Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 16, 2008 5:07 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really liked this episode because we get to see Casshern how he interacts with a human!

Really depressing world, even the mountains look colorless. Friender because friends with Casshern but not before fighting with him. Casshern does get injured and I was surprised that he is human since was bleeding. SO he's NOT 100% robot.

R.I.P. Wrenched! Guess in the end all community died off!

Akoes also DIES! This is really similar to Saikano where you want to do something but have to shut up and just watch CAUSE THERE JUST NOTHING YOU CAN DO IN A WORLD OF SUCH A STATE.

HIGHLIGHTS

COOL POSE OF CASSHERN!+Akoes, first human in a like forever.

Can you even eat this?

Fight between Casshern and Friender+ Casshern actually gets injured, that also surprised me.

angel999Oct 17, 2008 11:28 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 5:10 PM

Oct 2008
i loved this episode. it truly captured cassherns isolation. and its a very sad anime. its sad to say that the only human to ever talk to you dies in the end OMG ;-;
Oct 16, 2008 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
casshern is one of the best action shows i've see. It's different from anything else
Oct 16, 2008 5:15 PM

Oct 2008
retro style anime FTW. we want moar retro style animation pls japan!
Oct 17, 2008 1:36 PM

Aug 2007
Damnit!

I want to watch it so bad. Why isn't this subbed yet? Normally I wouldn't be upset but when Bleach, Naruto, or Code Geass are released the subbed version comes out like 2 to 3 hours afterwards. Bah. Then again they have a huge fan base. I just hate waiting when I fall in love with new anime. Yes, I'm impatient.
Oct 17, 2008 7:12 PM

Jul 2008
Still not sure how I feel about this series. I might end up liking it, but it'll have to keep improving for that to happen.

Also hoping not all the episodes end in downers. Too much of that and I just stop caring.
Oct 17, 2008 10:29 PM

Jul 2008
weakest ep so far, but it was still enjoyable. Next ep looks way better, but at least Friender was reunited with his master.
Oct 17, 2008 10:34 PM

Sep 2007
Pretty positive episode all in all. Casshern gets lifted spirits and a new companion. The thing about high spirits in shows like these though, they are only lifted so they can be dropped. Looking forward to the next episode as always.
Oct 17, 2008 11:03 PM

Jan 2007
Akoes D:

Really enjoyed this episode. Loved the interaction between Casshern and Akoes. Next episdoe looks fun.
Faust721Oct 17, 2008 11:07 PM
Oct 17, 2008 11:06 PM

Sep 2007
- Akoes joined the party!
- Casshern encounters Friender!
- Casshern takes 50 damage!
- Friender joins the party!
- Akoes leaves the party...
Oct 17, 2008 11:43 PM

Mar 2008
we get an awesome side character and a nice death scene.

best episode so far.
Oct 18, 2008 12:32 AM

Jun 2008
it was a really nice episode

angel999 said:

Casshern does get injured and I was surprised that he is human since was bleeding. SO he's NOT 100% robot.

he's actually half human half robot
Oct 18, 2008 4:58 AM

Sep 2007
I wish Akoes didn't die ;_; He was so fun! His interactions with Casshern had been entertaining for me xD

I'm glad Friender and Casshern are buddies now :) But I wonder why Friender is still not part of the character page in the official site x_x That makes me worried. =(

I've heard that from the older version, Casshern used to be human that became a cyborg. This episode confirms that he's indeed half human and robot. So most likely he used to be human as well. But I wonder if his original name will still be Tetsuya. The modern remake had done a lot of alterations in the story, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed his background like how they did the plot xD But I like the current story . . . looking forward to see more episodes xD
We Heal As One.
Oct 18, 2008 5:05 AM

Jul 2008
sapphire-pyro said:
I wish Akoes didn't die ;_; He was so fun! His interactions with Casshern had been entertaining for me xD

I'm glad Friender and Casshern are buddies now :) But I wonder why Friender is still not part of the character page in the official site x_x That makes me worried. =(

I've heard that from the older version, Casshern used to be human that became a cyborg. This episode confirms that he's indeed half human and robot. So most likely he used to be human as well. But I wonder if his original name will still be Tetsuya. The modern remake had done a lot of alterations in the story, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed his background like how they did the plot xD But I like the current story . . . looking forward to see more episodes xD

COOL! Wish Akoes did NOT DIE EITHER! :(

Very depressing world..makes you want to disappear.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 18, 2008 5:13 AM

Oct 2008
kie_ said:
it was a really nice episode

angel999 said:

Casshern does get injured and I was surprised that he is human since was bleeding. SO he's NOT 100% robot.

he's actually half human half robot

cyborg!
Oct 18, 2008 6:40 AM

Oct 2007
Can Casshern heal himself?
Oct 18, 2008 6:50 AM

Mar 2008
Not bad. I don't really know why I like this anime, but the art style is awesome and the dark mood plus the story delivers.

It really makes you curious what will happen next.

