Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2008 5:48 PM

Jul 2007

OOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS EPISODE WAS SO FREAKIN GOOD
CLANNAD WAS NEVER THIS GOOD!!!
sure the first season was OK, i gave it an 8
BUT DAMN. CLAAAAAAaNNAD AFFTAAA STORIIIIIII$^#$^3%$#^$%*URHDHFNFGNRFTJ
Oct 17, 2008 6:00 PM

Mar 2008
Arc Closure next episode...and a toilet seat cover

Really love the Mei X Tomoya part...and a toilet seat cover

Oct 17, 2008 6:51 PM

Oct 2007
the interactions between Tomoya and Mei was absolutely hilarious... i think that things are going a little too far for being just a game... and i think that all the lying is going to escalate everyone's emotions
Oct 17, 2008 7:57 PM

Aug 2007
Some things I found out while watching this episode...

Tomoya is a closet lolicon...
Tomoya is also definitely a siscon...
Tomoya has no defenses against the ultimate power of moe~ (then again who does?)
Mei is definitely the official Clannad loli Mascot.
Sunohara is an idiot for ignoring such a moe imouto...

I found the first half of the episode to be needlessly dramatic, hell the premise of the arc is needlessly dramatic. What is it about the characters wanting to make things needlessly dramatic? First we have this fake girlfriend crap and now the whole Tomoya is a lolicon fiasco, though I have no complaints on this one given that Mei truly shined this episode.

Even though I will definitely miss the loli antics, the next episode better be the last of this damned Sunohara arc. Actually never mind...please bring out more of the moe imouto! It attacks the senses...

They should have kept the translation project private...
Oct 17, 2008 8:16 PM

Aug 2008
That oni- chan thing, it looks like its japanese culture; it's it the same box as short skirts and phys. educ. uniforms...

I must investigate the hole thing...

Oct 17, 2008 8:43 PM

Mar 2008
well i have to say that was good. Mei is oddly mature, and Okazaki is apparently a huge pedo (kotomi and the Fujibayashi's facial expressions were priceless). not to mention the look on Nagisas face when she realized that Okazaki and Mei were ditching her. great stuff.
Oct 17, 2008 9:04 PM

Sep 2008
onii-chan... mei kawaii!!
Oct 17, 2008 9:08 PM

May 2008
this ep was kinda sad :(
cant wait for the next ep^^
Oct 17, 2008 9:08 PM

Feb 2008
Me thinks post pic of the chapter is wrong

Easily can create other thread with that , but well. is like a desease put some pic of the chapter....

@topic

Nice chap, Realy strange ....

Oct 17, 2008 10:03 PM

May 2008
draky said:
angel999 said:
THE GAME MUST BE OVER! This continues someone will GET HURT.

Kineta said:
I don't think this was a very bright idea on any of their parts. I'm with Nagisa, lying isn't good.

I totally agree. The situation from funny is starting to be rather serious.
But I'm loving the drama by far, this sequel started great.

Ditto same here

loved the part when mei was calling okazaki onii-chan his reaction was hilarious lol
Oct 17, 2008 10:24 PM

Jul 2008
dumbasatri said:
well i have to say that was good. Mei is oddly mature, and Okazaki is apparently a huge pedo (kotomi and the Fujibayashi's facial expressions were priceless). not to mention the look on Nagisas face when she realized that Okazaki and Mei were ditching her. great stuff.

YUP! I AGREED OKAZAKI IS A PEDO!
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 17, 2008 10:40 PM

Sep 2007
Maybe Tomoya just sees her as epic moe.... like some of you people, and not "OMGZ I WANT TO HIT THAT HOT PIECE OF LOLI ASS RIGHT NOW" pedo.
Oct 17, 2008 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
i laughed to death when the girls caught tomoya telling mei not to stop calling him onii-chan
and i can understand why he didn't want her to stop
1:18 et vivus et fui mortuus et ecce sum vivens in saecula saeculorum et habeo claves mortis et inferni
Oct 17, 2008 10:57 PM

Jul 2008
Boursk said:
Heh, this ep made me rememnber why the Sunohara arc was so epic in the game. XD
Though I feel sorry for Mei for what's going to come........ :(

Angel999, you obviously had no idea what the ep was about when you first posted in here, so there really was no reason to post what you did. >.>
Sorry to sound so harsh, but it seems you're doing this in other threads as well and it's just plain confusing when things turn out to be differently than what you said.

