Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 22, 2008 9:54 AM
Mar 2008
From the last season, I know that Saji will play one of the main role, and I know exactly that he will join CB. But at first I thought he will replace Lockon, but apparently that's not the case. I like his character development anyway.

But I agree that 'quantization' of a huge mass like Gundam 00 is a total letdown in a Gundam Universe ... An overpowered Gundam is a bulls***. I hope 00 won't go to the same mistake like SEED Destiny with Kira's immortal mode, or this will be another lame Gundam series ...
Dec 22, 2008 10:08 AM

Jul 2008
The best episode in second season, IMO (unless you watch a series for a certain reason rather then just to watch the story for itself). Only few series manage to make relationships like SajixLouise so realistic and deep. Even I become sad whem I remember those two in Season 1... and I certanly can't believe that Louise was once so cheerful and energetic.

When Saji jumped into 00 Raiser, I thought "The idiot is gonna repeat the same mistake...". I was pleasantly suprised when I saw that he came to his sense. And once again, his wish to go away to Louise and staying there was potrayed realisticaly.

And Ribbons shocked was the greatest thing in entire series until now. It is always a pleasure to see arrogant guys make such a face.

Action was superb as ever.

5/5
Dec 22, 2008 10:46 AM

Jun 2008
KrylonBlue said:
Saji needs to die.

Quote for teh fucking truth, but sob no nekkid Setsuna in this episode.

Anyways, I LOVED the 00-raiser trans-am.
Dec 22, 2008 12:00 PM
Jun 2007

the action in the episode was decent but a tad bit underwhelming (not quite to par with episode 7 of a certain "other" mecha franchise that aired this year.) with the absence of Hallelujah (again. Just a little bit of action would have been nice).

the new hax feature of the 00-Raiser is a blow to the series, something that is incredibly far-fetched (IMO, even if this is a Gundam series). If this continues for the duration of the series, I might have to put my suspended-disbelief cap on (which has been gathering dust since TTGL finished airing).
Dec 22, 2008 2:28 PM

Sep 2008
OK, now I really hate Saji. He is so annoying. I really hope someone kills him (preferably Louise, I like her character(unlike everyone else :)).
But...I somehow think he will survive, Louise will realise her mistake, and they will live happily ever after.
Also, 4on4 battle innovators vs gundams?
My only hope if that happens is to see Halle...Also, Setsuna finally owned someone, but in 2-3 episodes I predict him getting owned again(such a strong gundam, such a bad pilot).

btw @avarice - is that picture from berserk manga? Looks like it :)
Dec 22, 2008 2:57 PM
Dec 2007
Much better than he last episode but it's still not up to previous episodes for sure. Some interesting developments and scenes, but overall, it could be much better if there was less Louise and Saji and more focus on what's really important (and a more consistent animation of course, it was clear that this one was rushed). However, it's much better than what I expected in the beginning of the season (and what we had in the first episodes of the season by the way).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Dec 22, 2008 3:24 PM

Jul 2007
Avarice said:
the new hax feature of the 00-Raiser is a blow to the series, something that is incredibly far-fetched (IMO, even if this is a Gundam series). If this continues for the duration of the series, I might have to put my suspended-disbelief cap on.

"Its Twin-Drive system, at full capacity, will exhibit the capabilities to defy the laws of physics and common sense".

From 00 Gundam description. And teleportation is not that much of fetch. Its still in scifi territory.
Dec 22, 2008 3:35 PM
Jun 2007
Fai said:
Avarice said:
the new hax feature of the 00-Raiser is a blow to the series, something that is incredibly far-fetched (IMO, even if this is a Gundam series). If this continues for the duration of the series, I might have to put my suspended-disbelief cap on.

"Its Twin-Drive system, at full capacity, will exhibit the capabilities to defy the laws of physics and common sense".

From 00 Gundam description. And teleportation is not that much of fetch. Its still in scifi territory.

Yes, it is within the bounds of Sci-Fi territory but this is Gundam, so far, teleportation has been unprecedented (from those I've seen anyway), and the 00-Raiser is just completely over-the-top, IMO. I guess this new development completely blindsided me since I did not expect it, or want even.

@nina4life: Yeah its from Berserk.
Dec 22, 2008 4:04 PM

May 2008
Gundam 00 is almost as bad or if not, worst then the Freedom/Strike freedom in Seed Destiny.

