Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 30, 2010 6:49 PM

May 2009
Hi everyone, I know this series is still airing, and it's too soon to wonder about this, but does anybody think there's a chance of getting a Dawn of the New World ova? It's because to be honest, the game wasn't really good

I got kind of far in a friend's house but we got bored of it because it isn't half as good as the original, but I still wanna know the story so i wish they'd make an OVA

What do you guys think? Would it be a good idea?
"The weak get washed away by the tides of fate...The strong drink it up."-Godot
May 30, 2010 11:24 PM

Apr 2010
Your guess is as good as mine :P

I'd assume that its highly unlikely. A LOT of people hate DOTNW with a passion. I think its absolutely wonderful, but im a minority in that field.

On another note, just finish the game. Its really, really short. Get the good ending and you will have the :3 face for quite a while.
May 31, 2010 4:47 PM

Nov 2009
Screw people who hate it.
I LOVED Dawn of the New World. Got a problem?

I agree that most of the other Tales games are better, but HATE?
ToS2 is definitely still lovable.
BOO HOO, NO FFFING MAP ROAMING. YOU ALREADY KNOW THE FFFING MAP FROM TOS1.

The story of ToS2 was good in my opinion. Anyway, Namco probably only made the Tethe'alla Hen so they could animate ToS2.
May 31, 2010 6:00 PM

Apr 2010
Azure_Shockwave said:

The story of ToS2 was good in my opinion. Anyway, Namco probably only made the Tethe'alla Hen so they could animate ToS2.

I believe most peoples issue with the game was surviving emils faggotry (in spite of a different word I can't think of atm) for the first few hours. The game past that was pretty great both story and gameplay wise (minus temple of lightning. That place can go die).
Jun 1, 2010 12:25 AM
Jul 2007
omg i hope theres no DotNW anime. i cant stand that game. the highlight was getting an ending where Emil kills himself. i cant stand Emil... or Marta... or any of the new villains in that game. the game itself is probably ok... but all the new characters are hella annoying. TOO annoying. ToS didnt need a sequel.
...we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here because we're here...
Jun 1, 2010 12:39 AM

Apr 2010
Zelos said:
omg i hope theres no DotNW anime. i cant stand that game. the highlight was getting an ending where Emil kills himself. i cant stand Emil... or Marta... or any of the new villains in that game. the game itself is probably ok... but all the new characters are hella annoying. TOO annoying. ToS didnt need a sequel.

You are right about TOS not needing a sequel.

Disagree entirely on the characters and overall story of the game, but its all good. You are actually kind of proving my point above.

If they do for whatever reason make one for DOTNW, I hope they speed up the emil process. You know, how his voice is INCREDIBLY horribad towards the beginning and starts to become totally bearable even when hes not in ratatosk mode near the end. If not people are going to drop it immediately = \
Jun 1, 2010 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
*Sighs* More banging on Dawn =/ I loved the game to pieces. Everyone finds Emil annoying, but to me I found him absolutely adorable :D I just wanna hug him. And then there was the "Ratatosk-Mode"~ that makes up for Emil's... "failness" in the beginning of the game. I found the plot pretty good, and if you can live with the new voice cast for the old crew, and the linear changes, its a really nice RPG. You cant play Dawn for... let's say 2 hours, and then give up on it. You have to really give the game time.

Asides from that, I really hope there is a Dawn anime. I loved the game and I would love a anime to go with it. Of course it probably wont happen, there is a much higher chance they'll focus they're next animation intentions on Tales of Graces.
Jun 1, 2010 6:50 PM

May 2009
I actually got sort of far in game, not too much, but I got past the first hours which are annoying
The thing is, I didn't really dislike traveling through the map in TOS 1
It was tedious at times, but with friends it was fun to fight
I can see many flaws in TOS 2 though, because when you do multiplayer and one of your friends isn't too interested about the story, he just wants to play, and he has to wait a lot and watch all of the story in order to play
That didn't happen with TOS1, which had a great story

Anyway, aside from that, I don't really hate emil, and I might finish the game one day, but if they released an OVA for it, it'd be better =)
Jun 1, 2010 9:51 PM

Apr 2010
pacuuuuu3 said:
I actually got sort of far in game, not too much, but I got past the first hours which are annoying
The thing is, I didn't really dislike traveling through the map in TOS 1
It was tedious at times, but with friends it was fun to fight
I can see many flaws in TOS 2 though, because when you do multiplayer and one of your friends isn't too interested about the story, he just wants to play, and he has to wait a lot and watch all of the story in order to play
That didn't happen with TOS1, which had a great story

Anyway, aside from that, I don't really hate emil, and I might finish the game one day, but if they released an OVA for it, it'd be better =)

Playing multiplayer with a tales game eh? You are much more patient than me :P Can't stand any of the games as multiplayer.

