Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2010 3:18 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty decent episode this time, and now Lloyd know that Kratos is his father.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 6, 2010 12:43 PM

Apr 2010
Ah the episode with Volt. I was waiting for this one. Seems pretty good.
Oct 10, 2010 2:55 AM

Jun 2010
So... what will come in the next episode?

fangilrmode on: Kratos ♥

I really like the OP, Nana Mizuki's voice is amazing~!
Oct 12, 2010 6:33 PM

Apr 2008
Corrine ;___________________;

Oct 12, 2010 10:24 PM

Aug 2008
These episodes are kick ass. The music is exceptional.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Oct 12, 2010 11:48 PM

Sep 2008
I know the whole Volt thing was supposed to be an emotional spike in the game, but it really felt like it dragged on for the whole episode.
I'll admit that the rheaird fight scene was quite stunning with the sky thing going on and all.

The greatest part would have to be Presea hitting Genis with his Kendama and the credits.

Laurine_Andersen said:
I really like the OP
Me too, reminds me Naruto every time I see it.
HawthorneKittyOct 12, 2010 11:53 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2010 2:10 AM

Nov 2009
Im wondering exactly how they are going to squeeze the rest of the plot in in one episode. I'll have to assume there is going to be a third season to dust things off as scenes like Flanoir and the like are nowhere near happening if you follow the game timeline.

Yay for a Sheena filled episode, she was always my favourite in the game by miles and Presea was second. Both are getting pretty damned awesome showings this episode.
Oct 13, 2010 3:21 AM

Sep 2007
SuperKyou said:
Im wondering exactly how they are going to squeeze the rest of the plot in in one episode. I'll have to assume there is going to be a third season to dust things off as scenes like Flanoir and the like are nowhere near happening if you follow the game timeline.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8995/Tales_of_Symphonia:_Sekai_Tougou_Hen

Good thing the episode wasn't rushed. The changes were pretty good.

Oct 13, 2010 3:43 AM

Jun 2010
Wow. I loved this episode. Really good episode, had me tearing up during the Volt scene, although it was a bit too long. The Rheaird fight scene was really good and Presea hitting Genis with the kendama was way too cute.

I loved the plot change, as in how:

All in all, a really good episode in my opinion. Kind of mad that they're going to release the next episode in February. Yeah, that'll take a while.
Oct 13, 2010 9:46 PM

Apr 2007
The whole part with Volt was so predictable and melodramatic. It also really annoys me that the same thing which happened in the past happened again. Seriously Sheena?

At least Lloyd finally knows who his papa is~ I knew of that bastard Yuan telling him, but never imagined it would be like that! So good. I want the next episode noooooooooow ;___;
MonochromeOct 13, 2010 11:25 PM
Oct 14, 2010 12:30 AM

Jun 2010
It also really annoys me that the same thing which happened in the past happened again. Seriously Sheena?

It's called a childhood trauma.
Oct 14, 2010 4:00 PM
Mar 2010
I absolutly loved this!
Nice balance of story and action whilst also showing more of Sheena and it actually had a loss and more realistic elements to it.
The Animation with Volt and the attack upon the dragons was really good too.

Got to love the Ending, both the OP and ED are done really well in these OVAs.
Oct 15, 2010 6:18 AM

Aug 2007
Yuan looked really cool there with Lloyd. Omnombishounen. It was sad to see Corinne die again... I always hate it when I know that a death is coming and I'll have to see it again [insertFMAspoilerhere]. Nice going with Yuan threatening Lloyd, didn't see that one coming already.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 15, 2010 7:54 AM

Sep 2009
the big dragon's entrance animation was epic

and way to cliffhang you s**tf**ks!

and Lloyd finally found out that Kratos was his father...was about damn time...dumb bastard couldn't even put the pieces together after all that mumbo jumbo Kratos talked about his mom's death...my got, how think can you get.

now, we have to wait another year for the final ep of this season....

this should of been turned into a 26 ep tv series....my body can't handle all the wait!
Oct 15, 2010 1:05 PM

Aug 2009
It's like playing the game again. Some stuff in this OVA are just like in the game, or how I sort of imagined/experienced them. :D

The dragon fight was pretty cool, as mentioned. I liked it how they sliced the dragons in two or more. xD

Yeah, I would love this to be in a 13- or 26-episode long series, including all important stuff and such. Maybe it would turn out to be bad if... Anyhow, I think this OVA has rounded it all up pretty slightly and good. :)
Oct 16, 2010 3:40 AM

Jun 2009
Such sad episode. Poor Sheena. ;__;
But it's so unfair that episode ended with such a cliffhanger! I don't want to wait until the end of February!
But I'm glad that there were few Zelos & Sheena moments. ^^
PerlaNemesisOct 16, 2010 12:05 PM
Oct 16, 2010 1:16 PM

Sep 2007
Wow, this episode pretty much killed my mental image of Volt. First the noises it made and second how Lloyd's swords clashed with him as if Volt actually had a physical form. I always imagined him to be completely electric, his core being his weak point or something. Swords can't clash with electricity. :/

I've always been a Volt-fanboy though, otherwise I probably wouldn't have cared. :p
Oct 16, 2010 3:57 PM

Jul 2008
There was a lot of Zelos/Sheena in this episode. It could just be me though.

