Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 16, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2011
Yvese said:
Great ep. Far less random and slower paced than the first ep which is nice to see.

Love all the characters so far, and Midori totally has the hots for Tamako. Hopefully we'll see progress on that front in the coming eps :D

Also, seeing cute girls in bunny costumes = win

And of course, who can forget the bird? Seriously, I find it hard NOT to like him.

Just look at that #swag

Ajunky said:
winter_mint said:
just a thought... What "thing" do you guys think that the bird is? A robot that gets fat after eating mochi? @@

the nervous robot speech was so funny xD
It's a cyborg bird...

And I guess this is becoming magical reality, where it's just slightly surprising to see a bird project an image, and the fact that it talks isn't even thought as weird anymore.
I stopped caring about those details. I see it as a cute and fluffy show so trying to figure out how the bird operates and why everyone acts normally around it is pointless imo.

Just enjoy it ;D
you're forgetting all this Swag also lol
funny episode once again with over dose of moe~
Jan 16, 2013 4:34 PM

May 2010
quite enjoyable episode.and i usually not a huge fan of moe overkill.

still i cant get over that florist..something is wrong with his/her voice/look...
Jan 16, 2013 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
What an adorable episode! Midori crushing on tamako is so cute, I hope they will develop that.
also, I love tamako and her dad
Jan 16, 2013 4:44 PM
Nov 2012
Yuri has never been *THIS* sweet and innocent.
This series has my vote, will keep watching.
Jan 16, 2013 4:47 PM

Apr 2012
Pretty lame, pointless and boring in my book..
More enjoyable than the first ep, though.
The bird was not even close as annoying as last week.
Still it won't hold me watching this any further.
Jan 16, 2013 4:50 PM

Jan 2011
Kerozinn said:
quite enjoyable episode.and i usually not a huge fan of moe overkill.

still i cant get over that florist..something is wrong with his/her voice/look...

Either she's transgender, or he's very feminine. There's nothing "wrong" with them. I don't know if you've realized it, but a major theme in this show is accepting unconventional things, be it a talking bird, a transgender/feminine florist, or feelings for someone of the same gender. "Anyone can love anyone they want," as Kana says.
Jan 16, 2013 4:52 PM

Dec 2009
Far better than the first episode!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 16, 2013 5:03 PM

Apr 2012
Ugh, the moe felt too forced and while the story was less random than the first episode, it practically shifted focus to a holiday event and to another character, which is a bit odd for a second episode. All in all, I don't think this episode really did anything, and while I guess that's the point of slice of life shows, it felt more like a holiday special than an episode made to develop the series/characters. The whole Midori/Tamako thing reminds me way too much of Ritsu/Mio's, and given KyoAni's reputation of playing it safe, I can almost guarantee that it will end in the very same manner. (5/10)
Jan 16, 2013 5:08 PM

Feb 2012
nil- said:
The whole Midori/Tamako thing reminds me way too much of Ritsu/Mio's, and given KyoAni's reputation of playing it safe, I can almost guarantee that it will end in the very same manner. (5/10)

In all fairness the Midori/Tamako thing has already gone farther in two episodes than the Ritsu/Mio thing ever did.
Jan 16, 2013 5:11 PM
Nov 2012
Hakuromatsu said:
nil- said:
The whole Midori/Tamako thing reminds me way too much of Ritsu/Mio's, and given KyoAni's reputation of playing it safe, I can almost guarantee that it will end in the very same manner. (5/10)

In all fairness the Midori/Tamako thing has already gone farther in two episodes than the Ritsu/Mio thing ever did.

Was there anything between them at all? I might have missed something ...
Jan 16, 2013 5:18 PM

Feb 2012
Not really.
Jan 16, 2013 5:24 PM

Apr 2012
GatekeeperLamb said:
Hakuromatsu said:
nil- said:

In reference to the "Mio has a new friend and Ritsu's jealous that she gets less play time with her" episode or two. Was pretty yuri as far as KyoAni yuri goes.

In terms of actual lesbian(-ism?), it will likely be similar to how JC Staff handled Minori's from Toradora. Subtly played for a few episodes, then tossed out the window and never mentioned again.
Jan 16, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
I would like to mail her a brush, please fix your lose hair!
Jan 16, 2013 5:28 PM
Nov 2012
But the series never implied LOVE from girl to girl in Toradora, this episode was pretty straight forward to be honest, which surprises me.
Jan 16, 2013 5:32 PM

Nov 2011
I love how no one elaborated on the fact that a fat white Japanese speaking bird shot out a projection of light from his eyes or questions who the foreign people on the screen were. Still some what enjoyable though. Tamako x Mochizou for life. I hope Kyoto Animations will deliver. Not a fan of Yuri or Yaoi.
Jan 16, 2013 5:36 PM

Apr 2012
GatekeeperLamb said:
But the series never implied LOVE from girl to girl in Toradora, this episode was pretty straight forward to be honest, which surprises me.