I still think DOTNW had a fantastic free run and battle system. Minus it being wayyyy too easy to exploit. (OH HAI IM MARTA, PHOTON SPAM DURP DURP BOSS CANT MOVE)

The whole, 30 hours of game play makes me sad though. The game overall was fairly meh in general though. Storys fantastic and the game isn't that bad. I'm kind of rambling trying to defend one of my favorite games now haha.

I'm actually curious as to how the reception towards it would be if it wasn't a TOS sequel. I know from experience when i first tried to play it, I heard the new lloyd voice and stared at my screen for a second , then went into rage mode and turned off my wii yelling WHYYYYYYYYYYYY.

I honestly would have NEVER given it another chance if my internet didn't go out for a week and left me with nothing else to do. I'm glad I gave it another chance :D
Jun 2, 2010 3:48 PM

May 2009
Clous said:
Playing multiplayer with a tales game eh? You are much more patient than me :P Can't stand any of the games as multiplayer.

I only played the game in my friends house, so I had no choice but to play multiplayer, and to be honest, the game was meant to be played alone, or that's the impression it gave me

I used to play symphonia 1 on multiplayer too, because I discovered it in my friend's house

I bought it later though, but I still think the multiplayer for that game is actually good
Jun 2, 2010 7:47 PM

Nov 2009
Clous said:
Azure_Shockwave said:

I believe most peoples issue with the game was surviving emils faggotry (in spite of a different word I can't think of atm) for the first few hours. The game past that was pretty great both story and gameplay wise (minus temple of lightning. That place can go die).

Luke is much worse...... Way worse.... They both get better so who cares.
I LOVED the temple of lightning!!! It was exciting and fast paced!
Jun 2, 2010 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
I've played Dawn several times by myself, but I played it with a friend recently and we did the whole game together, and he loved the story, he was screaming spoiler questions at me every 3 seconds.

._. Maybe you guys just dont like these types of stories?
Jun 2, 2010 7:58 PM

Apr 2010
Azure_Shockwave said:
Clous said:
Azure_Shockwave said:

Luke is much worse...... Way worse.... They both get better so who cares.
I LOVED the temple of lightning!!! It was exciting and fast paced!

Temple of lightning is fun, until glare shits on your chances of getting the good ending.

Luke was also ...yeah. But, I love TOA as well. The point is, for a standard person to walk into a game and see that, its a super huge turn off. Obviously I have nothing against either character later in the game, but I have taste which most people do not.

This goes back to my previous rhetorical question, What if it wasn't a TOS sequel? In reality, its not a bad game. Most people just hate it since it butchered some of TOS characters.
Jun 2, 2010 9:14 PM

May 2009
DOTNW's story is good, but not EVERYONE likes it, and it's made for TOS fans anyway
Jun 3, 2010 12:49 AM

Nov 2009
I've never played Dawn of the New World personally, but I know the story quite well from friends. I have to say that the chance of an anime adaption are very low, given the fact it not only is still quite recent, but they probably focus on another Tales game. Also, DOTNW wasn't as poplar as TOS, so I doubt they would try. Heck, its sad to say, but I don't think Tethe'alla Hen is doing too well either.
Jun 3, 2010 11:22 AM

Jun 2009
I only liked the two younger villains in that game, Alice and Decus. Otherwise the Emil and Marta were just okay.