Oct 18, 2008 8:01 AM

Sep 2008
It was an ok episode, I thought it got kinda boring. atleast we diddn't hear "DEVOUR KASHAN!"
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 18, 2008 10:05 AM

May 2008
While this still isn't one of my favorite shows this season, I am glad that I stuck with it after the merely decent start. The animation production continues to be lovely and this episode in-particular struck me as a sort of mix between Monster and Mushishi for some reason. Maybe due to the philosophical brooding combined with the fact that everything always seems to end badly. Either way I'm finding more and more that, for an action series, I prefer it more when there is less action.
Oct 18, 2008 11:55 AM

Aug 2008
eh, not bad. The show is starting to grow on me a bit. I just wish this would be about something. The show feels like Casshern, in search of something, but it doesn't know what. And I don't think that's a good thing.
Oct 18, 2008 11:58 AM

Feb 2008
Faust721 said:
Really enjoyed this episode. Loved the interaction between Casshern and Akoes. Next episdoe looks fun.

Same here.

This is my addiction fix this season. Can't wait for the next.
mflatischler.tk - My Manga translations and transcriptions
Anime in Blu-ray
ใ‚ใชใŸใฎไบบ็จฎใ€ๅนด้ฝขใ€ๅฎ—ๆ•™ใฏๅ•ใ„ใพใ›ใ‚“
Oct 18, 2008 12:25 PM

Sep 2008
sigh.. I'm loving this anime lol!. But srsly, Akoes: you're not the grim reaper casshern not everyone around you dies! *Akoes then proceeds to die* XDXDXD GAAAH
Oct 18, 2008 1:05 PM

May 2007
noteDhero said:
eh, not bad. The show is starting to grow on me a bit. I just wish this would be about something. The show feels like Casshern, in search of something, but it doesn't know what. And I don't think that's a good thing.

It's only episode 3 of a 24 episode season. Gotta be patient. I rather have them reveal things slowly than everything at once. Keeps the audience more tuned in with the series if you are really interested in how things are going to turn out.

As for the episode, really good stuff. Not much action, but played with your emotions a bit. Good dialogue between Casshern and Akoes. I wonder what his next encounter is going to be like.
Oct 18, 2008 1:06 PM

Jul 2007
Aww, I had a feeling Akoes would die when he showed, but that was a nice episode :3 It's a sad anime, that much is for sure, with Casshern's confusion and isolation. I loved Akoes line 'your not a Grim Reaper.', and the intereactions he had with Casshern. Pretty sad he died actually, he was a fun character.

But I was so happy when Friender joined :3 Kinda had a feeling Frineder would tag along sooner or later. All in all, good episode :3

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Oct 18, 2008 2:10 PM
Mar 2008
I liked it this episode. I really enjoy the way they bring in minor characters to interact with Casshern and the effects they have on him.
Oct 18, 2008 3:15 PM

Oct 2007
Damn, this episode was amazing I thought. The interaction with Akoes was perfect. It was just set up so nicely and had a good impact and made this episode great. The scene with Casshern and Friender was wonderful as well. I am really liking this series a lot so far.

It is beyond me how stuff like Kuroshitsuji this season is rated higher than it.

Oct 18, 2008 6:14 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Monkey_D_Luffy said:
Damn, this episode was amazing I thought. The interaction with Akoes was perfect. It was just set up so nicely and had a good impact and made this episode great. The scene with Casshern and Friender was wonderful as well. I am really liking this series a lot so far.

It is beyond me how stuff like Kuroshitsuji this season is rated higher than it.

Totally agreed. This is a rare gem. Plus it has a Kino vibe to it....

Kuroshitsuji anime does not live to my expectation because the original manga was actually better.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 18, 2008 7:42 PM

Sep 2008
turning out way better than what i thought it was gonna. btw who closed akeos' eyes? did he do it himself or was that casshern?
Oct 18, 2008 9:24 PM

Mar 2008
darth_lex said:
turning out way better than what i thought it was gonna. btw who closed akeos' eyes? did he do it himself or was that casshern?

Looked like someone else beside Casshern.
Oct 18, 2008 10:25 PM
Mar 2008
Great development episode.
Oct 18, 2008 11:00 PM

Sep 2008
great episode...

wii.. Friender have a new master...

Oct 19, 2008 1:01 AM

Sep 2007
KCT said:
Can Casshern heal himself?
It wasn't shown, but probably yes because the injuries suddenly disappeared after their "fight" x_X
darth_lex said:
Impossible to be Akoes since the hand was so girly and his hand had blood. Impossible to be Casshern since he has an . . .err . . glove and so far away. My guess is that it was Luna :D hehe
We Heal As One.
Oct 19, 2008 1:03 AM

Jan 2008
Jigero said:
It was an ok episode, I thought it got kinda boring. atleast we diddn't hear "DEVOUR KASHAN!"
Lol, exactly. It was a nice episode.
Oct 19, 2008 3:53 AM

Feb 2008
A good and depressing episode once again.

