Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2011 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally this episode is out on Raw
!!
Pretty awesome episode :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Mar 9, 2011 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
I'm still waiting for the Subbed version and the wait is almost killing me. xD
Mar 10, 2011 1:15 PM

Jun 2009
Actually you can watch this episode subbed here. Quality is bad, though. I watched only few bits. That scene with Lloyd remembering some moments spent with Kratos was really moving and then Lloyd called Kratos "Father" I almost started crying from joy. ^^
I will watch all epiosde when normal quality will be available. ^^
PerlaNemesisMar 13, 2011 4:09 AM
Mar 19, 2011 4:30 PM

Jan 2009
Derpa herp clichés and shizz, but okay, this was kinda good.
Felt good to have some difference from the game as well, since it provided some suspense from not being entirely sure what would happen next. Well, except that the main plot points were the same, obviously.
Also, needs more Sheena.
Oh and, the ED is full of win.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Mar 19, 2011 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
i wish they gave sheena the balcony scene because i really liked that in the game , hope we get to see more of sheena in the future episodes because she is awesome and i love her :D
Mar 19, 2011 6:48 PM

Jun 2008
Lloyd seemed like a pansy in the beginning of this episode. XD but that's all good. That's why I love our little emotional Lloyd.

Is it bad that I still have a freaking heart attack whenever Lloyd finds out Kratos is his father? When Kratos saved Lloyd from being smooshed... Oh my, I thought I was going to die it was so cute.

And the ending is freaking amazing. I can't wait to find the full version. This song (along with the other ending) makes this anime! I wonder what it is called. (never mind, I'm just blind)
Dragon-HeartMar 19, 2011 7:22 PM
Mar 19, 2011 7:03 PM

Dec 2008
And now we get to wait another 2 years to find out what happens at the end >_>

But a great episode nevertheless!
Mar 19, 2011 11:15 PM

Sep 2008
A lot less happened then what I had hoped.
Then again, I have not played the game in a couple years so I don't really remember how much they have to go through still.

Nonetheless, it was a pretty awesome fight from the get-go and hearing Collete's voice in what seemed like forever was quite the treat. Now to wait for the worlds to be united.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 19, 2011 11:34 PM

Apr 2008
- Divine Judgment.
- Too many dramatic pauses.
- Needs moar hi-ougis / battles.

(apparently exspheres just make you unnaturally strong physically)
Mar 20, 2011 5:29 AM

Aug 2010
Woot tethe'alla hen is finished :D can't wait for the next one ;D
lloyd's emotional breakdown was over quite fast rofl but thats how he rolls XD and presea was pretty epic in that one scene =O
Mar 20, 2011 9:15 AM

Nov 2009
And there was me hoping that the thing would end after this one but nope.

Gonna be another year + wait for the next series to be finishing assuming the first ep is out in 3 months =(

<3 Sheena and Presea though but then they are my favourite characters in the game =P
Mar 20, 2011 11:48 AM

Jun 2009
I loved this episode. It was really awesome. ^^

Dragon-Heart said:
Is it bad that I still have a freaking heart attack whenever Lloyd finds out Kratos is his father? When Kratos saved Lloyd from being smooshed... Oh my, I thought I was going to die it was so cute.

Totally agree with you, I also loved that scene. It was so emotional. <3
Mar 20, 2011 2:16 PM

Feb 2009
Amazing OVA, it was overall better than the first one. It had great action and fighting scenes; the character development was top notch, they develop Sheena very well in this OVA, as for the introduction of Zelos, Presea and Regal, which was very well done. Music was very good and the ending song was fantastic. Lloyd was Lloyd as usual, but nevertheless enjoyable to watch. Kratos and Yggdrasill where bad-ass. Have to say that this was indeed a very well done OVA.

9/10
Mar 20, 2011 2:27 PM
Aug 2009
As I did with the first series, really enjoyed it, but it wasn't something that made me crazy.
I just hope that we don't have to wait 3 years more for the continuation =__=, it's getting really annoying. C'mon ufotable!
Mar 20, 2011 2:29 PM

Dec 2009
Ridiculously corny and over-the-top episode but Zelos was such a fucking bro it made up for it.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Mar 20, 2011 3:16 PM

Sep 2008
Zero_sama said:
Amazing OVA, it was overall better than the first one. It had great action and fighting scenes; the character development was top notch, they develop Sheena very well in this OVA, as for the introduction of Zelos, Presea and Regal, which was very well done. Music was very good and the ending song was fantastic. Lloyd was Lloyd as usual, but nevertheless enjoyable to watch. Kratos and Yggdrasill where bad-ass. Have to say that this was indeed a very well done OVA.

9/10

My words exactly. Especially with Zelos, I done all the different plot lines and Zelos personality portrayed in the OVA was perfect, especially his dark moments in the OVA. Even though he normally plays a laid back character, the OVA still showed that he has some in-depth problems about him being the Chosen which were portrayed much better than I thought they would in the OVAs.