FINALLY Lloyd knows that Kratos is his father. I spent most of this episode worrying that it wouldn't be brought up yet.

BEGINNER
Oct 18, 2010 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode, loved the fights! And totally didn't expect the end...
And in this one again, little hints of the Drama CDs here and there<3

Wouldn't want this to be an anime series, I love the quality of the animation too much (and the music is splendid too). Plus would Kingetsu still work on it if it was an anime series?
Oct 19, 2010 10:57 AM
Mar 2009
Sheena looked a lot like Yuzu in that flashback. Like ancestor, like descendant?
It felt like Corrine was trying to make a LloydxSheena shipping.

I thought Lloyd was about to release a Falcon's Crest there. I am disappoint at the lack of artes used.

So they combined the Nest of Flying dragons, Iselia Human Ranch, and reveal of Kratos's son in one place?

Why must we wait 4 months for the next episode?!? -_-

I like the ending animations. They're pretty funny.
Oct 20, 2010 10:12 AM

Jan 2009
I can't get used to Lloyd. I just can't. (His voice, that is.)
Having played the game in English, it just doesn't sound like him xD (Though his seiyuu is obvioulsy way better than the English one.)
As for the episode, pretty much what I'd expected, though they ended quite a bit earlier than I thought they would. (Then again, it was quite a while since I actually played the game. And I loved the temple of lightning, darn funny place.)

....OH I SEE WHAT THEY DID!
They're mixing the flying island together with the mana cannon, that's why it seemed so out of place xD Mixing that with some more stuff too, cool.
And the fighting in the air was pretty <good>. Also, I've never had Raine use any offensive spells at all, maybe I should try that next time, seems like she gets some awesome stuff later : D

Instead, something that has always annoyed me, these narrow minded people in Mizuho. It's not like it was Sheena's fault that she couldn't understand what Volt was saying.
People place the blame for accidents and stuff so easily without giving it any thought at all ┐(-。ー')┌

Lastly, god I love that the ED.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Oct 20, 2010 12:53 PM

Jan 2009
Awwwww Sheena/Zelos :D

I wish they could have portrayed the back story of Corrine in the game. I really liked it here, but in both cases it was lacking an emotional build-up to the scene. o3o;

And I wanna see my Mithos~ D:
Oct 24, 2010 3:10 AM

Nov 2007
brilliant!
Oct 25, 2010 12:42 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode, :O at the end
Nov 1, 2010 1:22 PM

Jul 2009
Wow that episode was amazing. There are a lot of people that expect it to be exactly like the game lol. I played the game and I'm fine with how they're doing it. It brings back memories I played TOS a few years back and watching it just replay in front of me is great.

Too bad there will be a while for the next episode ugh it sucks.

I have to say it gave me chills when Yuan revealed Lloyd being Kratos son right there at the end and that song always gets to me too so it was like suspension with epic music, it was really good. Nothing else to do but wait for the next episode and I believe that I won't be let down =)
Dec 14, 2010 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
CORRINE! Q_________Q!!

Fangirl-Moment: Zelos and Sheena~ *0*

... But still: CORRINE! T_______T!!
Apr 7, 2011 2:07 PM

Oct 2009
Jul 1, 2011 9:09 PM

Jul 2007
Ahh i should of known they were going save the Volt and the Dragon nest event for the final moment of this ova. That was definitely one of my favorite moments in the games story line.

This episode unlike alot of others which were rushed, actually focused on key events to great depth. Such as the volt event, im glad they didn't decide to just rush that completly like they did with the other summon spirits. Well his was deffinitly more story driven, cause it revealed more of sheena's childhooh trauma and the loss of her spirit corrine. So i am glad they decided to devolope that part.

The dragon nest event was pretty cool and the action scenes they used were definitely much greater then they have been in the past ova's. Zelos also finally revealed his new ability.

One thing i really loved bout this game and what sets it apart from most tales games is the connections with each character, of course they weren't explained in full depth in the ova, but this episode and the last kind of helped to define that a bit. You can kind of put it together and know that there are pairings, such as Geinus and Presia, Sheena and Zelos, Raine and regal, and the obvious loyde and collete.

Also the episode ended with one of the largest shocking plot twists, and that being that kratos is actually loyd's father. Although that revelation was alot more shocking to me in the game for some reason then it was in the anime.

