Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
At first...
Oh, this will be something like Hataraku Maou-sama?
YAY! Cool!
But then...
Eh...
also lot of ecchiness...
Really lot of ecchiness...
Not as funny as Hataraku Maou-sama...

Seiyuu cast also isn't familiar for me...
All new seiyuu?
Less popular?
I don't know, but watching Raul I thought:
- This anime could be better if Fukuyama Jun get this role.
- I could hear Jun-kun as Raul.
- Jun-kun voice really fit for this chara...

Well... maybe I will give it a chance....
Oct 4, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
Kind of neutral, I find the girls cute and I actually do like the demon girl's personality, she's pretty energetic and personality ain't bad either!

Other then that though, nothing really stood out amazingly to me, I did find it interesting that they pretty much modernized everything, but instead of electricity everything ran on magic.

Well, going to see how this goes, I'm kind of in the middle, so it can either go up or down from here on out.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 4, 2013 1:21 PM
Aug 2011
Was I supposed to pay attention to whatever main story this may or may not have? Because I didn't.
Oct 4, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Wasn't really sure what to expect from this One but I stood for the boobs.

Oct 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2012
I'll give it 2 more eps because it was fun, but the fanservice was WAY TOO MUCH for me, ugh D:

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 4, 2013 1:57 PM
Jan 2013
thought it was pretty good fino is funny wonder which girl raul will take an interest in
Oct 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
I will say the animation is pretty fluid for the most part and lots of fan service.
Oct 4, 2013 2:05 PM
Aug 2011
I'll give it a few episodes, if only for the random Picard/Star Trek cameo and the demon king daughter's laugh.
SmallfootOct 4, 2013 2:11 PM
Oct 4, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2010
That was horrible. i'm gonna say bye bye to this anime right now: " wasn't fun watching you, don't be sad .. i'm sure other people will watch you ... maybe."

:(
Oct 4, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
Um, I'll give this a mediocre seasonal debut. The fanservice were sort of distracting a bit, and for the story and setting, I kind of lose track of it though.

I would say that the comedy was okay, the animation and character designs were also good. Well I'll give another couple episodes to see how the story goes.

Oct 4, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2011
The show was pretty dull and it didn't help that the CR script had typo terrors and the works added into it. Really bad.
Oct 4, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Really great and fluid animation. It's surprising.

I like it for the most part. Not expecting much out of it through.
Oct 4, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
Reading the description of this made me feel like it was going to be like Maou-sama, really wanted to shake that thought off, but i just couldn't whilst wacthing this.
Though they both seem quite different after finishing this ep.
The episode made me laugh at some points, and the ecchi-ness wasn't a bad point at all. The main protaginst (Raul) doesn't seem like anything special, but Fino seems like she'll be making this show heap loadsa fun to watch (and that old dude who comes for a light bulb and some 'skinship').
Wonder if this'll be episodic~
Oct 4, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Never seen so much boob jiggle before. Just seemed like an average first episode, but I'll stick around for a couple more to see if it gets better.

Anybody else hear the odd animal noises in the background of outdoor scenes?
Oct 4, 2013 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
Highly disappointed.

Will stick through week“s episode before deciding whether or not to drop it.
Oct 4, 2013 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
I had low expectations for this one, but it was even worse than I thought it'd be. Bland character designs, generic characters, crappy fanservice and a trite set-up. Usually I'd give it a few more episodes, but I learned my lesson a few seasons ago with Dakara Boku wa H Ga Dekinai, Campione and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. Dropped.
Oct 4, 2013 3:35 PM
Jul 2013
It was ..... EHHH...

The opening scene was very interesting and then followed got REALLY borrrrringgg. Fan service of course and once again a boy is fooled that a female is a male then finding out that she is a female by uncovering her body parts..

I'll see if Ep 2 is better but right now.. It's bad :C
Oct 4, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
I'd give it 2 more episodes until it becomes unbearable to watch.
Oct 4, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
decided to watch this on a whim after stumbling across it on youtube...not usually into these types of shows but i needed something light hearted to watch for once. came in with no expectations and it wasn't as bad as i had expected animation quality actually exceeded my expectations particularly in the opening scene. i dont expect much out of this series other than tits, ass, and a little comedy and im fine with that tbh since this season is gonna be full of anime that deliver a stronger plot and character development.
Oct 4, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
more hero guy and demon girl or vice verse? seems cliche lately. seemed rather obvious she was a girl as well but she really kept her boobs tucked in.

I did like the other shows so I'll keep this up for now.
Oct 4, 2013 4:52 PM
Oct 2008
Roloko said:
I just hope it does not focus too much on panty shots/fanservice. -___-

I think the first episode made it clear what this is going to be. Same ol' pantsu, jiggling, showers, etc.
Oct 4, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2012
It's kinda like how everybody was saying Maou-sama should have kept the intensity/tone from its intro scene, except this REALLY should have. It got boring and stale fast.
Oct 4, 2013 5:17 PM

May 2012
Wow, lots of fanservice. But surprisingly, I still like it. Fino, is such a cute, naive girl. Love that 1st action part. I really thought they were playing some RPG.
Oct 4, 2013 5:19 PM
Oct 2012
There is a famous quote about a beautiful dancer going up to George Bernard Shaw proposing a tryst saying: Imagine a child with my looks and your brains to which Shaw answered, yes, but what if the child had my looks and your brains."