The only good thing is that it needs the O-Raizer to go full power.
TechnicsMKIIDec 22, 2008 5:04 PM
Dec 22, 2008 5:05 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
KrylonBlue said:
Gundam 00 is almost as bad or not, worst then the Freedom/Strike freedom in Seed Destiny.

but it actually fills in the loophole of Aeolia's plan.... Before it showed off its abilities, we didn't know exactly HOW CB is going to eradicate war... Now we know it will be through GN Particles from the Twin Drive....

Well, how else do you see CB winning against A-Laws that have 100x more firepower, manpower and upgrade their suits every 3 episodes?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 22, 2008 6:04 PM

Dec 2007
didn't anyone think that the 00 Gundam was unusually weak? I mean after 1 episode of pwnage... it was only as good as the other 3 Gundams, which still operate on a single drive system. It sure as hell didn't feel like it was 4 times more powerful...

and even if you think it's overpowered... remember that just the 00-Raizer wasn't enough to turn the tide of the battle. It had to go into Trans-Am. Which, if I recollect, still has a time limit before the Gundam is left handicapped.

[then again, one of my favorite mecha is the Freedom Gundam)

As for the episode itself, i liked it, the plot made a lot of progress.
Dec 22, 2008 8:06 PM

Dec 2008
I think something big will it's in the air because they even let Alleluja with his new system come out in this episode... But.. i loved this episode... i was really disappointed with 00 but now it's cute XD
Changing for the Sake of the future
Dec 22, 2008 8:54 PM

Sep 2007
KrylonBlue said:
Gundam 00 is almost as bad or if not, worst then the Freedom/Strike freedom in Seed Destiny.

Lol no.

It only take down 10 suits. Strike Freedom is like taking down every battle ships/Mobile Suits w/o even killing the pilot. Thats plain stupid IMHO

I like the discussion on this episode. Before this, we see 00 get owned every single time and yeah, everyone blame it on Setsuna, saying he is not good enough or whatever. Now 00-Raiser owning and cut meteor and everyone say it is hax.

This is one of the best episode in S2 for now. Louise thought that Saji was a CB member all the while is the turning point of the story. And I see some of you guys still cannot accept it, Saji and Louise are not irrelevant to the main story
Dec 22, 2008 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
you guys are asking for too much.... >.<
Dec 22, 2008 9:12 PM
Apr 2008
''For a better future you will need a overpowered gundam.''
ok i cant stand saji until the end of this ep (he has grown 10% est)....-.- 4/5
Dec 22, 2008 9:54 PM

Oct 2007
LOL how did you guy hate Saji when he is the only man in this series know how to punch?

Avarice said:
Fai said:
Avarice said:

Yes, it is within the bounds of Sci-Fi territory but this is Gundam, so far, teleportation has been unprecedented (from those I've seen anyway), and the 00-Raiser is just completely over-the-top, IMO. I guess this new development completely blindsided me since I did not expect it, or want even.

The theory for calling that ability as teleportation doesn't seem right to me. Now consider the new mobile suit of Mr. Bushido is the fastest mobile suit but has been outdone by 00-raiser in term of speed. And now the hint is here, do you remember the title "Phantom Miria" ?

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Dec 23, 2008 3:10 AM

Sep 2008
00 is not overpowered. Why?
Simple, suit as a suit IS indeed overpowered, and with good pilot (Alle, Bushido, Ali) it would be unstoppable. But it is piloted by Setsuna, and so far, he won his combats only after getting new upgrades, otherwise, he was mostly losing.
So we have overpowered gundam + not so good pilot = strong gundam.

Even with all this, I still think Setsuna is going to get owned yet again by Bushido.
Dec 23, 2008 3:56 AM

Oct 2007
Next thing you know, the 00 will grow a moustache and sprout GN-butterfly wings.
Dec 23, 2008 8:14 AM

Oct 2008
i dont think 00-raizer is overpowered.. cant be compared with strike freedom gundam o.o

the quantization is only like a limited-time god mode hax. :p
Dec 23, 2008 10:23 AM

Jan 2008
I agree with Gilman. 00 is only overpowered for a short burst since Trans-Am has a time limit and he needs the 0-raizer to make 00 reach its top performance. In my opinion, that's sign of a crappy suit. Tierias, Lockons and Allelujahs suits can go Trans-Am without relying on equipment which does make them more suitable for an "overpower" stamp. Sure, when 00 has the 0-raizer and goes Trans-Am, it gets ridiculously overpowered but it's during a short period of time and during that short period of time he has to dispatch the enemies which threatens his ship and his fellow members of the crew.