Although I would watch it just for that.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 5, 2010 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
Either way, what Pw3age says about the adaption is true. They will most likeyly focus on the others. Vesperia is so popular its already been considered a second game, and another movie as well. And Graces seems do be doing pretty well since Asbel is already the 3rd most popular Tales Character, and the game only came out near the end of last year. So they're likely after the Tethe'alla Hen is done, gonna focus on Vesperia and Graces. Sadly to say. I would'nt mind a anime of Dawn, but I mean if it's not done it's not done~
Jun 5, 2010 5:10 PM

May 2009
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214955
Dunno if this's got something to do with DOTNW, but "United world" sounds like it to me =D
Jun 5, 2010 7:42 PM

Aug 2009
pacuuuuu3 said:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214955
Dunno if this's got something to do with DOTNW, but "United world" sounds like it to me =D

As much as that sounds its the Final Episode of the Tethe'alla Hen. So no matter what way you look at it. You cant exactly fit Dawn in there at all. Not in one episode. The "United World" which is "supposedly" as this says the last episode of the Tethe'alla Hen. Is probably named after the event that happens near the end of the game, they reunite the two worlds.

For it to be Dawn related, we'd need atleast a few OVA's or a Film Length featurette. Sadly enough. I dont exactly like denying something I want xD
But i'm just saying what seems most plausible.
Jun 5, 2010 8:44 PM

May 2009
Yeah
Well not much to do there
Jun 13, 2010 2:18 AM

Jul 2009
I sure hope there'll be. Who knows...
Dawn was rather short, so it should be easier to adapt into OVAs that Symphonia.
Jun 15, 2010 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
YumeHanabi said:
I sure hope there'll be. Who knows...
Dawn was rather short, so it should be easier to adapt into OVAs that Symphonia.

Very true. But remember how the Tales Series always goes on the fans choice. Everyone knows alot of people disliked Dawn for it's many flaws, there are only a handful of people who enjoy the game for what it is. Note that only the most popular Tales Games have had anime features... Ah Yume you should already know this xD
Jun 15, 2010 10:45 PM

Jul 2009
But is Dawn that hated in Japan? Didn't it do better than ToV360 in terms of sales?
Jun 16, 2010 6:44 PM
Nov 2009
The first problem with Dawn of the New World in North America is the atrocious voice work (beyond the basic objection against dubbing Rie fucking Kugimiya, they couldn't even get back their original voice cast). Beyond that it was a decent game in spite of it being rushed job (the subquest system ugh). I don't think anyone would seriously argue it was better than ToS1.

An OVA of it would be good. It'd be much easier to put together than ToS 1 since the plot is a lot less loose. Plus a Rie tsundere anime will attract her various fanatics.
Jun 17, 2010 5:38 AM

Aug 2009
YumeHanabi said:
But is Dawn that hated in Japan? Didn't it do better than ToV360 in terms of sales?

I'm not sure... I dont look up japanese sales xD I thought Vesperia did better? Either way if Dawn did well in japan, we may get a anime. Emil did actually get the 10th position in the 3rd popularity poll (which is pretty good). But they may overlook Dawn and go for a Graces anime. And of course there are things going around on there being a "Second Strike".

I guess there is no point speculating on it. We'll just have to wait and see. The Symphonia anime still has a while to go, and there is going to be another batch of OVA's coming after the "Tethe'alla Chapter".
Well Yume as a part of AC I guess you'll know ahead of us so xD Find anything out, please do tell us~
Sep 5, 2010 6:24 PM
Sep 2010
The fact that Tenebrae exists in TOS2 should score the game more points than most people give it. To me, he made that game awesome, but then again I just love Tenebie! ^^ I also like the storyline a lot, and TOS2 also reveals the original characters in a different perspective. I think its kinda cool, even if Alice's voice was super annoying. And Omg! I love Decus! He's awesome! ^^ That guy had the best Mystic Arte! xD

Anyway, I'd actually like to see an anime of this, but I seriously doubt it'll happen. ^^
Sep 6, 2010 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
omfg.dotnw was so fucking awesome i couldnt stop playing oO the story was great, character development to the max, i just loved everything about it...and i dont care much about voice actors lol cant remember them being too bad. i hope they make an ova about it ^^
Oct 10, 2010 6:55 AM

Aug 2009
It's nice to see some people like the game. Since it's gotten a lot of hate by RPG'ists or some hardcore Tales Fans. Mainly because of the voice actor changes, and everyone disliking Emil. (if you ask me Emil was a a lot more scary in the japanese version :D). I'm glad that some people just see it for what the game is rather than comparing it on every level possible.
Dec 16, 2010 3:03 PM

