Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 12, 2010 3:29 PM

May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Didn't see a topic for this ep yet, so I thought I'd start one.

More Youkai action going on; this series is looking up. Love the way the cherry blossoms are animated.

EDIT: Youkai Rikuo is a baddass :D
dviceJul 12, 2010 3:33 PM
Jul 12, 2010 3:49 PM

Apr 2009
Tomokazu Sugita as Zen XD

Is it me or does the background music at around 11:00 sound like harry potter?
minzeyJul 12, 2010 3:56 PM
Jul 12, 2010 3:59 PM

Aug 2009
minzey said:
Tomokazu Sugita as Zen XD

I know! I was so happy to hear that.

This show really doesn't feel like a Shounen Jump show at all. I mean, the shounen elements are there but it feels more serene like Rurouni Kenshin or something.

I knew the snake-head was going to betray the guy just cause it was a snake and stuff. IHope we get more fighting like we did with Night Rikuo in the future.
Jul 12, 2010 4:07 PM

Sep 2009
haha, this episode was also awesome

btw, the ED theme is just win
Jul 12, 2010 4:29 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Rikuo's yokai hair strikes me as odd.

Also this ep was pretty good.
Jul 12, 2010 5:05 PM

Jan 2008
Didn't like how the episode ended introducing a new student and narrator pretty much telling that she has some sort of secret.

The rest I enjoyed though.
Jul 12, 2010 5:09 PM

May 2010
So this ep has more action than the last ep? More Night Rikuo?

Looks like it will be fun to watch.
Jul 12, 2010 5:10 PM

Jan 2008
a_l_2606 said:

Yea, just a short 5 mins or so.
Jul 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Oct 2009
Rikou=shota of the season
Jul 12, 2010 5:14 PM

Oct 2009
Yuki-Onna=Loli of the season :P
Jul 12, 2010 5:16 PM

May 2010
Paul said:
a_l_2606 said:

Yea, just a short 5 mins or so.

Well, the 1st episode isn't really interesting...
Jul 12, 2010 5:35 PM

Jan 2008
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:

putting in spoilers since its somewhat off topic

I haven't read the manga that far but I do hope there are some serious fighting scenes and not some short hack and slash with him pretty much winning every battle.
Jul 12, 2010 6:05 PM

Jan 2009
Good episode. Seeing Night Rikuo was awesome. The ending was kind of weird though. Introducing a new character at the end like that seemed strange.
Jul 12, 2010 6:10 PM

Aug 2008
Pretty decent episode, not as many changes as last ep either. Anyway, now my 2 least favourite chapters are animated, and it only gets better from here. Much better.

Paul said:

I haven't read the manga that far but I do hope there are some serious fighting scenes and not some short hack and slash with him pretty much winning every battle.
There is plenty. Expect maybe 1 more like todays, and that's about it.

garfield15 said:
This show really doesn't feel like a Shounen Jump show at all. I mean, the shounen elements are there but it feels more serene like Rurouni Kenshin or something.

I Hope we get more fighting like we did with Night Rikuo in the future.

The manga turns very shouneny later on, but still manages to keep it's feel. It will start to change in the later half of this season (if it is 24 eps), but will still show more shounen elements and some good battles before it.

Sisato said:
The ending was kind of weird though. Introducing a new character at the end like that seemed strange.
Indeed. But it was either that or drag out the first part... But anyway, that narrator can GTFO.
llamabenJul 12, 2010 7:00 PM
Jul 12, 2010 6:31 PM

Dec 2008
Oh, Lord Zen!! And...how is that hot Night Master Rikuo got tucked away in the body of a 12 year old? It's just not right!! LOL!
Jul 12, 2010 7:57 PM

Nov 2007
I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would, tbh. Let's hope it stays at this level or gets better.

Zen is kind of a babe. :3
Jul 12, 2010 8:38 PM

Mar 2010
Everyone having high lights in the manga didn't really bother me but seeing as 2/3 of the cast has them in the anime it kinda got on my nerves..
Anyways yeah can't wait for next week..I'm happy, finally some real action without making the entire screen turning black or zooming in so far on a person you can't see anything else.
Also had to reassure my sexuality when they showed night Rikou. :o

Jul 12, 2010 8:53 PM

Jan 2010
I seriously can't fucking stand the main character. Such a stupid ans selfish brat... Also the fight scene was so pathetically animated... This episode was even worse than the first and as I haven't read the manga I have nothing to compare it to, so I am going to wait a few more episodes and see how it turns out.
Jul 12, 2010 9:07 PM

Nov 2008
Looking for subs, can't find em...