As for the episode, I found it quite entertaining. Louise thinks that Saji has been conspiring against her all the time and Saji realizes that his choices could mean life or death for others. Even though they now don't share equal feelings, there is some magic between Saji and Louise.

For all those who rant about Tieria being useless, do you really think you would be able to perform at 100% if you knew you were a part of something big that happened behind the scenes for so long? Give him some time, he'll come through for us and show us how bad ass he can be :) He got the skills and he got a suit that fits his style of combat. Though, I am quite disappointed that Hallelujah so far has got 5 seconds of screen time during this season.

Dec 23, 2008 11:57 AM

Jan 2008
KrylonBlue said:
Saji needs to die.

True...
~de Arimasu
Dec 23, 2008 12:00 PM

Apr 2008
Single phrase to describe this episode:

COCKBLOCKED!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2008 6:34 PM

Jun 2007
wakka9ca said:
Holy **** not only 00 can telepatically enhance Setsuna, it can dematerialize and rematerialize... I think this is a first in the Gundam Universe....

It doesn't just give Saji and Setsuna telepathy. It gives everyone in the vicinity the ability to communicate. Whats his face herd Saji and Louise communicating. This ability still seems like it's going to be aimed at a global scale later on.

wakka9ca said:

And the Federation government are really jerks, firing Memento Mori like a toy... Personally, I would not let them nor the Innovators lead humanity. They don't even have compassion and they don't care about civilians. Any government or peace formed by that are no more than a dystopia....The so called "unity" and "peace" is meaningless if the leaders consider human lifes are merely numbers in a game....Adn no matter how peaceful it is, if the government treats civilian like shit....there will always be rebellion and resistance... Just watch LOGH (Legend of the Galactic Heroes) to figure out....

Thats the thing, only the people in space or around the weapon know about whats going on. Everyone else in the world are totally oblivious to the fact that a laser is being fired at middle east refugee camps and the opposition. I bet if more people, including more federation people, knew what was going on they would probably start to question which side is doing the right thing and which side is not, kind of like Sergei is.

As for this episode, I thought it was epic! I have mixed feelings about Gundam 00's upgrade. It was indeed overpowered but I have a feeling this will be the last major upgrade for Gundam 00. The only other upgrade I could see happening in the future would probably be just an extension on the range of it's telepathy powers and possibly a way to scatter it's GN particles further this way it can communicate with everyone on the earth at once.

Saji's grown up a bit. The old Saji would have left in a heart beat without thinking and then probably get everyone killed lol. I give the guy props for keeping it together. Now his "battle" is probably gonna be focused on trying to persuade people on the battle field to put their weapons down while Setsuna flys around XD.

Dec 23, 2008 9:22 PM

Aug 2007
Man I feel so bad for Saji and Louise. Interesting how Saji is the one to cry and Louise moves on.
Dec 23, 2008 10:10 PM

Apr 2008
Why do ppl complain about 00 being hax?
Liu-mei said it was going to change the world
Ian said it was going to be invincible with O raizer.
Hax were to be expected. At least its not pulling any Strike Freedom crap killing about 30 guys with one volley of oober-hax lasers.It only killed around 10 guys over the course of the entire battle
Dec 24, 2008 8:46 AM
Mar 2008
exactly if 00 Raiser werent at least that strong celestial being would be totally screwed
also we didnt even see the hidden ability of servavee(it must have on) and Arios new abilities(since he was not in the battle)
i stillt dont know if they decide on a good or bad ending for sajixlouise
but Gundam 00 is like z gundma so a bad end is a high possibility
Dec 24, 2008 11:06 AM
Nov 2008
ok...it was a pretty interesting episode..the gundam trans am and double o raiser..plus the new abilities look interesting...but..ENOUGH WITH SAJI AND LOUISE MELANCHOLY AND DRAMA..SICK OF IT...GET BACK TO COOL PLOT...!
Dec 25, 2008 7:42 PM
Jun 2008
personally i dont like louise nor saji....