The whole problem is that Sunohara is seriously falling in love with Sanae (despite that it was supposed to be an act for Mei) and that Sunohara isn't the caring onii-chan he used to be.
Whatever happens around this (e.g. Okazaki going around town with Mei), is all in control and purely to help Sunohara. Notice how at the end of the ep Okazaki was sitting right next to Nagisa and Mei was sitting alone feeling sad. If there was really something going on, you could've expected Okazaki to have held her.

Reminder of what happened with Sunohara and the soccer club;
According to the first season explained by Tomoya (ep 15): "Sunohara is the same as me. He had to quit the club he joined as part of a sports recruitment for the school. He was on the soccer team. But he clashed with an upperclassman, got in a fight, and had to quit. The rest is the same story as me."
According to the movie:

edit: And if you don't get the toilet seat joke, Angel999, you haven't seen the previous ep......... >.>

edit2: My bad karkarr. I added the spoiler tag and what they actually said in the first season in regards to this. (And I thought keeping apart what happened in the game and in the anime was hard enough, I didn't take the movie in account >.< )

They are just opinions and my opinions cannot always reflect everything the way they are. To me the situations in this are very worisome not only for relationship of Nagisa's mom but also for Mei and Sunahara. So par of me is right.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 17, 2008 11:11 PM

Apr 2008
You're right he's whistiling Dango Daikazoku

Greorgy said:
It's definitely time for Fuko to step in and resolve matters.

The play date between Tomoya and Mei was my favorite part of the episode. Ryou bursting into tears at the sight of them was great. I also hope Suno and Okazaki can patch things up before the end of episode 4, this is starting to drag...

Sanae looked beautiful as usual.

I think she'll appear later in the series

Someone should tell who Sanae really is to Sunohara. Sunohara might get a bat off his face. Tomoya really loves to lie. Maybe he should know his limits to lying. It's getting complicated because of his lies.

I lol'd when Kyou,Ryou and Kotomi ran from Tomoya. Okazaki, you lolicon ^^

Next episode will be interesting Okazaki vs Sunohara. The match which will decide who will get the ultimate title called "Onii-chan" XD ...Can't wait for this *drools*

Oct 18, 2008 1:18 AM

Jul 2008
TO ALL WHO WANT TO IMMERSE MORE INTO CLANAD! h**p://www.sankakucomplex.com/2008/10/17/clannad-after-story-photoshop-anime/
Oct 18, 2008 1:27 AM

Mar 2007
angel999 said:
They are just opinions and my opinions cannot always reflect everything the way they are. To me the situations in this are very worisome not only for relationship of Nagisa's mom but also for Mei and Sunahara. So par of me is right.
If you had any idea what they were saying, you wouldn't have said what you said in your first post. The fact that they were pretending that Okazaki was Mei's big brother was explained. The fact that they were pretending to be going out when they talked to Youhei was explained. It's more than obvious that you didn't watch or understood what they said in ep 2, or else you would've gotten the toilet seat joke.

You can't say these are your opinions when they're clearly explained in the anime. There's no reason at all for you to think otherwise. I'm sorry, but making assumptions and "opinions" when you can't even understand what the characters are saying is just ridiculous. Do you really need to post before the subs come out that badly? Do you even think you're capable of discussing an ep when you can't understand what the characters are saying (I clearly don't)?

I'm not asking this as a forum mod, but just as a member: please stop posting this nonsense. I'm asking this because this isn't exactly the only anime you're posting in ep discussion threads for with this kind of quality. And also because I'm not the only one who finds this confusing and outright annoying.........
BourskOct 18, 2008 1:33 AM
Oct 18, 2008 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
Boursk said:
angel999 said:
If you had any idea what they were saying, you wouldn't have said what you said in your first post. The fact that they were pretending that Okazaki was Mei's big brother was explained. The fact that they were pretending to be going out when they talked to Youhei was explained. It's more than obvious that you didn't watch or understood what they said in ep 2, or else you would've gotten the toilet seat joke.

You can't say these are your opinions when they're clearly explained in the anime. There's no reason at all for you to think otherwise. I'm sorry, but making assumptions and "opinions" when you can't even understand what the characters are saying is just ridiculous. Do you really need to post before the subs come out that badly? Do you even think you're capable of discussing an ep when you can't understand what the characters are saying (I clearly don't)?

I'm not asking this as a forum mod, but just as a member: please stop posting this nonsense. I'm asking this because this isn't exactly the only anime you're posting in ep discussion threads for with this kind of quality. And also because I'm not the only one who finds this confusing and outright annoying.........

Yes, it was explained but I checked my message and I see nothing wrong but speculations at most. Still I do not see where I am wrong and yeah the toilet seat joke still did not make sense other than everyone keeps saying it being some sort strategy to get Sunohara more popular with girls.

