Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2010 2:43 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RAW is out.
Liked it, but I'll probably like it more after watching the subbed.
Jul 5, 2010 2:51 PM

Dec 2007
It was average :/
Jul 5, 2010 3:27 PM

Feb 2008
It's just the beginning, if they didn't saved him Rikuo would wake up as his youkai form. Just what I expect here with 24 episodes that you won't see his youkai form on first episode.
So far it's good like the are in the manga. :)
Subbed or not, who care? LOL

There will be someone that subbing this one for sure

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 5, 2010 3:28 PM
Feb 2010
Jul 5, 2010 5:19 PM

Aug 2008
For this wondering, this is a VIZ simulcast, so it has been subbed.

Very strong start for a shounen series, considering pretty much every shounen anime starts out slow. It's definitely on track to being best of the season after the crap HoTD served up.

OP song is best of the season by a mile... Can't see it being beaten. Animation for the OP was strange at times though :/ Ed was pretty good as well.

5/5 for the episode, and starting it at 9/10 - mostly because of my expectations, and that it definitely hasn't failed to deliver so far.

Edit: This episode made me read the manga... First time a first episode has done that. While I do agree that the first chapter of the manga would of made a better first episode, I'm still of the opinion that it was still very strong.

This episode was chapter 2, with a few (not many) things from chapter 1. I think the reason chapter 1 was skipped is because both chapter 2 and 3 are only 1 chapter each, and don't really mix well. So, some of chapter 1 is incorporated into both chapters in order to have enough material to cover 2 episodes without being too slow paced.
llamabenJul 5, 2010 11:55 PM
Jul 5, 2010 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
Uggggghhhhh....why is this 24 episodes!? Why is another anime that runs in Shonen JUMP of all things 24 episodes. I'm clearly not going to like it if it ends before something interesting happens. Everybody who's read the manga apparently says all the interesting stuff happens later.

-That being said, whoa, the voice cast! Tetsuya Kakihara!? Daisuke Ono? Aya Hirano? Lelouch JUN FUKUYAMA!? (why is he in everything?). I'm just amused by the seiyuu alone. Speaking of Fukuyama, he's clearly using his "shota" voice for regular Rikuo but his Night Rikuo voice isn't even his Zero voice. It's like some kind of really, really deep Lelouch thing

-As for the episode, it was alright. I was expecting a little more Night Rikuo and a little less padding. How appropiate that I started watching this while I'm watching Natsume Yuujinchou at the same time. It's all about teh Yokai

(On a side note, really Viz? "Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan?" I mean, shit. I know that some Japanese titles don't sound that cool in English but I mean, come on. At least put Nurarihyon in the title)
Jul 5, 2010 5:27 PM

Sep 2009
Where do I go to watch this?

Jul 5, 2010 5:29 PM
Feb 2010
garfield15 said:
Uggggghhhhh....why is this 24 episodes!? Why is another anime that runs in Shonen JUMP of all things 24 episodes. I'm clearly not going to like it if it ends before something interesting happens. Everybody who's read the manga apparently says all the interesting stuff happens later.

-That being said, whoa, the voice cast! Tetsuya Kakihara!? Daisuke Ono? Aya Hirano? Lelouch JUN FUKUYAMA!? (why is he in everything?). I'm just amused by the seiyuu alone. Speaking of Fukuyama, he's clearly using his "shota" voice for regular Rikuo but his Night Rikuo voice isn't even his Zero voice. It's like some kind of really, really deep Lelouch thing

-As for the episode, it was alright. I was expecting a little more Night Rikuo and a little less padding. How appropiate that I started watching this while I'm watching Natsume Yuujinchou at the same time. It's all about teh Yokai

(On a side note, really Viz? "Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan?" I mean, shit. I know that some Japanese titles don't sound that cool in English but I mean, come on. At least put Nurarihyon in the title)

don't worry about the episode because if it popular it'll get more episodes just like fairy tail first i see the info it just around 36 episodes but now it get more episode
yup i think nura:rise of the yokai clan is a very bad name why just nura it must nurarihyon of course or maybe just using the grandchild of nurarihyon is better i think than nura bla bla bla

this first episode is good and i really like the op&ed lol
recureJul 5, 2010 5:32 PM
Jul 5, 2010 6:32 PM

Jan 2009
Not a bad episode, but it had me wondering if we'll see any of the Gyuuki arc besides what was in the very beginning. I'm not too happy about only having 24 episode. I've been wanting an anime of this for a while, and there's only 24 episodes. Rikuo just learned about his true power in the manga and it's past 100 chapters. Hopefully we'll get another season of this.

