Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 7, 2007 11:34 AM

Aug 2006
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I decided to check this one out since it's kasai kenichi directing (honey and clover, nodame).

Decently entertaining first ep, though you can easily tell it comes from a dating sim. A bunch of big voice actors in this one as well.

Interested in seeing how kasai does directing this one
#dontcare
Oct 9, 2007 12:13 AM
Sep 2006
I really loved this in all actuality, I thought the animation was nice and the show gave a good feeling. Despite a lot of cliché happenings, I'm looking forward to the next episode. I'm such a sucker for this romantic lovey-dovey stuff. ^^;;
Oct 9, 2007 12:40 AM

Sep 2007
I liked this episode as well in all honesty. It was cute, and made me extremely happy. I really like the animation. The ending made me smile despite it being somewhat cliche :D. I'm really curious to see what happens next.

Oct 9, 2007 5:07 AM

Jul 2007
This seems like a very promising series indeed, there are lots of great characters and I'm very interested to see what happens between all of them. Anyways it was a great first episode , can't wait for more^^
Oct 9, 2007 5:19 AM

Mar 2007
Yess that was a great episode, all the beautiful girls, and especially Futami at the end. I would've gladly taken that kiss.
Oct 9, 2007 6:06 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Man, I didn't really expect anything but I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! It was funny, the art is very nice, the girls are beautiful and the music fits as well. I don't care about the clichés - if that's what's entertaining, then why not.

Mao is a great girl, and I really like Eriko a lot as well - even if I haven't seen much of her in the first episode. Definitely looking forward to more!

On a site note, I noticed that lately, a lot of anime put scenes or pictures of the latest episode into the ED of said episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 9, 2007 6:11 AM

May 2007
Which fansubbing group has taken up this series?

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]
Oct 9, 2007 6:14 AM

Jun 2007
BSS subbed the first episode
Oct 9, 2007 6:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Don't know the full name their website is currently down, short name is BSS: http://www.tokyotosho.com/search.php .

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 9, 2007 7:52 AM

Sep 2007
God, so many cute girls! I felt I died and gone to heaven. I couldn't help but grin profusely the entire episode.
Oct 9, 2007 11:09 AM

Jan 2007
cyruz said:
Man, I didn't really expect anything but I thoroughly enjoyed this episode! It was funny, the art is very nice, the girls are beautiful and the music fits as well. I don't care about the clichés - if that's what's entertaining, then why not.

Mao is a great girl, and I really like Eriko a lot as well - even if I haven't seen much of her in the first episode. Definitely looking forward to more!

On a site note, I noticed that lately, a lot of anime put scenes or pictures of the latest episode into the ED of said episode.

thats exactly how i feel about this show. I'll be looking forward to more of it.
Oct 9, 2007 12:26 PM
Apr 2006
first series this season watched with sub, yeah :D

i was thinking of skipping this show...now i'm glad i didn't^^ read positive comments and thought i might as well risk it...it was unexpectedly good & fun to watch. nice animation too...more~

Oct 9, 2007 1:19 PM

Jul 2007
It/s better than i expected... The characters are dynamic in their stereotypes... which makes itfun to watch. ^_^

though i kind of expected the paper airplanes to konk Aihara on the head. XD

Mao reminds me of Yoshino from Marimite,... for obvious reasons.
Oct 9, 2007 5:08 PM

Jul 2007
Definitely better then what I was expecting. Like the animation, the music is nice, and the characters are pretty awesome. Definitely looking forward to watching more of this.

I knew Mao reminded me of someone, just couldn't place it. Definitely see where you're coming from on that amarantos.
Oct 9, 2007 5:43 PM

Jun 2007
:D i have a really good feeling about this anime. The animation was really pretty, all the characters are cute, and the music was nice :3

Mao and the girl that was blushing a lot kind of reminded me of the characters from High School Girls....

Oct 10, 2007 12:17 AM

Apr 2007
It was alright, didnt quite live up to my expectations, but whatever. I agree on the animation, like it. Even though this does look like another typical romance anime, i'll still keep watching it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2007 3:02 PM

Aug 2007
My friend told me this seemed good so I decided to check it out, and I'm glad I did.
I hope I'll still think so after a few more episodes!