One more thing, what one find ridiculous...one might find something else from it.....the need to post of one that does not understand only shows one can strive to understand such as he wants. In such in my case it is Japanese.

My comprehension is different from others therefore I can understand what I am not able and can also discuss it. Perhaps it may not seem but this one only is not right to compare. There many others that I have been doing fine as RAWs perhaps not as much as subs but getting better.
Oct 18, 2008 1:44 AM

Mar 2008
@Boursk: +1

DarkDemonz said:
i guess im the only one here that doesnt like mei lol, anyone else? =p

You're not alone. Mei is an "eh" character, but I will admit they make her a lot cuter in the anime compared to the game.

PimpToad said:
I found the first half of the episode to be needlessly dramatic, hell the premise of the arc is needlessly dramatic. What is it about the characters wanting to make things needlessly dramatic? First we have this fake girlfriend crap and now the whole Tomoya is a lolicon fiasco, though I have no complaints on this one given that Mei truly shined this episode.

I feel you. The whole premise for the Sunohara sibling's arc is Tomoya's prank/idea and a bunch of misunderstandings, making it seem a bit artificial. But, it's possible for things to happen like that. Sometimes lighthearted situations get out of hand, and Mei and Youhei are flaring up emotionally over it.

@Everyone saying Tomoya X Mei: Mei is a middle schooler. Tomoya's reactions are for humor, Mei is just having fun, there's no feelings between them. It's pretty clear that they're not really dating each other and that they don't have any intention to.
Oct 18, 2008 1:51 AM

Jul 2008
Sheepdude said:
@Boursk: +1

DarkDemonz said:
i guess im the only one here that doesnt like mei lol, anyone else? =p

You're not alone. Mei is an "eh" character, but I will admit they make her a lot cuter in the anime compared to the game.

PimpToad said:

I feel you. The whole premise for the Sunohara sibling's arc is Tomoya's prank/idea and a bunch of misunderstandings, making it seem a bit artificial. But, it's possible for things to happen like that. Sometimes lighthearted situations get out of hand, and Mei and Youhei are flaring up emotionally over it.

@Everyone saying Tomoya X Mei: Mei is a middle schooler. Tomoya's reactions are for humor, Mei is just having fun, there's no feelings between them. It's pretty clear that they're not really dating each other and that they don't have any intention to.

I personally think THEY ARE TRYING TO TEACH ABOUT LYING!

Flibbertigibbet said:
angel999 said:
Boursk said:
angel999 said:

Yes, it was explained but I checked my message and I see nothing wrong but speculations at most. Still I do not see where I am wrong and yeah the toilet seat joke still did not make sense other than everyone keeps saying it being some sort strategy to get Sunohara more popular with girls.

One more thing, what one find ridiculous...one might find something else from it.....the need to post of one that does not understand only shows one can strive to understand such as he wants. In such in my case it is Japanese.

My comprehension is different from others therefore I can understand what I am not able and can also discuss it. Perhaps it may not seem but this one only is not right to compare. There many others that I have been doing fine as RAWs perhaps not as much as subs but getting better.

Your comprehension is different from others in that it is wrong. The anime didn't leave much room to "understand such as he wants" because the anime clearly stated the purpose behind the events.

Baseless speculations that contradict everything that happened in the anime are outright annoying. As Boursk said, stop posting this nonsense.

And the toilet seat cover joke was from the previous episode and had nothing to do with getting Sunohara more popular with the girls.

Anyways NO ONE IS PERFECT and not all are right. Just cause something is not as it is does not mean you cannot get it another way.

BTW come to think of it what wrong things have I said????
angel999Oct 18, 2008 3:22 AM
Oct 18, 2008 1:52 AM

Apr 2008
I presume that everyone only thinks that as a humor.

Oct 18, 2008 1:58 AM

Aug 2007
Rather tasteless humour, but humour nonetheless. I seriously can't believe anyone would find joy at the expense of another person. Tomoya never learns his lesson and just seem to keep doing things for the lulz...

And Tomoya's actions were deeply repressed feelings he hid within his heart. He is a single child suddenly being assaulted by a moe imouto.
Oct 18, 2008 2:55 AM

Aug 2008
Beginning was pretty "meh" but than... Onii-chan! ^^
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 18, 2008 3:15 AM

Feb 2008
Haha, Sunohara is fucking hilarious. He was a bit of a douche later on though.