Yeah, it's going to be like another 2 years for when the continuation will happen. I think by then Nana Mizuki will have another album and we might get treated to new song of hers in the opening, which I'm hoping for but that is a long time from now.
Mar 20, 2011 6:24 PM

Oct 2009
For some reason I liked the first series more, but the Tethe'alla chapter was still very good. I haven't played the game, so I can't wait to see how the story ends...in 2015...
Mar 20, 2011 7:20 PM

Feb 2009
EtherSword said:
Zero_sama said:

9/10

My words exactly. Especially with Zelos, I done all the different plot lines and Zelos personality portrayed in the OVA was perfect, especially his dark moments in the OVA. Even though he normally plays a laid back character, the OVA still showed that he has some in-depth problems about him being the Chosen which were portrayed much better than I thought they would in the OVAs.

Yeah, it's going to be like another 2 years for when the continuation will happen. I think by then Nana Mizuki will have another album and we might get treated to new song of hers in the opening, which I'm hoping for but that is a long time from now.

That's the only bad thing, no status or release date for the the last OVA and probably it will take like 2 to 3 years to see the end. BTW the only thing that I wished the Tethe'alla OVA had was the opening song from the first OVA, Almateria. That song is epic, never gets old.
Mar 23, 2011 3:14 PM
Mar 2009
Yes! Started the episode with a lot more artes and a freaking Hi-Ougi, and Zelos actually used the same incantation for Divine Judgement as he does in the game! Woot!

Bleh, I was kind of expecting Rydol(?) to berserk himself like he did in the game. Nice to see that they kept the way Colette regains consciousness the same as in the game.

The Bishop is a nice d00d? lolwut?

FLANOIR! Except it's riddled with plot advancements. Looks like they bypassed Ozette altogether.

Now to wait another 2 years for the United World arc...WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Mar 24, 2011 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
Was a pretty dramatic episode. Story is a little all over the place but still good. Zelo's Divine Judgement was alright, i liked Genius Prism Swords a bit more, sadly, they weren't helpful this episode.

Next OVA... end of the year... Lol. Enjoy the wait.
Mar 27, 2011 12:39 AM

Jul 2009
I think it's my favourite episode in the series<3

And why is everyone saying it'll be 2-3 years before the series is finished? The last two episodes have been announced for this year.
Apr 7, 2011 2:47 PM

Oct 2009
Pretty good action scenes.

Now to wait for the next OVA, I hope it won't take so long...
May 14, 2011 9:07 AM

Jan 2009
Woohoo, finally Mithos makes an appearance : D!
I can't wait to see more of him~ <3

I think my favorite parts of this episode all involved Zelos. I feel like there should be more heard from pertaining to his back-story. Especially his relationship with his sister... I don't even remember if this anime even gave him a sister but EH, doesn't matter cause we'll probably not be able to see anything about it anyway.
May 20, 2011 4:04 PM
Mar 2010
Again this OVA had everything in it. Emotional moving moments, epic fight scenes and lots of unanswered questions...
I thought this episode was really good though and the Llyod/Kratos was done well, i feared it might stray into too much cliche.
I'm definatly looking foward to the third set of OVAs and wondering which side Zelos is really on. xD
And the sister thing at the end...
May 27, 2011 9:38 PM
May 2011
AkkarinKHR said:
Again this OVA had everything in it. Emotional moving moments, epic fight scenes and lots of unanswered questions...
I thought this episode was really good though and the Llyod/Kratos was done well, i feared it might stray into too much cliche.
I'm definatly looking foward to the third set of OVAs and wondering which side Zelos is really on. xD
And the sister thing at the end...
i heard somewhere. ok i dont wanna spoil it so this willproboly be too vauge, but the thing zelos does to you is cannon. ide prefer it that way, that part was always much more dramatic

also i had to let out my inner fangirl and when lloyd and collete kissed, sorry but ive been waiting 7 years for that. its about damn time
Jul 3, 2011 3:23 PM

Jul 2007
This was definitely a pretty good episode and a great way to wrap up this ova. They didn't rush it to much, they dedicated most of the time in revealing all the dramatic events in the dragon nest and about the mana cannon. Though i very vaguely remember the games story line cause its been so long. But if i remember right some of these events that happend in the dragon nest, such as the mana cannon. Weren't these supposed to happen much later. I just feel as though there combining a few major plot points into one scenario.

Although it wasn't bad at all. I should of known they would of saved the last events of the ova with the flanoir scene. That was one of my favorite scenes and for those of you who have played the game. These scenes are actually the determining factor on how to receive the different endings in the games storyline. In this case, they went with the original "collette and loyde" event on the balcony. But there is actually alot more scenes you can view on the balcony in the game with other pariings, such as zelos and sheena, or genis and presia. These events it self is what ultimately changes the ending of the game in some way.

