Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
5Loved it!
37.2%
4Liked it!
20.4%
3It was OK
22.0%
2Disliked it
13.6%
1Hated it
6.8%
Average 3.7
309 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 4, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, those opening scenes~
I wasn't expecting the action there. I'm getting some Hataraku Maou-sama! vibes from this obviously.

I feel somewhat sorry for Raul there though.

Dat ears: http://i.imgur.com/hPO68va.png
Yea, there was some fan service, wasn't surprised. They'll probably be uncensored when BDs comes out. I'm hoping to see more development soon~
Oct 4, 2013 10:31 AM
Dec 2012
It's inevitable to compare it with Hataraku Maou, and unfortunately I didn't find it funny compared to Hataraku comedy-wise. Maybe this is a show to expect/enjoy moe rather than comedy. Those who preferred OreImo to Hataraku might enjoy the series.
Oct 4, 2013 10:38 AM

Sep 2012
Hataraku Maousama it DEFINITELY is NOT, and should not be viewed or expected as such. In fan service level it is already on ToLoveRu level, so better set expectation accordingly. I am fine with all this - the only thing I have problem is the old staff making sexual harassment ;-p
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 4, 2013 10:57 AM

Nov 2008
That ecchi is at Maken-Ki levels, and Phino turned out to be quite the female, her boyish voice is enjoyable and sexy as well as her body and her personality, I'm surprised she let Raul in while she was washing off and even blowdrying her hair. Now the magic shop itself is a bit too modern, it reminds me of a 7-11 mixed with IKEA and any hardware store. I loled at Phino washing off with dishwashing liquid.

KhanhCPham said:
To-love-ru level echiness but the girls a actually listen to the guy's misunderstood reasons. The guy doesnt over react to oppai too.

+1

symbv said:
Hataraku Maousama it DEFINITELY is NOT, and should not be viewed or expected as such. In fan service level it is already on ToLoveRu level, so better set expectation accordingly. I am fine with all this - the only thing I have problem is the old staff making sexual harassment ;-p

I'm prepared for the fanart I'll be seeing on Pixiv and wherever else I see them.
HoppyOct 4, 2013 11:00 AM

Oct 4, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2012
And it is funny to see while Hataraku had to change the name of brands like McDonald's here we have the characters wearing LAWSON uniform (a national convenience store chain in Japan). Apparently Lawson sees no problem of sponsoring a fan service / ecchi anime LOL Indeed it is one reason why I love Japan so much X-D
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 4, 2013 11:38 AM

Jul 2013
The unevitable comparsion at Maou-sama stops at the synopsis.

Anyways, I really enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would.
Looking forward to more.
Alrealdy loving Phino's personality.
Oct 4, 2013 11:48 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
And it is funny to see while Hataraku had to change the name of brands like McDonald's here we have the characters wearing LAWSON uniform (a national convenience store chain in Japan). Apparently Lawson sees no problem of sponsoring a fan service / ecchi anime LOL Indeed it is one reason why I love Japan so much X-D

They want you to buy BDs at places owned by or partnered with Lawson.

Oct 4, 2013 11:53 AM

Aug 2012
Well if it's being compared to ToLoveRu, I better consider watching that.
Oct 4, 2013 11:56 AM
Sep 2011
Surprisingly the animation was incredibly fluid at times. Too bad most of it was used for panning over female genitals and panty shots, aside from the action-heavy intro, and there was nothing distinctive and original about the artstyle and character design either.

Comedy-wise the jokes mostly consisted of misunderstandings on the new part-time worker's half which already got stale before the first episode even ended.
With such a packed season I would consider this an easy drop.
Oct 4, 2013 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
First series I dislike this season. I'll give it 3 more eps but I don't see where this is going at all.

And I won't say it's a HataMaou ripoff or anything but gotta admit that HataMaou was many times better.