Also, Mei is MOE.
VeroninOct 18, 2008 3:47 AM
Oct 18, 2008 6:42 AM

Sep 2008
I wish they would make the game for the Wii. >_> And bring it to America before the anime is released, but hey this country fails so
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 18, 2008 7:14 AM

Mar 2008
Great episode, I can't wait until next week. Can't imagine Sunohara fighting with Tomoya though.

And the more I listen to the OP, the more I love it. It's so great!
"Asa! Asa daiyo! Asagohan tabete! Gakou iku yo!"
Oct 18, 2008 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
Sunohara... I used to like him so much. He needs to get himself together!! Seriously, why is Sanae still pretending to go out with him? She needs to explain everything to him.

Anyway, this arc looks like it's ending next week.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 18, 2008 9:12 AM

Apr 2008
I'm starting to think Sanae also wants to toy with Sunohara XD Sunohara's the best of all abused characters XD

Oct 18, 2008 10:43 AM

May 2008
Still loving this sequel.
Mei X Tomoya would be hilarious.
Somehow they get together pretty well.
Oct 18, 2008 10:49 AM
Jun 2007
I didn't think of Mei as someone incredibly adorable until this episode. seriously, she seems to be 1000x cuter in After Story than in the first season of the show, with her antics, like calling Tomoya 'Onii-chan' and such.
Oct 18, 2008 10:52 AM

Jul 2007
PimpToad said:
I seriously can't believe anyone would find joy at the expense of another person. Tomoya never learns his lesson and just seem to keep doing things for the lulz...

Tomoya is a successful troll indeed.
Oct 18, 2008 11:12 AM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:

angel999 said:
-Mei seems to be falling in love with Okazaki......that is going to be wack. O_O

She needed someone to be a brother to her, and that person was Tomoya. She's not falling in love with him.

angel999 said:
-Akie is starting to have doubts right away when he saw Sanae dressed up.

He pretty much fell for it when Tomoya and co. mentioned another play they're doing.

angel999 said:
-The picture in the booth is cute but Mei seriously seems to be clinging unto Okazaki, Nagisa might might get hurt! I WILL PUNCH OKAZAKI if he makes Nagisa cry over something foolish like that.

Again, Tomoya does not have bad intentions and was only acting like a brother to Mei. Tomoya is not stupid enough to go behind Nagisa's back.

angel999 said:
-The GAME MUST END! This is getting WAY TOO serious! Emotions will get way too unstable. I SEE IT ALREADY!

This pretty much turned away from being a game a long time ago when Mei told Tomoya and Nagisa about Sunohara not being a brother anymore.

And let's not get into all the other stuff that you've gotten wrong in other threads.
Oct 18, 2008 11:16 AM

Nov 2007
Wow I'm loving After Story. Clannad was just "okay" for me but since I'm lumping in After Story with Clannad (not sure how to really explain) I think Clannad may come on top above Air and Kanon ... even though I already know how After Story's gonna end. ;__; Planetarian is still #1 for now though.

This episode was just amazing. I'm really disappointed in Sunohara though. He made me want an older brother but now I'm just really really worried about him... and Mei too. I thought for sure the whole deal with Okazaki would cause him to do something but no... I seriously almost cried in this episode even though it was pretty humorous for the most part. Need... moar. ><
Oct 18, 2008 11:38 AM
Mar 2008
Sunohara no Baka T_T
Why's he being so cold >_>
Oct 18, 2008 12:04 PM

Dec 2007
OMG, I just loved this episode !

T0sh1k1 said:

Tomoya's going crazy form Mei's "Oni-chan" call was too funny.
Kineta said:

I agree xD I was laughing so hard, I think almost woke up my entire building complex xD That has to be one of the best scenes in the entire show!

I have to agree. Best.part.ever.
Oct 18, 2008 1:14 PM
May 2008
I'll admit it... I was affected by her "Onii-chan" as well.

Oct 18, 2008 1:16 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode. Sunohara was a bit annoying in this episode. Loved when Mei-chan called Okazaki "onii-chan" ^^
Oct 18, 2008 2:37 PM

Jun 2008
the oniii chan scene was great, then Kotomi and the Fujiyabashi sister's reaction nearly killed me XD

superb episode
Oct 18, 2008 3:10 PM

Mar 2008
too bad i couldnt feel the sad parts that much because of my temproary(or i hope it is) emotional decensitization

but OMG i was laughing so hard with Mei and Tomoya when everyone thought he was some perv with the onii-chan thing lmao XD
Oct 18, 2008 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:

angel999 said:
-Mei seems to be falling in love with Okazaki......that is going to be wack. O_O

She needed someone to be a brother to her, and that person was Tomoya. She's not falling in love with him.

angel999 said:

He pretty much fell for it when Tomoya and co. mentioned another play they're doing.

angel999 said:
-The picture in the booth is cute but Mei seriously seems to be clinging unto Okazaki, Nagisa might might get hurt! I WILL PUNCH OKAZAKI if he makes Nagisa cry over something foolish like that.