Louise - she put 1 and 1 together somehow got 3. i mean why the hell would saji want to be her boyfiriend for so damn long and all the while work for the gundams? she didnt even bother waiting to get an explanation she just figures she is right. bah useless character...and those pills make her look like a phyco who needs drugs to survive...

oh and her reason for fighting is utterly stupid...she is fighting because a gundam killed her family right? well what exactly is she doing when she fights kataron? isnt she also killing civilians? she even saw the massacre but she is ok with it? my god talk about hypocrite.....

Saji - Emo (need i say more?) i absolutely hate emo characters like saji..i mean its been how many episodes? he hates war yet he was working for the federation as an engineer?

I do hope they both die..but i have a feeling it will turn out that louise will be about to get killed and saji will get in the say and die. then louise will realise what and utter uber idiot she was and cry for saji. at this point i hope she commits suicide!

PS- apologies for my negative post but i hate these characters as bad as suzaku from code gease....
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My moto in life is to try anything at least once.

People who laugh or berate others because they have a unique hobby are lower than cockroaches. Every person is entitled to when they want. Such is life.
Dec 25, 2008 7:48 PM

Oct 2008
kb2010 said:
personally i dont like louise nor saji....

Louise - she put 1 and 1 together somehow got 3. i mean why the hell would saji want to be her boyfiriend for so damn long and all the while work for the gundams? she didnt even bother waiting to get an explanation she just figures she is right. bah useless character...and those pills make her look like a phyco who needs drugs to survive...

oh and her reason for fighting is utterly stupid...she is fighting because a gundam killed her family right? well what exactly is she doing when she fights kataron? isnt she also killing civilians? she even saw the massacre but she is ok with it? my god talk about hypocrite.....

Saji - Emo (need i say more?) i absolutely hate emo characters like saji..i mean its been how many episodes? he hates war yet he was working for the federation as an engineer?

I do hope they both die..but i have a feeling it will turn out that louise will be about to get killed and saji will get in the say and die. then louise will realise what and utter uber idiot she was and cry for saji. at this point i hope she commits suicide!

PS- apologies for my negative post but i hate these characters as bad as suzaku from code gease....
when revenge is on your mind, all morals and values are out of the window.
Dec 26, 2008 8:13 AM

Mar 2008
Good episode. I think it's pretty funny to read all the Saji hate and the "00 is too overpowered" posts in this topic. Really this was obvious since the end of season 1. Saji won't die (maybe in the end, though I doubt it). He will be like a 5th main character, love it or not. Though I admit, he started to annoy me again.
Moreover it was time for a very powerful tool from CB. That's how late Gundam shows work. But I'm pretty sure the opposition will get something even more powerful very soon. That's so obvious in those shows.

In the end of this episode I was really thinking: " lol, they have the most powerful suit now, but it won't matter because Saji will take O-Riser as his personal transport into doom". That would have been a pretty funny, yet stupid turn of events.

Best scene was pretty much Mei getting slapped by Ribbons. She so deserved that. I hope she will take revenge, though. ^^
Dec 26, 2008 12:57 PM

Jun 2008
wtf!! Saji KO Setsuna??? :O

nice episode! :D
greatest moment:
Ribbons slaps [that greedy lil b!tch!] Wang Liu Mei!
"u deserve that....b!tch!!!"
Dec 27, 2008 12:34 PM

Nov 2008
epic episode 5/5
saji acting as shinji ikari(running away all time)
i think 00 rizer is powerfull enough, it has 300 seconds to take down all what it can, and with 2 lasers and melle combat while being invulnerable
strike freedom could take down an entire army(without time limit or energy limit) in 5 mins
just standing where it was
halleluya+gn arch coming just wait(i hope its not like the tail booster upgrade on kyrios:S)
patrych owned lock on!!?¿ he`s getting dangerous
how did 00 rise destroyed the asteroid?¿
(thanks to all comparing 00 gundam to turn A i cant believe i never knew of it existence dled and seen while waiting for 00 ep12 lol moonlight butterfly FTW nanites-autorepair overtime FTW! tieria=loran(they both change gender lol) and the idea of pair of people came from kihel and dianna xD)
Dec 27, 2008 1:06 PM