I have seen people comparing this to Hatarku Maousama and ToLoveRu, but this would only be true if you took the worse part of both shows. I in theory don't mind ecchi scenes, I actually enjoyed ToLoveRu Darkness, but this show has the most annoying type of ecchi: the "hey look we are being ecchi" kind (breasts bouncing, flopping, squishing and squatting, and not it a good way). ToLove actually does a great job at making their ecchi almost look normal, but this show draws too much attention to it, I almost expect 5 second countdown for each scene in the lower left had corner because that is how dull and planned it is (and true be told not really that provoking, the art really doesn't in my opinion support it, this isn't ToLove, Boku no Tomodachi, or even Suisei). Not sure who the character designer is, but whoever it is they lack true talent.

A pity because the concept is actually good. Modern day world but with actual D&D level to it: heroes training to kill the Demon Lord all of a sudden find themselves downsized with useless skills, daughter of the defeating Demon Lord trying to integrate into human society, which of course suggests that the need for heroes isn't past. Had the director (btw is he the same guy who did SAO?) had more faith in the concept and just ran with it (or if ecchi is needed work it in more naturally), I think this could have been interesting, instead it appears as if it will just be cheap titillating crap.

I'll watch the next show because I think there is the possibility for something good to happen, but at this rate this show will be many people's first to drop show.
Oct 4, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
I actually enjoyed this, and first episodes can sometimes be weaker than the rest of the show so I'll be looking forward to the next episiode :3
NYANPASU~!
Oct 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
This was an okay episode, not much to say after that, I'm glad that Fino is not one of those typical tsunderes though, I don't even find her annoying. But there's not much else to state, I'll give it a few more episodes to see how it goes.
Oct 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
symbv said:
And it is funny to see while Hataraku had to change the name of brands like McDonald's here we have the characters wearing LAWSON uniform (a national convenience store chain in Japan). Apparently Lawson sees no problem of sponsoring a fan service / ecchi anime LOL Indeed it is one reason why I love Japan so much X-D

They want you to buy BDs at places owned by or partnered with Lawson.
Hmmm, perhaps.... Lawson HMV Entertainment, Inc!
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Animation_000000000013179/item_Yuusha-Ni-Narenakatta-Ore-Ha-Shibushibu-Shuushoku-Wo-Ketsui-Shimashita-1_5552685
hpulleyOct 4, 2013 5:48 PM
Oct 4, 2013 5:56 PM

Mar 2010
I expected more but it was OK, I like fanservice so no problem.
Apart from fanservice, ehmm, I got nothing to say, it was pretty average.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
Takuan_Soho said:

I have seen people comparing this to Hatarku Maousama and ToLoveRu, but this would only be true if you took the worse part of both shows. I in theory don't mind ecchi scenes, I actually enjoyed ToLoveRu Darkness, but this show has the most annoying type of ecchi: the "hey look we are being ecchi" kind (breasts bouncing, flopping, squishing and squatting, and not it a good way). ToLove actually does a great job at making their ecchi almost look normal, but this show draws too much attention to it, I almost expect 5 second countdown for each scene in the lower left had corner because that is how dull and planned it is (and true be told not really that provoking, the art really doesn't in my opinion support it, this isn't ToLove, Boku no Tomodachi, or even Suisei). Not sure who the character designer is, but whoever it is they lack true talent.

you bring up good points when i heard some people saying this was like Maousama i was like well that show set up pretty high standards and i came in here not expecting much so i wasn't disappointed

Just another Ecchi of the season and judging from this episode doesn't seem like it will be good at that either,will give this a few more till i can't stand it any more

comedy end of this doesn't even seem remotely funny at least to me another thing those series did well .
Oct 4, 2013 6:33 PM

Apr 2009
The MC is Ichika level retarded.

At least the action scenes/boobs were well animated?
Oct 4, 2013 6:40 PM

Nov 2010
The story setting isn't that good. But besides that it's ok. It's refreshing to hear a new voice as the heroine. I'm just going to have to wait to see what happens when it gets to the real story if it does.
Oct 4, 2013 7:04 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Hataraku Maousama it DEFINITELY is NOT, and should not be viewed or expected as such. In fan service level it is already on ToLoveRu level, so better set expectation accordingly. I am fine with all this - the only thing I have problem is the old staff making sexual harassment ;-p
I'd say this is more Da Capo III in a Maou-sama setting. This even has one of the VA from Da Capo III providing the same exact fanservice that her character did in Ca Capo III.
Oct 4, 2013 7:08 PM
Oct 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
The story setting isn't that good. But besides that it's ok. It's refreshing to hear a new voice as the heroine. I'm just going to have to wait to see what happens when it gets to the real story if it does.