One of the things that i do not like bout this ova and im sorry for being so critical but a huge fan of the game, i can't help but notice that the desians do NOT get enough character background, its almost as if there insigificant characters and only there for certain critical events. But you really don't know anything bout them. By the time your this far into the game's story line, you know alot bout them, there history, there motives and there heritage. That is something that is lacking in the anime adaptation. But i don't see how it would be possible to add all the characterization of the 5 cardinals and all the main characters at the same time, its just to much for small ova's.

But the guy that was at the nesting dragon "Rodyle" was a very critical villain in this part of the story. Such things as his involvement with the angelic project and his goals of using Collete the key to collecting all the mana to converge both worlds. Both of these have been kind of revealed throughout the story of TOS. But this is just one major plot point that is considerably missing from the ova, so when you finally get to this point witch is more or less the resolution of this particular story event, you kind of feel lost a bit with this character and how is he involved in all of this with kratos by his side.

In any case, i guess for the final episode, they are going to focus on all the events of the dragons nest and hopefully the snowy lands of flanoir. I loved that part in the storyline. The game's third continent. That would be a great cut off point for this ova and good cliff hanger if they developed it nicely. Although this story is so far from over, i don't see how another 4 episode ova will be able to cover everything in this grand story. Before making judgements, ill just have to see how much the last episode actually covers.

ArtimesGamerJul 2, 2011 2:14 AM

Jul 2, 2011 2:34 AM

Jul 2007
SuperKyou said:

Yay for a Sheena filled episode, she was always my favourite in the game by miles and Presea was second. Both are getting pretty damned awesome showings this episode.

There is deffinitlyl alot more to cover, but Flanoir is actually right after the nesting dragon. Though i don't know bout Origin. Thats supposed to be close to the end of the story.

Nov 6, 2011 9:35 PM

Feb 2009
VULPIX!! :(

I must that, although this series has been underwhelming so far, this episode had a very nice conclusion and amazing effects.
Nov 9, 2011 10:04 AM

Aug 2011
Too much QQ
Apr 17, 2012 5:40 AM

May 2008
I pretty mch watched the same episode again without even knowing MAN THAT WAS GREAT LOL

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 6, 2012 9:46 PM
Apr 2012
Riptos said:

I was never a fan of Persea in the games, but these OVAs really changed my opinion on her. My problem was her introduction and how meh her past was presented in game, the anime really improves that. I still liked this episode but it wasn't near as strong as the game was; I still teared up at Corrine dying.
Jan 14, 2013 1:58 PM
Dec 2010
Nice episode !

Overall
So far and As one who has never even heard anything specific about the original game i can tell that this anime is great even without playing it and it is underrated indeed.
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
May 23, 2013 12:19 PM

Jun 2009
Corrine noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was like the game all over agian. Corrine was my most favorite animals in all the Tales of series
Nov 30, 2013 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, amazing episode, lots of great action scenes, and that ending scene.

Nice to see a lot of Sheena scenes, and her tragedy about her past of obtaining Volt. Poor her though that she lost Corrine T^T.

Just love the animation here as well as that huge dragon appearance, Ufotable never cease to amaze me :D.

Jan 1, 2014 10:22 PM

Nov 2011
Corrine :(( Oh God. Sheena needs a hug.
Mar 16, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2009
Corrine!!!!!!!!!! :'(

Oh and the sky fight with the dragons were impressive, the animation was top-notch!
Aug 4, 2020 8:27 AM

Nov 2016
Damn anyone else see that plot twist coming a mile away thanks to them showing an almost identical silhouette of Kratos during Lloyd's mom death flashback.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Feb 9, 2021 3:42 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Sheena sad backstory toward her hidden village agenda which cause such a deadly incident. Everyone blame her. Its made her to be the assassin and met Corrine, and the rest of the gangs. Its actually a good fate. However, since Sheena was so traumatize, she couldn't remember such a simple thing, until that tragic incident happened again. Its to Corrine. Well, something like those was normal, unless you need more of shounen-ish antic thingy to avoided such a tragic thing. However, in these case, its a decent attempt, and i pretty much like these plot progression.

In short, Volt acknowledged Sheena and available to help the plan to attack Collete and Kratos place, in the floating island. Surprisingly, its not just that. Because one of a crucial, but expected, revelations happened at those part. Well, interesting to see whats goin on next, and why Kratos could be like that....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 4 Discussion

Blackbird - Mar 2, 2011

38 by bushman66 »»
Mar 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

76 by dannymilk »»
Apr 1, 2021 6:35 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

51 by badabass »»
Feb 8, 2021 7:14 AM

» Possibilities on getting Dawn of the New World ova?

pacuuuuu3 - May 30, 2010

34 by Shahan88 »»
Aug 22, 2015 4:11 AM

» Fansub?

BRC - Mar 27, 2010

3 by YumeHanabi »»
Jun 13, 2010 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.