Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Little Busters!' Announced (Confirmed to Start Oct 2013)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 8, 2013 8:33 AM

Aug 2011
jmal said:
Tennouji_ said:
Objectively, that isn't true and that'll never true on any original source material to anime adaptation.

Please don't use the word "objectively" when the correct word for the situation is the complete opposite of "objective". And saying no adaptation has improved on the original, ever, is an extremist view that takes it even farther from being even remotely "objective".

I'm not going to say that any given LB! arc was better than the LN, because I haven't read the LN. But saying it's an objective fact that it is literally impossible for an adaptation to improve something is pretty crazy, especially because whether it's been improved or not is a matter of each individual's opinion and preferences.

I think a lot of people prefer the original material a lot of the time for a lot of shows, but that's not the same as what you're claiming. It is quite possible for someone to feel differently in a specific case.

It's definitely not always a case of the piece being better, the K-ON! anime was much better than the mange, for example.
Apr 8, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
Tennouji_ said:
Objectively, that isn't true and that'll never true on any original source material to anime adaptation.

Please don't use the word "objectively" when the correct word for the situation is the complete opposite of "objective". And saying no adaptation has improved on the original, ever, is an extremist view that takes it even farther from being even remotely "objective".

I'm not going to say that any given LB! arc was better than the LN, because I haven't read the LN. But saying it's an objective fact that it is literally impossible for an adaptation to improve something is pretty crazy, especially because whether it's been improved or not is a matter of each individual's opinion and preferences.

I think a lot of people prefer the original material a lot of the time for a lot of shows, but that's not the same as what you're claiming. It is quite possible for someone to feel differently in a specific case.

Really? Then please enumerate some anime adaptation are better than the original source material. Specifically, at least, VN to anime adaptation.

zeroyuki92 said:
Tennouji_ said:
Tyrel said:
skapandi said:
They ruined the girl routes/common route and now it's time to trample all over Refrain, huh?
Sure as hell not watching this, not that big of a masochist.

Have you even played the VN? Because to me it seems you don't know anything. They adapted the routes well for the girl routes/common route. Hell some of them were better.

>Implying the anime adaptation of some routes are better than the source material.

Wow... I hope you're not going to bring that up anymore. Objectively, that isn't true and that'll never true on any original source material to anime adaptation. Plus, I know that user and he already played the game.

-Fuji- said:
All i want is for it to have romance

I'm pretty sure there'll be romance on the 2nd season.

I agreed with "some of TV routes are better". Yes, LN TV executions are randomly ranging from terrible/mediocre/decent/good, but I prefer Haruka's route TV adaptation from the VN any day.

IMHO the writing in that route in the VN is just terrible. (I hope Jun Maeda someday can rewrite the entire LB! VN rather than trusting most character routes to some random writers, but of course that's impossible)

That's just your mere opinion. If what you're saying is true, then we should share the same opinion in the first place.
TennoujiApr 8, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 8, 2013 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:
Really? Then please enumerate some anime adaptation are better than the original source material. Specifically, at least, VN to anime adaptation.
But perhaps you should also address how you arrive at the "objectively" claim in your statement. At the end, what is "better" is, as jmal said, "a matter of each individual's opinion and preferences".
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 10:54 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Tennouji_ said:
But perhaps you should also address how you arrive at the "objectively" claim in your statement. At the end, what is "better" is, as jmal said, "is a matter of each individual's opinion and preferences".

That's just only prove you haven't seen much original source material which you can totally compare from its anime adaptation.

Since when anime adaptation are far more informative and consistent than the original source material itself?

Apr 8, 2013 10:58 AM

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:
That's just only prove you haven't seen much original source material which you can totally compare from its anime adaptation.
It boggles mind to see how you just jump to conclusion.

Tennouji_ said:
Since when anime adaptation are far more informative and consistent than the original source material itself?
At the end it depends on what standard you use to judge an adaptation. Since anime can never have the same length or volume as a novel, by your standard it is thus always inferior, simply because it is not as informative. But is it really the point of an anime to squeeze in as much information in it as the novel does?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 8, 2013 11:03 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:
so you might want to hold off on the "you obviously haven't seen originals" stuff.

I didn't say "obviously". I only said "haven't much".

symbv said:
At the end it depends on what standard you use to judge an adaptation. Since anime can never have the same length or volume as a novel, by your standard it is thus always inferior

Not just by my own, or anyone's.

symbv said:
because it is not as informative.

There you have it.

