :D

Extremely funny!!! XD History repeats itself! hahaha
Apr 4, 2014 4:04 AM

Jun 2008
Sung-Hwan said:
AnimationQueen said:
who knows Law probably might fix him up just to try to kill Doffy himself

idk but this chapter was very anticlimactic

That does not justify how a pirate that was built up to be one of the most powerful in the series just got decapitated by a one-legged warrior without any effort.

I think he probably won't be dead but actually unlike you am from the people that hope he really did die like that.

It would make an interesting difference from the usual big fight against the last boss and bring a sense of realism of how someone can get killed like that by a surprise attack.

i don't see why you talk so low of Kyros. The guy is a legendary warrior and anyone can die if he gets cut by a surprise attack.

And btw. No there isn't any blood.
Apr 4, 2014 4:55 AM
Apr 2013
Monad said:

I think he probably won't be dead but actually unlike you am from the people that hope he really did die like that.

It would make an interesting difference from the usual big fight against the last boss and bring a sense of realism of how someone can get killed like that by a surprise attack.

i don't see why you talk so low of Kyros. The guy is a legendary warrior and anyone can die if he gets cut by a surprise attack.

And btw. No there isn't any blood.

I've got to say that, after reading all the comments and thinking about it, I wouldn't mind him dying like that anymore as well. It would definitely be unexpected and I would laugh at it for sure :D.
Apr 4, 2014 4:59 AM

Mar 2014
Great chapter. Nuff said.

Of course Doffy is NOT dead, cmon guys, Law still has business with him and Kora-san ("Corazon"=Heart; the original member of the heart seat in Dressrosa?)

I think it may be a stone clone, we saw Zoro in this chapter who couldn't find Pica.
Since Doflamingo's feet are obviously connected to the ground, maybe this indeed is a stone version of Doffy to prevent coup d'etats like these.

And Sabo is just wooooooooow. If he ate the mera-mera no mi he would be so op.
I still hope that somehow Coby gets Ace's fruit so has the power to become an Admiral.
Apr 4, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2010
AADMC said:
Okay, I think we must all calm down and be 100% sure that Doffy is not dead, otherwise who else is gonna fight Luffy in the final battle of this Arc? ;-)

uhhh....CP-0? Marines? and the rest of Doflamingo's executives? dun worry......this is Oda-sensei, he knows what he's doing ;)

BTW this chapter is epic.....TOO EPIC!! although i'm not 100% believe that Doflamingo is truly dead but i wouldn't mind if he does.....he's a total jerk and ***hole (i mean.....look at what he did to Dressrosa)
And Sabo is now a full-time dragon slayer!! *waiting for Sabo to use Dragon breath technique like Fairy tail does* hehe
"I wasn't born to make friends with ladies!!! I was born to love them......I was born a man" - Sanji
Apr 4, 2014 11:17 AM

Feb 2014
Sung-Hwan said:

People don't die in one piece. But I agree, I had such high hopes for this arc, but it left me disappointed for the 3rd time in a row. Ever since the whole Sabo return part, I was underwhelmed honestly.
Apr 4, 2014 11:53 AM
Jan 2014
TonyTonyStark said:

People don't die in one piece. But I agree, I had such high hopes for this arc, but it left me disappointed for the 3rd time in a row. Ever since the whole Sabo return part, I was underwhelmed honestly.

Ace, Whitebeard ... I still like OP (only manga since New World), but wondering the crew isn't stronger as a whole. About Doffy, I can't decide which theory I like more. First, Pica making a stone clone. Someone stated that what for they would show Zoro looking for him making it a not so bad theory. Second, somehow he re-attaches with his string power. Maybe he can simulate/strech his nerves and flesh, but that would be like gomu gomu in transparent mode or so and there is nothing I can see in the pictures that would indicate it so ... nahhh. Third, Law being responsible for it, cause having another plan. We know he wants to take down Kaido with Luffy. So if Dofla would die here, Kaido wouldn't have any reason to come after him and it would be interesting how the Marine reacts if one of the Shichis (and being a special one with his Tenryuubito history) fights a Yonko.
Apr 4, 2014 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
Sung-Hwan said:
AnimationQueen said:
who knows Law probably might fix him up just to try to kill Doffy himself

idk but this chapter was very anticlimactic

That does not justify how a pirate that was built up to be one of the most powerful in the series just got decapitated by a one-legged warrior without any effort.
To be honest, I think it was more along the lines of Doflamingo was just so pissed that he didn't give enough shits to even try to dodge. And I'm sure he himself is aware that he isn't going to die... so why bother dodging it if it doesn't hurt him?