:|
Jul 12, 2010 9:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
garfield15 said:

FYI, Kenshin was published in Shounen JUMP just like NuraMago. So that doesn't say anything lol.... Stuffs like Yu-gi-oh, One Piece and HxH used to be found in the same issue as Kenshin. In fact the last chapter of Kenshin was in the same issue as the first chapter of Naruto.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 12, 2010 9:27 PM

Oct 2009
littlemitsuki said:
Looking for subs, can't find em...

Hulu has it.
Jul 12, 2010 9:49 PM

Jun 2010
Hmm Sake and some blood, so it wont be kiddie graded, thats nice. Im getting KHR flashes all over again just like Tsuna, and again Night Rikuo is amazing.

When I heard Zen was Sugita was overjoyed. This is a nice shounen, its the same formula but I cant really describe that different vibe it gives.
Jul 12, 2010 10:08 PM

Mar 2009
Decent episode. Yuki Onna still makes this show for me, and a large part of that is because of Horie Yui. So far, this seems to be a better shonen than Kekkaishi(currently airing on Adult Swim), since that one is pretty much about making cakes.
Jul 12, 2010 10:10 PM

Jan 2010
Zen was an interesting character, so I enjoyed the part with him and Night Rikuo. The rest of the episode, however...still average. I really hope it gets more interesting as time goes on, because I don't want to drop this yet it's not really pulling me in. :x
Jul 12, 2010 10:14 PM

Nov 2009
I thought Zen was going to be a new Gokudera "Third!"... i didn't enjoy this episode as much, mostly because i expected this to be a carefree type of show. Bit off there but i guess learning more about the Yokai is good as well.

Mormegil said:
Decent episode. Yuki Onna still makes this show for me, and a large part of that is because of Horie Yui. So far, this seems to be a better shonen than Kekkaishi(currently airing on Adult Swim), since that one is pretty much about making cakes.

Agreed. More Yuki please. The one thing Kekkaishi did well was the interaction between characters and the plot.... But yeah they had a few episodes about cake... Hopefully they can get the same level in that respect, but for characters i really like the cast so far.
helurJul 12, 2010 10:18 PM
Jul 12, 2010 10:37 PM

Jul 2009
Yui-Onna errm Yuki-Onna is my motivation watching this...<3
I miss "Mame Daifuku", i hope she has another cute words in this series though
Jul 12, 2010 10:47 PM

Apr 2010
as under the radar that this series is, it's surprisingly very interesting. comedy is there, eye candy (not echi), action, and a overused but compelling storyline. i can only see it getting better ^ ^

5/5
Jul 12, 2010 11:18 PM

Sep 2007
Well....it's a vast improvement from episode one (Episode 1 left me completely lost, this ep not so much)
but it still needs a little more work in some areas (a bit more character development maybe? or more dramatic action? --not too much though) *shrug*
before it's totally awesomesauce.

And do totally want to see more Youkai Rikuo.

What's with the backflash thing in the beginning though? was that something that happened in the past or present day? That, I was confused --though I guess doesn't really matter in the big picture...but still...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 12, 2010 11:41 PM

Dec 2009
Meh, I still hate the human form of the main character. The whole helpless but brave trait is annoying as hell. Mediocre anime imo, but Gin's voiceactor :OOOOOO!
Jul 13, 2010 12:28 AM

Dec 2009
u2blah said:
Meh, I still hate the human form of the main character. The whole helpless but brave trait is annoying as hell.

agreed. But at least night rikuo is amazing. i think it makes up for human rikuo...or does it tick me of even more that that hot thing is in that anoying kid =.=''

zen and yuki-onna are seriously the best! >.<

this seems to be going good :D i like this anime (n.n)b
Jul 13, 2010 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, Tomokazu Sugita... The cast of this show is so fabulous! The show itself has such Inuyasha pacing though... It's like watching a shounen from 10-15 years ago in terms of a lot of things, including quality. That Harry Potter soundtrack is getting to me...
Jul 13, 2010 12:56 AM

May 2007
I somehow started to like Inuyasha's new haircut.

Jul 13, 2010 1:01 AM

Feb 2009
This is so bland and basic that I'm finding it incredibly boring, but the voicecast and moe make this awesome nonetheless.
Jul 13, 2010 1:53 AM

Jun 2008
minzey said:

Is it me or does the background music at around 11:00 sound like harry potter?

I was thinking the same exact thing. ^w^

I thought it sounded very Harry Potter-ish. The instruments were the same and parts of the arrangement were identical too.
Jul 13, 2010 4:42 AM

Aug 2009
wakka9ca said:
garfield15 said:

FYI, Kenshin was published in Shounen JUMP just like NuraMago. So that doesn't say anything lol.... Stuffs like Yu-gi-oh, One Piece and HxH used to be found in the same issue as Kenshin. In fact the last chapter of Kenshin was in the same issue as the first chapter of Naruto.