I guess I should let this slide. I doubt any of you may understand. I'm not really that good at picking appropriate words.

Apr 8, 2013 11:14 AM

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:
I guess I should let this slide. I doubt any of you may understand. I'm not really that good at picking appropriate words.
At the very least you did not pick the appropriate word when you said "objectively".

Anyway, saying that an anime adaptation will always be "worse" simply because the amount of information is less is putting way too much stress on the strength of a novel format while downplaying too much of what an anime can bring that a novel cannot.
symbvApr 8, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 8, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Tennouji_ said:
At the very least you did not pick the appropriate word when you said "objectively"

It's neither appropriate nor not to begin with.

symbv said:

Anyway, saying that an anime adaptation will always be "worse" simply because the amount of information is less is putting way too much stress on the strength of a novel format while downplaying too much of what an anime can bring that a novel cannot.

I never implied "worse" or anything that you may think of something negative. I'm implying the anime adaptation couldn't surpass the original source material on a positive way. The only way that it may possibly surpass is the enjoyment factor which that's subjective to us.

jmal said:
But just don't call your opinion objective, and use said objectivity to try to invalidate someone else's opinion. Tyrel has every right in the world to personally like some of the anime arcs better. That's honestly all we're getting it.

I never wanted to invalidate one's opinion in the first place. Well, even if I or most of the people said the anime adaptation is the better than original source material, no matter how I or we enjoyed or liked it better, and someone said "that it's not 'objectively' true, I may understand that person.
TennoujiApr 8, 2013 11:31 AM

Apr 8, 2013 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
Oh I can't wait for this.
My body is ready for the awesomeness of Kyousuke and Masato!
Apr 8, 2013 11:48 AM

Sep 2012
Tennouji_ said:
I never implied "worse" or anything that you may think of something negative. I'm implying the anime adaptation couldn't surpass the original source material on a positive way. The only way that it may possibly surpass is the enjoyment factor which that's subjective to us.
Seems you move the post again now. I cannot see why you are not implying "worse" when you said "Really? Then please enumerate some anime adaptation are better than the original source material. "

Apr 8, 2013 12:35 PM
Aug 2011
If KyoAni made Little Busters this show might have actually been worth following.
Apr 8, 2013 4:29 PM

Nov 2009
iWriter88 said:
If KyoAni made Little Busters this show might have actually been worth following.

People should just give this a rest already... xDDD
It should of already been established as to why JC Staff would be a better studio to adapt Little Busters over KyoAni.
Apr 8, 2013 4:44 PM

Sep 2012
zzzz I said I wouldn't come back, but whatever.
No one could've properly compressed 40 hours of content from the VN into 26 episodes.
People think KyoAni is so great because they adapted Clannad, when they cut out a ton of shit from the VN and butchered source material, routes, Key magic explanations, etc. They have good animation, but their scriptwriting is comparatively shit to what JC had.

KyoAni doing Secret of the World foreshadowing, common route episodes, baseball game parts, character growth+development for 10 characters, more than 4 routes (most of Rin's route plus Komari, Mio, Haruka, Kud), in 1 season would make it just as melodramatic as the ending to Chuunibyou, so get over it.

The Clannad core story, and inevitably the anime was all about Nagisa, and KyoAni knew that so they cut a lot of "unnecessary" stuff out", but I bet VN fans who loved the side characters were disappointed when some of them got dumped to OVAs, even though KyoAni's 'godly' animation spent 11 episodes on 2 arcs in season 1, and they developed primarily the main heroine.

The story was meant to either be a long anime, or a long VN. It doesn't work quite as well as Clannad, where you can dump out parts of the story focus mostly on Nagisa's parts with a few other irrelevant other arcs.
Apr 8, 2013 5:10 PM

Jun 2010
Expected that. So, Kurugaya route?
Apr 8, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2011
MillaMaxwell said:
Expected that. So, Kurugaya route?