Now if only Psyren would get an anime.
Jul 5, 2010 6:38 PM

Apr 2010
Hente said:

Like the guy above said, Viz is simulcasting it.

Link to the first episode:

http://www.vizanime.com/ep/2331-becoming-the-lord-of-pandemonium
Jul 5, 2010 6:48 PM

Oct 2009
Sisato said:
Not a bad episode, but it had me wondering if we'll see any of the Gyuuki arc besides what was in the very beginning. I'm not too happy about only having 24 episode. I've been wanting an anime of this for a while, and there's only 24 episodes. Rikuo just learned about his true power in the manga and it's past 100 chapters. Hopefully we'll get another season of this.

Now if only Psyren would get an anime.

I think number of episodes still can be changed, it depends on popularity of this show.
Or at least there can be a 2nd season
Jul 5, 2010 6:52 PM

Jul 2008
Clous said:
Hente said:

And what if you are in a country where that is not avaliable?
Jul 5, 2010 7:01 PM

Aug 2008
chrislongden3 said:

Then find a way to get around the restrictions, like I did. Google is your friend.
Jul 5, 2010 7:56 PM

Jun 2009
yare yare what a lame first ep maybe i expected too much tough
still i will give it a second change if the second ep sucks too i quiet
Jul 5, 2010 8:36 PM

Mar 2010
Kinda sad that they're just going to talk about "4 years ago" instead of actually showing it like in the start of the manga... and also skipping like 3 or 4 chapters, oh well..guess it's to keep the viewers interested who haven't read the manga so they skipped pretty much the prologue and the reason WHY he doesn't want to be the commander. :/

Jul 5, 2010 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
Seriousbznz said:
Kinda sad that they're just going to talk about "4 years ago" instead of actually showing it like in the start of the manga... and also skipping like 3 or 4 chapters, oh well..guess it's to keep the viewers interested who haven't read the manga so they skipped pretty much the prologue and the reason WHY he doesn't want to be the commander. :/
Well, I'm assuming that its going to be a flashback, not just talking about it... At that is what I get from an interview of the creator and director, which can be found here. It's a really good read.

A summary of that: The director will follow the original faithfully, with some parts being expanded (the original author intended to include them, but couldn't due to length constraints for the manga). The author is supportive for the changes.
llamabenJul 5, 2010 9:12 PM
Jul 5, 2010 9:12 PM

Aug 2009
llamaben said:

A summary of that: The director will follow the original faithfully, with some parts being expanded (the original author intended to include them, but couldn't due to length constraints for the manga). The author is supportive for the changes.

Hmm. Interesting.

Well, if the creator is supporting the changes then I guess I won't complain about the length anymore.
Jul 5, 2010 9:28 PM

Mar 2010
If he plans to follow the original story line faithfully for the most part and only changing what the creator thinks would make it better then I can see a new long running main stream anime in the future.

Jul 5, 2010 10:01 PM

May 2010
Darn... the stream is not available in VN... so somebody needs to sub it, for viewers' sake...

garfield15 said:

And I was hoping for some mind-breaking Zero voice...
a_l_2606Jul 5, 2010 10:05 PM
Jul 5, 2010 10:21 PM

Mar 2010
Just go to Hulu for the stream then, oddly enough it's on there too.

Jul 5, 2010 10:53 PM

Nov 2008
This episode was bad.
Jul 5, 2010 11:48 PM

Oct 2009
Seriousbznz said:

Guess i gotta read a few chapters of the manga..read the one shot and that was completely off from this episode

For me, this episode was okay..i was pitying Rura when all those yokai showed up and then finding out about his classmates. haha, sucks to be him =X
Jul 6, 2010 2:39 AM

Aug 2008
tylerxian said:
I hope that even though the first episode didn't follow the manga faithfully, they will later on. Though I'm doubtful of that, at the very least I just wish that if they do make a different plot on this series they won't finish it off with a crappy ending.
Read my post about that on the previous page. And I wouldn't really call this episode "unfaithful." The only real differences were that it started at chapter 2, and changed things slightly to make for a better first episode. I'll admit that starting at chapter 1 would of been better, but the anime version of chapter 2 (this episode) is definitely better than the manga version.
Jul 6, 2010 3:18 AM

Jul 2008
YESSSSS BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS

Waaaaah, Wakana had lines! \o/

I'm so happy this series :DDDDD

That interview is great - I am already happy with the expanding (Wakana had lines people!!! \o/ \o/ \o/).