Uh, I know very well that Kenshin ran in Jump. That's why I was comparing the two and said that it felt more serene like Kenshin, the other serene Jump manga that I didn't feel was like one at all.
Jul 13, 2010 4:46 AM
Jul 2008
In the manga, will there be more romance?
Jul 13, 2010 6:57 AM

Aug 2009
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:
Rikou=shota of the season

You misspelled Alois.

I love Zen-sama! Sugita fits the part perfectly. I totally melted at Fukuyama's voice when Rikuo was all youkai. =D

I love how this is just another Yakuza anime but with youkai. Reminds me of KHR! in that respect, but of course, there is a different atmosphere (and less bishounen)

New Girl has such a cute dialect!
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 13, 2010 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
I get so many Hitman vibes from this show. Probably because of the main.
Jul 13, 2010 7:55 AM

Sep 2008
Anyone else feel like the pacing for this episode out of place?

Anyways, Yorozuya Gin-san(oops I meant Zen-san) was as what I had expected from the manga to be so no complaints. Same with Yura.

Tsurara FTW!!(although I feel sorry for her since I know Rikuo will most likely pick Kana)
Jul 13, 2010 8:33 AM

Feb 2009
obliviouz said:
Anyone else feel like the pacing for this episode out of place?
Me, but the general gist of the story is there . It's not far from the pacing of the manga so I don't mind it too much.

Sugita Tomokazu as Zen is definitely a good pick and did a good job here. The story should pick up now with Yura entering. Her voice is kinda different from what I pictured but oh well. People complaining about the narrator making Yura suspicious should realize that she had something going on with her from the OP and ED song in ep1. Not a bad start but it has to get better...

obliviouz said:
Tsurara FTW!!(although I feel sorry for her since I know Rikuo will most likely pick Kana)
This. As for Rikuo's pick, it's hard to tell, even from the manga. A lot's been going on so the picking will have to wait. But let's see in the anime, I hear the director will place Kana more in the spotlight in the extension of the next arcs(as a matter of fact, she's present most of the time in the first 2 episodes :3)
Jul 13, 2010 9:00 AM
Jul 2018
BLeakXBuRSTX19 said:

Hehehe XD

and Youkai Rikuo is soo baddass :D
Jul 13, 2010 9:04 AM

Mar 2010
One of if not the best new show of the season! I'm glad we got to see Rikuo's other for again. He's so much cooler! I liked the new character Zen too, I hope he comes back. It was nice he got to see the yokai form of Rikuo.
Next week looks like a yokai hunter girl comes. Based on the ending with her having the shikigami paper doll thing.
Jul 13, 2010 11:31 AM

Jan 2009
Yuki-Onna is cool. Any objections? No? Thought so. ; D
And.. "Tsurara". Reminds me of "Tsuruya". I completely approve.

Also, something that I don't approve of, is Rikuo's hair when he's Night-Rikuo. It like.. Stands.. By itself. It's creepy xD.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 13, 2010 1:33 PM

Apr 2009
yamakasi said:
I'm enjoying this show more than I thought I would, tbh. Let's hope it stays at this level or gets better.

Zen is kind of a babe. :3

^
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 13, 2010 2:56 PM

Jul 2008
Also, something that I don't approve of, is Rikuo's hair when he's Night-Rikuo. It like.. Stands.. By itself. It's creepy xD.

Reminds you of his grandfather but with hair, doesn't he?
And Yuki-oona (Tsurara) needs more scenes (-_-)
Jul 13, 2010 3:00 PM

Mar 2009
SirensRequiem said:
Rikuo's yokai hair strikes me as odd.

Also this ep was pretty good.

yeah, i wish his hair wasn't all weird pointy like that ?
it looks like he got shocked by lightning..
Jul 13, 2010 3:00 PM

May 2008
I want more youkai Rikuo~
Anyway, the episode was ok, I loved it when Rikuo was taken over by his youkai self and saved Zen~
Jul 13, 2010 3:24 PM

Jun 2009
great ep
and kubinashi is soo cute too
Jul 13, 2010 3:30 PM
Jun 2010
2 episodes so far and we still don't know where this show is going. The main character is not interesting and is annoying actually, his haircut in demon mode is just stupid lol. Cutting the snake in half was the best scene in this episode in my opinion.
The ice girl is an interesting character, I'd like to see her in a serious fight.

Jul 13, 2010 4:02 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
garfield15 said:
wakka9ca said:
garfield15 said:

Uh, I know very well that Kenshin ran in Jump. That's why I was comparing the two and said that it felt more serene like Kenshin, the other serene Jump manga that I didn't feel was like one at all.

Lol you sounded like you separated Kenshin and JUMP into two category while one is part of the other.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Nura's Head Shape

Thorgut - Apr 24

3 by CirceOwO »»
Apr 26, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

deadaccount0000 - Jul 5, 2010

155 by vadoyager7 »»
Feb 17, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.