Ranma ½: Chuugoku Nekonron Daikessen! Okite Yaburi no Gekitou-hen!!

Ranma ½: Big Trouble in Nekonron, China

What would you like to edit?

Alternative Titles

Synonyms: Ranma 1/2 Movie 1
Japanese: らんま 1/2 中国寝崑崙大決戦! 掟やぶりの激闘編!!
English: Ranma ½: Big Trouble in Nekonron, China
German: Ranma 1/2 Film: Big Trouble in Nekonron - China
Spanish: Ranma1/2 Película: La Gran Batalla en Nekonron - China
French: Ranma 1/2 Film: Big Trouble in Nekonron - China
More titles


Type: Movie
Episodes: 1
Status: Finished Airing
Aired: Nov 2, 1991
Producers: Fuji TV
Licensors: VIZ Media
Studios: Studio Deen
Source: Manga
Genres: AdventureAdventure, ComedyComedy
Theme: Magical Sex ShiftMagical Sex Shift
Demographic: ShounenShounen
Duration: 1 hr. 14 min.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older


Score: 7.241 (scored by 1183111,831 users)
1 indicates a weighted score.
Ranked: #30372
2 based on the top anime page. Please note that 'Not yet aired' and 'R18+' titles are excluded.
Popularity: #4627
Members: 22,262
Favorites: 24


Ranked #3037Popularity #4627Members 22,262
Add to My List
Episodes: /1


All is well at the Tendo residence when from out of nowhere, a Chinese girl named Lychee appears, seeking revenge on Happosai for a broken promise made since her birth. Things get worse when Kirin and the Seven Lucky Gods appear and abduct Akane to take as his wife. Ranma and the gang must travel to Nekonron, China, and save Akane from getting married to Kirin.

(Source: ANN)


No background information has been added to this title. Help improve our database by adding background information here.

Related Anime

Characters & Voice Actors


Hasegawa, Hiroshi
Iuchi, Shuji
Director, Screenplay
Yamamoto, Yuusuke
Episode Director, Storyboard
Yanagawa, Shigeru


Opening Theme

Apple Music
Amazon Music
Youtube Music
No opening themes have been added to this title. Help improve our database by adding an opening theme here.

Ending Theme

"It's Love" by RABBIT


Dec 31, 2023
Mixed Feelings
The most incomprehensible film that I have only seen, you think the introduction is over, but it continues, 70% of the entire film they fly to the Non-Crown and only the remaining 30% there is at least some kind of character activity, while the film runs for only 1.17 hours.
I can't get rid of the feeling when you keep thinking "it's about to start", but it still didn't start the movie ended, and you spent more than an hour of your time, saw a couple of characters whose role boils down to being a massophile and will appear at the right moment, most ...
Dec 29, 2016
I should preface this review by saying that I have not seen the series Ranma 1/2 I actually saw the VHS at a garage sale and recognized it as one of the movies advertised at the end of the Pokemon VHS tapes; thus, my expectations of this movie fell in line with what was portrayed in the trailer. The trailer outlined what the movie was about and showed every good scene in the movie. Every other scene was rather sub par.

The story revolves around Akane getting kidnapped and Ranma... and company going to save her. This concept isn't too interesting or original but it had ...
Apr 9, 2010
Trust me, you don't want to watch this... The Ranma series is good, but the movies are crap. Having enjoyed the Ranma series from when I was around 8 years old, I really looked forward to the movies after finding out they existed, but they were just lacking in every way. You know the distinct humour and style of the first season of Ranma? Yeah, you won't be finding anything close to it here.

Just some generic brand copy, a movie simply created for the sake of giving a popular series a movie and milking its fans, a heaping pile of shit with pages of ...

Interest Stacks


Recent News

North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

North American Anime & Manga Releases for July

Here are the North American anime, manga, and light novel releases for July. Week 1: July 4 - 10 Anime Releases Obey Me! Season 2 (Obey Me! The Anime: Season 2) Comp...read more

North American Anime & Manga Releases for September

North American Anime & Manga Releases for September

Here are the North American anime & manga releases for September Week 1: September 5 - 11 Anime Releases Arslan Senki (TV): Fuujin Ranbu (incl. Kigyou Senshi Ars...read more

Recent Forum Discussion

Ranma 1/2: Big trouble in Nekonron, China Disscution
Enjyu - Jan 8, 2011
14 repliesby Magicmist »»
Oct 5, 2023 4:11 AM