He's just upset that things aren't going his way, but I have a feeling he's still got plenty of secret tricks up his sleeves. They just ruffled his feathers a bit. I mean... the fact that Doflamingo and co. literally haven't once acted this entire arc says something about his confidence. And he said he won't underestimate them, so we'll just have to wait and see what he'll actually do... hopefully next week.
Apr 5, 2014 4:29 PM

Jan 2009
What if law cut doflamingo long ago and now he's assembled with his strings? In that case dofla cut his head himself to dodge kyros' attack!
Apr 6, 2014 1:06 PM

Oct 2007
things are speeding up now! my bet is on a stone clone pica made to save flamingo..

someone (law) please get kyros a leg..man deserves more respect!

usop..it was all according to plan. yes usop as always you never fail to "surprise" us all

dragon style haki is so mysterious...wonder if he fired haki into the ground to create the earthquake. he didn't exactly punch the ground, he planted them in and BAM! Looks like the revolutionary team is executing their plan and headed underground

seeing all the ppl turn back to humans was great..flamingo must be so pissed and i want fujitora to go after him with his justice! Luffy/zoro need good matchups asap :D
Apr 6, 2014 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
Now thinking about it, it would be pretty funny if it turned out Lucy wasn't Sabo in the end. A lot of furious fans.
Apr 7, 2014 3:19 AM

Aug 2013
There is absolutely no way Doflamingo died lol. Anyhow, I greatly enjoyed this chapter.
Apr 7, 2014 11:56 AM

Jun 2012
Nefarious said:
Now thinking about it, it would be pretty funny if it turned out Lucy wasn't Sabo in the end. A lot of furious fans.
Lol... yeah, even though I believe 100% that it's Sabo... I can't get rid of the nagging feeling in the back of my head, every time I read a new chapter, of "What if that's not Sabo? But who else could it be!? Surely no one we know. It's gotta be Sabo... there's no one else!"
Apr 7, 2014 5:53 PM

Dec 2013
Curos and Sabo doing work!!

Sabo is so cool, why couldn't they introduce him earlier.
Eh
Apr 9, 2014 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
WHAAAAAAT???!?!?! Is Doflamingo REALLY dead????? If so this will be one of the greatest moments in One Piece!!!

For a Villain hyped up for SOOOOOO long, to die in an instant!!! That would be incredible! That will be game changing! If Doflamingo somehow survived that attack I will be PISSED!!
Love and Peace!!!
Apr 17, 2014 9:22 AM
Feb 2012
After reading a proper version of the chapter I can say that Violet's definitely got the hots for Kyros.

I could comment on the rest as well, but I'm sure anything relevant (and everything stupid too) has already been mentioned.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jul 1, 2014 2:38 AM

Jan 2014
Holy shit, I didn't expect Doflamingo do die like that, so unexpected and symbolic, being in the same place 10years ago and all... Very good...

Is what I'd say if I didn't know better. They'll bring him back... Sigh.

Still a cool chapter. This memory thing opens up the door for lots of plotholes though.
If all losers turn into toys, how can they even remember the tournaments and how the champion won? Maybe they remember the champ without any details, but it makes no sense how they can suddenly forget without questioning anything.

And how can the hobi work during sleep but not when she's "knocked out".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2014
For some reason, I didn't care too much about Curos' missing leg when he was still a toy, but after he turned back I couldn't help but imagine him hopping across the room all the way to Doflamingo. Made me chuckle a bit.
Mingo ain't dead for shit, tho. I'd bet my house on it.

Oh my, I can't get enough of that Sabo awesomeness. I don't even know man, I'm just so happy he came back.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
May 15, 2018 4:26 PM

Feb 2013
Yes!
Kyros is back and Doffy's head is gone!
Sep 17, 2018 2:04 PM

Dec 2015
Doflamingo's castle has started crumbling.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 30, 2022 1:12 PM

May 2021
Holy fuck, this feels like a final battle and I learn now that it ends at 801? Wtf is going to happen?!

Apr 16, 2023 10:16 AM

Apr 2021
Aug 3, 2023 11:32 AM

Jun 2017
Curos running off like that with just one leg is so heartbreaking to see.

Doflamingo can't die that easily, right?

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 20, 8:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All the toys were transformed in humans, animals, etc... how were originally!!!
The island change completely!!!
kekeke
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1116 Discussion

FMmatron - May 28

35 by Rexnihilo »»
54 minutes ago

» Just for fun [MANGA SPOILERS & PREDICTIONS]

Ghost-of-Uchiha - May 28

8 by Animesh007 »»
Today, 3:00 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 53 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

16 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 52 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

23 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 12:37 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 51 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jul 8, 2010

19 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.