Oct 2008
This is gundam tf2. Goddamn demo spam!
Dec 27, 2008 5:39 PM

Feb 2008
having read most of you guy's comments, i think some of you forget that the characters are as intended. but that just goes to show that you payed enough attention to overload your angst...or excitement. it means that the wrighters and directors actually made an impact, the effect that any good story should have.
Dec 28, 2008 12:32 PM

Oct 2008
Jan 9, 2009 7:11 PM

Feb 2008
Fai said:
- I see no reason to hate Saji - he is practically what Setsuna was the entire last season. He blieves in certain things, acts rashly and on impulse and thinks that others won't understand him. Setsuna did exactly the same, till the bigger problems forced him to grow up a bit.
Ah, but the difference between the two that made Setsuna superior was the fact that

I don't hate Saji, I actually sympathize with him in this episode, and I agree the emotions were portrayed realistically.
Jan 14, 2009 10:02 AM

Apr 2007
ribbons ftw. that's how innovators roll, biatch.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 10, 2009 10:57 PM

Nov 2007
DeltaPlus said:
Saji needs to die.

louise needs to die with him.
Mar 13, 2009 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
I join the Saji haters. He was so awesome in the first season. (I mean he worked his ass off just to buy his girlfriend a ring) Now he's just an annoying emo. I think the whole anime overall has become a huge pile of... There's nothing interesting in it anymore.
(or maybe it's just Menclave's fault for doing only 1 episode/month)
Apr 13, 2009 2:12 PM

Jan 2009
After Shinji, Saji is the biggest pussy in the history of anime.

"Black holes are where God divided by zero"-Steven Wright
Apr 21, 2009 10:08 PM

Jul 2008
i feel sorry for saji having to go through such inner turmoil like that, must be so sad; plus setsuna whose watching the whole thing won't help him, and louise has given up on saji
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
May 16, 2009 7:53 AM

Oct 2008
00 Riser PWNAGE!!
I was waiting to see what would happen when saji and louise would finally find out that they're in opposing sides now, 00 Riser made that happen, so thats why despite it being so HAX, I like it =D!
May 19, 2009 8:26 PM

Oct 2008
nerohigh said:
After Shinji, Saji is the biggest pussy in the history of anime.

WHAT?? I don't think so.

That was a real punch from a man. Go saji go.
Aug 3, 2009 9:10 PM

Jul 2009
Oh, what I'd give for someone to put Louise and Saji in a room, smack one, smack the other, and then leave to let them bone.
Aug 5, 2009 9:59 AM

Mar 2009
I really want to punch Saji right now. His bitchin is really annoying.
Next ep. looks like it will be good.
<i>When all else is lost, the future still remains</i>
Jan 5, 2010 10:51 PM

Aug 2008
Wow, I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed this episode because of the SajixLouise relationship. I didn't like their relationship from season 1, but this drama between them is the best thing I've seen in 00's drama (00 sucks at the drama part, if you ask me). I can actually sympathize and understand their feelings. I thought the scene where Louise deletes all of their photos together with Saji screaming in the background was brilliantly portrayed. It showed that Louise is the determined one, and not Saji.

As for all of you complaining that Saji is a pussy, I mean, you JUST noticed? He was always wishy-washy, even from season 1. He's so easily pushed around by Louise. He is terrible at controlling his emotions. Louise, on the other hand, had the determination to live even after the biggest tragedy in her life. I don't see how this episode distorted their character; on the contrary, I thought this episode portrayed their characters brilliantly.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 26, 2010 11:59 AM

Jul 2009
guyklc said:
Wow, I'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed this episode because of the SajixLouise relationship.

I'm also one of these few people :). I really like the drama scenes from Gundam even though I'm not a fan of them in other series. Gundam just makes the best dramas ever! :)

May 14, 2010 12:16 PM
Jul 2018
TechnicsMKII said:
Saji needs to die.
Jun 18, 2010 4:50 PM
Feb 2010
Saji needs to grow a backbone. Ever since the beginning, he's been annoying me to death.

And that was a good slap that Ribbons did.

Aug 6, 2010 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
If louise believes that then she was never truly in love with him. She is a terrible female.
I'm glad Senji did not take the 0 riser and run.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.