That's funny, because that is the opposite of what I think. I loved the setting, at first I thought it was a computer game, but to actually live in world that is a lovely fusion of magic and technology: this is a great setting for a story. Plus the concept of veterans returning home from a war that most of the population knows nothing about and devalues (they mystery of who actually ended the war), is ripe full of possibilities.

So it isn't the setting, IMO, it is the execution that is lacking. This show could have been awesome, but instead all we are going to get is third tier fanservice. That is sad.
Oct 4, 2013 7:09 PM
Jul 2013
Kinda like this series, since I'm looking for a comedical anime.

First episode was okay, I'll still probably watch it though.

My only complaint was it wasn't too lively enough.

For a comedic anime, you'll need that background music like I don't know, Teekyuu (I literally loled everytime). And the shop needs to get livelier.

But yeah, I'll keep watching this.
Oct 4, 2013 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
Its a fan-service party.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Oct 4, 2013 8:05 PM

Jan 2010
Yikes it was slow for a comedy... and did anyone get the feeling like the timing on the comedy deliveries were off? Seemed to me like a lot of the would-be funny moments missed their mark.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Oct 4, 2013 8:07 PM

Feb 2010
The sole thing I liked from this first ep was Fino's voice actress.
Everything else was... meh. Well I remember having watched the PV once though, and I guess we had already pretty much saw everything there was to see.
Oct 4, 2013 8:51 PM

Jan 2008
Customer or not, that old man should have been arrested for sexual assault, and banned from setting foot in the store again. If I were working there, I would have kicked him in the nuts and said it was an "accident".
Oct 4, 2013 9:01 PM

Mar 2013
The ecchi physics is strong in this one.....
Sheesh, Fino is like a newborn child.....Raul! Protect her with all your life!!
Oct 4, 2013 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
Their breasts defy the laws of gravity. Was hoping that this would be a romcom that I'd like, sigh too bad.
Oct 4, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
Lol'd at Phino's resume.

Tv moment reminded me of Suzuno from Hataraku Maou-sama!

Wait is Phino really a trap?Or is Raul just mistaken about Phino's gender?(Later on found out she really was a girl,I knew it.)

Old geezer was a pervert.

Touching someone's but is a form of communication.

Lamdima is cute,her seiyuu reminds me of someone but I can't put my mind on it.Speaking of seiyuus they're all new ones.
KhanhCPham said:
To-love-ru level echiness but the girls actually listen to the guy's misunderstood reasons. The guy doesnt over react to oppai too.
Alittle disappointed,considering I was expecting this to be funnier.Overall not going to be anything special,but will give 2-3 more episodes before I decide whether to drop or not.
VanishingKiraOct 4, 2013 9:31 PM
Oct 4, 2013 9:51 PM

Dec 2011
This is more like of a fun, light hearted series that won't focus much on battle like Hataraku Maou-sama... although I would say Sadao's uniform looks like what the old guy is wearing! Hahaha.

I thought the main character is voiced by FukuJun, but I was wrong... also, lots of new seiyuu in this anime, which is nice to hear.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2013 10:39 PM

Nov 2012
WTF IS THIS ?
well, I was expecting more comedy from this show, but the ecchiness is just over 9000, *sigh* but it's still interesting,
guess I'll just use less my brain and defying logic when I watch this show
Oct 4, 2013 10:54 PM

Jan 2011
MellowJello said:
Well if it's being compared to ToLoveRu, I better consider watching that.

Nothing can be like TLR but there was a good amount of fanservice. What makes TLR so good is the fanservice is in addition to the story arcs being interesting more times than not, even if they are ridiculous at times.

As far as the episode goes, don't know what to think right now. Girls are cute and the fanservice is sometimes subtle and sometimes blatant. Shall see where this goes. One thing I'm not overly fond of is the massive boob bounce and this has a lot of that.
Oct 4, 2013 10:57 PM
Nov 2009
Excellent animation from Tetsuya Takeuchi, the prologue was very well done. Gonna stick around just to see more cool cuts from Takeuchi.
Oct 4, 2013 10:57 PM

Sep 2012
Holy shit, isn't anyone gonna comment on the OST? I caught one that was a pretty nice, beautiful even.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 4, 2013 11:06 PM

Sep 2012
Amarrez said:
The MC is Ichika level retarded.

At least the action scenes/boobs were well animated?

I don't think you're giving him enough credit. At least he knows what he's doing without typically getting flustered. Competence is the best.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Oct 4, 2013 11:16 PM

Jan 2010
Capt. Picard cameo?
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
Oct 4, 2013 11:21 PM

Feb 2012
This is great. Most of you guys are just hipsters who goes uguu for generic shounen like AoT.
Oct 4, 2013 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
Well, hey, the animation's really nice.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any more fanservice anime with mature guy?

ptm - Dec 30, 2023

4 by ChoiceVoltage »»
Jan 1, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2013

93 by menorex »»
Apr 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

57 by S_15 »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 PM

» Romance?

S1rLancelot - Jul 21, 2022

2 by Chronigan »»
Jul 21, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2013

70 by skyzer14 »»
Mar 19, 2021 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.