Again, Tomoya does not have bad intentions and was only acting like a brother to Mei. Tomoya is not stupid enough to go behind Nagisa's back.

angel999 said:
-The GAME MUST END! This is getting WAY TOO serious! Emotions will get way too unstable. I SEE IT ALREADY!

This pretty much turned away from being a game a long time ago when Mei told Tomoya and Nagisa about Sunohara not being a brother anymore.

And let's not get into all the other stuff that you've gotten wrong in other threads.

angel999 said:

How do you know that. You think it seems so but who knows. Perhaps it might look serious to me but the reaction and behavior was most definite wrong!

angel999 said:

Akie is not stupid! You think he fell for it and yet later on you will be surprised when find even more that he got tricked and gets pissed.

quote=angel999]-The picture in the booth is cute but Mei seriously seems to be clinging unto Okazaki, Nagisa might might get hurt! I WILL PUNCH OKAZAKI if he makes Nagisa cry over something foolish like that.

PERHAPS NOT. We all do not want that but reality is IT MAY HAPPEN although I don't think he is that STUPID. Misunderstanding might happen still.

angel999 said:

This pretty much turned away from being a game a long time ago when Mei told Tomoya and Nagisa about Sunohara not being a brother anymore

Not to Sunohara! THE GAME IS STILL ON FOR HIM AND LOOKS LIKE HE WILL TAKE MORE STEPS IN THE NEXT EPISODE!

LET'S DO! IMPRESS ME. SO FAR I AM NOT NOR IS MY MASTER! Huh!

Oct 18, 2008 3:27 PM

Sep 2008
Angel Are you arguing with Someone?
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 18, 2008 3:41 PM

Apr 2007
what an amazing episode. full of comedy and drama, gotta love that.

okazaki trolling sunohara with mei was the highlight.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 18, 2008 3:52 PM
Mar 2008
Great ep.

I'm wondering how XedO Speedsubs has the WS version released. Anyone know how?
Oct 18, 2008 3:55 PM

Jan 2008
HosakaTetsugake said:
I'll admit it... I was affected by her "Onii-chan" as well.

ditto. great episode. seeing the other three girls' reaction to tomoya's onii chan dilemma was priceless.
Oct 18, 2008 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
haha okazaki is such a lolicon
Oct 18, 2008 5:52 PM

Mar 2008
Tomoya the pervert! LOL xD
Oct 18, 2008 6:14 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Love the cooking of Sanae and HER HELPING THE KIDS was really nice but SUNOHARA BACA seemed not to care for the kids. Almost like he does not want to have kids ever.

I don't get it. Was there really a need to capitalize anything in that first sentence? And where are you getting this assumption that it's almost like he doesn't want to have kids ever? Like tons of people have already explained, the anime explains that Sunohara was only pissed off at the kids because they were interrupting his time with Sanae. Who said anything about him hating kids and not wanting to have any?

angel999 said:
LOVE THE FLASHBACK! Especially Mei when she is young but Sunohara looks fine too!

angel999 (in Kurogane no Linebarrels episode 2 discussion) said:
I DID NOT LIKE THE SCENE OF HAYASE NAKED IN THE BATHTUB! WTF IS THAT? I AM NOT GAY NOR I ENJOY THAT CRAP!
Oct 18, 2008 8:36 PM

Nov 2007
Onii-chan. Who knew it would have that effect? :D
Oct 18, 2008 8:50 PM

Aug 2008
Another GREAT episode! That's why I like Clannad so much!

^You can't possibly blame poor Okazaki!! That's just too adorable!!

angel999 said:
I AM FREAKED OUT BY THIS EPISODE!
Here's why:

You're thinking way too much. Of course you might either had had played the game before or went out in the web and found references.
But if the above 2 don't apply you, then stop worrying so much and thinking too much, and rather enjoy all the Clannad goodness here! :3
Although I'am indeed curious about what happened to Sunohara before... And about their impending fight with Okazaki.
Oct 18, 2008 9:01 PM

Oct 2008
Lol, Onii-chaaaan xD
Next ep. seems cool, Tomoya vs. Sunohara?
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

725 by H8trs »»
5 hours ago

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

3 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 20, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.