Aug 2010
I'm going to perfectly honest here. Dawn of the New World is the only Tales game I have ever played! *shot by hardcore Tales fans* And yeah, I freaking loved the game. So of course, from the minute I finnished it, I wanted an anime as soon as possible.
Not saying that I don't know anything about ToS though. My friend is a MAJOR fan and she filled me in on absolutely everything, and I've watched her play the game a couple times, and I'm currently watching the OVA. I like both stories. DotNW is only special to me because it brought me into the Tales world. In fact, I didn't even know it was a sequal when I first played it!

That's something that kind of ticks me off about these two games. Because one is a sequal, the two are always compaired. I know how great of a gem ToS was, but did people really expect it to be topped by it's sequal or something? Duh of course not. When does that ever happen anyway? Sure it probably wasn't what most people expected, but you really have to learn to keep an open mind sometimes. And the voice actors? I thought they were fabulous! Very enthusiastic and each matched the characters very well (especialy Zelos xD )

There were only two things that really annoyed me about DotNW: One was the cut scenes which should have been made CG or anime-style-ish like the opening or something (most of the dramtic scenes ended up looking too dramatic or stupid), the other is the bad ending. Note, the BAD ending. I think that says something.

And for the record, Emil was my favourite. He was an absolute sweetheart and I loved his dessign <3

-end of long rambling-
Dec 17, 2010 5:40 PM

Apr 2008
All I remember thinking when I played it with my brother was that
"It isn't made by the same group that made TOS"

And all I did was A spam and you could basically combo the crap outta people. Using Hi Ougi when necessary.

It doesn't matter to me if they made an anime for it. Anime is anime and if its fun to watch I'll watch it.
Dec 18, 2010 1:20 PM

Aug 2009
SourCucumber. I was exactly the same. To be precise. I played "Tales of Symphonia" first, but I wasnt very good at it. So in the end I gave in. Eventually I played "Dawn of the New World" which really got me hyped into the Series properly. I looked at "Dawn" not as a Sequal, or a Spin-off. I just looked at it as a RPG Game, of the Tales Series. Nothing more. And I really enjoyed it ^_^

People just complain a lot, because it's not that they wanted. And it doesnt compare to their previous game.

And for me, I loved Symphonia, but I have finished "Dawn" 8 Times, as where I finished "Symphonia" once. So by what I think. I found "Dawn" much more enjoyable, that goes for story as well. Though I do admit, I did wish they added some Anime Cutscenes, asides from the Opening.
HaloX5Dec 18, 2010 1:23 PM
Dec 26, 2010 7:38 AM

Aug 2010
HaloX5 said:
SourCucumber. I was exactly the same. To be precise. I played "Tales of Symphonia" first, but I wasnt very good at it. So in the end I gave in. Eventually I played "Dawn of the New World" which really got me hyped into the Series properly. I looked at "Dawn" not as a Sequal, or a Spin-off. I just looked at it as a RPG Game, of the Tales Series. Nothing more. And I really enjoyed it ^_^

People just complain a lot, because it's not that they wanted. And it doesnt compare to their previous game.

And for me, I loved Symphonia, but I have finished "Dawn" 8 Times, as where I finished "Symphonia" once. So by what I think. I found "Dawn" much more enjoyable, that goes for story as well. Though I do admit, I did wish they added some Anime Cutscenes, asides from the Opening.

Exactly! I think if the two games were never compaired, DotNW would have done much better then it did. That's why we need an anime, so people can understand that DotNW is a lot better then people give it credit for. There was nothing wrong with the story or the characters or the music. In fact, it was probably just some of the game mechanics that turned people off.

Ugh...well, I guess in the end it's up to the anime companies if they want to do it or not. Nothing I can do but cross my fingers and be patient :/
Jan 9, 2011 6:52 AM

Aug 2009
SourCucumber said:
Exactly! I think if the two games were never compaired, DotNW would have done much better then it did. That's why we need an anime, so people can understand that DotNW is a lot better then people give it credit for. There was nothing wrong with the story or the characters or the music. In fact, it was probably just some of the game mechanics that turned people off.