Ah, I guess you haven't looked too closely at Minori's love for Taiga in the middle few episodes of the drama arcs (actually I'm not even sure if you need to look closely as it's laid pretty bare). But that's sort of besides the point since this is more a reactions/impressions topic for Tamako. You can discuss it via comments or PMs if you'd like.
Jan 16, 2013 5:36 PM

Jun 2011
So... they have the technology to somehow build a robot/projector/bird with a superficial personality that uses the YKK method for connecting cameras from the mouth, but they still use vinyl records?

Interesting... a little.
Jan 16, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2007
Super entertaining! Loved every second second of it. In the other seconds, just had a broad smile on my face. This fluffy feeling of love! Great episode!

I am so hooked with the ED song!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 16, 2013 5:56 PM

Sep 2011
GatekeeperLamb said:
Hakuromatsu said:
nil- said:

How much did you read in between the lines to see a Ritsu and Mio thing? There was nothing between them. They were just close friends.
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Jan 16, 2013 5:56 PM
Oct 2012
Good ep! very enjoyable.
I'm grad to see this show seems to have some romance.
I felt Midri likes Mochizo rather than Tamako..
Jan 16, 2013 5:58 PM

Feb 2012
Nice episode :)
lol'd at the stiff facial expressions~
So Midori really has feelings for Tamako, huh...
Jan 16, 2013 6:04 PM

Jul 2009
...i dont know. either last week's episode was much better or i was in a better mood last week cause this week's was pretty boring. i had no idea what the whole blonde hair girl's ordeal was. zzz
Jan 16, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode, I smiled through the whole episode, although the bird doesn't become the main attention anymore.
Such a relaxing, cute, lively and lighthearted series
Why Mochizou didn't give Tamako any choco? >.<
And does Midori likes Tamako? I remember that I've read it somewhere before..
Firixizu_MintJan 16, 2013 6:48 PM
Jan 16, 2013 7:06 PM

May 2012
Tamako's laugh is so cute, and her with kanna in the bunny suits, so moe XD
Jan 16, 2013 7:06 PM

Sep 2012
Yuri senses are tingling, which makes this show more interesting.
It will probably be subtle knowing that kyoani is doing this, hopefully the characters will develop.
I always find the elaborate conceited pose the bird takes hilarious even though the show seems to not mainly focus on him anymore.
Jan 16, 2013 7:21 PM

Sep 2011
Kiwi and Mango! ^_^
Jan 16, 2013 7:23 PM

Feb 2009
Ugh I don't like the school girls becoming the main focus at all. Might have to drop it if this keeps up, which it probably will.
Jan 16, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2012
After being pretty disappointed by the first episode I really enjoyed this. It seems this will be hit and miss for me but definitely going to watch the rest of this.
Jan 16, 2013 7:49 PM
Jun 2010
I didn't know what to think after the first episode, but after this episode I'm convinced this show will be wonderful. In spite of the bizarre "plot" (underplayed to great effect, although I'm sure it'll become more important by the end) and colorful comedy/direction, there are so many mundane details in the show that ring true. I don't know how to put it, but everything strikes me as bold in it subtlety and subtle in its boldness.

I'm looking forward to see where this goes.
Jan 16, 2013 8:00 PM
Jul 2012

After watching this episode, I'm still very confused. Is this character a guy or girl because I'm pretty sure I'm hearing a male voice.
Jan 16, 2013 8:15 PM

Aug 2009
Jan 16, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2010
That Fabulous Bird is facing the problem of boys everywhere.

Jan 16, 2013 8:21 PM

Jun 2012
Another great episode. I like that it doesn't focus on school or any characters in particular (except Tamako). I really like Tamako's enthusiasm, I would go to her market so often, haha. Once again, a random, but enjoyable episode. A little early, though, being midway through January (not saying the anime must follow our seasons).
5/5.

Jan 16, 2013 8:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
animaders said:

After watching this episode, I'm still very confused. Is this character a guy or girl because I'm pretty sure I'm hearing a male voice.

LOL I'm pretty sure that is a man. He's just kind of girly :P

Like a lot of people said, first episode was kind of "eh," but after this week's episode, I think I will like this show. I love Tamako and Mochizou's telephone system, so cute! The two of them seem to be able to communicate with each other very well, especially that scene where Mochizou does some hand motion thing to Tamako to tell her that he will do the talking <3 Cute episode!
Jan 16, 2013 8:25 PM

Sep 2012
man those bunny suits are way too cute
Jan 16, 2013 8:28 PM

Jun 2010
It's predictable, but i'm enjoying it so far. I'm intrigued by that "prince" and how they'll develop whatever is happening with him. Yes, i'll definitely keep watching this. Though i'm starting to hate the K-on! designs.
Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 16, 2013 8:47 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
A relaxing and laid back episode. The projector bird was weird, I had actually forgotten about that last episode. Anyway, I believe that will be a point for the main plot to take off from.

Clearly, this could've done without the bird, but in a way, this gives a path for the story to go at least.

About Midori liking Tamako, adds some depth to her character, but as to how significant it'll become from here on out...
Jan 16, 2013 9:08 PM

Aug 2012
Oh wow many people here is so sensitive (?) -I don't know the right word, heehee. How could you guys easily found out that Midori got some feeling with Tamako? I didn't see that. I thought that Midori was blushed when Dera projected his prince. I thought (again) that Dera has told her that Dera wants Midori to be the prince fiancee. But, I guess it's just some wild thinking I've got. So, I had no idea that Midori has feelings for Tamako.