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Oct 10, 2007 3:40 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Everyone seems more excited about this episode than it left me feeling ... which I find odd, because went it comes to romance stuff, I'm usually the first in line which a huge bucket of popcorn! My first thought after I watched this was "I felt like I just watched the first episode of Days of Our Lives or the Young and the Restless" xD

I'm normally not into harem (aside from a few specifics) so I was excited when I saw there was a lot of men to back up the women characters, but at the same time, it has the potential, I think, to turn into a full fledged soap opera :S Shows based off of dating sims and rpgs usually leave me a little wary as well. But I can't say that I have any previous experience in shows like this, so my opinion probably doesn't count for much!

I thought the art was great, and the characters definitely have the potential to be interesting, so I'm going to keep going with this for the moment. I'm really going to have to start weeding out some of the new anime soon though -- I don't have enough time to watch all this season's series that I've been checking out xD
Oct 10, 2007 6:47 PM

Jun 2007
This is pretty much what I hoped this series would be. It wasn't groundbreaking, but it was entertaining with some good humor. I'm definitely going to keep watching this.
Oct 10, 2007 9:57 PM

Feb 2007
Futami was win imo.

Good entertaining show. :D

I think everyone said all that was needed (too lazy to quote what cyruz said :P)
Oct 11, 2007 4:48 AM

Sep 2007
Kanashimi said:
I really loved this in all actuality, I thought the animation was nice and the show gave a good feeling. Despite a lot of cliché happenings, I'm looking forward to the next episode. I'm such a sucker for this romantic lovey-dovey stuff. ^^;;

<--- total uber sucker to these kinds of stuff... jumped outta my chair in joy at the end xD
Oct 11, 2007 11:42 PM

Aug 2007
From a male standing I am not too sure why I get so caught up in romantic dramas. I guess I would say it is a dream to me, on account that love never seems to be that romantic in real life. In summary, sucker for romantic drama = loved this show.

Added plus (at least in my book), directed by Kenichi Kasai, who directed Honey and Clover and Nodame Cantabile.

Signature Provided By: AK_Legend
Oct 12, 2007 9:58 AM
Sep 2007
yea u can tell is from a data sim but if they do it right it could be alot better than the average romance anime, you kno what i mean the old boy meet girl, boy likes girl but is 2 shy 2 tell and we have 2 wait 24 till builds up confidence and final ask her out or kisses her. it looks like there could be quite abit of drama + the first ep was pretty good.
yea im looking forward 2 the next ep

lazyguyOct 12, 2007 10:21 AM
Oct 12, 2007 2:21 PM

Oct 2006
I'm too lazy to write so... :P
cyruz said:

I wasn't expecting it, but seems I'll probably see this one through.
Oct 12, 2007 6:56 PM

Mar 2007
All in all, a good first episode. The plot's not too cliche (insert accent over the "e" XD), and it's not an actual harem, what with all the boys there along with girls.
Oct 13, 2007 5:47 PM

Jul 2007
is it just me or does kazuki look like shirou from FSN?
Oct 13, 2007 7:20 PM

Aug 2007
hmm.. it was ok. I'll check out a few eps. Nice "experiment" though
Oct 31, 2007 7:30 AM

Sep 2007
Decided to pick this up and see how it is. It was an okay episode. Cute, but a tad cliche like others said and I'm not a big fan of cliche at all, but I still have 3 more eps to watch to catch up!
Mar 27, 2008 5:58 PM

Apr 2007
A lot of cliches but so far so good. It ended on an interesting note although I can guess where that one will go.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 8, 2008 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
wow, how the ep ended reminds me of an ending finale from a rom series, how the music starts and the awaited kiss... but its jut the first ep!!!!
May 18, 2008 7:39 AM

May 2008
Picked this up without having read up on it. Is this another great Moe series? Guess time will tell. Nice cliffhanger, btw. Will watch some more.