Even the character designs and the fight scenes at the beginning weren't really good and the excessive fanservice and Gainaxing annoyed me --__--
Oct 4, 2013 11:59 AM

Jun 2012
MaouSama vibes with the immaturity of To-Love-Ru? That's one way of looking at it heh

HybridMBLOct 4, 2013 12:05 PM
Oct 4, 2013 12:21 PM

May 2013
I dint get enough Hataraku Maou-Sama so i need to watch this :D

I never Expect to much Echi on this :D
MercuriOct 4, 2013 1:23 PM
Oct 4, 2013 12:24 PM

Nov 2012
Was pretty cool, liking the fanservice, no worries about blood or holding back, demon girl is also cute, would like to see how this develops, not as good as Hataraku yet but I'm looking forward to where it will go. Also would like to know what she implied when she said her father captured women.. and where he is atm.

Oct 4, 2013 12:33 PM

Oct 2010
I enjoyed it. I was expecting Phino to be a typical tsundere, so I'm very relieved that she isn't, I really liked her character.
Oct 4, 2013 12:55 PM

May 2013
It was OK, but characters and setting didn't really interest me. Fan service was decent.

Not really sure where the story is going either so hopefully next episode will be better.
Oct 4, 2013 12:56 PM

Sep 2010
*sighs* >_>

Might or might not drop. This is kinda disappointing I thought it would be similar to Hataraku Maou Sama and it is in a way, but I just hope it does not focus too much on panty shots/fanservice. -___-
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 4, 2013 12:59 PM

Jun 2013
Oct 4, 2013 1:02 PM

Mar 2012
First a vampire drinking his own nose blood, then pointless fanservice with poorly tacked on fantasy elements (and the added bonus of making excuses for sexual harassment) - yet another season with nothing to watch on Friday. It's alright though, Friday nights are for booze anyway :)
Oct 4, 2013 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
Lmao, dat bouncing.
Oct 4, 2013 1:08 PM

Aug 2012
Well, after watching this, my like:neutral:dislike counter for this season stands at 4:4:2
(like being Coppelion, Golden Time, Kyoukai no Kanata and Yu-sibu.)
(neutral for Kill la Kill, Miss Monochrome, Nagi no Asukara and Super Seisyun Brothers)
(dislike for Diabolik Lovers and Kyousougiga)

Some of the faces seem a bit strange, but overall it was very enjoyable.
The opening (which was used as ending for this episode) is really catchy as well.
.................................................................................
Oct 4, 2013 1:08 PM

Sep 2008
At first...
Oh, this will be something like Hataraku Maou-sama?
YAY! Cool!
But then...
Eh...
also lot of ecchiness...
Really lot of ecchiness...
Not as funny as Hataraku Maou-sama...

Seiyuu cast also isn't familiar for me...
All new seiyuu?
Less popular?
I don't know, but watching Raul I thought:
- This anime could be better if Fukuyama Jun get this role.
- I could hear Jun-kun as Raul.
- Jun-kun voice really fit for this chara...

Well... maybe I will give it a chance....
Oct 4, 2013 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
Kind of neutral, I find the girls cute and I actually do like the demon girl's personality, she's pretty energetic and personality ain't bad either!

Other then that though, nothing really stood out amazingly to me, I did find it interesting that they pretty much modernized everything, but instead of electricity everything ran on magic.

Well, going to see how this goes, I'm kind of in the middle, so it can either go up or down from here on out.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Oct 4, 2013 1:21 PM
Aug 2011
Was I supposed to pay attention to whatever main story this may or may not have? Because I didn't.
Oct 4, 2013 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Wasn't really sure what to expect from this One but I stood for the boobs.

Oct 4, 2013 1:53 PM

Jun 2012
I'll give it 2 more eps because it was fun, but the fanservice was WAY TOO MUCH for me, ugh D:

- I only draw freestyle! -
Oct 4, 2013 1:57 PM
Jan 2013
thought it was pretty good fino is funny wonder which girl raul will take an interest in
Oct 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
I will say the animation is pretty fluid for the most part and lots of fan service.
Oct 4, 2013 2:05 PM
Aug 2011
I'll give it a few episodes, if only for the random Picard/Star Trek cameo and the demon king daughter's laugh.
SmallfootOct 4, 2013 2:11 PM
Oct 4, 2013 2:19 PM

Nov 2010
That was horrible. i'm gonna say bye bye to this anime right now: " wasn't fun watching you, don't be sad .. i'm sure other people will watch you ... maybe."

