Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 17, 2008 9:05 AM

Jul 2008
Dilvish said:

Also he said that he have lost his memories from 2 weeks ago onwards, so why didn't he recognized his friends from a school? Somehow it doesn't make any sense or is it me who messed something up?

Hmm, this interesting..

I'm probably wrong, but maybe he just met them when Extra Lessons(Summer School?) just started. I don't have the episode in front of me to check what kind of conversation they had when we first saw them but I think they came off as more as friends rather than fellow delinquents.

That's just my guess anyway.
Nov 17, 2008 9:11 AM

Mar 2007
corroded said:
seems like you misunderstand a lot from the raws.

NUH UH.

corroded said:
there's nothing wrong if you dont get the first post LMAO.

But...a first post without CAPS and SCREENSHOTS just wouldn't be the same.

corroded said:
just watch the subs instead of looking like a fool with your wrong assumptions.

LOL
You've come a long way, baby.
Nov 17, 2008 9:14 AM

Dec 2007
Not a spectacular episode. I guess we'll have more interesting things in the next one.
Nov 17, 2008 9:48 AM

Jul 2008
yup not really interesting happen, introduced a new character but the next one will be better.

Nov 17, 2008 9:48 AM
Dec 2007
Wow, ignorants much? The Vampire plotline was introduced in the second volume of the light novel series, it seems. So now all of you manga purists should shut up and admit your manga wasn't so faithfull to the original material after all.

From what the preview mentioned, I'm gonna take a guess and say the knight was part of a group currently fighting the Alchemist. Why Magnus, or anyone else for that matter, didn't care about him...I have no idea.
Leon-GunNov 17, 2008 9:53 AM

Nov 17, 2008 9:51 AM

Feb 2008
This show is based on the novels, not the manga. Goddamn, some of you...

Anyways, this was a decent episode. Nothing really noteworthy but I'm looking forward to seeing things progress. Next episode should be quite good.
Nov 17, 2008 11:02 AM
Jul 2008
Veronin said:

Anyways, this was a decent episode. Nothing really noteworthy but I'm looking forward to seeing things progress. Next episode should be quite good.

i knew that!

but i just assumed that the manga followed the novels...so i just assumed that this episode was a filler..

my bad!
Nov 17, 2008 11:06 AM

Feb 2008
You know what they say when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me :)
Nov 17, 2008 12:01 PM

Feb 2008
AndreAtomic said:
Veronin said:

i knew that!

but i just assumed that the manga followed the novels...so i just assumed that this episode was a filler..

my bad!

It's alright man. I just noticed that nearly everybody didn't know that and got a bit frustrated.
Nov 17, 2008 1:22 PM

Jan 2008
Veronin said:

By all means, shut us up with your link the light novel so we can all read it. Then we won't have to worry about it, will we? The same goes for you to Leon-Gun. And anyone else that decided they should "school" us on what's correct. Although, from what I'm reading so far, it's in Japanese only so most of us won't be able to read it.

Next everyone will be fighting about how one of the episodes turns out to be an anime adaptation of the Drama CD too. Sheesh. Apparently everyone's gotta be right or they can't sleep at night.
kevin_videoNov 17, 2008 1:27 PM
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Nov 17, 2008 1:38 PM
Dec 2007
Unfotunately, this episode was not a filler at all, this series is just extremely talkative and slow. It can be good sometimes, but it has bored me for 3 or 4 episode now so I don't know if I'll continue this one for very long... Some good developments though, and the fact that Touma lost his memory was nicer that I expected initially, since he didn't change at all and is exactly the same as before (the proof is that no one even have the slightest glimpse that he lost his memory). And Index is cute, when she's not captured by someone or mortally wounded, so that makes some reasons to continue watching it.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 17, 2008 2:02 PM

Feb 2008
kevin_video said:
Veronin said:

By all means, shut us up with your link the light novel so we can all read it. Then we won't have to worry about it, will we? The same goes for you to Leon-Gun. And anyone else that decided they should "school" us on what's correct. Although, from what I'm reading so far, it's in Japanese only so most of us won't be able to read it.