As seen from the trailer, yes.
Apr 8, 2013 6:40 PM

Apr 2010
Well, not that I'm SO interesed now but I'm definitely watching it

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Apr 8, 2013 8:08 PM

Dec 2011
I'll most likely watch it. But I'm mainly hoping that it'll at least be slightly better than the first season.
Apr 8, 2013 8:13 PM

Apr 2013
I should start watching Little Busters! season 1 right now then! I am so behind on anime.
Apr 8, 2013 8:17 PM

Mar 2012
Animation and JC aside I'm pleased with LB adaptation. Waiting for Kurugaya route now.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 10, 2013 12:25 AM

Sep 2008
Nothing much for me to expect from the new season, except for having "Song for Friends" as ending theme. XD
Apr 11, 2013 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
Not as hyped for this as the first season but I'll still watch it.
Apr 13, 2013 3:47 PM

Dec 2011
looking forward to the 2nd season :)

Apr 13, 2013 3:52 PM
Nov 2012
Guys, understand something. The first season is only the build-up, so you can relate very well with the characters that you have known. The same thing went with Clannad, as the first season had no big events except for the growing romance between Nagisa and Tomoya. Then the second season was fantastic, but it was better due to everyone knowing the characters so well. The Refrain part of Little Busters is the actual juicy parts, as Clannad After Story was. If you read the visual novel, then you know this. Judge the story after you watched the whole thing, trust me it is great.
Apr 13, 2013 11:19 PM

Jul 2010
o wow, so much complaining, discussion, predictions, hate, love, and so much more for a single VN, which was number 1 for a good while.

now im wondering if it was a good decision to just wait for all of this to be animated or to go ahead with the VN. i guess i'll just have to wait and see

Apr 14, 2013 3:11 PM

Apr 2012
All this beef about who would have been better animating LB. Seriously guys, it doesnt matter because the kid is always going to black out and thats what we want yes?
Apr 14, 2013 10:42 PM
Jun 2009
I don't have any opinion on either the Little Busters anime or VN. What I will say is that Muv-Luv Extra is necessary for Alternative to be as good as it is. However, that would not be enough to save Extra itself from being crap. For the record, I don't quite think that Extra is crap, there are parts of it that I enjoyed. But the point stands.
Apr 15, 2013 5:55 PM
Jan 2013
The first season was mostly about their background stories, so I guess i expected this from the start...
Apr 15, 2013 6:48 PM

Apr 2010
whatev said:
I don't have any opinion on either the Little Busters anime or VN. What I will say is that Muv-Luv Extra is necessary for Alternative to be as good as it is. However, that would not be enough to save Extra itself from being crap. For the record, I don't quite think that Extra is crap, there are parts of it that I enjoyed. But the point stands.

Extra was better, anyway. I dropped Alternative halfway through once it started being all grimdark and stuff.. I preferred the fun romcom of Extra to that.

Apr 15, 2013 7:16 PM
Feb 2013
I want Riki and Rin to make some development
Emotions is what makes the heart!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZpi1n55LDd5kG2ipFzmNlw
Apr 17, 2013 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Akaganohiro said:
I want Riki and Rin to make some development

Granted! XD
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Apr 19, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2011
another season? urghh.... i didnt even finish the 1st season -_-||
Whenever You Go, how ever lonely you get, No Matter how hard it is. Don't forget, I'll be here Thinking of you. You are definitely not alone! -Nanami Takahashi-
Apr 21, 2013 5:16 PM
Jul 2018
I'm really glad they're making a second season, for me who has played the visual novel to its fullest (the ecstasy version included), i want to see a lot more character developement, i'm guessing this is going to be the adaptation of the Refrain route in the game, i'm figuring it'll go something like this:

This is what i predict is going to be, it's pretty much just a copy of the actual route but i want to see what they do in the anime version, i want to see Rin and Riki together but i'm unsure if that's going to happen.
Apr 22, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2012
If they don't improve the directing and budget, Key and all it's fans are going to be disappointed as fuck.
I try too hard to defend the first season, but the point stands that it just isn't flashy or interesting like Clannad season 1 is, unless you really like the young female characters, or some of the male characters, but it isn't enough to keep most people interested.

Refrain could turn out to be a ton better, but season 1 will stand as an unappetizing disaster for most people, despite still loving it myself. JC Staff and Key need to get their shit together.

It's extremely frustrating to see a VN of the quality of Clannad get a piss poor adaptation by 2008's standards, 4-5 years later...
People say it's hard to adapt, and it is, but budget and effort put into the anime is lacking all around. Clannad has a similar route system with different endings, and After Story route. Little Busters is Key's flagship VN, and the VN is even more popular in Japan, and people draw more art on pixiv for it and whatnot. Whether it's better or not is subjective, but a VN of this calibur getting an unimpressive anime makes me downright sick, and it's my favorite series.

I don't see what's so hard to adapt one of Key's most recent and best visual novels (besides Rewrite which is more recent) and give it an actual prominent director and decent budget.
May 31, 2013 7:25 PM
Aug 2012
Vladz0r said:

I don't see what's so hard to adapt one of Key's most recent and best visual novels (besides Rewrite which is more recent) and give it an actual prominent director and decent budget.