"Krijg toch allemaal de klere. Val van mijn part allemaal dood."
Aug 13, 2008 3:33 PM
Jan 2008
This is porbaly one of the best first episode of an anime i've seen. I lot of things happened and quite entertaining. Already a story line and good introduction.
May 20, 2009 3:46 PM

Jun 2008
To be honest I just started watching it right after completing the Itazura na Kiss. Right now I'm in the middle of Hatsukoi Limited, which is pretty similar to this anime.
So, my opinion after watching the 1 episode is positive. Maybe to ecchi to me but alright. The shower scene was quite nasty but really funny. Only Kazuki recognises his childhood friend Mao-chan;)
We also meet other female characters, but still I see nothing innovative in this series.
I think I might watch it to the end:)
I'm starting to like this kind of anime.
Jun 11, 2009 12:50 PM

Jul 2008
gaackkkk.... speechless, totally suprised by that kiss. decided to catch this up and it was defintly worth it. now want to finish this one quickly><

Jan 24, 2010 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
Hmm well interesting enough first episode, not quite as interesting as True tears but I think I'm seeing why the two are considered similar, but wow a kiss for first episode as an ending =]
Feb 8, 2010 2:08 PM

May 2008
Interesting.
Jun 14, 2010 1:24 PM
Jul 2018
Quite nice and solid introduction.
Aug 7, 2010 12:24 PM

Jul 2010
well i just watched this ep again after i have read the manga and i don't really know what i should think of this series. well the mana didn't have much drama or so in it and it seems to me that they will make through the boys that they have added a little more dramatic.

i don't know why but i liked the manga it was how in the amagami ss anime now. well i will watch it through and i hope it will be good show.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
Sep 28, 2011 1:26 AM

Aug 2008
Siing said:
It was alright, didnt quite live up to my expectations, but whatever. I agree on the animation, like it. Even though this does look like another typical romance anime, i'll still keep watching it.

This. It was a bit boring, but eh whatever :3 Hope this will pick up!

Apr 16, 2012 4:35 PM

Nov 2011
Experiments are serious business.
Mar 18, 2013 1:52 AM

Feb 2010
Excellent for a dating sim adaptation. Unfortunately you can still tell it's one from the awkward dialogues and disproportionate male:female ratio.

I loved the bits of humor and introspection beginning around 10:05 and ending at the intermission. I hope to see more of this stuff in the coming episodes. The dialogue in general made me cringe but I doubt there was much to redeem from the original material. Director Kasai did a fine job of making the show this watchable.
Apr 27, 2013 3:07 AM

May 2012
A rather nice start of this anime! Some nice characters that got introduced and directly some relationships covered that might develop later on in the story! The ending was a bit unexpecting as a direct kiss in the first episode that's rather epic in a way! That's sure is a nice experiment to try out :p

Lets see what this anime has to offer!
May 6, 2014 8:35 AM

Nov 2010
I didn't expect a kiss. nice, and the whole episode felt good.
Jul 28, 2014 2:56 AM

May 2013
Mao gets on my nerves. She really just barged in without introducing herself after a long ass time and she stole his room? Yo that's messed up.

Seems like there's going to be multiple pairs. Thought it was going to be like Amagami or something.

Okay episode.
Sep 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Dec 2013
Watched this series a few years ago. Forget all about it until I stumbled across it a few days ago on myanimelist. The moment I saw the name and the picture I was hit with a tsunami of mixed feelings. Both good and bad. Heart wrench and nostalgia are two examples.

I don't normally particularly like harem anime however this anime is an exception. After rewatching this episode I can tell you all that this anime will be a big RIDE. So be prepared!!

Take your sides now and get ready for war and tears!

Go Hoshino!!! XDDD
Dec 10, 2014 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
Nice start! I think I can predict final pairing, but I will watch it.
Ending scene was totally unexpected.
5/5
Dub = fake crap. Always.
May 3, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2014
I'm smiling all the way from the beginning ~ . Its a kind of exciting ~ !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2017 3:53 AM

Dec 2014
well the first episode introduction of characters...hmmm
Jan 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Aug 2017
Boring start. Cannot figure out why nerdy girl kisses dweeby boy.
Jun 22, 2023 5:08 AM
Oct 2018
For a first episode, it was really good.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Mar 22, 2008

215 by Dapu »»
Mar 20, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 23 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 15, 2008

47 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 22 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 8, 2008

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 21 Discussion

radiantfire - Mar 1, 2008

32 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 5:40 PM

Poll: » Kimi-kiss ~ pure rouge Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Feb 23, 2008

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Aug 7, 2023 1:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.