Next everyone will be fighting about how one of the episodes turns out to be an anime adaptation of the Drama CD too. Sheesh. Apparently everyone's gotta be right or they can't sleep at night.

People were complaining about not following the manga and thus being a filler episode, when it's actually based off of the novels which the manga itself is based on. I thought that most people knew this was based on a series of light novels from the beginning, as it's mentioned almost everywhere. Guess not, but oh well, it's not a big deal really.

I'm not in the mood for a long debate. I'm just saying, this is based off the novels and is NOT a filler episode. This show however does have a tendency to drag on with a slow pace so it may seem that way.

Excuse me if I come off as arrogant or upset, I don't mean to seem that way.
VeroninNov 17, 2008 2:16 PM
Nov 17, 2008 2:20 PM

Apr 2008
Kinda slow episode, but I guess it sets the stage for a nice battle next time. Still, the combination of girls and cats is usually very moe in anime, even more so if it's Index. So now after esper and magicians we get vampires and alchemists? This is reminding me more and more of the Tsukihime/Melty Blood/Fate stay night universe.

Nov 17, 2008 3:38 PM
Oct 2008
I always like how the ending of the show when its going through its previews when science and magic meet this epic will begin i have waited 7 episodes for this show to begin and maybe hopefully the next episode will be a little better then this one
Nov 17, 2008 3:43 PM

May 2007
Veronin said:

Oh, that makes sense then.

The plot is really good. I love the concepts, as I keep saying every week. And although I also love the conversations (it never gets boring and always stays interesting), I do wish for some more action in between. Oh well.
Nov 17, 2008 5:54 PM

Jul 2008
kevin_video said:
Veronin said:

Lol

Really if you think we care about what you think you are wrong.
I won't go lecturing you, 'cause if every mental case could be solve by lecturing them the world would be a more gentle place, would it?

As for the episode itself it was weak compared to other week. I hope that the show goes for the better in the few next eps.

Nov 17, 2008 6:16 PM

Sep 2008
rather boring.... i want more action!

Touma, recover the memory!!!
Nov 17, 2008 7:33 PM

Nov 2006
this episode did not come off as slow to me. it was over before i realized it.

seeing touma not knowing anyone around him was really depressing. i think the reason he's fooling everyone so well is he still has his personality, but not his memories. if he had lost both, it'd be a different story.

what happened to his teacher? she left to go shopping and we never saw her again. surely she came home, but by that time our timeframe had shifted to the hospital where touma was recovering. you think she'd be contacted or something since they just disappeared from her apartment.

i really, really, really want the light novels to get licensed and translated into english. i'm very interested in reading them. guess all i can do is hope.

oh, and stiyl is moe. :) <3
Nov 17, 2008 7:41 PM

Jul 2008
At the same time you build your personnality through experience and the way you live. Touma only lost his memories of the last 2 week, so it's normal that most of his personnality still is there.
Tough you see a little change in his personnality, I think he became more soft and conscient of his surrounding because of index, since he lost his memories he's a bit more ''rude''.
Nov 17, 2008 8:03 PM

Sep 2008
a quite simple episode...cute Index playing with cute Sphinx..
Touma..recover your memories!!

Nov 17, 2008 8:36 PM

Jun 2007
it's interesting how they decided to play out their cards in this one. i so thought that they were going for the cliche'd "girl loses memories, gains them back, and happy ending". i was glad that touma didn't remember anything, since it adds to the mystery of what he is going to do now (he is less predictable this way)
i know i've heard aisa's voice as a little kid somewhere else..... ahh damn, i cant remember. and now that i look it up, who else but noto mamiko! i knew it somehow sounded like matsuri from sola.. and more like kotomi from clannad
index.... acts like such a little kid xD
so... touma barely knows his friends? =/
i lol'd at index's angelic face.
Aisa was funny... she is an interesting character.... i want more development for her XD lol "gimme 100 yen because i am beautiful"
lol, touma is being more perceptive.... styil attacking him was a little out of nowhere though.
lol, touma, what did you do to index before you lost your memories!
lol "styil likes little girls, he is a pedo!"
so... aisa is the deep blood.... and there is a corpse in a cram school..... interesting. next episode should be good.

fukoda....
Nov 17, 2008 9:23 PM
Apr 2008
The anime's finally starting to pick up after the last sub-par episode!