:(
Oct 4, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2013
Um, I'll give this a mediocre seasonal debut. The fanservice were sort of distracting a bit, and for the story and setting, I kind of lose track of it though.

I would say that the comedy was okay, the animation and character designs were also good. Well I'll give another couple episodes to see how the story goes.

Oct 4, 2013 2:27 PM

Sep 2011
The show was pretty dull and it didn't help that the CR script had typo terrors and the works added into it. Really bad.
Oct 4, 2013 2:32 PM

Jan 2013
Really great and fluid animation. It's surprising.

I like it for the most part. Not expecting much out of it through.
Oct 4, 2013 2:43 PM

Jan 2012
Reading the description of this made me feel like it was going to be like Maou-sama, really wanted to shake that thought off, but i just couldn't whilst wacthing this.
Though they both seem quite different after finishing this ep.
The episode made me laugh at some points, and the ecchi-ness wasn't a bad point at all. The main protaginst (Raul) doesn't seem like anything special, but Fino seems like she'll be making this show heap loadsa fun to watch (and that old dude who comes for a light bulb and some 'skinship').
Wonder if this'll be episodic~
Oct 4, 2013 2:49 PM

Nov 2012
Never seen so much boob jiggle before. Just seemed like an average first episode, but I'll stick around for a couple more to see if it gets better.

Anybody else hear the odd animal noises in the background of outdoor scenes?
Oct 4, 2013 3:18 PM

Nov 2008
Highly disappointed.

Will stick through week“s episode before deciding whether or not to drop it.
Oct 4, 2013 3:20 PM

Apr 2013
I had low expectations for this one, but it was even worse than I thought it'd be. Bland character designs, generic characters, crappy fanservice and a trite set-up. Usually I'd give it a few more episodes, but I learned my lesson a few seasons ago with Dakara Boku wa H Ga Dekinai, Campione and Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. Dropped.
Oct 4, 2013 3:35 PM
Jul 2013
It was ..... EHHH...

The opening scene was very interesting and then followed got REALLY borrrrringgg. Fan service of course and once again a boy is fooled that a female is a male then finding out that she is a female by uncovering her body parts..

I'll see if Ep 2 is better but right now.. It's bad :C
Oct 4, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2008
I'd give it 2 more episodes until it becomes unbearable to watch.
Oct 4, 2013 4:15 PM

Aug 2012
decided to watch this on a whim after stumbling across it on youtube...not usually into these types of shows but i needed something light hearted to watch for once. came in with no expectations and it wasn't as bad as i had expected animation quality actually exceeded my expectations particularly in the opening scene. i dont expect much out of this series other than tits, ass, and a little comedy and im fine with that tbh since this season is gonna be full of anime that deliver a stronger plot and character development.
Oct 4, 2013 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
more hero guy and demon girl or vice verse? seems cliche lately. seemed rather obvious she was a girl as well but she really kept her boobs tucked in.

I did like the other shows so I'll keep this up for now.
Oct 4, 2013 4:52 PM
Oct 2008
Roloko said:
I just hope it does not focus too much on panty shots/fanservice. -___-

I think the first episode made it clear what this is going to be. Same ol' pantsu, jiggling, showers, etc.
Oct 4, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2012
It's kinda like how everybody was saying Maou-sama should have kept the intensity/tone from its intro scene, except this REALLY should have. It got boring and stale fast.
Oct 4, 2013 5:17 PM

May 2012
Wow, lots of fanservice. But surprisingly, I still like it. Fino, is such a cute, naive girl. Love that 1st action part. I really thought they were playing some RPG.
Oct 4, 2013 5:19 PM
Oct 2012
There is a famous quote about a beautiful dancer going up to George Bernard Shaw proposing a tryst saying: Imagine a child with my looks and your brains to which Shaw answered, yes, but what if the child had my looks and your brains."