Honestly for something as big as this they should have shipped some hollywood ****ing director for this ****, japanese people suck at makign tv shows (there i said it)
Jun 1, 2013 2:42 PM

May 2013
Um.....i know nothing of little busters. The only info i have is from the first season. Tell me.....is this going to be like Clannad where everything goes to shit? :( Dont get me wrong, thats what made clannad good. Judging by the trailer....OH GOD
Jun 1, 2013 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
I can wait for this..... And then wait some more.... and then not watch it.
Jun 2, 2013 1:10 AM

Sep 2011
Now all I have to do is find a way to finish the first season.
Jun 2, 2013 8:58 PM

Dec 2011
HandSonicvI said:
Um.....i know nothing of little busters. The only info i have is from the first season. Tell me.....is this going to be like Clannad where everything goes to shit? :( Dont get me wrong, thats what made clannad good. Judging by the trailer....OH GOD

well, basically in Refrain shit just get real D;
Jun 7, 2013 5:46 PM

May 2013
LOVE IT WHEN SHIT GETS REAL!
Jun 8, 2013 4:59 AM

May 2013
yes...Little Busters was a very good light anime in the first season...judging from the trailer its gonna be sad like Clannad. Can't wait for 2nd season ^_^
Jun 11, 2013 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
Seano299 said:
symbv said:
Seano299 said:
that a lot of their fans will just buy their stuff just because it has the god damn KyoAni name stapled on it..
This is only a myth.

K-On and Lucky Star has sold way more than a lot of other animes had. Those literally had no plot to them and were made by KyoAni. I don't really think that's a myth.
Sometimes, the level of stupidity I see on MAL literally sucks the last bits of hope I have in the evolution of the human race.

As I've said countless times in other places, no plot does not make something bad!

Sure, you may only like a show with a convoluted and overarching plot, but some people prefer a show that's about nothing or is just meant to be funny in a low-key kind of way. And you know what? K-On! and Lucky Star were able to do just that, and since KyoAni put obvious effort and heart into making them, it showed in the final product, hence why they sold.

Your correlation between a show's plot and the quality of said show is below asinine.

Jun 11, 2013 7:40 AM

Sep 2012
^ For "plot" they only mean "overarching plot". In writing, even short stories have plot, and SoL anime is basically a bunch of short stories strung together. And each of those short stories has plot, just not the one those people want to see.

Besides, as I said before, we already know that not everything KyoAni made sold well. Just that fact is enough to debunk what Seano299 said and confirms it is a myth. But you are right, so what if it does not have the kind of "plot" that people like Seano299 want? This does not lead to they being bad, not at all.
symbvJun 11, 2013 7:44 AM

Jun 14, 2013 12:00 PM

Feb 2013
whens the date for its release?
Fear leads to Anger. Anger leads to Hate. Hate leads to Suffering. (Yoda)
Jun 14, 2013 12:30 PM

Sep 2011
akatsukireunites said:
whens the date for its release?

No new announcement yet. I guess they're planning to release first an another trailer or something.

But I bet it'll start airing at Winter 2013 2014 or sooner.

EDIT: 2014 I mean. :V
TennoujiJun 14, 2013 6:40 PM

Jun 14, 2013 12:46 PM

Dec 2007
Winter 2014 you mean.

Not sure what JC Staff has in store already for Fall, but I'm expecting it then.
Jun 25, 2013 1:36 PM

Apr 2010
http://blog-imgs-51.fc2.com/y/a/r/yaraon/wr.jpg

26 episodes confirmed for Refrain and "no modifications to the story"

Jun 25, 2013 3:17 PM

Dec 2011
RyanSaotome said:

HELL YESS
So I can assume that Kurugaya's arc will have romance intact and more than three caps because 26 is a big number of chapters or I hope so xD
Jun 25, 2013 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
RyanSaotome said:

I like what I see.
Jun 25, 2013 3:29 PM

Sep 2012
My tear ducts are ready!
Jun 25, 2013 7:05 PM

Sep 2011
RyanSaotome said:

Probably I can imagine it but I still think it's too much. Well, I guess the milking deserves it after what they did to the heroine routes.

Still waiting for the announcement regarding to the airing date.
TennoujiJun 25, 2013 7:15 PM

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
1 hour ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
7 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 12 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
7 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
10 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.