Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 13, 2009 8:30 PM

Sep 2008
not much alucard screen time...
still a legit episode.
Mar 30, 2009 5:47 PM

Oct 2008
Ah carnage makes me so happy. Barely any Alucard, but Agent Anderson made it with a few of his buddies. It was nice to see the war finally begin. Next episode should be awesome.
Apr 22, 2009 2:26 AM

Nov 2007
the intro had me going wtf is going on, is this a spoof.

i can't believe they showed them eating a baby. my jaw dropped for that.
May 2, 2009 12:54 PM

Mar 2009
crazy_eights said:

Yeah that was a first for me, now just have to wait for 6 now

Shameless plug signature The Shorts Club

Jul 27, 2009 1:36 AM

Jan 2009
slenderfall said:
crazy_eights said:

Yeah that was a first for me, now just have to wait for 6 now
Me too. >.> I could've gone without seeing that.

But yeah, Anderson's voice always makes me happy. ^_^
Jul 31, 2009 11:25 PM

Mar 2008
I remember reading the Hellsing manga ages ago. This is such a marvelous reawakening! The animation, the storyline, the plot are all excellent.

I mean, it could've used more Alucard (I couldn't help but chuckle at the blend of comedy and seriousness in the beginning. :P)

I was on the edge of my seat!
Aug 6, 2009 2:26 AM

Apr 2009
Man, where's Z-Z's release of the dual audio?

I wanna archive it ~

Watched it ... blew my mind. Up to the eyeballs full of awesome.
Not enough Alucard, but what can you do?
Aug 22, 2009 11:52 AM

Nov 2007
That was some intense stuff.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Sep 3, 2009 10:05 PM

Jun 2009
Episode was made of pure unfiltered seinen awesome!
Sep 8, 2009 6:52 PM

May 2009
hell on earth.... just beautiful....

another amazing episode... just missed alucard and seras in this one
Sep 10, 2009 12:20 PM

Nov 2008
I'll go watch some Naruto instead.
But nice episode though.
Sep 10, 2009 2:32 PM

Apr 2008
God, I love this OVA....I'm so happy that it's been so faithful to the manga.

Did I see mostly filler (ie: Schodinger losing the manual, the Major saying what to blow up, Walter killing zombies in "England Facility")?? It's been long since I read the manga.

Ah well, still good. ;) Geez, don't leave woman and children alive.
Glasses and overcoats for the win
Nov 9, 2009 6:06 PM

Oct 2009
first 3 mins = lol wut

rest of OVA = pure distilled pwnage. so awesome.
Jan 1, 2010 2:34 PM

May 2009
Yay for mindless slaughter!
Jan 1, 2010 4:21 PM

Sep 2009
AMAZING ep, the action was awesome, the gore was awesome, the thrill was outstanding.... cant wait for the next one
No sig :(
Jan 17, 2010 3:57 PM

Dec 2008
JTSlayer said:
Now that was simply awesome, I had a maniacal grin the whole time through.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Mar 5, 2010 10:13 PM

Jul 2007
All that blood, it was beautiful.
It makes me want a Berserk Ultimate so bad :/
Mar 18, 2010 3:26 PM

Feb 2010
The beginning scene definately was making me go "What the fuck is going on?!?!" Honestly, I still don't get it, but, oh well.
And the leader of the Nazis (who's name I don't know :S) I such a sick man. I mean, c'mon! He's eating dinner while a bunch of ghouls and vampires are destroying London... *shudders* And the baby eating part was a jaw-dropper for sure.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 3, 2010 11:55 PM

Feb 2010
The baby eating was not my fave part :( but it showed their brutality... it was necassary.

And I personally loved the beginning.... hahah

4/5. more alucard plz... LOVED the Integra moments!
Jun 13, 2010 12:31 PM

Feb 2010
This is Madness! And it's awesome.
Jul 16, 2010 1:36 AM

Mar 2009
OMG, my eyes are still shaped like saucers....anyone know if there are plans to dub this in English?
Phoenix_HimeJul 16, 2010 1:44 AM
Jul 28, 2010 11:55 AM
Jun 2010
WHERE THE FUCK IS ALUCARD.

I mean seriously, how can this guy miss the bloodiest episode so far.

Aug 6, 2010 5:16 AM

Feb 2009
Holy Crap! This was an insanely brutal, violent, bloody and entertaining hell of an episode!

That's gotta be the most brutal and ruthless army I have ever seen! However this is pretty much part of the human nature... just look at some of the events of our history.

Oh and the episode, it looked like it was done in 20 minutes!
VeethornAug 6, 2010 5:19 AM
Aug 8, 2010 8:54 PM

Aug 2009
No Alucard is no good at all but the episode still never fails to bring me my daily dose of blood bath. Asone could expect, lots and lots of blood has spilled in this episode. Killing those civilian, heck even those children, was just really depressing to see.