I have seen people comparing this to Hatarku Maousama and ToLoveRu, but this would only be true if you took the worse part of both shows. I in theory don't mind ecchi scenes, I actually enjoyed ToLoveRu Darkness, but this show has the most annoying type of ecchi: the "hey look we are being ecchi" kind (breasts bouncing, flopping, squishing and squatting, and not it a good way). ToLove actually does a great job at making their ecchi almost look normal, but this show draws too much attention to it, I almost expect 5 second countdown for each scene in the lower left had corner because that is how dull and planned it is (and true be told not really that provoking, the art really doesn't in my opinion support it, this isn't ToLove, Boku no Tomodachi, or even Suisei). Not sure who the character designer is, but whoever it is they lack true talent.

A pity because the concept is actually good. Modern day world but with actual D&D level to it: heroes training to kill the Demon Lord all of a sudden find themselves downsized with useless skills, daughter of the defeating Demon Lord trying to integrate into human society, which of course suggests that the need for heroes isn't past. Had the director (btw is he the same guy who did SAO?) had more faith in the concept and just ran with it (or if ecchi is needed work it in more naturally), I think this could have been interesting, instead it appears as if it will just be cheap titillating crap.

I'll watch the next show because I think there is the possibility for something good to happen, but at this rate this show will be many people's first to drop show.
Oct 4, 2013 5:44 PM

Jul 2013
I actually enjoyed this, and first episodes can sometimes be weaker than the rest of the show so I'll be looking forward to the next episiode :3
NYANPASU~!
Oct 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
This was an okay episode, not much to say after that, I'm glad that Fino is not one of those typical tsunderes though, I don't even find her annoying. But there's not much else to state, I'll give it a few more episodes to see how it goes.
Oct 4, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2012
Hoppy said:
symbv said:

They want you to buy BDs at places owned by or partnered with Lawson.
Hmmm, perhaps.... Lawson HMV Entertainment, Inc!
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/artist_Animation_000000000013179/item_Yuusha-Ni-Narenakatta-Ore-Ha-Shibushibu-Shuushoku-Wo-Ketsui-Shimashita-1_5552685
hpulleyOct 4, 2013 5:48 PM
Oct 4, 2013 5:56 PM

Mar 2010
I expected more but it was OK, I like fanservice so no problem.
Apart from fanservice, ehmm, I got nothing to say, it was pretty average.
Currently watching everything that comes out to avoid missing something good...

Oct 4, 2013 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
Takuan_Soho said:

I have seen people comparing this to Hatarku Maousama and ToLoveRu, but this would only be true if you took the worse part of both shows. I in theory don't mind ecchi scenes, I actually enjoyed ToLoveRu Darkness, but this show has the most annoying type of ecchi: the "hey look we are being ecchi" kind (breasts bouncing, flopping, squishing and squatting, and not it a good way). ToLove actually does a great job at making their ecchi almost look normal, but this show draws too much attention to it, I almost expect 5 second countdown for each scene in the lower left had corner because that is how dull and planned it is (and true be told not really that provoking, the art really doesn't in my opinion support it, this isn't ToLove, Boku no Tomodachi, or even Suisei). Not sure who the character designer is, but whoever it is they lack true talent.

you bring up good points when i heard some people saying this was like Maousama i was like well that show set up pretty high standards and i came in here not expecting much so i wasn't disappointed

Just another Ecchi of the season and judging from this episode doesn't seem like it will be good at that either,will give this a few more till i can't stand it any more

comedy end of this doesn't even seem remotely funny at least to me another thing those series did well .
Oct 4, 2013 6:33 PM

Apr 2009
The MC is Ichika level retarded.

At least the action scenes/boobs were well animated?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Any more fanservice anime with mature guy?

ptm - Dec 30, 2023

4 by ChoiceVoltage »»
Jan 1, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2013

93 by menorex »»
Apr 2, 2023 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2013

57 by S_15 »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 PM

» Romance?

S1rLancelot - Jul 21, 2022

2 by Chronigan »»
Jul 21, 2022 4:03 PM

Poll: » Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2013

70 by skyzer14 »»
Mar 19, 2021 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.