The ending was cute and reminded me how awesome all three girls are.

BEGINNER
Jul 6, 2010 3:29 AM

Sep 2009
Hmm... for a DEEN show, this was surprisingly not awful. It wasn't great or anything, but had a few decent moments. At least it was a bit entertaining, which is more than I can say for last season's fare.

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU, DEEN. NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THE DULLEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE.
Jul 6, 2010 3:41 AM

May 2010
Looks like ep 01 subbed is available for download, people!!

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=141823

And don't tell me that I don't have balls for not using tokyotosho again, haha...
Jul 6, 2010 3:45 AM
Mar 2010
chrislongden3 said:
Clous said:
Hente said:

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/playindex.do?lid=9080724&iid=54549361
you cvan watch it here.
Jul 6, 2010 4:49 AM

May 2008
I didnt like it that much but oh well i expect it to get better

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 6, 2010 5:20 AM

Oct 2009
With me having yet to read the manga, I'd say the episode was okay... but it's just the first episode so I can't say anything yet.

Jul 6, 2010 5:30 AM

Aug 2008
otakuthon49 said:
With me having yet to read the manga, I'd say the episode was okay... but it's just the first episode so I can't say anything yet.
Don't worry, I'd personally say that the chapter used to adapt this episode was probably the worst chapter in the first 20 (which is where I'm up to now...).
Jul 6, 2010 5:47 AM

Dec 2009
Nice start , liked the ice yokai xD.
Jul 6, 2010 5:57 AM

Jan 2008
It wasn't bad or anything, but it lacks any real impact. I like the character design and I've always been interested in folklore and the supernatural so I'll stick with this a bit longer.
Would it help if I read the manga first?
Jul 6, 2010 6:04 AM

Sep 2007
ari_aki said:
Would it help if I read the manga first?

Probably. It took me a while to get into the story at all, I think I started to really like it around the Gyuuki Arc which was teased in the beginning of the first episode and the new element that was added recently in the Manga makes things really interesting.
Overall, this reminded me of Negima, meaning that the beginning doesn't show even remotely where the story is headed. If I hadn't read the Manga, I wouldn't have thought even for a second this could be Fairy Tail with Youkai and generally interesting characters.

I loved the Opening, even though I don't like the way it just fades out in the end.
The Ending is skipworthy, good luck trying again in 12 episodes.
Jul 6, 2010 6:06 AM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
Speaking of Fukuyama, he's clearly using his "shota" voice for regular Rikuo but his Night Rikuo voice isn't even his Zero voice. It's like some kind of really, really deep Lelouch thing

Right? o.o I was surprised, too. Barely recognised him (well, I didn't look at the seiyuu list beforehand). I didn't know he was capable of doing voices so deep xD

Well, that was less serious than I expected. I still don't know what to think about it, so I'll just stick with it and don't discuss until I have an opinion xP I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 6, 2010 6:39 AM

Jul 2008
It's quite obvious why he doesn't want to be "Supreme Commander", because his head would eventually be like his grandfather's!
Jul 6, 2010 6:54 AM
Feb 2010
you know i laught when i see rikou ask his grandpa when his head become so long in the preview lol
Jul 6, 2010 8:32 AM

Sep 2007
The voices will kill me.
Anyways ... Liked a little this episode.
Because i don't really like the last arc, i'm not so enthousiastic with this anime. x_x
Jul 6, 2010 8:34 AM

Nov 2007
Japanese folklore with attractive character designs from the manga and Mariko Oka as part of the staff. Of course I would end up liking this. Interesting start, nothing too stellar but enough for me to want to continue. Fukuyama Jun was a good choice to voice Rikuo, since he's one of the few male VA capable of sounding shota. The main theme that kept playing really sounded really familiar... Harry Potter? Nevermind that.
Jul 6, 2010 8:44 AM

Jan 2010
I just recently read the manga before i heard the news of it being an anime and I would have to say that I liked it very much..but why is it only 24 episodes? surely that's not gonna be enough, I really think that they would add a season 2 to this.