Ugh...well, I guess in the end it's up to the anime companies if they want to do it or not. Nothing I can do but cross my fingers and be patient :/

Well do remember. They can't manage two animes at once for some reason. So we wont hear on a new anime until "Tales of Symphonia" is finished. And it still has a Third Chapter of it on the way. If you look at it like this. They have the main choice of either doing "Dawn" or doing "Graces". "Graces" did obviously better and is seriously well loved, to the point the game is known to be one of the best so far, and has the best battle system to date. Namco aren't like the American Localizers so a "Dawn" anime is still very much possible. But if they go by how well Games have done then it may not happen. Again if that was true, they would have made a "Destiny" Anime a long time ago.
Feb 28, 2011 10:44 AM

Aug 2009
I didn't exactly enjoy Dawn of the World at all. Emil was a wuss who had to rely on the power of Ratatosk. And yeah, I know that's what made the character interesting to some people and what the game was focusing on, but I still didn't enjoy it. The game did have have some nice characters though.

I still enjoyed "Tenebie" and Marta a lot and would love to see them in an OVA.
XBlazeFeb 28, 2011 11:32 AM
Aug 22, 2015 4:11 AM
Oct 2012
Yammerss said:
I&#039;m going to perfectly honest here. Dawn of the New World is the only Tales game I have ever played! *shot by hardcore Tales fans* And yeah, I freaking loved the game. So of course, from the minute I finnished it, I wanted an anime as soon as possible.
Not saying that I don&#039;t know anything about ToS though. My friend is a MAJOR fan and she filled me in on absolutely everything, and I&#039;ve watched her play the game a couple times, and I&#039;m currently watching the OVA. I like both stories. DotNW is only special to me because it brought me into the Tales world. In fact, I didn&#039;t even know it was a sequal when I first played it!

That&#039;s something that kind of ticks me off about these two games. Because one is a sequal, the two are always compaired. I know how great of a gem ToS was, but did people really expect it to be topped by it&#039;s sequal or something? Duh of course not. When does that ever happen anyway? Sure it probably wasn&#039;t what most people expected, but you really have to learn to keep an open mind sometimes. And the voice actors? I thought they were fabulous! Very enthusiastic and each matched the characters very well (especialy Zelos xD )

There were only two things that really annoyed me about DotNW: One was the cut scenes which should have been made CG or anime-style-ish like the opening or something (most of the dramtic scenes ended up looking too dramatic or stupid), the other is the bad ending. Note, the BAD ending. I think that says something.

And for the record, Emil was my favourite. He was an absolute sweetheart and I loved his dessign <3

-end of long rambling-

Okay! My questions about whether the game already had the anime out have been answered. I was a little surprised to here they only developed the game, but not the anime. FOr some reason I thought the anime came before the game.. *shrugs* I'm in the same boat with Yammers, I have not played any of the other TOS games. In fact, DoTNW game was the way I first discovered about the series, and also friends of mine. With my friends it was the flip side, they played the first games, but never really heard of or played DoTNW. xD

I actually really enjoyed the game. Like Yammers, I did get annoyed with the cut scenes. Also, the phrases and voice for Marta got quite a bit annoying and boring...to the point of me wanting to shout at her, "shut the fuck up!" xD Otherwise, I enjoyed the game.

I honestly like Emil character. Though yes the indecisive and quiet nature of his character can be annoying at time, I like it because it shows a different side to what you usually might see in typical male character in anime and games alike. Ya know, the strong, confident, over-zealous, laid-back or arrogant personas. We all have to admit, some guys are just quiet, and some are indecisive just like some women are. To me it shows they have a more realistic view of how male characters have a wide range of personalities and are not all the same, just how not all females are the same.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 4 Discussion

Blackbird - Mar 2, 2011

38 by bushman66 »»
Mar 24, 2022 9:02 PM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

76 by dannymilk »»
Apr 1, 2021 6:35 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 3 Discussion

Blackbird - Oct 5, 2010

39 by badabass »»
Feb 9, 2021 3:42 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

51 by badabass »»
Feb 8, 2021 7:14 AM

» Fansub?

BRC - Mar 27, 2010

3 by YumeHanabi »»
Jun 13, 2010 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.