And at last they reveal Mithos at the very end. Can't wait to see more of him. Though correct me if im wrong, but wasn't his appearance supposed to be much later in the game. I forget. Anyways the ova was definitely better the the first in a multitude of ways, for one, they shown alot more character interactions with the different characters and explored depth with some of the characters such as zelos and presea's back story. Also the fact that this ova had some of the better events in the game which makes it definitely more interesting. Though unless they plan on combining certain events or moving the story at a pretty rapid pase. I don't see how they will be able to finish everything. There is still quite a bit more to reveal and one more ova of 4 episodes just doesn't seem like it will be able to cover everything in great detail. So im kind of worried bout that. I hope it doesn't turn out like ova 1.

Well i give this ova a 7/10. Better then the first ova.

Aug 28, 2011 7:46 AM

May 2009
WHEN NXT SYMPHONIA???

Anyone else just laugh at how soap opera Lloyd was getting?

But seriously, I don't even know how they are going to finish these last OVAs. I hope they don't spend an entire ep with Genis/Mithos bonding. I want some bloody battles dangit. I will also be marveled if the anime can actually explain the TOS ending so that we can actually understand wtf happened.
Nov 9, 2011 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
Not a bad ending. I still have the feeling this seres could have been much better.
Nov 10, 2011 6:22 PM

Aug 2011
Veethorn said:
Not a bad ending. I still have the feeling this seres could have been much better.

Theres a new season coming out in 2 weeks....
Nov 19, 2011 11:39 PM

Apr 2011
Lol. Sheena turned red at Lloyd.
Nov 30, 2013 2:59 PM

Jul 2013
And wrap things up where they rescued Colette and saved her from her cursed fate. Wonder where Kratos is going now and what is up with Zelos at the end...

That was a great OVA special from Ufotable about the Tethe'alla Hen arc story and saving Colette. Much more better then the 1st arc of the story. We get to see a lot of character development, amazing action scenes, glorious animation, OSTs, and likable characters. Though again the story was sort of rushed and Colette received less screen time in here as well as Kratos though :(. Overall my score is 8/10

Jan 1, 2014 11:14 PM

Nov 2011
Coletteeeeeee she's back! That's right. Welcome back <3

"I'm back LLoyd"
I'm curious who this Mithos character is though. Oh well, will find out next season.
Mar 16, 2014 10:32 AM

Oct 2009
This felt slightly rushed than the others, then again new plot points keep popping up, they can't cover it all.
Glad to hear Colette's voice :D, she is the cutest <3

This season was pretty darn corny though ;)

7.5/10
May 21, 2014 11:42 PM

Jun 2012
One of the better episodes of the entire series thus far.
The lack of romance bothers my penis.
Jan 13, 2015 7:10 AM

Dec 2008
better than first part o trilogy...not super original...but more emotion full. ^~^ 6.8/10
Mar 8, 2016 8:35 PM

Nov 2013
The plot was all over the place.
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Feb 9, 2021 7:30 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Collete successfully returned to her original state. Her smile, her petite body. Damn! So cute! Everyone had their badass time, especially Zelos when he slayed that huge dragon. Thats great. But, damn, his last line with that Yugu angel subordinate sounds wrong and full of mystery. Whats the real intentions of him?

Sheena blushing looked pretty much wrong. Well, maybe its just her awkwardness expression toward that appreciation. Lol. Meanwhile, Kratos seemed to get so his hands full for the next arc. He must chose the right side, and shall open all of his feeling. Because i may sure the next will be the last time to meet him.

Don't worry, everything will be cleared out when the time has come, right. However, for more important matter, the next goal, its to united the two worlds, will possibly become their last journey. Its already been decided after two different chosen one group up under one command. Can they concluded everything in one next arc?

I can't believed i am watching this in one year gap, lol. So, the next arc will get its watching time the next year, eh? Possibly. So, for this one, i shall be honest that this is an improvement from the previous ova. I can't help but enjoy this little thing. Its not just because its additional casts, but also their decent pacing this time. Even though i am still dissagree for a certain scenarios, but its fine. A minor plot can't be blame my enjoyment toward this little game adaptation.

So, for the short, i shall give my honest opinion at my 8/10 without any much complain. Collete adorable smile shall just be enough for all the negative matters in this ova.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 2, 2021 11:59 AM

Jan 2013
ahhh theres the Genis’ bff Mithos arc coming at the end there

an improvement over the first part even though theres alot more liberties being taken here compared to the game
Mar 24, 2022 9:02 PM
Mar 2019
Forgot everything about the previous season, i should not leave it so long to watch.
Still sort of made out the storyline, so i enjoyed watching.
For a Game based Anime this is easy to follow.
On to the next.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Mar 31, 2010

76 by dannymilk »»
Apr 1, 2021 6:35 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 3 Discussion

Blackbird - Oct 5, 2010

39 by badabass »»
Feb 9, 2021 3:42 AM

Poll: » Tales of Symphonia: Tethe'alla Hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - May 27, 2010

51 by badabass »»
Feb 8, 2021 7:14 AM

» Possibilities on getting Dawn of the New World ova?

pacuuuuu3 - May 30, 2010

34 by Shahan88 »»
Aug 22, 2015 4:11 AM

» Fansub?

BRC - Mar 27, 2010

3 by YumeHanabi »»
Jun 13, 2010 2:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.