To be honest, I was suprised to see Iscariot help Hellsing. I thought Integra was going to show her unhuman-like powers. I guess Anderson and his gang would work too. I was also surpised about Walter. He was really worried about that new guy. If he's worrying, that only means the enemy is so damn strong. Oh and I can't forget about that Penwood guy. He was fighting until he died.

Okay where the hell is Alucard and Seras? Their master was about to get pawned by those low level vampires but they're nowhere to be found? Save your master for crying out loud!
Sep 22, 2010 11:13 PM

Feb 2010
aw shit. Iscariot has dropped in~
Dec 22, 2010 3:20 PM
Feb 2010
I loved it! I really liked the song that was playing at the start of the airstrike. Anyone know what the name of it is?

~ A woman's determination can move the mightiest of stones~
Dec 23, 2010 3:27 AM

Apr 2009
lovexisxaxsin said:
I loved it! I really liked the song that was playing at the start of the airstrike. Anyone know what the name of it is?

Broken English by Schaft.
Jan 3, 2011 1:59 AM

Jul 2009
amazing, missed alucard though.
Jan 7, 2011 6:41 PM

Dec 2009
Sooo gooood.

Walter=♥. Integra=♥. And Iscariot arriving on the scene was great. I LOVED the ending credits--the music, the flashbacks..just everything.

Also the scene with Integra & Penwood meeting was cute. And I liked the bit with all Penwood's subordinates choosing to 'hold down the fort' with him until the end.

I wasn't crazy about the background music in the episode personally, (particularly during the attack on the city,) but oh well. And I thought the Willis bit at the beginning was amusing for about five seconds but then became horribly annoying. I did lol at the 'consult your manuals' bit though.
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Apr 9, 2011 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
Baby Ghoul anyone? I think it would be rather hard for most people to shoot the baby if it tries to kill you. That is, if they don't just eat it up because, well, they're Nazi Vampires.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jul 31, 2011 4:23 PM

Dec 2010
I was so-o-o-o right about that ship being trap. London became hell on earth and nothing can stop the nazi now... xcept' for Anderson! He and the Iscariots are so badass... He was enough for me to forget about the lack of Alucard we got in this episode.
Aug 9, 2011 7:48 PM

Aug 2010
A-W-E-S-O-M-E
What a bloodbath, like hell on earth.
almost felt like i was watching Raccoon city's catastrophe on anime (RE2 except no Leon or Claire...lol) also nazi zombies ftw!
Aug 22, 2011 5:26 AM
Aug 2011
Has DGz never released episode 5? I could find release info for eps 1-4 and 6-8 but 5 seems to be missing.

What's the reason for this? Or did they release it and I just couldn't find it?
Sep 9, 2011 2:01 PM

Feb 2009
bur2000 said:
Has DGz never released episode 5? I could find release info for eps 1-4 and 6-8 but 5 seems to be missing.

What's the reason for this? Or did they release it and I just couldn't find it?

They were waiting for a BD ISO; they released it yesterday.
Sep 19, 2011 3:43 PM
Aug 2011
Yes, I just found that out two days ago. :)

Does anyone know where that [anon] release comes from? The subtitles are quite similar to the one DGz released now but there were some mistakes. Some strange name instead of Fairbrook and so on. Was that [anon] an unofficial release by DGz?
Oct 1, 2011 2:03 PM

Aug 2008
Wow I really admire people like Penwood because honestly I would be running away as fast as I can if I were in his situation. Props to him, it was a gallant sacrifice.
Feb 23, 2012 8:40 AM

Aug 2009
London burns. I see they had the balls to also animate the baby killing. The animation was just like the previous episodes, superb. Only few slideshows, but not a lot. The scene where the Major eats a dinner while his soldiers "feast on London" was very well edited. I loved the scene where the Major tells Zorin Blitz not to attack Hellsing yet and not to underestimate Integra and Seras. It was not something your typical bad guy says and thats why it was great.

Oh young Integra, you're so cute :3

The VA's once again did their job's well. Lines were spoken just as i imagined them. The added scenes of Heinkel and Yumie cutting up vampires were also great. Too bad their backstory hasn't been animated.

The music was...weird j-rock during the London burning scene and meh techno during the chase and fight scenes. Though they did a wonderful job with the background music and the confrontration of Walter and the Captain.

The credits had me puzzled though. Was that Penwood's brother in the end and Integra's father?
Feb 23, 2012 10:56 AM

Apr 2009
Shinobinomi said:
The credits had me puzzled though. Was that Penwood's brother in the end and Integra's father?