And we finally get to see more of Index's awesomeness.

And nuns? Mikos? This anime has everything!
Nov 17, 2008 10:29 PM

Aug 2008
Not slow at all, just a lot of information. And sorry if I'm just an FPSer, but the music at the end reminded me of Portal.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 17, 2008 11:56 PM
May 2008
Pretty good episode. Index is back to her moe-ness and we get some pretty good comedy in the beginning parts of the episode. I think the second arc is going to be very interesting, especially if something important plays out with Touma losing his memories. ^^
Nov 18, 2008 2:11 AM

Dec 2007
yeah, it was not bad at all, there was no fight but the first "comedy" part and the development of the story were interesting.
If it can continue keeping the attention like that. I think we can expect something good from the following (+ according to the preview)

I liked it, like the first episode, action is not ONLY centralized around one or two things, but it looks like a real development.

Nov 18, 2008 3:38 AM

Aug 2008
A so-so episode.
I yawned for a moment..xp
Still, what's up with "Deep Blood" and McDonald parody. Yeah! ^-^
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Nov 18, 2008 4:51 AM

Feb 2008
yay for new character! I would not have to drop this anime then. Index is pissing me off. Someone bitch slap her please!

Nov 18, 2008 5:43 PM

Jul 2008
I had my laughs :) the aura was epic
and this episode was a setup for the next episode. I liked it :)

Nov 18, 2008 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
Sigh... this was a boring episode -_- yes lets bring alchemists into the mix as well... cant we just have a good fight of espers vs magicians? ><
Nov 18, 2008 7:46 PM

Jan 2008
Creepy ending, but funny at the same time. It was almost as if he was saying "Oh yeah... that's a corpse and now we'll be going to the next room...."

Nov 19, 2008 4:50 AM

Jul 2008
Syco said:
Sigh... this was a boring episode -_- yes lets bring alchemists into the mix as well... cant we just have a good fight of espers vs magicians? ><

I think that alchemists can be mixted with magician, they probably are magician who concentrated on the creation, a bit like there is Magnus who concentrated in pure magic and kaori in physical fighthing.

I see it more as a underclass of magician like there is probably more.
Nov 19, 2008 5:47 AM

Sep 2008
This felt like a pretty detached episode, but nonetheless the story moves, albeit not a lot. Index's funny moments were good.

Nov 19, 2008 12:11 PM
Mar 2008
My brain cells are gonna asplode cuz I dun't know what is going on but shit damn Index is cute, right?! The miko was cool when she was asking for moneys.
Nov 24, 2008 1:54 AM

Jul 2008
Touma really lost his memory, I thought he had kept it. Oh well, I was bound to not understand this anime anyways.
Nov 24, 2008 2:19 AM

Jan 2008
I'm really surprised that his memory is gone so early on. That's normally some cliche twist thing that comes at the end, so i'm enjoying seeing how the show and characters act with it at this point. No exciting battles or anything but showing normal character interactions is important too. and i just have to lol every time he says "pedo body"
Nov 27, 2008 5:35 PM

Nov 2007
lol
Stiyl is tsundere.
Nov 30, 2008 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
Richard_Omega said:
it's interesting how they decided to play out their cards in this one. i so thought that they were going for the cliche'd "girl loses memories, gains them back, and happy ending". i was glad that touma didn't remember anything, since it adds to the mystery of what he is going to do now (he is less predictable this way)

QFT

It really surprises me how consistent they deal with the memory loss. He is not gaining them back easily but has to get along with the fact that he does not know anything about the world he is living in. At the same time he seems to be less "pubertal" and more calm. Its unusual..... and I like it! *Thumbs up* :]
Dec 5, 2008 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
I'm beginning to lose interest in this show; the characters are getting less intriguing rather than more. Touma is a Generic Good Guy (TM) and Index is a loli-tsundere, and neither have done much to be anything more. The hamburger-miko girl does not offer much promise either. Thirty hamburgers? Come on. I dislike generic "quirky" girls who have quirks rather than personalities.