Well, I didn't really expect much from the first episode, so I really didn't mind if this episode was not the best but it was good. I hope that it will cover at least until the shikoku arc within the 24 episodes.

I loved the casting of this series coz they included Jun Fukayama, Aya Hirano and Yui Horie in one show.
Jul 6, 2010 9:47 AM

Dec 2008
Loved it! Can't wait for the next ep! Rikuo's dark side looks amazingly badass!
Jul 6, 2010 9:56 AM

Jan 2009
Now this, might be a more interesting cast than in HotD : O
Haven't seen Aya-tan on the cast lists for like.. Forever xD (Surprised she didn't do the OP or ED though)
And what's more, she's paired up with Horie Yui and Fukuyama Jun for the main characters~
Hmm.. Then there're a bunch of no-names, no-names and even more no-names >.>
At least some bigger names are in the support cast at least~ Sakurai Takahiro, Toriumi Kousuke, Sugita Tomokazu, Yoshino Hiroyuki and.... Wait, wait, wait...
...Why is Arai Satomi in this? ;_________;
Couldn't she just stick to Kuroko and stay out of everything else D':

Quite an okay OP, and seeing as it's not bad, I probably will come to like it better later on. And quite a good ED too.
I am quite pleased with the animation as well~
And this, unlike much else, was interesting.
Heck this is the 3rd of the 7 new anime I've started on, that has a great opening episode : >
Lastly, I felt like something was missing, and then I lol'd when I realized what it was
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 6, 2010 10:02 AM

May 2009
Oosran said:
Lastly, I felt like something was missing, and then I lol'd when I realized what it was

Jul 6, 2010 10:29 AM

Jan 2010
That was unexpectedly... boring. Also I am tired of hearing Jun's voice in all the main shounen characters. It wouldn't bother much if he could act his part, but he always voices all his characters the same.

On the other hand Yuki is cute. XD
Jul 6, 2010 11:11 AM

Sep 2007
werr-y said:

You should refer to her as Tsurara, her human form name. Yuki Onna (Snow Woman) is just the type of Youkai she is and is nothing more of a name than Kappa or Hitotsume.
Jul 6, 2010 11:28 AM

Dec 2008
I lol'd at the Harry Potter soundtrack.
Jul 6, 2010 11:28 AM
Mar 2010
pretty ok
Jul 6, 2010 11:30 AM

Jan 2010
Spade said:
werr-y said:

You should refer to her as Tsurara, her human form name. Yuki Onna (Snow Woman) is just the type of Youkai she is and is nothing more of a name than Kappa or Hitotsume.
Thanks for the info, but Yuki sounds better to me than Tsurara. Besides, can't I say "The snow woman is cute"? That'd be the same.
Jul 6, 2010 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
is that Harry Potter's BGM? i guess it is so
i think this leaves something to be desired, but i want to expect other episodes.

great as wallpaper

her cuteness stands out of the other girls, i think
Hana-keiJul 6, 2010 12:20 PM
Jul 6, 2010 12:16 PM
Jul 2008
It was nice enough. Haven't read the manga everyone is talking about, so I have no expectations. From this first episode it looks like fun, laid back show.
I liked the humor of it, and the characters are cute.
Plus a dork turns in to a bishie =w=
so it's good.
Jul 6, 2010 12:24 PM

May 2009
I liked the youkai angle, but character design was very generic and nothing about this series really stood out for me. Animation was average, except maybe the cherry blossom scenes, which I thought were well done.

The story is going to have to be pretty strong for me to stick it out for 24 eps; here's hoping.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 6, 2010

37 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Dubbed or Subbed? Witch one is better?

Zmagoo256 - Apr 26, 2020

2 by Mazdite1 »»
Nov 12, 2023 12:15 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 6, 2010

113 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 2, 2023 10:03 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Bolt_ - Aug 30, 2010

73 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 1, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nayrael - Aug 23, 2010

74 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Oct 1, 2023 11:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.