More like Penwood is older than he looks. The trinity is: Shelby M. Penwood, Arthur Hellsing and Hugh Islands.
Feb 24, 2012 7:51 PM
Oct 2008
Does anyone have updated info on when the hell the English dub will catch up?
Mar 15, 2012 10:25 AM

Dec 2011
this one doesn't lower the bar for the series, nor does it elevates it. it was good fun but I sort of missed the main characters. I had an Inglorious Bastards on crack feel during this episode. Also the extremely bizarre and jarring lapses into literally cartoon sketches made me wonder if I had accidentally popped in FLCL. Those random bits of humour should be completely polarizing but somehow they fit in somehow with the utter insanity. Really, the 'can I have a light' and the Bruce Willis stuff was so funny and bizarre, I would have never expected that kind of humour.

I had two minor points of confusion this time. It was a huge stretch that Integra's handler/supplier (forget his name) would still be alive after a zombie raid that killed everyone else in the building, much less limber enough to rig the place with semtex. If it was already set up before the raid, then why not use during the first raid? He had no way of knowing he would survive afterall. I had a hard time wrapping my head around this. It was kind of dumb to cutaway from the raid and cutback after everyone is dead except one, and have the audience wonder how the fuck he is alive.

Also, is Alexander's spiel at the end supposed to come off like the incoherent religious rambling of a lunatic, or is this just a subber issue? I was wondering if this was intentional.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Mar 15, 2012 11:01 AM

Apr 2009
Eckilsax said:
I had two minor points of confusion this time. It was a huge stretch that Integra's handler/supplier (forget his name) would still be alive after a zombie raid that killed everyone else in the building, much less limber enough to rig the place with semtex. If it was already set up before the raid, then why not use during the first raid? He had no way of knowing he would survive afterall. I had a hard time wrapping my head around this. It was kind of dumb to cutaway from the raid and cutback after everyone is dead except one, and have the audience wonder how the fuck he is alive.

Penwood was his name.
It was better outlined in the manga: after the first raid Penwood was not the last man standing, there was at least one other guy besides him in the room and that guy knew how to shoot his gun. Still he was injured and bitten, accordingly he thought he will turn into a ghoul soon, so he said his farewells and shot himself through the head, leaving Penwood alone just before the second raid.
They were not in a rush to blow the building because they've stayed there to be able to coordinate any leftover military forces in London, so the longer they were able to hold the line before the explosion, the better. And also this way they took more enemies with them.
Eckilsax said:
Also, is Alexander's spiel at the end supposed to come off like the incoherent religious rambling of a lunatic, or is this just a subber issue? I was wondering if this was intentional.

Battle chant to maintain the spirit.
Mar 15, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 2011
that's enlightening. i can see why that would be cut for time, but it made for an awkward sort of transition.
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Apr 1, 2012 8:50 AM

Sep 2010
That was an awesome episode. Anderson was bad ass!
Jul 28, 2012 8:08 AM

Feb 2011
Is this shit even legal for the people in Germany ? Hahaha
Aug 11, 2012 11:14 PM

Aug 2010
I loved this episode, it was insane.
Aug 29, 2012 5:55 AM

Mar 2010
loved it
especially the pursuit scene and the iscariot madness
Dec 12, 2012 5:47 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This episode was insane. The invasion of London sequence is some of the most violent, ruthless action I've ever seen in any medium or genre.

Missed Alucard and Victoria a bit though, but I guess their time is coming.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 15, 2012 10:48 AM

May 2012
I got only one word for this episode: EPIC

Could've used more Alucard though. Also, what the hell was up with that intro? Why does Alucard dream about Bruce Willis... xD
Dec 30, 2012 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
freaking epic :D

finally the animation improve in the BD(Funimation version) release.

lots of gore and blood i love it!!!

even the baby death has been animated!

though i still wonder why the voices are low in the BD release.

even the special effects weren't as effective as it looks like.

if your gonna blow out a building, make sure you actually hear and feel the effect of it.

Walter in action!!!!

the anderson monologue is awesome!!

don't know why people are complaining about it.

though the bad side about this is it was only 40mins compared to other episodes which consist of 52mins+.

amazing stuff, can't wait for the next one!!
Jan 4, 2013 12:20 PM

Nov 2011
Hell, that song played during the middle of the episode was glorifying. Doo, doo, doo....

Nice episode.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

OmegaRed - Jul 29, 2008

154 by aronbebop »»
Apr 22, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Klimat - Feb 15, 2012

157 by liliyoa »»
Apr 10, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Klimat - Dec 24, 2009

275 by Comander-07 »»
Mar 27, 11:09 AM

Poll: » Hellsing Ultimate Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

JudgeRuthless - Aug 6, 2012

298 by Hayoka_ »»
Mar 23, 6:39 PM

Poll: » Dub or Sub?

Garou_Monster - Aug 13, 2022

16 by Argonnant »»
Feb 29, 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.