Also, Stiyl having a crush on Index is just kind of creepy O.o (even if his blushing was adorable). How old is he supposed to be?

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Dec 29, 2008 12:55 AM

May 2008
TuXeyM11 said:
I thought this one was kind of boring to be honest...

Not much happening, almost like a filler, but I guess it's just to introduce the new characters.

Can't complain.

Yeah, it was somewhat of a weird episode, and I'm still pissed that Touma lost his memories. That's like THE most painful thing that can happen to someone in an anime... Quite annoying, but that's what makes it good.
Jan 15, 2009 7:25 PM

May 2008
BearShare said:
Stiyl is tsundere.

Forget everything I was about to say about this episode.
This statement sums up anything I could ever want to say coming from this episode already.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jan 29, 2009 7:45 AM

Jun 2007
no one cares about komoe sensei's house getting ripped apart?
Oct 4, 2009 8:16 PM

Jul 2009
Interesting with the corpse..
Oct 8, 2009 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
topzki47 said:
no one cares about komoe sensei's house getting ripped apart?

Apparently not^^
Poor little Komoe =(

Plenty of moe Index in this episode, loved how she tried to explain to Touma that she did not want ice cream when she in fact REALLY wanted it xD
And how she's not allowed to east luxurious food but it might accidentally "fall" into her mouth =P

But not very much story development, guess that's saved for the next one which means there is something to look forward too :D
Jan 18, 2010 10:00 AM

Aug 2009
Oh wtf, Alchemists are also included in this Anime, lol. It's like they combined every single supernatural groups out there. I bet unicorns will be next, lol. Wonder what was the corpse in the end. Seems to be fresh, still.

Also, was the girl that they met in McDonalds Deep Blood? or was she the alchemist descendant? I was confused in that part. Plus, the fire mage was cute when Touma asked him if he likes Index, lol.

Okay, I thought that Index was pregant at first, lmfao. It was a cat all along. It was also funny when she used the religion as an excuse to hide the cat. "Nuns don't lie. - Index-san." Lmao.
Apr 18, 2010 10:25 PM

Aug 2008
Ah the moment I heard Aisa's voice I knew it was Noto Mamiko's.
Jun 4, 2010 7:41 PM

Jan 2010
I'm a little confused about Touma not remembering those two guys from school. Are they just random guys he doesn't know, or are they really his friends? Touma said he only forgot the last two weeks. Did he move to the Academic City just a couple weeks ago or something? I don't remember if this was ever said.
At any rate, Touma is awesome, and I like this plot twist of him not remembering the events of the previous episodes.

Index was pretty funny this episode. I like the way she says "Touma" all the time, and makes these squeaky dolphin noises every now and then.

And a lawl'd for the Fire Guy trying to act like he doesn't like Index. XP Kind of funny to see him shaken up like that.
Jun 30, 2010 8:42 PM

Jun 2009
random dead knight lolwut?
Sep 11, 2010 10:20 PM

Aug 2010
So that Stiyl guy is a lolicon?
Oct 5, 2010 4:56 PM

Nov 2009
The new character Aisa was hilarious.
Whoa! Index has grown some splendid ones, she is a growing girl. O.O Oh, it is just Sphinx. XD
Stiyl is blushing, he likes Index. XD

This was a hilarious episode. Really looking forward to the next one. :)
Oct 26, 2010 9:20 AM
Jun 2008
The 'pregnant nun' joke made me lol even if it was a cheap shot. Other than that, this episode was kind of boring.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

75 by Rigatoni96 »»
Apr 29, 1:35 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

280 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 9:09 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

darkxdestiny - Mar 12, 2009

142 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:37 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Wasabi - Mar 8, 2009

113 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 8:11 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Mar 14, 2009

61 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 29, 7:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.