After watching it again, well, yes, we could get impression that Midori likes Tamako but it doesn't really mean that Midori loves Tamako in that "kind of way". The evidence is just not enough and I think it was just about girls friendship. It's not that I deny that kind of relationship (homosexual) though, it's all right. But, the evidence is just not enough, at least for me. It's more like, what they say back then? "Platonic love"?

oh by the way, from MAL's synopsis:
...It's complicated though, especially when it comes to emotions and her relationship with her best boy friend Mochizo, whose family runs a rival mochi shop. And lately, Kanna's been feeling a little odd about her feelings towards Tamako as well. And what's with up with that strange bird fluttering around, the one that speaks fluent Japanese? It's all very mysterious and overwhelming, but at least Tamako always has one thing she can count on: No matter if your day's been good or bad, there's certain to be something sugary and delicious waiting at the end of every adventure whenever you take a walk through Tamako Market!

So it actually should be Midori who is confused with her feelings toward Tamako then?
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Jan 16, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2011
Back for my weekly overdose of cuteness. :)
Jan 16, 2013 9:24 PM

May 2012
atseira said:
Oh wow many people here is so sensitive (?) -I don't know the right word, heehee. How could you guys easily found out that Midori got some feeling with Tamako? I didn't see that. I thought that Midori was blushed when Dera projected his prince. I thought (again) that Dera has told her that Dera wants Midori to be the prince fiancee. But, I guess it's just some wild thinking I've got. So, I had no idea that Midori has feelings for Tamako.

After watching it again, well, yes, we could get impression that Midori likes Tamako but it doesn't really mean that Midori loves Tamako in that "kind of way". The evidence is just not enough and I think it was just about girls friendship. It's not that I deny that kind of relationship (homosexual) though, it's all right. But, the evidence is just not enough, at least for me. It's more like, what they say back then? "Platonic love"?

oh by the way, from MAL's synopsis:
...It's complicated though, especially when it comes to emotions and her relationship with her best boy friend Mochizo, whose family runs a rival mochi shop. And lately, Kanna's been feeling a little odd about her feelings towards Tamako as well. And what's with up with that strange bird fluttering around, the one that speaks fluent Japanese? It's all very mysterious and overwhelming, but at least Tamako always has one thing she can count on: No matter if your day's been good or bad, there's certain to be something sugary and delicious waiting at the end of every adventure whenever you take a walk through Tamako Market!

So it actually should be Midori who is confused with her feelings toward Tamako then?

In one of the summaries provided before the show aired, they talked about how Mochizou liked Tamako, and then went on to say how him and Midori often got in fights because she also loved Tamako.

So..pretty sure that those are romantic feelings. Not to mention how much the episode was hinting towards it.

Anyway, this episode was soooooo much better than the first. I was about ready to fall asleep the first episode, but things really picked up finally!

I know Midori won't get what she wants (it's the fate of yuri in any show that isn't centrally yuri) but I'll still root for her!
Jan 16, 2013 9:37 PM

Feb 2008
Much better than the first episode, I think. The bird is cool and all, but the human characters should always be the focus.

Needs more Anko though. ;_;
Jan 16, 2013 9:37 PM
Dec 2012
That tin can telephone is convenient.
Jan 16, 2013 9:53 PM

Sep 2012
Kanna is fun.
Jan 16, 2013 9:56 PM
Oct 2011
The bird is somehow a robot or what? Wtf.
And the people there only surprised by a bit
More surprisingly, no one talk about that bird here for this Ep.

-Said no one ever
Jan 16, 2013 10:28 PM

Sep 2011
Dat fucking bird LOL! Man the bird makes this show so much more funny, add the moe and I could live w/ this forever.

Dat movie bird.
Jan 16, 2013 11:05 PM

Aug 2010
This anime needs more of Tamako and her friends and less KFC

Also, if wasn't so lazy, I'd shop trollface onto that bird as he was dancing on the "phone" line.

Best scene of this ep: Usa usa pyon pyon
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 16, 2013 11:24 PM

Aug 2012
Now this is just downright amusing.

Also.."Everyone has a feeling they can't give a name to..everyone. And it hurts us all inside." Well damn, that sorta hit home.
Jan 17, 2013 1:01 AM
Dec 2012
Midori = tsundere
I love tsunderes xD
Jan 17, 2013 1:10 AM
Dec 2012
Jan 17, 2013 1:11 AM

Aug 2012
Lol, Midori has feeling for Tamako and those nervous faces on Mochizou and Tamako are just hilarious.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 6, 2013

178 by Assassin2112 »»
Mar 22, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2013

365 by Estefan »»
Mar 19, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2013

224 by katakumplat »»
Jan 7, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2013

174 by katakumplat »»
Jan 4, 4:44 PM

Poll: » Tamako Market Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2013

132 by katakumplat »»
Dec 31, 2023 1:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.