Why did Friender not kill Casshern? I didn't quite understand that. Did Friender just change its mind at the end?
Oct 19, 2008 3:54 AM
Dec 2007
As dark, deep and sad as ever. Casshern has by far the most developped atmosphere this year and it truly stands out thanks to that ! Oh, and the main character is voiced by Tohru Furuya (Seiya, Amuro Ray) too !

Monkey_D_Luffy said:

True, and Kuroshitsuji isn't even that good or special. The worse must be Kannagi I think, an anime as generic as you can make, since you have 3 or 4 similar shows every season.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 19, 2008 4:12 AM

Jul 2007
Veronin said:

Why did Friender not kill Casshern? I didn't quite understand that. Did Friender just change its mind at the end?

I'm not sure to be honest, it kinda confused me to. But I guess; cause Friender's old master told him to go with Casshern before Casshern killed everyone there, that maybe Friender decided to join him based on that wish? =/
I dunno, that's just how I looked at it. I'm glad he did join him though, it would have been sad for Friender to stay in that place alone :[

You told me to make you feel [color=#CC6600]like you're in heaven
[/color]
Oct 19, 2008 8:04 AM

Jun 2008
Monkey_D_Luffy said:

because some people doesn't have a taste
Oct 19, 2008 3:02 PM

Oct 2008
mflatischler said:
Faust721 said:

Same here.

This is my addiction fix this season. Can't wait for the next.

I 100% agree.

Oct 19, 2008 6:59 PM

Aug 2008
enjoyed change of pace (still depressing as hell). no bad ass robot killing, but a lil' character development goes a long way.
Oct 19, 2008 7:00 PM

Jun 2008
Another good episode, interesting seeing Casshern let his guard down to interact with a human.
I wonder who closed Akoes' eyes......
Oct 19, 2008 9:37 PM
Oct 2008
Great episode he finally meets a human and learns not to really feel down worry stress about everything that has happened to him so far, this continues to be one of the shining series this fall great episode
Oct 20, 2008 9:32 AM

Jan 2008
This as definitely my favourite epsiode so far! The development was just amazing, the story was interesting and it all flowed just so well! I'm becoming more and more impressed with this series!
Oct 20, 2008 6:31 PM

Oct 2007
pretty good so far... sad that Akoes had to die.. but at least Casshern has Friender as a companion now... pretty sad and deep anime... can't wait for more more of the story to develop and what's in store for our emo hero lol
Oct 20, 2008 6:32 PM

Sep 2007
Well, that was quite an episode. More development in for Casshern who's finally with Friender.

I can't shake off the feeling that Casshern looks so much like Pegasus Seiya, almost the same face and hair in some instances. They even share the same seiyuu. But, that's just me.
Oct 20, 2008 8:12 PM

Sep 2007
wakka9ca said:
Monkey_D_Luffy said:

Totally agreed. This is a rare gem. Plus it has a Kino vibe to it....

Kuroshitsuji anime does not live to my expectation because the original manga was actually better.

I was gonna say the same about the Kino vibe, which I think is absolutely awesome. This show just gets better and better with every episode =)
Oct 20, 2008 8:16 PM

Feb 2008
This was a great episode... probably the best so far, from my perspective. One thing I did not expect this anime to be was thoughtful, but it really manages to be. I like how Casshern contrasts with the mortality of everyone around him. You get some interesting perspectives on death.

Also, Akoes was a great character. Reminded me of Wolfwood and Grimmer, personally.
Oct 21, 2008 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
i really enjoy how ever character that talks with casshern really has some kind of impact and point to make to him.
Oct 21, 2008 7:21 AM

Aug 2008
Well, Wrench finally died. :(

To all those wondering who closed Akoes' eyes, it was most likely the girl from ep. 1, who wants to kill Casshern, but not until he remembers, etc..

Also, the MAL page for Robot Hunter Casshern says: "... along with his friends, a robot dog and beautiful woman..." So we've got Casshern and Friender already, but who's the woman? It has to either be the girl from ep. 1 or the one next ep. Looking at RHC's picture, probably the latter.
่„ฑใŽใพใ›ใ‚“๏ผ_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 21, 2008 10:44 AM

Jul 2007
JadeMatrix said:
Well, Wrench finally died. :(

To all those wondering who closed Akoes' eyes, it was most likely the girl from ep. 1, who wants to kill Casshern, but not until he remembers, etc..

Also, the MAL page for Robot Hunter Casshern says: "... along with his friends, a robot dog and beautiful woman..." So we've got Casshern and Friender already, but who's the woman? It has to either be the girl from ep. 1 or the one next ep. Looking at RHC's picture, probably the latter.

It was a description for OLD Casshern version, not the current one.

in the old:

Thus its mostly the girl from first episode, I bet, or it was just an metaphorical scene where someone from Akoes' past "closed" his eyes after death.
Oct 21, 2008 12:37 PM

Dec 2007
This series has everything going for it! Brilliant dialogue, fitting music, eye-popping animation, an intriguing story, and original characters. I love the whole atmosphere. My favorite episode so far.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dbaranyi - Mar 16, 2009

179 by -Xenophon- »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:07 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.